PDA

View Full Version : Get your tickets to Vulvapalooza now!!!

John Ashcroft
02-20-2004, 06:56 PM
The Republican club at Tufts University is protesting recent sex-based events on campus, encouraging students to reject the depraved "hook up" culture on campus.

The club reports last week the university hosted the "Sex on the Hill" fair, which included students, administrators, and faculty taste-testing lubricants, participating in the "Condom Olympics," and marking on life-sized fully-nude drawings where they like to be rubbed, touched, kissed or licked. The group also says the Tufts student activities director, Jodie Nealley, posed as female genitalia at the event.

Next week, the owner of a sex novelty store is scheduled to present a "Joys of Toys" demonstration at a freshman dormitory. Also on tap is "Vulvapalooza," a "free event celebrating vaginas" to be presented along with performances of the play "The Vagina Monologues," the GOP club reports.

"The gratuitousness of these events is incredible," said Tufts Republicans President Philipp Tsipman. "The university is sending a clear message that anything goes here. Tolerance is in, and decency is nowhere to be found."

Added Rachel Hoff, Tufts Republicans Women's Caucus Chair: "The university should not be promoting such a degraded view of sexuality. Instead, Tufts should be promoting the truly healthy conceptions of love and relationships."

As part of a nationwide movement to "take back the date," coordinated by the Independent Women's Forum, the Tufts Republicans are asking their fellow students to reconsider the "hook-up" culture on the Tufts campus. "Hook up" refers to any level of casual sexual contact for recreational purposes with no commitment involved.

"What we're asking is, 'Don't you think you deserve something better?'" said Tsipman.

Link: here (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=37203)

Seshmeister
02-20-2004, 07:45 PM
The BIG question is how come the US with all of it's religous hangups regarding sex education has the highest teenage pregnancy rate in the Western world whereas the Dutch who tell kids absolutely everything from a very young age has the lowest.

Don't get me wrong, the thought of telling the Seshlet about screwing in detail(Or getting her Mum too more like!) at the age of 8 doesnt fill me with glee but it seems to be the lesser of two evils.

Cheers!

:gulp:

John Ashcroft
02-20-2004, 09:55 PM
Don't know, but it's gotta be a liberal's fault somehow...

No really, the hangup isn't as big as you in Europe see it Sesh, believe me. I feel the problem is the polarity of the issue. We've got people wanting to make it legal to screw in the middle of the street, and we've got people wanting to outlaw anything other than the missionary position, (which is only acceptable in the interest of procreation naturally...) Our politicians foster this divisiveness in their quest for self-advancement, which only amplifies the apparent problem.

Now, onto why I said "apparent". You do realize that the groups I've just mentioned are a small minority of the American public. But they are also the segment that get mainstream news coverage, and therefore influence government disproportionately (which of course is why we need leaders in government, not poll watchers). All I can say is that the American public is neither the prudes Europe sees us as, nor the heathens. We truly get a bum rap from the international (and our own) press. Surely you know this with all of your trips to New York.

alexpgrimes
02-21-2004, 12:52 AM
Yes were are fucked up that way.

BITEYOASS
02-21-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
The BIG question is how come the US with all of it's religous hangups regarding sex education has the highest teenage pregnancy rate in the Western world whereas the Dutch who tell kids absolutely everything from a very young age has the lowest. :gulp:

I'll tell you why Sesh! It's because most americans either don't get paid worth a shit, or spend themselves into debt to the point where both parents have to get jobs and they don't know what the fuck is going on with there kids.

Seshmeister
02-21-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Don't know, but it's gotta be a liberal's fault somehow...

No really, the hangup isn't as big as you in Europe see it Sesh, believe me. I feel the problem is the polarity of the issue. We've got people wanting to make it legal to screw in the middle of the street, and we've got people wanting to outlaw anything other than the missionary position, (which is only acceptable in the interest of procreation naturally...) Our politicians foster this divisiveness in their quest for self-advancement, which only amplifies the apparent problem.

Now, onto why I said "apparent". You do realize that the groups I've just mentioned are a small minority of the American public. But they are also the segment that get mainstream news coverage, and therefore influence government disproportionately (which of course is why we need leaders in government, not poll watchers). All I can say is that the American public is neither the prudes Europe sees us as, nor the heathens. We truly get a bum rap from the international (and our own) press. Surely you know this with all of your trips to New York.

Of course.

And I hate the thought that some of you guys might see me as anti American. I am far from that otherwise I wouldn't bother posting in here. Anti American government - yes. Anti small minded religion yes.

To me the USA isn't really a country at all it's a melting pot of the whole world. Everything that is good or bad in the world is in the US often to the extreme in each direction. Conneticuit is more different from Texas than the UK is from France for example.

I spend a lot of time through work in childrens hospitals and often you are in the elevator trying to work out if the two kids in front of you are sisters or mother and daughter. It seems that the people least able to support a kid are breeding like rabbits while the well educated folk are leaving it too late. I can't think of an easy answer to that except stopping women following careers.

The UK has a high teenage pregnancy rate too and I think the problem these days comes down to education. The world is a changing place. A pal of mine had his paperboy come to the door and ask out his daughter on behalf of his little brother. The brother and my pals daughter are 6!

Maybe it was cute and shit but still. I don't think the answer is to bury your head in the sand like a lot of religous reactionries want to. It's an easy option but long term not the right one.

Empirical evidence seems to show tell them fucking everything and they won't ruin their lives.

Cheers!

John Ashcroft
02-21-2004, 10:28 PM
Dude, we know you're not anti-U.S. It's obvious, and I also understand and appreciate your humor. So no worries.

Now, stupid people are most definitely breeding at a much higher rate than responsible ones. That fact is abundantly clear with any trip to WalMart. I don't know what to do, but obviously "breeding licenses" are out of the question (although the idea is catchy...) I just wouldn't trust any government agency to actually dole out such licenses. But I will add, being somewhat dim-witted is no crime. Our country was founded and built by all types. I think what they had in common was a work ethic, which made it all possible. Hell, a dumb person who busts his or her ass every day cleaning the street is a valuable part of any society!

So where are we going wrong? Well, building the dependant class. I know the intentions started out as nobel, but social programs in our country have turned out to be a cancer. They are rotting the very soul of our country, and religion has nothing to do with it. I can't tell you how many people I've met that actually feel their entitled to come to work whenever they feel like it. There's always a reason, and the reason is always fucked up. Shit like "The boss doesn't pay me enough to come in on time". Hey, if you're not fairly compensated for what you bring to the table, find a new job. The world owes you nothing, and your society is what you make of it. Not everyone is going to turn out to be Donald Trump (although I'm working on copying his do). But that doesn't mean you will end up under a bridge. And if you're under a bridge, it's your own damn fault in our country. But this "entitlement" mentality has been injected into our society, and that's what's going to be it's downfall. People don't worry about having a dozen or so illegitimate children because the government pays them for them. You know all of those programs "in the name of the children"... Imagine if that "safety net" wasn't there. I can tell you that you'd have one hell of alot less of a problem with single moms. And abortion has nothing to do with this either. It's a reactive measure, not a proactive, and therefore not a permanent solution. I'm more interested at identifying the source of a social ill and eradicating it rather than the band-aid approach that politicians love to dole out (because it's soooo much easier, and the gratification is instant). I just fear that we're too far gone to do much good about it.

FORD
02-21-2004, 11:26 PM

We've got people wanting to make it legal to screw in the middle of the street,

Now who, apart from Paul McCartney on the White Album, ever suggested that?? :eek:

Why don't we d-d-do it in the road?.....

BigBadBrian
02-22-2004, 08:00 AM
Conneticuit is more different from Texas than the UK is from France for example.

In some ways, maybe. There's a lot more similarities you'd ever realize. Anyway, comparing the UK to France is an insult to your people, I'd imagine.

I spend a lot of time through work in childrens hospitals and often you are in the elevator trying to work out if the two kids in front of you are sisters or mother and daughter. It seems that the people least able to support a kid are breeding like rabbits while the well educated folk are leaving it too late. I can't think of an easy answer to that except stopping women following careers.

I have no problem with women and careers, but staying at home and giving the kids' the primary emphasis has lost it's appeal to many women. Women not putting their kids before a career is a big mistake, in my opinion. A lot of women who say they have to work really mean to say they have to work so their family can live in an oversized house and afford two vehicle payments. Sadly, that's more important to a lot of people than raising their children with proper supervision and guidance. I realize single mothers and other situations can be the exception, of course.

The rest of your post was pretty much right on the mark, Sesh. :gulp:

Seshmeister
02-22-2004, 10:32 PM
And abortion has nothing to do with this either. It's a reactive measure, not a proactive, and therefore not a permanent solution.

I disagree - you can't get much more permanent than abortion.

There is some evidence to show that in the US since abortion was legalized it has reduced crime by getting rid of some of the underclass.

I'm not making a moral judgement on that but it seems to hold up as a theory.

Cheers!

John Ashcroft
02-23-2004, 08:18 AM
What I mean is that abortion is most definitely a permanent resolution, but only to the individuals involved. I'm more interested in the larger solution that influences masses of people, not just individuals. In other words, the whole "give a man a fish vs. teach a man to fish" argument. I'd like to find a way to prevent the need for abortion... But I realize that government certainly isn't the solution, but the problem. It's as if our govenrment is encouraging people to absolve themselves of any and all responsibility for their own actions. Employing program after program in the name of combating personal responsibility. The net result is a larger and larger dependent class that's void of certain moral direction. I'm no preacher, that's for sure. But in a practical sense how can our freedom(s) ever amount to anything without a common moral foundation? There's certainly not enough law enforcement to police every citizen (and I certainly would never condone a police state anyway), therefore it's imperitive that adherance to law and order be a responsibility of the individual. With no moral compass guiding our citizens our system, and any system other than a police state, will descend into anarchy.

BigBadBrian
02-23-2004, 10:08 AM
I disagree - you can't get much more permanent than abortion.

There is some evidence to show that in the US since abortion was legalized it has reduced crime by getting rid of some of the underclass.

Hmmm.......................not sure what you mean by underclass. Do you those of the lower socio-economic levels?