PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto or True Crime: Streets of L.A.

lionsfan
01-02-2004, 03:00 AM
I need a little help on this one. I've got an Xbox, and right now I can't decide whether to get the GTA Double Pack or True Crime: Streets of L.A. Both of these game recieved pretty good reviews at IGN.com (GTA: 9.6 out of 10; True Crime: 9.0 out of 10), both look awesome... Which should I get first?

Flash Bastard
01-02-2004, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by lionsfan
I need a little help on this one. I've got an Xbox, and right now I can't decide whether to get the GTA Double Pack or True Crime: Streets of L.A. Both of these game recieved pretty good reviews at IGN.com (GTA: 9.6 out of 10; True Crime: 9.0 out of 10), both look awesome... Which should I get first?

Go with GTA before the fucking lawyers get it removed from the shelves. It's awesome, the best money I've spent all year on a game.

flappo
01-02-2004, 10:31 AM
..i agree

..that game reminds me of a day at hitchworld

Troy
01-02-2004, 01:37 PM
GTA hands down. All others that come after are just trying to be like the original.

Besides, you can get III & VC for $50

Troy
01-02-2004, 01:38 PM
It would be kick ass if they could do GTA Live! You could walk around interacting with people and causing gang wars.

lucky wilbury
01-02-2004, 10:11 PM
that would be sweet. although everyone would want to be a pimp though.

Hecubus
01-02-2004, 10:22 PM
GTA....

How can you go wrong with a game that allows you to pick up hookers & replenish your life with a little action?

Plus, Vice City is stellar.

eddie1087
01-02-2004, 10:26 PM
well i say gta because for one you get two games intead of one. also i tryied true crimes and i really didnt like it.. im my thught.. my vote gta

lionsfan
01-03-2004, 11:49 PM
GTA it is! Thanks everyone.

Seshmeister
01-04-2004, 12:01 AM
GTA if only for the soundtrack which is is amazing whether you are listening to 80s rock wth Yankee Rose or the chat shows which are really funny.

The best thing about GTA is the humor throughout. You should get at least 80 hours out of this game.

The only problem I would say is that I got stuck about 3/4s of the way through but I'm sure I could have got further with a few cheats.

Cheers

:gulp:

Seshmeister
01-04-2004, 12:15 AM
It's worth buying just for this...

SeshMistress: You've been on the computer for hours, are you nearly finishedworking tonight?

Me: I'm not working

SM: Oh you talking to the 'Colonel' again?

Me: His name is Sarge but no I'm playing GTA

SM: *Comes and looks at screen* Is that Miami? It looks just like the hotel we stayed in after the Roth gig in Tampa.

Me: Yeah, it's based on Miami.

SM: What's that creaking sound?

Me: I've just picked up a prostitute and I'm screwing her. It increases your health.

SM: WHAT?!!?*rushs over to the screen to make sure I'm not getting off on it*

SM: I'm not comfortable with that...what are you doing now?

Me: I'm killing her. I need some money.

SM: I'm really starting to worry about you....

Cheers!

:gulp:

diamond den™
01-04-2004, 05:03 AM
GTA is a pretty good game. Vice City is pretty good fun. I am more into FPS and Role Playing games personally though.

:)

Troy
01-04-2004, 02:53 PM
I got the 7 disc soundtrack box set for Christmas, it's pretty cool.

BrownSound1
01-11-2004, 12:56 AM
I love Vice City....to me it could be the greatest game I've ever played in my life. I mean...if you don't feel like doing an actual mission, then steal a car, fuck a hooker, kill some innocent bystanders with a shotgun, hit old people with brass knuckles, get your vehicle to the point of explosion and run it into a bunch of other cars, kill cops, change clothes, and on and on.

I have only half-assed played any of GTA:3, but I'll get around to it. To me Vice City seems to be more fun than 3, but maybe that's because of VRock...hell I dunno.

Gmoney
01-11-2004, 08:59 AM
GTA is kick ass. Where else can you score with hookers, beat them up and get your money back!!!:D