PDA

View Full Version : Even Roth is shitting his pants

Seshmeister
03-18-2005, 12:25 AM
Dave Roth who should know better after travelling the world is sitting each night clutching a gun under his pillow.

Get a fucking grip.

Stop buying the government fear factor.

You know how many Americans got killed in the US last year by cunning evil Al Queda terrorists?

Fuck all.

Number of accidental gun deaths in the US last year was 1500.

Get a life.

It is absolutely impossible for muslims or ficticious Al Queda to destroy the freedom in our countries. The only people that can do that is our governments.

Try living with the US funded IRA for 30 years and maybe you'll all get it in perspective.

Cheers!

:gulp:

BrownSound1
03-18-2005, 12:41 AM
I don't think Dave is scared of Al Qaeda, but rather the nuts who like to jump his fence in the middle of the night. Who can blame him after his father was kidnapped by that guy. As for me personally, I'll bust a cap in any sumbitch that breaks into my house.

Nitro Express
03-18-2005, 12:55 AM
Terrorists can stir the pot. Great point though, many political leaders are looking for a crisis so they can grab more power. Look how Putin used that school being attacked in Russia to grab some more power for himself.

I wouldn't underestimate Islamic terrorism though, they can hit us where it hurts and cause a lot of trouble.

Al Quaida wanted to draw us into Afganistahn where they could beat us like they did the Soviets. They had no idea what they were up against and found out they can't take on the US military on a large scale. We took Iraq but can't turn it over without causing a worse situation than when we went in. Osama Bin Laddin and his allies wanted to bog us down in the middle east and wear us down in a Vietnam style conflict but nobody had any idea it was going to be in Iraq.

Wars take on a life of their own. We need to remember we were attacked and if the President didn't send troops, he would be catching shit for that too. The reality is we have very little control over the matter, the wild bull is going to do it's thing regardless of how we bitch.

Ally_Kat
03-18-2005, 01:52 AM
Didn't Dave have a gun before all of this 9/11 stuff went down?

monkeythe
03-18-2005, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
You know how many Americans got killed in the US last year by cunning evil Al Queda terrorists?
:gulp:

Zero. Thank You Mr George W Bush. As someone who lost friends and thanfully had family members escape on 9/11, I'm very glad that the answer is zero.
Do you wish the answer to be more than zero? And if not, what the fuck is the point of this thread.

Cathedral
03-18-2005, 03:07 AM
Brownsound is right, Dave doesn't sleep with a gun because of whats going on in politics and war.
Read his book, he tells you exactly why he sleeps with a gun and has a huge wall around his house.

Seriously, his book will open your eyes as to what he really thinks about lots of issues.
I actually hear the 6-pack differently after reading it.
Everything he did on stage and in those songs is about his own rage.

It was the reason for the term "Mighty" when Van Halen was introduced in his era.
And he took that with him when he left the band.

Satan
03-18-2005, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by monkeythe
Zero. Thank You Mr George W Bush.

Dragonshit!

When was the last foreign terrorist attack on the United States before 9/11?

That would be the first WTC bombing in 1993. And the people responsible for that attack were arrested, prosecuted and convicted.

So I guess you should thank Bill Clinton.

ELVIS
03-18-2005, 10:36 AM
For what ??

Nickdfresh
03-18-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
For what ??

Read the post again!

But if my father were kidnapped and an asshole jumped over my wall, I'd probably keep several weapons around too.

weesfreewheelin
03-18-2005, 11:32 AM
I've had guns my entire life practically. It has relatively nothing to do with muslim rag heads. It has more to do with what I see on the evening news (car jacking, robbery, murder etc..etc...). I would rather be in jail for killing you, than you be in jail for killing me. I also would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six;)

Jérôme Frenchise
03-18-2005, 11:56 AM
Certain circumstances will make gun possession understandable.

By the way, just to have a laugh, I once read a true story (on Darwin Awards.com) about a guy who used to sleep with a pistol under his pillow.
One morning, he was awoken by the ringing of his phone. Instead of getting up to pick it up, he sat down, took his gun, held it to his head and... shot himself down! His wife witnessed the scene, helpless...
Sorry, it's horrible, but I can't help laughing about it.:( :D :( :D :( :D

Nitro Express
03-18-2005, 12:10 PM
I have guns because I like to competition shoot. I used to hunt but it's just too much of a hassles anymore and I think shooting clay pigeons is funner. I never purchased a gun thinking about self-defense.

The funniest home defense story I ever heard was some old dude bayoneted a home intruder with an antique Brown Bess musket that was hanging on the wall.

Ally_Kat
03-18-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Satan
Dragonshit!

When was the last foreign terrorist attack on the United States before 9/11?

That would be the first WTC bombing in 1993. And the people responsible for that attack were arrested, prosecuted and convicted.

So I guess you should thank Bill Clinton.

No, not all of them. One guy got exile in Iraq by Saddam and was living there until we got there. I don't think he's been captured yet. He was interviewed a couple of times by popular US journalists, but never arrested, prosecuted, or convicted.

Seshmeister
03-18-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Read the post again!

But if my father were kidnapped and an asshole jumped over my wall, I'd probably keep several weapons around too.

That's not what he's saying on the radio. He's saying everyone has to have a gun because of terrorists.

secrets
03-18-2005, 05:05 PM
Having a gun won't help you in a suicide bombing one bit.

It's unfortunate that a few radical fundamentalists hell bent on destroying anything related to western values, whilst happily living off state benefits and the freedom of expression perhaps not allowed them in their own countries, ruin it for the rest of the Muslim community who suffer racism because of them.

UGS
03-19-2005, 11:27 PM
CNN can scare more impressionable people who don't exercise common sense than any number of "terror organizations".

Making news of the "Terror Alert Level" rising to yellow. Who the fuck cares. . .as if people let colors affect their lives.