PDA

View Full Version : Australian guys like to stick their fingers up peoples asses during rugby games..



Sarge
02-21-2004, 02:14 AM
http://www.sportal.com.au/league.asp?i=news&id=9703

The most vile act ever!
Sportal



Controversial Wests Tigers winger John Hopoate has been suspended for 12 weeks after being found guilty by the NRL Judiciary of poking his fingers up the anuses of three North Queensland players.

Accused of one of the most bizarre charges in the history of rugby league, or sport in general for that matter of fact, Hopoate was officially found guilty of 'unsportsmanlike interference'.


On the evidence of video footage and the damning testimony from the three Cowboys players, Hopoate was always likely to be found guilty. The length of his sentence seen as the only contentious matter.

In the end the NRL Judiciary had little trouble differentiating between a "wedgie", a "finger up the arse" and the area between the "arse and the nuts" before finding Hopoate guilty.

NRL judiciary commissioner Jim Hall described Hopoate's case as the worst he had experienced in his 45-year involvement in rugby league.

"I've never come across a more disgusting allegation than I've had to deal with now," he said.

Hopoate, 27, was found guilty on three separate counts of deliberately sticking his fingers up the anuses of Peter Jones, Paul Bowman and Glenn Morrison in Saturday night's match at Dairy Farmers Stadium.

Hopoate, a former Australian Test winger, insisted he was merely trying to give Jones and Morrison a wedgie in order to perform a quick play-the-ball and that he did not stick his finger up Bowman's anus.

Asked by his consel Bernie Gross QC where he was directing his finger at Bowman, the Cowboys captain, Hopoate replied: "Between his arse and his nuts".

Hopoate maintained he did nothing wrong in administering the wedgies and went on to say: "I'm a great believer in what happens on the field should stay there."

Asked to describe what a wedgie felt like, the Tigers winger replied: "You get a burning sensation. Your undies are getting reefed up your arse."

Hopoate's defence counsel contended to Jones that his client had merely administered a "wedgie" on the Cowboy in the seventh minute of the match.

"It wasn't a wedgie. That's when your pants are pulled up your arse. I think I know the difference between a wedgie and someone sticking their finger up my bum," said Jones, admitting that while both acts caused discomfort, they caused different sensations and he could differentiate between the two.

Jones claimed he hadn't provoked Hopoate and that afterwards he immediately expressed his "disgust" and gave the Tongan international a push.

Bowman said after tackling Hopoate in the 17th minute, he stood over the winger and "that's when I felt fingers outside my shorts pushing up my arse".

"There was pressure there. I know he wasn't doing it accidentally. He was definitely pushing.

"I was disgusted. I couldn't believe it. I know it's a tough game, but there's no room for that."

Gross argued that Bowman had been excessive in trying to slow Hopoate from playing the ball by grabbing the North Queensland captain's leg.

But Bowman maintained that "if he (Hopoate) was a man, he wouldn't do that".

When pressed by Gross, Bowman became angry and asked the QC: "If I held your leg, would that give you the right to put your finger up my arse?"

Morrison testified he was caused pain by Hopoate's action.

"Hopoate was trying to pick my arse. It's not a thing that I wanted to happen and it's not a pleasant thing," Morrison said.

Tigers coach Terry Lamb, who has played 349 first grade games, said it was resonably common to be touched in the region of the testicles.

In directing the panel before making a verdict, NRL judiciary chairman Greg Woods told the former players not be swayed by their "feeling of revulsion or distaste".

Gross pre-empted a guilty verdict would cause Hopoate "disgrace and embarrassment".

After the hearing, Wests Tigers chairman John Chalk said the club would appeal against the ruling.

The hearing also made headlines in London.

Under the headline "The sickest thing in sport? RL star is accused of going up and under with fingers", tabloid newspaper The Mirror compared the allegations against the rugby league player with boxer Mike Tyson biting Evander Holyfield's ear.

"There was Vinnie Jones's infamous grab at Paul Gascoigne. Mike Tyson got in on the act by biting a chunk out of Evander Holyfield's ear. But sport can rarely have had such a bizarre charge as that levelled at rugby league hard man John Hopoate," the paper said.

"The Wests Tigers star has been cited for "conduct unbecoming" after allegedly persistently sticking his fingers up opponents' backsides while making tackles."

Liberal broadsheet The Guardian also reported the claims.

John Hopoate's judiciary wrap:

Date: 13/3/98
Match: Manly v Brisbane at ANZ Stadium
Charge: Contrary conduct (Dissent), sent off during match
Plea: Not guilty
Finding: Guilty
Suspension: Two matches

Date: 9/6/00
Match: Wests Tigers v St George Illawarra at Campbelltown Stadium
Charge: Grade two contrary conduct, sent off during match
Plea: Not Guilty
Finding: Guilty
Suspension: Two matches

Date: 29/7/00
Match: Wests Tigers v Melbourne at Leichhardt Oval
Charge: Misconduct - 10 incidents referred to judiciary
Finding: Guilty on four counts
Suspension: Three matches

Date: 26/3/01
Match: Wests Tigers v North Queensland at Dairy Farmers Stadium
Charge: Grade one striking
Plea: Guilty
Suspension: No ban, points penalty only

Date: 26/3/01
Match: Wests Tigers v North Queensland at Dairy Farmers Stadium
Charge: Three of conduct contrary to true spirit of the game - referred to judiciary.
Plea: Referred to judiciary
Suspension: Twelve matches

Sarge
02-21-2004, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Sarge
Asked to describe what a wedgie felt like, the Tigers winger replied: "You get a burning sensation. Your undies are getting reefed up your arse."



HAHAHAHAA

Sarge
02-21-2004, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Sarge
[B] "It wasn't a wedgie. That's when your pants are pulled up your arse. I think I know the difference between a wedgie and someone sticking their finger up my bum," said Jones, admitting that while both acts caused discomfort, they caused different sensations and he could differentiate between the two.

"Hopoate was trying to pick my arse. It's not a thing that I wanted to happen and it's not a pleasant thing," Morrison said.



HAHAHAHAAAA

Panamark
02-21-2004, 02:27 AM
This effectively ended John Hopoate's career, he was a big black
maori guy too, I wouldnt want my ass fingered by him. Theres actual video of this. I remember them showing it on the news when it happened.

Its funny, both our main codes of football AFL (Australian Rules
Football) and ARL (Australian Rugby League) had two bad incidents like this in a short time-frame.

The Aussie Rules one was, one of the guys had his head sat on, so he bit the dudes nuts that was sitting on him. In Australian Football we dont wear helmets and padding (Real Deal Here) just guernseys and shorts. So apparently this dude got a good bite on the other fuckers nads through his shorts. Farken OUCH !

Hopoate was the "butt" of many jokes in Sydney for a long time.. Apparently he had used this tactic on more than one opposition player in his career. He defended it as a tactic to put off the opposition.

Sarge
02-21-2004, 02:45 AM
go for the waist when you tackle
Not the anus..

Panamark
02-21-2004, 02:56 AM
Cant argue with that. I couldnt believe it when I saw this shit. I wish I could find the video, its pretty funny actually. Its old news though, I think it happend in 2002.

As for your argument about tackling, dude ! You have no argument. We do it for real here, none of those Gay helmets and Shoulder pads
and taking 20 minute breaks in between plays. We slam into each
other, bone to bone, head to head.

Sarge
02-21-2004, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
We slam into each
other, bone to bone, head to head.


Finger to anus!

:)

Little Texan
02-21-2004, 03:11 AM
Sounds like a flaming faggot to me. Only a queer would stick his finger up another dudes ass.

Panamark
02-21-2004, 03:17 AM
Dont forget, we bite nuts too !!

Panamark
02-21-2004, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by Little Texan
Sounds like a flaming faggot to me. Only a queer would stick his finger up another dudes ass.

Better let your doc know that when you get the old prostate checked out ! (ahem, cough !)


This guy was a big black bugga too ! I guess he thought the evidence wouldnt show after the game ! hahahah

Little Texan
02-21-2004, 05:56 AM
I'd rather die from Prostate Cancer than let some doctor stick his finger up my ass! This ass is EXIT ONLY. I'll amend my previous post to say that any dude that isn't a doctor that sticks his fingers up other dudes' asses for a living is a certified booty bandit.

Panamark
02-21-2004, 06:18 AM
Still looking for the video, just been reading up about Hopoate and apparently he is going to play again ! Lookout Rugby players.

This guy is not Australian by the way, he is a New Zealander and actually a Mormon.

Anyhoo, I did find a picture of the incident..

Igosplut
02-21-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Dont forget, we bite nuts too !!

You said "WE" all too enthusiastically for me mark.....

Dont worry Dr Love,They have blood tests for prostate checks now.....

DLR7884
02-21-2004, 02:36 PM
Wrestlers often practice this bizarre defense mechanism as well.

I believe they call it "checking the oil."

DLR7884
So now cauliflower ear and oil checking are 2 reasons I never wrestled.

Hecubus
02-21-2004, 04:00 PM
FUCK!!! THAT'S PLAIN WRONG.

I read something like this a few years back...same scenario, different guy, but he was far worse...like a major repeat offender his entire career....

Anything for a 'point' I guess....

Sarge
02-21-2004, 04:42 PM
maybe he was checking his colon?

Sarge
02-21-2004, 04:47 PM
Well if I am going to get my colon checked at least give me some liquor and a steak dinner..
Just don't tackle me and shove the fingers up the ass..

Panamark
02-21-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Igosplut
You said "WE" all too enthusiastically for me mark.....



Actually I was trying to dig up the story on the testicle biter too. I can remember what he (the biter) said in his defence.
"I was pinned down, couldnt move and couldnt breathe, as I couldnt
move my arms and legs I instinctively bit the object that was suffocating me".

Turns out that "bit" was the dudes gonads that was sitting on his
head. It worked ! the guy got off his head and he could breathe again.
I can actually see how this one was more an accident, but the finger up the arse is very hard to explain.


*Update to Ass Fingerer*

Since I made that post about him being a New Zealander, somebody told me he is actually Tongan. For the record he is married with six kids, and as I said is apparently a devout Mormon ???

Panamark
02-21-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Hecubus
FUCK!!! THAT'S PLAIN WRONG.

I read something like this a few years back...same scenario, different guy, but he was far worse...like a major repeat offender his entire career....

Anything for a 'point' I guess....

Hec, I think its the same guy, it happened about two years ago, and when it went to court there was at least three guys who had "copped the finger"

Sarge should change the subject name, the guy is from Tonga. He's not Australian. But as Dave once said, "Who am I to get in the way of a good story"

alexpgrimes
02-21-2004, 05:55 PM
Always suspected that soccer and rugby were gay. Now here's the proof.

Viking
02-22-2004, 01:52 AM
I knew you Aussies were rough-and-tumble types, but oiling up your Dirty Sanchez brushes in a sporting match? I know that 'Australian rules' football basically means 'no rules at all', but c'mon, guys! Unless you two are about to get married, you simply don't go there. LMFAO :D :D :D

Panamark
02-22-2004, 05:51 AM
Well Fuck you all !

I went to a pre-season game today, watched my Beloved Carlton beat Sydney by 102 points. Happy to report no butt fingering involved. Had a farken great day, after seeing my team finally come good after two years in the wildnerness, there was also a rather buxom young lass sitting in front of me that was doing her best to unleash her breasts, everytime the ball came near us. Add about eight beers, and today scored a 10+ on the woody scale !!

Once again, Fuck you all :)

NE169
02-23-2004, 12:28 AM
Fuck--this is funnier than shit!!!!

This reminds me of the South Park episode where thry do a take-off of the Crocodile Hunter, where he jams his thumb up animals' asses to "realllly piss 'em off!!":ky: :baaa: :moon:

Hecubus
02-23-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Hec, I think its the same guy, it happened about two years ago, and when it went to court there was at least three guys who had "copped the finger"

Sarge should change the subject name, the guy is from Tonga. He's not Australian. But as Dave once said, "Who am I to get in the way of a good story"

Still gives new meaning to the term "Down Under" doesn't it, mate?

Seshmeister
02-23-2004, 01:28 AM
The most surprising thing about this thread is Sarge adding 'during rugby games' to the end of the title...

DlocRoth
02-23-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Sarge
http://www.sportal.com.au/league.asp?i=news&id=9703

The most vile act ever!
Sportal



Controversial Wests Tigers winger John Hopoate has been suspended for 12 weeks after being found guilty by the NRL Judiciary of poking his fingers up the anuses of three North Queensland players.

Accused of one of the most bizarre charges in the history of rugby league, or sport in general for that matter of fact, Hopoate was officially found guilty of 'unsportsmanlike interference'.


On the evidence of video footage and the damning testimony from the three Cowboys players, Hopoate was always likely to be found guilty. The length of his sentence seen as the only contentious matter.

In the end the NRL Judiciary had little trouble differentiating between a "wedgie", a "finger up the arse" and the area between the "arse and the nuts" before finding Hopoate guilty.

NRL judiciary commissioner Jim Hall described Hopoate's case as the worst he had experienced in his 45-year involvement in rugby league.

"I've never come across a more disgusting allegation than I've had to deal with now," he said.

Hopoate, 27, was found guilty on three separate counts of deliberately sticking his fingers up the anuses of Peter Jones, Paul Bowman and Glenn Morrison in Saturday night's match at Dairy Farmers Stadium.

Hopoate, a former Australian Test winger, insisted he was merely trying to give Jones and Morrison a wedgie in order to perform a quick play-the-ball and that he did not stick his finger up Bowman's anus.

Asked by his consel Bernie Gross QC where he was directing his finger at Bowman, the Cowboys captain, Hopoate replied: "Between his arse and his nuts".

Hopoate maintained he did nothing wrong in administering the wedgies and went on to say: "I'm a great believer in what happens on the field should stay there."

Asked to describe what a wedgie felt like, the Tigers winger replied: "You get a burning sensation. Your undies are getting reefed up your arse."

Hopoate's defence counsel contended to Jones that his client had merely administered a "wedgie" on the Cowboy in the seventh minute of the match.

"It wasn't a wedgie. That's when your pants are pulled up your arse. I think I know the difference between a wedgie and someone sticking their finger up my bum," said Jones, admitting that while both acts caused discomfort, they caused different sensations and he could differentiate between the two.

Jones claimed he hadn't provoked Hopoate and that afterwards he immediately expressed his "disgust" and gave the Tongan international a push.

Bowman said after tackling Hopoate in the 17th minute, he stood over the winger and "that's when I felt fingers outside my shorts pushing up my arse".

"There was pressure there. I know he wasn't doing it accidentally. He was definitely pushing.

"I was disgusted. I couldn't believe it. I know it's a tough game, but there's no room for that."

Gross argued that Bowman had been excessive in trying to slow Hopoate from playing the ball by grabbing the North Queensland captain's leg.

But Bowman maintained that "if he (Hopoate) was a man, he wouldn't do that".

When pressed by Gross, Bowman became angry and asked the QC: "If I held your leg, would that give you the right to put your finger up my arse?"

Morrison testified he was caused pain by Hopoate's action.

"Hopoate was trying to pick my arse. It's not a thing that I wanted to happen and it's not a pleasant thing," Morrison said.

Tigers coach Terry Lamb, who has played 349 first grade games, said it was resonably common to be touched in the region of the testicles.

In directing the panel before making a verdict, NRL judiciary chairman Greg Woods told the former players not be swayed by their "feeling of revulsion or distaste".

Gross pre-empted a guilty verdict would cause Hopoate "disgrace and embarrassment".

After the hearing, Wests Tigers chairman John Chalk said the club would appeal against the ruling.

The hearing also made headlines in London.

Under the headline "The sickest thing in sport? RL star is accused of going up and under with fingers", tabloid newspaper The Mirror compared the allegations against the rugby league player with boxer Mike Tyson biting Evander Holyfield's ear.

"There was Vinnie Jones's infamous grab at Paul Gascoigne. Mike Tyson got in on the act by biting a chunk out of Evander Holyfield's ear. But sport can rarely have had such a bizarre charge as that levelled at rugby league hard man John Hopoate," the paper said.

"The Wests Tigers star has been cited for "conduct unbecoming" after allegedly persistently sticking his fingers up opponents' backsides while making tackles."

Liberal broadsheet The Guardian also reported the claims.

John Hopoate's judiciary wrap:

Date: 13/3/98
Match: Manly v Brisbane at ANZ Stadium
Charge: Contrary conduct (Dissent), sent off during match
Plea: Not guilty
Finding: Guilty
Suspension: Two matches

Date: 9/6/00
Match: Wests Tigers v St George Illawarra at Campbelltown Stadium
Charge: Grade two contrary conduct, sent off during match
Plea: Not Guilty
Finding: Guilty
Suspension: Two matches

Date: 29/7/00
Match: Wests Tigers v Melbourne at Leichhardt Oval
Charge: Misconduct - 10 incidents referred to judiciary
Finding: Guilty on four counts
Suspension: Three matches

Date: 26/3/01
Match: Wests Tigers v North Queensland at Dairy Farmers Stadium
Charge: Grade one striking
Plea: Guilty
Suspension: No ban, points penalty only

Date: 26/3/01
Match: Wests Tigers v North Queensland at Dairy Farmers Stadium
Charge: Three of conduct contrary to true spirit of the game - referred to judiciary.
Plea: Referred to judiciary
Suspension: Twelve matches

Sarge
05-25-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
The most surprising thing about this thread is Sarge adding 'during rugby games' to the end of the title...


Hahaha

Dan
05-25-2004, 05:07 AM
Ashamed to say it but John Hopoate played league in New Zealand for a few years,was always getting in the "shit" over his bad tackles.But now he is in Australia they can have him now.

Panamark
05-25-2004, 08:45 AM
We are very concious about prostate health !