PDA

View Full Version : Williams Reportedly Stops Smoking Marijuana

ALinChainz
03-19-2005, 10:38 PM
Dolphins | - from www.KFFL.com
Sat, 19 Mar 2005 08:23:35 -0800

Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports retired Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams has stopped avoiding calls from Dolphins head coach Nick Saban and spoke with the team's new head coach last week. Williams said he stopped smoking marijuana more than a month ago. He is expected to end his legal battle with the Dolphins over an $8.6 million judgment the team has against him over a breach of contract. Whether or not this means Williams is considering a comeback remains speculative at best. However, several people close to him believe that may be the case. Saban has left the door open for Williams to return since becoming the team's new head coach in January.

ALinChainz
03-19-2005, 10:50 PM
Dolphins: Williams talks to Saban

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Sunday, March 20, 2005

News
The Ricky Williams rumors are heating up again. The Miami Herald reports the former running back spoke with Dolphins' head coach Nick Saban by phone last week after avoiding his calls for weeks. Williams says he has quit using marijuana and Saban left open the possibility of Ricky returning if he brought "value" to the team.

Views
Now that they have actually been in contact, this could get kind of interesting. The Dolphins probably want to have some sort of answer, one way or another, on the Williams issue before next month's draft. Stay tuned for more on the Ricky saga.

Warham
03-19-2005, 11:01 PM
Who the hell would want to play with the guy after what he did?

ALinChainz
03-19-2005, 11:05 PM
With such a high draft pick, and almost their pick of anyone, they really need to know where this dipshit is, they'd probably go QB or WR at #2 with Williams back.

Saban will try and make it happen with the rest of the team.

blueturk
03-20-2005, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Warham
Who the hell would want to play with the guy after what he did?

I'd think the attitude in the locker room towards Williams would be chilly at best. Probably closer to arctic.

ALinChainz
03-20-2005, 08:23 PM
With free agency anymore, and especially the rubuilding stage the Fins are in, there won't be as many left from that team as there would have been last season, along with a new coach.

But there will be enough holdovers to make for a very uncomfortable situation.

Nitro Express
03-20-2005, 08:34 PM
I used to work in an ER. I saw all sorts of carnage as a result of alcohol. Hell, the police would drag in two drunks who tried to kill each other and they would start going at it in the ER. We had syringes at the ready to put down such bullshit.

I never once saw anything bad related to pot smoking. No pot heads in the ER. You can buy alcohol at your local grocerie store. You can get arrested for having pot. Go figure. Society is so fucking stupid.