PDA

View Full Version : Pink Floyd

Soul Reaper
03-20-2005, 06:36 AM
I just started to listen to them again and one word to describe them is AMAZING!

Dave Gilmour is one of the best guitarists I've ever heard. After all the shredders and widdlers I've heard. He plays so simply, yet every note counts more than all of the fast sweep-picked runs of the many shredders.

Dark Side Of The Moon has some of the best guitar playing I've ever heard.

Soul Reaper
03-20-2005, 06:37 AM
http://lacyroad.typepad.com/lacy_road/floyd.jpg

Soul Reaper
03-20-2005, 06:38 AM
http://user.it.uu.se/~tome3193/dave.jpg

Soul Reaper
03-20-2005, 06:39 AM
http://www.pinkfloydonline.com/pictures/gallery2/pf19.jpg

Soul Reaper
03-20-2005, 06:42 AM
http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/images/news/2005/tapfs/lrg/3.jpg

Soul Reaper
03-20-2005, 06:42 AM
http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/images/news/2005/tapfs/lrg/4.jpg

Cato
03-20-2005, 08:33 AM
my fave is the side B of Meddle.

Jérôme Frenchise
03-20-2005, 10:38 AM
Mine is A side of "Atom Heart Mother".

Shaun Ponsonby
03-20-2005, 11:48 AM
Those 2 live pictures wern't Pink Floyd, you know.
It's the Australian Pink Floyd.

Pink Floyd are actually the biggest selling band of all time (album sales + conert tickets sales). The top 5 are;

1) Pink Floyd
2) Led Zeppelin
3) Rolling Stones
4) U2
5) Queen

Suprisingly, The Beatles only came in at number 8, although if you looked at it on a "sales:number of albums" ratio, you'll probably find that Beatles come in first.

Pink Floyd were magic. If we ever see another album, the world of Classic Rock won't know what has hit them.

Atomic_Rob
03-20-2005, 12:29 PM
Not a fan of Pink Floyd but fuckin hell did they put on killer shows. Weren't they the first band to use quadraphonic sound?

The lighting shows they had were un-fuckin-believable. They released a live show I believe it was with a flashing red bulb on the spine? The pictures from that are beautiful.

Shaun Ponsonby
03-20-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Atomic_Rob

The lighting shows they had were un-fuckin-believable. They released a live show I believe it was with a flashing red bulb on the spine? The pictures from that are beautiful.

Ah, yes, the 'P.U.L.S.E.' CD special edition. Highlights from the 'Division Bell' tour 94-95.

Reverberator
03-20-2005, 02:24 PM
Animals and Wish you were here are my faves .

Matt White
03-20-2005, 02:32 PM
Meddle is my Fav!!!

loss of fools
03-20-2005, 04:17 PM
sorry but they just dont do it for me

Atomic_Rob
03-20-2005, 06:01 PM
I've seen a video of them live at Earls Court doing the wall. Brilliant visual show but just wasnt diggin the music.

Pink Floyd deserve respect for there stage show, from all music fans

Cockney Cant
03-20-2005, 06:24 PM
Fack orf .

Reverberator
03-20-2005, 07:22 PM
You are getting tedious .

Shaun Ponsonby
03-21-2005, 05:48 AM
I've seen a video of them live at Earls Court doing the wall. Brilliant visual show but just wasnt diggin the music.

Pink Floyd deserve respect for there stage show, from all music fans

Is that "The Wall-Live"? Because the 'P.U.L.S.E.' video is better than that. Fan-fucking-brilliant. You see, I'm not too keen on 'The Wall'-it's a bit depressing. There are some good tracks on there, though. Like 'Run Like Hell', 'Comfortably Numb' (recently murdered by The Scissor Sisters) and 'Hey You', but on the whole, I don't like it. Actually, Gilmour has almost finished mixing 'P.U.L.S.E.' for DVD. Great show, particuarly the pigs and giant mirrorball.

Now, 'Dark Side...' is much better. And they perform all of it on 'P.U.L.S.E.'. 'Dark Side...' is one of the very few albums that still sound futuristic over 30 years later. I still go "wow!" at the end of it.

Atomic_Rob
03-21-2005, 10:00 AM
I have no idea, my old guitar teacher taped it off the TV I think.

Is the live in Pompei DVD any good?

Diver Down NJ
03-21-2005, 10:29 AM
The Pompeii DVD kicks major ass. The live clips are great, but even better are the clips of Floyd in the process of recording Dark Side of the Moon!

Shaun Ponsonby
03-21-2005, 11:01 AM
There is no stage show, though. It is literally just Pink Floyd playing at dusk in a hot coliseum in Pompeii. There is no audience, no stage, no lights, nothing. Just Pink Floyd playing live. So, if you don't like Pink Floyd, you won't like the DVD, because there is nothing for someone who just likes Pink Floyd's stage show. So, you probably won't like it, Rob.

Actually, Diver Down NJ, I'll give you a bit of trivia about the 'Making of Dark Side...' segments. There was an interview with David Gilmour on BBC radio a year or 2 ago, it was an hour special. I think it was to coincide with the DSOTM 30th anniversary edition, but in that interview he said that the clips of them recording Dark Side... were fake. They had already finished the album, but the director of the film (Adrian Maben) wanted footage of them in the studio, so they went in the studio and just played along to the already finished tracks, and maybe every now and then say something like "it's too loud", or something like that to make it seem like they were recording the album.

Atomic_Rob
03-21-2005, 11:29 AM
Shaun have you seen the Floyd tribute band Perfect Alibi? They tour the UK all the time

Soul Reaper
03-21-2005, 02:21 PM
I saw a live tape with a model aeroplane crashing into the stage.

I don't know which show it was, it was cool, though.

Diver Down NJ
03-21-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby

Actually, Diver Down NJ, I'll give you a bit of trivia about the 'Making of Dark Side...' segments. There was an interview with David Gilmour on BBC radio a year or 2 ago, it was an hour special. I think it was to coincide with the DSOTM 30th anniversary edition, but in that interview he said that the clips of them recording Dark Side... were fake. They had already finished the album, but the director of the film (Adrian Maben) wanted footage of them in the studio, so they went in the studio and just played along to the already finished tracks, and maybe every now and then say something like "it's too loud", or something like that to make it seem like they were recording the album. [/B]

Too funny! Ah well, they're still fun to watch. :D

Big Troubles
03-21-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
I just started to listen to them again and one word to describe them is AMAZING!

Dave Gilmour is one of the best guitarists I've ever heard. After all the shredders and widdlers I've heard. He plays so simply, yet every note counts more than all of the fast sweep-picked runs of the many shredders.

Dark Side Of The Moon has some of the best guitar playing I've ever heard.

shit, Im prob ignorant here, but Ive never liked them. I didn't get the music, the movie or the hype? "Two lost souls, swimming in a fish bowl, year after year" WTF is that? What am i missing? Im not knocking it, I just never got it. My sister loves them...

was all the music they did, just drug induced?

Shaun Ponsonby
03-22-2005, 09:09 AM

That would have been either P.U.L.S.E.
OR Delicate Sound of Thunder during 'On The Run'. But DSOT is quite rare (but, I have them both). Because they are very proctective of their work, they don;t release that many spin-offs.

And, in answer to Atomic Rob's question, no. But, I'm going to get tikckets for the

Shaun Ponsonby
03-22-2005, 09:09 AM

OR Delicate Sound of Thunder during 'On The Run'. But DSOT is quite rare (but, I have them both). Because they are very proctective of their work, they don;t release that many spin-offs.

And, in answer to Atomic Rob's question, no. But, I'm going to get tikckets for the Australian

Shaun Ponsonby
03-22-2005, 09:10 AM

And, in answer to Atomic Rob's question, no. But, I'm going to get tikckets for the Australian Pink Floyd this week.

Roguesgirl
03-22-2005, 10:01 AM
Not a fan of Pink Floyd but fuckin hell did they put on killer shows. Weren't they the first band to use quadraphonic sound?

I had the amazing experience of front row at a Floyd show. The lights, the sound, the special effects made it all around awesome entertainment.

This was cool...When they were doing tunes from the Wall and the loud helicopter sounds started and everyones hair starting blowing around and we all looked up expecting to see a helicoptor over head but instead we saw the big Floyd blimp. :cool:

Bob_R
03-22-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Roguesgirl
I had the amazing experience of front row at a Floyd show. The lights, the sound, the special effects made it all around awesome entertainment.

This was cool...When they were doing tunes from the Wall and the loud helicopter sounds started and everyones hair starting blowing around and we all looked up expecting to see a helicoptor over head but instead we saw the big Floyd blimp. :cool:

You are one cool chick! :)

Atomic_Rob
03-23-2005, 01:22 PM
The album cover with the guy wearing light bulbs is cool. Something about Silence?

Does anyone have any pictures of the chrisamnthem? I don't think I can spell it. My old man told me that it came out from the middle of the stage and was a huge ball of lights?

Shaun Ponsonby
03-23-2005, 04:22 PM
Why did I post that message 3 times?

Diver Down NJ
03-23-2005, 07:29 PM
The album cover with the guy wearing light bulbs is cool. Something about Silence?

Delicate Sound of Thunder. It's a live album.