PDA

View Full Version : ya know..i try not to be prejudice....

Fairwrning
03-21-2005, 09:15 AM
March 20, 2005
Charges pending after skating rink fights, disturbance

What happened at the Star City Roller Rink

Roanoke County police say charges are pending after Saturday's night's disturbance and series of fights inside and outside a roller rink.

Police were called out to Star City Skate and Play just after 11:00 p.m. Saturday. Witnesses say they had been attending a teen skating party when a fight broke out. At that point, they say, the rink DJ could not stop it, so police were called, but police had difficulty stopping the disturbances that followed.

Roanoke County Police say the crowd totaled more than 400 children and teens. Two police officers were assaulted and received minor injuries.

These were mainly high school kids that were 99% black..why is it that you can put 1000 white teenagers together and not have problems..but you put 400 black kids in a room and the cops have to be called because of the fights..:confused:

Fairwrning
03-21-2005, 09:17 AM
March 20, 2005
Some parents question city police conduct at rink

Some parents critical of city police conduct at rink

Some parents of children present at the Star City Skate rink disturbance say Roanoke city police may have made the situation worse with the use of foul language, pepper spray and dogs. Parents we spoke also say city police were rude and not helpful in answering questions. Roanoke police were there to assist Roanoke County officers.

These concerned parents will hold a community meeting on Wednesday night at the Lincoln Terrace Community room at 6:00.

Roanoke city officials told News 7 they are unable to comment on the parents' concerns. However, they say complaints should be made to the Police Chief.

why am i not surprised...here comes the NAACP...god forbid that our black kids started a fight that destroyed property..it had to have been somebody else's fault...:rolleyes:

Fairwrning
03-21-2005, 09:20 AM
http://wdbj7.com/

buckshotjenkins
03-21-2005, 11:55 PM
i used to live in roanoke (and i really miss it) and i was the only white dude working at a pizza shop with about 7 or 8 black folks...and they were all genuinely great people. never had nothing but laughs and good times. sometimes shit gets out of hand at late night gatherings. the idiots that caused the trouble are just that, but i never had any problems or even any worries with my time down there!

Fairwrning
03-22-2005, 07:34 AM
well..bottom line to this is the skating rink is gonna be done..who would send their kid to the place now??
and the fuckers that started this incident are now trying to figure out how to get money from the city...

Fairwrning
03-22-2005, 08:57 PM
March 21, 2005
Some say police overreacted to skating rink fight
Qwanesha Morris says her arm was injured by a police officer's baton.

A Roanoke woman says she was the victim of excessive police force. 20-year-old Qwanesha Morris was one of 600 people attending a skating party in Roanoke County Saturday night, when several fights broke out. Morris says she suffered a fractured elbow, when an officer trying to control the crowd accidentally hit her with his baton.

Roanoke County authorities are investigating, but say it appears their officers handled the situation properly. "The decision to use force can't be based on the decision of age and whether they're kids or adults," according to Assistant County Police Chief Donna Furrow. "It's based on the force that's being used on the officer." Two police officers were also injured but did not need medical treatment. Charges are now pending against three people, two juveniles and one adult. In the meantime, some of the parents have organized a community meeting this Wednesday night to discuss the incident.

can't let this go..this chick is 20 yrs old and hanging at an all-night skate..hmmm..at what point do you realize that the cop is swinging the baton??
is it the first swing that got your elbow? a backswing??
or was this chick part of the problem ??

PenguinsKID1986
03-22-2005, 09:14 PM
I work in Roanoke , Haven't heard about this. I'll talk to the brothers at work tomorrow and see what they say. I try not to be prejudice but the brothers stick together.

Fairwrning
03-22-2005, 09:18 PM
well man..if ya don't know these brothers well..tread lightly..

work in Roanoke..wild shit..welcome to the army..

PenguinsKID1986
03-22-2005, 09:30 PM
Thanks, they be cool but like I said, they do stick together.

UNCLAX72
03-22-2005, 09:45 PM
shit there is a roller rink in roanoke
fuckin awesome!!!
gotta go there next time i got to lexington

Nitro Express
03-23-2005, 01:41 AM
Some of the smartest well behaved people I know are black. With that being said, some of the stupidest, lazy, corrupt people I know are black. Certain blacks will blame poverty but there's people who come out of the poor nieghborhoods who are good people who work hard and become assets to society instead of a hindrance.

I think one reason Blacks seem to have a problem is a weak family structure. Heck, many kids in black gangs don't even know who their father is, their mom might be messed up. Many are raised by a grandmother or an aunt. They don't seem to have much of a family structure and there's disfunction at the junction.

With that said, the opportunities for blacks have never been better. It's amazing how many just continue to do shitty in school and seem to be proud of their ignorance, hate, and poverty. I'm glad Bill Cosby is calling many of these no good black people out for what they really are. Trash.

With that being said, it's also good to see many successful, well mannered blacks who hate gangsta rap as much as I do and who will continue to make money in honorable proffessions after Snoop Dog and P-Diddy become the has beens who burned through their millions just like Mc Hammer did.

PenguinsKID1986
03-23-2005, 09:39 PM
I talked to my friends at work, they told me it was some hoodlums. I asked about the police, they said you got to do that shit when there are that many people involved. They saw no problem with what the cops did. They no the girl suing they said she was cool, didn't no the whole story so? thats it from Roanoke Va.