PDA

View Full Version : 'playgirl' Editor Fired After Outing Self As Republican

Ally_Kat
03-21-2005, 04:03 PM
'PLAYGIRL' EDITOR FIRED AFTER OUTING SELF AS REPUBLICAN
Mon Mar 21 2005 10:09:48 ET

**Exclusive**

PLAYGIRL editor-in-chief Michele Zipp has been stripped of her duties after she revealed how she voted Republican in the 2004 election.

Zipp, in an e-mail, claims she was fired after an onslaught of liberal backlash.

"Hello Drudge,

"After your coverage of my article about coming out and voting Republican, I did receive many letters of support from fellow Republican voters, but it was not without repercussions. Criticism from the liberal left ensued. A few days after the onslaught of liberal backlash, I was released from my duties at Playgirl magazine.

"After underlings expressed their disinterest of working for an outed Republican editor, I have a strong suspicion that my position was no longer valued by Playgirl executives. I also received a phone call from a leading official from Playgirl magazine, in which he stated with a laugh, "I wouldn't have hired you if I knew you were a Republican.

"I just wanted to let you know of the fear the liberal left has about a woman with power possessing Republican views."

Developing...

fanofdave
03-21-2005, 04:09 PM
i guess that'll be the first question asked of
potential models from now on before they're
asked to pose.

"Hey, nice ass and cock you got there..."

"Thanks"

"Before we begin shooting, would you mind telling
us your preference: red states or blue states?:

kentuckyklira
03-21-2005, 05:38 PM
GOOD,

stupidity deserves punishment!

God
03-21-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira
GOOD,

stupidity deserves punishment!

Which is correct, my son. I just can't decide on which route to go with you.

FORD
03-21-2005, 07:37 PM
Lord.....

I usually don't pray for this sort of thing. But would a lightning bolt aimed right at Tom DeLay's ass be too much to ask?:angel:

steve
03-21-2005, 11:42 PM
Wow... a magazine that primarily showcases BIG DICKS isn't the freaking FOUNTAINHEAD of journalistic integrity. Big surprise. :D

Matt Drudge, you sourceless wonder...YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN! Who needs jounalism?

Elsewhere, a "Weekly World News Editor" has been ousted for writing a story NOT about Laura Bush "Birthing Alien...To Fill the Vacant Spot on the Supreme Court!"

The Justice Department is investigating the newspaper... the major link between truth, justice, and photos of Saddam with a satalite dish growing out of his butt.

steve
03-21-2005, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
..."Criticism from the liberal left ensued."...
"I just wanted to let you know of the fear the liberal left has about a woman with power possessing Republican views."

Developing...

Gotta hate that liberal left, and walking feet...or driving cars, or drinkable beverage.

Wait a sec...is it possible she was fired because she is a poor writer? No...that couldn't be the case.

Ally_Kat
03-22-2005, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by steve

Wait a sec...is it possible she was fired because she is a poor writer? No...that couldn't be the case.

First -- you don't get to be editor-in-chief by being a poor writer.

Second -- if she sucked at writing, why was she editor for so long then and not fired BEFORE it came out that she was conservative?

Discrimination like that at work is wrong. Law suit time.

monkeythe
03-22-2005, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by steve

I've never read the magazine but I don't think the readership buys it for the articles. MAybe we need some members of the sheep pen to comment on this as I'm sure they are familiar with this magazine.

Nickdfresh
03-22-2005, 04:06 AM

Second -- if she sucked at writing, why was she editor for so long then and not fired BEFORE it came out that she was conservative?

Uhh no, the article doesn't state clearly whether she was fired or she quit! Matt Drudge wrote it, so we have to watch the semantics closely. I thought 'Conservatives" were against frivolous lawsuits.

Nickdfresh
03-22-2005, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by monkeythe
I've never read the magazine but I don't think the readership buys it for the articles. MAybe we need some members of the sheep pen to comment on this as I'm sure they are familiar with this magazine.

Yeah, after appearing as a centerfold numerous times, I know the ins and outs of PLAYGIRL. They did a special commemorative "men of the SHEEP PEN" edition.

Nickdfresh
03-22-2005, 06:09 AM
http://www.wonkette.com/politics/zipp.jpg
Not bad! I'd show her my meat, even if she is a little right-wing vampire. She sounds like a complete dolt though!

Playgirl Editor Not Ashamed

The editor of Playgirl has come "out" as a Republican. Since being the editor of Playgirl is way more embarrassing, we're not sure what the big deal is. Anyhow, we were interested in her take on ideology in the bedroom: "The Democrats of the Sixties were all about making love and not war while a war-loving Republican is a man who would fight, bleed, sacrifice, and die for his country. Could you imagine what that very same man would do for his wife in the bedroom?" Gee, great question. Plant a flag in her head? Frag her?

Linky (http://www.wonkette.com/politics/media/playgirl-editor-not-ashamed-035312.php)

Nickdfresh
03-22-2005, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by monkeythe

BTW, I know you didn't "read the magazine" since you were busy gawking at the pic's.

FORD
03-22-2005, 08:19 AM
I don't believe anyone should be fired from a job on the basis of political orientation (been there, done that, burned the t-shirt) but given the current right wing purge against "indecency" it's not difficult to understand why the publishers might be suspicious of a Republican within their ranks. For one thing, it's an open secret that "Playgirl" markets as much to gay men as they do to women, and that's also a big no-no in right wing land.

steve
03-22-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by FORD
I don't believe anyone should be fired from a job on the basis of political orientation (been there, done that, burned the t-shirt) but given the current right wing purge against "indecency" it's not difficult to understand why the publishers might be suspicious of a Republican within their ranks. For one thing, it's an open secret that "Playgirl" markets as much to gay men as they do to women, and that's also a big no-no in right wing land.

Good point about it being marketed to gay guys. Being that the Repblican Party currently has a witch hunt out on them, it makes ya think.

That's sort of like...if you were running a Synagogue, and the Rabbi outs himself as a Neo-Nazi. I mean, what the hell do you do?

It could have been she was fired because the gay guys running it were particuarly sensitive...it could have been she was a poor writer, as her letter to Drudge showed. It could have been a combination of things. It POSSIBLY could have been poor reporting on Durdge's part (NOT POSSIBLE!). Who the hell knows.

I'd let her ride my Bang Bus, though...tis fo' sho!.

Guitar Shark
03-22-2005, 08:21 PM

LOL @ assuming that the editor-in-chief of PLAYGIRL must be a good writer. :D It's Playgirl for Chrissakes. ;)

A person's political ideology is not a "protected class," at least not that I'm aware of. So unless things are different in her state, she won't have a claim.

Ally_Kat
03-22-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Uhh no, the article doesn't state clearly whether she was fired or she quit! Matt Drudge wrote it, so we have to watch the semantics closely. I thought 'Conservatives" were against frivolous lawsuits.

She states that she was "released" of her duties. Doesn't sound like she quit.

Besides, it was big talk with the professors today. She was fired and her assistant quit.

I don't think it would be a frivolous lawsuit. I think political affiliation is a pretty fucked up reason for firing anyone. How you do your job doesn't have anything to do with who you vote for.

Ally_Kat
03-22-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
LOL @ assuming that the editor-in-chief of PLAYGIRL must be a good writer. :D It's Playgirl for Chrissakes. ;)

Have you ever had an editing job? Wasn't something I could brush off as nothing.

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
A person's political ideology is not a "protected class," at least not that I'm aware of. So unless things are different in her state, she won't have a claim.

Really? I was told a year back that if you got fired for religion or political affiliation that you could press charges.

Guitar Shark
03-22-2005, 09:39 PM
Religion maybe, but not political affiliation.