PDA

View Full Version : A Local Urban Legend

Nickdfresh
03-21-2005, 07:14 PM
I have heard this urban legend from two unrelated sources, the primary one being a friend that I have since lost touch with since I left the Army Reserve, and again heard it some years later.

Legend has it that in the suburban area directly north of Buffalo, NY, Kenmore or North Tonawanda, a wedding ceremony took place. The bridegroom cried as he read his vows to his new bride, and she in turn was so touched that she too wept before they kissed.

A rockin' reception was then attended at a posh hotel banquet area, and by all accounts started off as rollicking. After some dancing and some drinks, the wedding party assembled at the head table. The Best Man stood up and gave a touching tribute to the lasting love of his mutual friends, both the Bride and Groom. The Groom stood up, smiling and relishing the moment.

The Groom raised his glass, and said, "I would like to propose a toast both my wife and my best man, WHO'VE BEEN FUCKING EACH OTHER FOR OVER A YEAR!"

The lights then darkened, and a slide presentation showing photos, taken by a private detective, of the two in the various positions, having an affair and going to town in different hotel rooms.

At the end of the show, the Groom got up with his family and walked out, and later had the marriage annulled. Has anyone else heard a similiar story?

The Fonz
03-21-2005, 07:48 PM
The Fonz heard a similar variation to that story; except that instead of a slide presentation; the groom had taped an envelope under each seat in the reception hall and each envelope contained pictures of the bride getting nailed by the best man.

academic punk
03-21-2005, 07:50 PM
The version I'm famiiar with is the groom getting up to make his speech and requesting his bride's parents to check under their seats for a very special gift from the groom to them for raising such a special girl.

They open it and sure enough it's pics of the bride and best man doing it doggy-style.

Complete urban legend.

Nickdfresh
03-21-2005, 08:00 PM
Hmmm...I thought there might be something to this one, but I guess it's another load of BS.

Northern Girl
03-21-2005, 08:09 PM
Yeah, I'm still trying to get those damn photos back. :mad:

vanzilla
03-21-2005, 08:18 PM
You can see if any urban legend is fact or fiction at

www.snopes.com

Some interesting reads.

academic punk
03-21-2005, 09:47 PM
What was the one...the darwin awards? I always thought those were pretty funny.

LoungeMachine
03-21-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
What was the one...the darwin awards? I always thought those were pretty funny.

Hosted by Joey Thunder and Katydid:D