PDA

View Full Version : Another killing!

Jano
03-22-2005, 01:08 AM
The Us really need to do something about the guns,stop the massacrer.Look what happen in minessota again! Don't you have enough of thoses crime?

Nickdfresh
03-22-2005, 04:51 AM
I didn't realize how bad this was, I guess it's now the worst school shooting since Columbine.

12:19 AM PST, March 22, 2005

10 Die in Minn. Student's Shooting Rampage

By JOSHUA FREED, Associated Press Writer

BEMIDJI, Minn. — A high school student went on a shooting rampage on an Indian reservation Monday, killing his grandparents at their home and then seven people at his school, grinning and waving as he fired, authorities and witnesses said. The suspect apparently killed himself after exchanging gunfire with police.

It was the nation's worst school shooting since the Columbine massacre in 1999 that killed 13 people.

One student said her classmates pleaded with the gunman to stop shooting.

"You could hear a girl saying, 'No, Jeff, quit, quit. Leave me alone. What are you doing?" student Sondra Hegstrom told The Pioneer of Bemidji, using the name of the suspected shooter.

Before the shootings at Red Lake High School, the suspect's grandparents were shot in their home and died later. There was no immediate indication of the gunman's motive.

Authorities didn't identify the gunman, but a few media outlets identified him as Jeff Weise, citing students and tribal leaders. Accounts of Weise's age varied from 15 to 17, as did whether he was a current student at the school.

Relatives told the St. Paul Pioneer Press that Weise was a loner who usually wore black and was teased by other kids. Relatives told the newspaper his father committed suicide four years ago, and that his mother was living in a Minneapolis nursing home because she suffered brain injuries in a car accident.

In addition to the shooter, the death toll at the school included five students, a teacher and a security guard, FBI spokesman Paul McCabe said in Minneapolis. Among the dead was Neva Rogers, 62, a teacher at the school for five or six years, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported.

Fourteen to 15 other students were injured, McCabe said. Some were being cared for in Bemidji, about 20 miles south of Red Lake. Authorities closed roads to the reservation in far northern Minnesota while they investigated the shootings.

Hegstrom described the shooter grinning and waving at a student his gun was pointed at, then swiveling to shoot someone else. "I looked him in the eye and ran in the room, and that's when I hid," she told The Pioneer.

McCabe declined to talk about a possible connection between the suspect and the couple killed at the home, but Red Lake Fire Director Roman Stately said they were the grandparents of the gunman. He identified the shooter's grandfather as Daryl Lussier, a longtime officer with the Red Lake Police Department, and said Lussier's guns may have been used in the shootings.

Stately said the shooter had two handguns and a shotgun.

"After he shot a security guard, he walked down the hallway shooting and went into a classroom where he shot a teacher and more students," Stately told Minneapolis television station KARE.

Students and a teacher, Diane Schwanz, said the gunman tried to break down a door to get into her classroom.

"I just got on the floor and called the cops," Schwanz told the Pioneer. "I was still just half-believing it."

Ashley Morrison, another student, had taken refuge in Schwanz's classroom. With the shooter banging on the door, she dialed her mother on her cell phone. Her mother, Wendy Morrison, said she could hear gunshots on the line.

"'Mom, he's trying to get in here and I'm scared,'" Ashley Morrison told her mother, according to the newspaper.

All of the dead students were found in one room. One of them was a boy believed to be the shooter, McCabe said. He said it was too early to speculate on a motive.

Martha Thunder's 15-year-old son, Cody, was being treated for a gunshot wound to the hip.

"He heard gunshots and the teacher said 'No, that's the janitor's doing something,' and the next thing he knew, the kid walked in there and pointed the gun right at him," Thunder said, standing outside the hospital in Bemidji.

Police officers were posted at the hospital Monday night to discourage reporters from entering. When a reporter approached three men walking across a hospital parking lot, one broke down in tears, and the others said they had no comment.

The school was evacuated after the shootings and locked down for the investigation, McCabe said.

"It will probably take us throughout the night to really put the whole picture together," he said.

Floyd Jourdain Jr., chairman of the Red Lake Chippewa Tribe, called it "without a doubt the darkest hour" in the group's history. "There has been a considerable amount of lives lost, and we still don't know the total of that," Jourdain said.

It was the nation's worst school shooting since two students at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colo., killed 12 students and a teacher and wounded 23 before killing themselves on April 20, 1999.

The rampage in Red Lake was the second fatal school shooting in Minnesota in 18 months. Two students were killed at Rocori High School in Cold Spring in September 2003. Student John Jason McLaughlin, who was 15 at the time, awaits trial in the case.

Red Lake High School, on the Red Lake Indian Reservation, has about 300 students, according to its Web site.

The reservation is about 240 miles north of the Twin Cities. It is home to the Red Lake Chippewa Tribe, one of the poorest in the state. According to the 2000 census, 5,162 people lived on the reservation, and all but 91 were Indians.

* __

Red Lake High School: http://www.paulbunyan.net/rlschools/hs.htm

WACF
03-22-2005, 11:28 AM
Tragic.

kentuckyklira
03-22-2005, 02:29 PM
Interesting hobbies young Americans have!:D

jacksmar
03-22-2005, 04:22 PM
McALLEN, TEXAS -- A coin shop proprietor shot dead a man who had just robbed him at gunpoint during lunch hour Wednesday in downtown McAllen near one of the city's busiest intersections.
The shop's owner, who took responsibility for the shooting death of the robbery suspect in statements to police, was released after several hours of questioning Wednesday afternoon.
Harold Falknor, 64, owner of La Casa Coin Co. at 104 N. 10th Street, told police he shot the 36-year-old Hispanic man in front of the collectibles store at 12:30 p.m., police said.
Falknor was released from police custody about 4 p.m. after making and signing an affidavit about the shooting, police spokesman Mitch Reinitz said.
According to the statement given to police by Falknor, an armed man walked into La Casa Coin and took several items at gunpoint.
Falknor told police he followed the man outside to the parking lot of the store and shot him several times as he tried to flee in a van with license plates from Mexico.
Falknor was still holding a handgun when police arrived at the scene shortly after the shooting, Reinitz said. After relinquishing his weapon to police, the shop owner was detained and taken away for questioning, Reinitz said.
The section of 10th Street in front of the store was blocked from traffic for some two hours afterward as police investigated, snarling the heavy lunch-hour traffic around Business 83 and 10th Street. Although several shots were fired, no other injuries were reported.
The dead man appeared to have been shot through the passenger side of the minivan as he attempted to back out of his parking space, Reinitz said.
He was pronounced dead at the scene by Justice of the Peace Ismael "Melo" Ochoa.
Witnesses at the scene reported hearing five shots, although Reinitz said investigators had not determined how many shots were fired or how many times the dead man had been hit
The suspect appeared to have been shot in the head and neck.
The minivan driven by the suspect carried Mexican license plates from the state of Nuevo Leon, though Reinitz could not confirm that the man was from Mexico. His identity could not be released since investigators found that he was carrying conflicting forms of identification, Reinitz said.
Items found in the minivan led investigators to believe that the dead man did attempt to rob Falknor, Reinitz said, though he could not confirm that he was armed.
Police are still investigating the case, Reinitz said, but Falknor was not charged with any crime Wednesday.
The results of the investigation will be turned over to the Hidalgo County District Attorney, who will present the case to a grand jury, Reinitz said.
LAPORTE, INDIANA -- A LaPorte area woman will not be charged in the death of her estranged husband if an ongoing probe keeps indicating the shooting was self-defense.
"There's nothing that would indicate so far that she has violated any laws," LaPorte County Police Chief of Detectives Dick Buell said.
According to police, Walter Walker, 54, broke into a home his estranged wife was occupying in the 6300 block of Joliet Road about six miles west of LaPorte about 6 a.m. Sunday.
Wanna Jo Walker, 56, barricaded herself inside an upstairs bedroom after hearing glass break and grabbed a handgun.
Walter Walker smashed out a window and crawled through the opening, police said.
He then went upstairs and forced open a bedroom door, which had a heavy wood chest behind it.
Buell would not disclose the chain of the events that occurred next but said, "shortly thereafter he was shot."
Walter Walker, who was found lying on a bed, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Authorities did not disclose where Walker was shot and how many times.
The couple, who had a history of domestic violence, were separated and in the process of divorcing, police said.
PHOENIX, ARIZONA -- A man opened fire and wounded two people before a concerned neighbor of the victims grabbed a gun and shot him, authorities said.
All three were in serious condition Friday.
The unidentified neighbor "did what he thought was right in a very deadly encounter," said Detective Tony Morales, a Phoenix police spokesman. Two of the victims, Jorge Guzman, 24, and Cardenia Guzman, 26, were reported in serious condition at Good Samaritan Medical Center.
The family relation of the Guzmans, if any, was not immediately determined.
A man suspected of shooting both of them, Martin Talavera, 26, was reported in serious condition at Maricopa Medical Center, Morales said.
Investigators believe the shooting occurred after Talavera showed up about 1:35 a.m. at a home in the 3600 block of West Latham Street, south of McDowell Road, and got into some kind of argument with the Guzmans, Morales said.
The 24-year-old neighbor, hearing the commotion, grabbed a weapon and shot Talavera, Morales said.
No charges are expected against the neighbor because police believe he acted legally by using deadly force to protect the lives of other people, Morales said.
Police withheld the neighbor's name to protect the man from possible retribution.
Reach reporter Brent Whiting at (602) 444-8543.

Nickdfresh
03-22-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by jacksmar
McALLEN, TEXAS -- A coin shop proprietor shot dead a man who had just robbed him at gunpoint...

So what's the point of this?

High Life Man
03-22-2005, 05:33 PM
Like Dave said last Friday, blaming guns for murders is like blaming pencils for spelling mistakes.

BrownSound1
03-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Yep...the gun isn't the problem. Plus if you take away all of the guns, then the only people who will have them are the criminals.

Nickdfresh
03-22-2005, 06:08 PM
Perhaps. But how did this minor get his hands on a gun? I am all for gun rights, to an extent. But I don't believe it should be easier to buy a gun (or for minors to get ammunition) than it is to buy a car, or to get a driver's license.

Also, I don't think the NRA should be helping potential terrorists to get weaponry by selflessly fighting for the rights of those on the no fly list to be able to buy guns.

PELIBUS
03-23-2005, 12:38 AM
Fuck!, now they're saying that the guy was a nazi.
That's like a square circle!!! bloody nonsense.
Did he had any Knowledgement about fucking nazism

fanofdave
03-23-2005, 12:54 AM
guns kill people the same way
forks make people fat.

someone has to pick it up and use it
to get the results.

fucking losers kill people. doesn't matter
if they're using a gun, a car, a bat, a knife.

fanofdave
03-23-2005, 12:55 AM
by the way, the kid used his grandfather's gun.
the kid didn't buy one.

Dr. Love
03-23-2005, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
So what's the point of this?

The point is that we in Texas know how to deal with gun problems. ;) :cool:

Jano
03-23-2005, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by fanofdave
forks make people fat.

to get the results.

A least you can run away from someone with a knife.if you can run away from a bullet you're a fast man!
If i follow you in your logical though i guess your country is full of losers,so many crime in the US by Guns and it still not dangerous that's so fucking great!Keep doing it and next birthday buy your kid a gun not a baseball bat!

Nitro Express
03-23-2005, 02:15 AM
I grew up in a house full of guns. No murders or accidents with anyone in the family and my parents raise six children. I was bullied at school and my dad told me I needed to learn how to fight and once I beat the shit out of the school yard bully I wouldn't be a victom. It was all fist fights.

My dad loved to bird hunt so there were plenty of shotguns to choose from. He was the type of man who stored guns unloaded and the ammunition sepparately but hey, if there's a will there's a way.

What I'm getting at here is the United States has been awash in firearms since it was founded. There's always been a ton of guns here. Kids blasting away their classmates at school however is something new. I had access to guns when I was a kid but that was the last thing I would even remotely think about doing.

Why are these kids so fucked up now? I have no idea, head shrinks will debate this endlessly. All I know is it's some evil shit.

Americans with guns isn't all bad though, it was Americans with guns who helped run the Germans out of France if you remember that little war a half century ago.

Ally_Kat
03-23-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by PELIBUS
Fuck!, now they're saying that the guy was a nazi.
That's like a square circle!!! bloody nonsense.
Did he had any Knowledgement about fucking nazism

Of what I read, he was in some political party that promoted racial purity, no matter what the race. I was actually surprised there were people all about white purity taking in a Native American.

Nickdfresh
03-24-2005, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by fanofdave
forks make people fat.

to get the results.

But guns make the job much easier and fun!

Nitro Express
03-24-2005, 12:57 AM
Shit, maybe the Kid just played too much Playstation and XBox.

ashstralia
03-24-2005, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
But guns make the job much easier and fun!

since our massacre of 96,
we've had very tough gun laws.

so, a coupla years ago a young
lad shot his ex through the chest with
a crossbow!
arrow went straight through,
pinned another girls ankles together.

the girls survived.
a crossbow.
the irony is delicious.