PDA

View Full Version : Some advice if you´re looking for a good amp!

kentuckyklira
03-24-2005, 03:05 PM
My new found love for Laney amps has led to another eBay purchase. A Laney Pro Tube 100 AOR combo with 2 12" speakers. That´s gonna be one loud and heavy motherfucker. It´s a 100% tube amp in good condition and I got it for 190 Euros.

Those late 80s Laneys are so fucking underrated, I´m gonna pile them high till the news starts spreding.

I mean, these are basically Marshall JCM 800 knockoffs with a few extra features, like high mid and bass boosters.

German eBayers, keep em coming!

GAR
03-24-2005, 04:31 PM
Wasn't it Kenneth Bran who designed the Marshall amps also responsible for the Laney AOR 100's?

If so then these are quite unlike JCM 800's, and the EQ difference is more than minimal because Laney's always had a rugged low-end EQ.

kentuckyklira
03-25-2005, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by GAR
Wasn't it Kenneth Bran who designed the Marshall amps also responsible for the Laney AOR 100's?

If so then these are quite unlike JCM 800's, and the EQ difference is more than minimal because Laney's always had a rugged low-end EQ. My Laney head sounds like a standard one pre-amp JCM800 without the boosters pulled. With boosters it really starts kicking ass.