PDA

View Full Version : Bush NOT Out Of ANTHRAX

Shaun Ponsonby
03-25-2005, 07:35 AM
ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian has rejected Internet rumors that vocalist John Bush has been kicked out of the group in favour of returning frontman Joey Belladonna.

Just hours after an offical press release was circulated confirming ANTHRAX's plans to tour this summer with the classic "Among the Living" lineup, Ian dismissed speculation that Bush's tenure in the group has come to an end.

Responding to several online postings about Bush's current status in the group, Ian wrote, "For the 10th time, John is not out of the band."

ANTHRAX's "Among the Living" lineup — Ian, Belladonna, Charlie Benante (drums), Dan Spitz (guitar) and Frank Bello (bass) — has confirmed a number of European festival appearances this spring/summer, and has scheduled an Australian tour in May. In addition, the group remain a favorite to fill the "mystery band" open slot on the main stage at this year's Ozzfest, which kicks off July 15 in Boston, Massachusetts.

ANTHRAX's "Among the Living" lineup has scheduled the following dates:

Apr. 30 – Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
May 01 – Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
May 07 – Hellendoorn, NETH @ Dynamo Open Air
May 12 - Brisbane, AUS @ The Arena
May 14 - Sydney, AUS @ The Roundhouse
May 15 - Melbourne, AUS @ The Palace
May 16 - Adelaide, AUS @ Heaven Nightclub
May 18 - Perth, AUS @ The Lookout
Jun. 09-11 – Sölvesborg, SWE @ Sweden Rock
Jun. 11-12 – Bologna, ITA @ Gods of Metal
Jun. 11 - Donington Park, UK @ Download
Jun. 24-26 – Le Mans, FRA @ Fury Fest
Jun. 24-26 – Tolmin, SLO @ Metal Camp
Jul. 1-3 - Löbnitz (near Leipzig), GER @ With Full Force

FORD
03-25-2005, 09:15 AM
Just like the White House, Anthrax would be better off without a Bush in it.

Don Corleone
03-25-2005, 09:15 AM
I might have to try to get down to the Donington Festival to catch them

EbDawson
03-26-2005, 01:22 AM
So what's the deal? Bush is just taking a few months off? He OK with this Belladonna stuff or what.

Shaun Ponsonby
03-26-2005, 07:34 AM
Dunno, ask him.

EbDawson
03-26-2005, 09:17 AM
OK.

Figs
03-26-2005, 09:40 AM
I have Sound of White Noise with Bush (I guess). Room For One More kicks serious ass. I'm not familiar with their other stuff, but if it's hair-metal I'm not interested.

EbDawson
03-26-2005, 10:31 AM
Definitely Not hair metal!

Figs
03-26-2005, 10:35 AM
well that's good. i guess i need to check out the older albums...

Don Corleone
03-27-2005, 04:57 AM
I actually liked their last album (Greater of Two Evils) where they re-recored a lot of old material with there current line up (Deathrider is amazing)

Shaun Ponsonby
03-27-2005, 01:03 PM
I've only heard Deathrider, I got it on a free DVD with Classic Rock (It's quite a good DVD actually. It's also got Motley Crue, Alice Cooper, Dio, Black Label Society, The Destroyers, Yes, Steve Hackett and many more. It's available at all good magazine stores, and some shitty ones as well), but it was a good version.

Diver Down NJ
03-29-2005, 02:16 PM
Anthrax lost a big part of their sound when Belladonna left. John Bush is a solid vocalist, but too damn generic sounding.

Mr Grimsdale
03-30-2005, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Just like the White House, Anthrax would be better off without a Bush in it.

damn!
you beat me to making a joke out of it

Mr Grimsdale
03-30-2005, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Don Corleone
I might have to try to get down to the Donington Festival to catch them

ever been there?
i haven't, but a couple of friends went on separate occasions and both said they spent most of the day ducking to avoid dog turds that some muppet was hurling forward to the stage

...and relax

Don Corleone
04-03-2005, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
ever been there?

Nope, I've never been down. I came close to going a couple of years back when Maiden were headlining, but I ended up out of the country when it was on.