PDA

View Full Version : Bye

Steve Savicki
03-25-2005, 02:15 PM
For those that remember a certain thread at hitchworld, I will say that exact same computer department supervisor came up to me and asked, "Steve, are you the one that goes to the David Lee Roth site?"

It's always best to be honest in the workplace so I get the response, "Don't go there any more. You pulled up a page that had people having sex on it."

Now I know better than to go into the picture bonanza in the professional workplace, and I usually surpass picture downloading and scroll down to the text, but wherever this post was outside the picture forum, somehow, some pic slipped through.

For those that don't remember the hitch©cident, it was about fellow member DeeRock. If you're not familiar, picture Cato's avatar in place. I will just sum it up lightly in a nutshell and remember the incident as that supervisor came up to me and said, "Steve, scroll back to that avatar."
"Do you realize what you've done? If a female employee saw that, you would've set the company up for a lawsuit on sexual harassment.
All IPs are logged onto my report screen every day. A manager comes up and asks, 'Well, now who pulled up this web page?' What do I have to tell them? Steve Savicki did."

Ahh, if hitch is the FranchisePLAYA™, it only serves to enhance the image of the corporate administration. You know what they say like franchise/like corporate, like member #2/like member #1, like hitch1969©, like Sarge.

So I will say that I will pop up here on this restaurant IP and come in when I can.

Peace, Roth on, and I will miss ya all!

Steve - not how I wanted to start my Easter weekend, but like father and son, if this happened at hitchworld (http://hitchworld1969.com/), I knew sooner or later getting caught in the workplace would only happen here.

edited to add: oops, this should've been in the non-related discussion. sorry about that.

WOAHYEAH
03-25-2005, 02:46 PM
Hitch CAN get you fired.

flappo
03-25-2005, 03:28 PM
big deal , fuck off

see if we care , ya dopey chink prick

:D

BrownSound1
03-25-2005, 04:14 PM
Go buy a computer and log in from home. There's no excuse for people not owning a computer in this day and time. Hell you can get them for dirt cheap.

MAX
03-25-2005, 06:52 PM
C'mon Steve just do what Brownie said and post from home.

Steve Savicki
03-25-2005, 07:03 PM
Hi gang, I'm from home now.
Manager hasn't called me in yet so it looks like I'm still employed.
Scary though, I never knew 1 pic could stir up a lawsuit.

POJO_Risin
03-25-2005, 07:06 PM
Christ...anything can cause a lawsuit in this day and age...you just have to get creative...

DLR7884
03-25-2005, 07:10 PM
Isn't there an option to disable ALL pictures when you are navigating?

I think I remember seeing that....but not sure if it includes avatars or not.

DLR7884
Anyone else know?

bueno bob
03-25-2005, 08:20 PM
It's generally a good rule of thumb NOT to go to anyplace that might get you in trouble, even in the most remote sense of the word "trouble", while you're at work...I keep my at-work surfing to a nil unless it's specifically work related. Better not to take the chance.

Steve Savicki
03-25-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Christ...anything can cause a lawsuit in this day and age...you just have to get creative...
Yeah, the guy who changed his name to Jack Ass and sued for whatever damage it was.

DLR7884, I'd normally disable pics first thing, but tampering with company computer settings is against company policy.
Even if I could, that co-worker computer supervisor could still pull up the log on his comp.
Actually makes me wonder what he pulls up on his computer in the department's back room.

rustoffa
03-25-2005, 08:30 PM
I got this mail at work last summer....this "friend" titled it "got some killer shots from the Nashville Pussy show".

This particular show was at the "Drive-invasion", it's a labor day weekend deal @ this drive-in here featuring classic B movies, the stars and directors of them, and bands.

It's a huge party involving all manner of DIY beer gardens, bbq's, and unbridled debauchery.

Anyway, I opened the first attached picture....*BOOM*...some chick riding the baloney pony in the back of a truck...like full-monitor size.

Luckily, there was only this one dipshit that saw it, and he didn't freak out.

I just fucking delete everything now.