PDA

View Full Version : Malfunction

Jérôme Frenchise
03-26-2005, 11:05 AM
Yesterday night I mailed about some (little) problems, but I know it's a holiday this week-end, so... there are other priorities, no doubt. :)

But if ever somebody of you could give me advice, that would be cool of him/her. ;)

So, here's what's wrong:

- I can't rate somebody anymore. I can change the rating ("Previous rating: none" is displayed), but it's never taken into account. I'm looking like a fool, because I told MAX I would give him 5 stars for his 100th vote, but it didn't work.

- When I click on the "Profile" key, there's no result. It only works on the names in yellow.

- I cannot quote a post anymore.

Am I the only one having that trouble?

If I am not, can anybody tell me what to do?

Thanks a lot in advance. :)

Dr. Love
03-26-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
Yesterday night I mailed about some (little) problems, but I know it's a holiday this week-end, so... there are other priorities, no doubt. :)

But if ever somebody of you could give me advice, that would be cool of him/her. ;)

So, here's what's wrong:

- I can't rate somebody anymore. I can change the rating ("Previous rating: none" is displayed), but it's never taken into account. I'm looking like a fool, because I told MAX I would give him 5 stars for his 100th vote, but it didn't work.

- When I click on the "Profile" key, there's no result. It only works on the names in yellow.

- I cannot quote a post anymore.

Am I the only one having that trouble?

If I am not, can anybody tell me what to do?

Thanks a lot in advance. :)

Hmm... quoting seems to work. You sure you're not suffering from some internet lag or something?

Jérôme Frenchise
03-26-2005, 03:48 PM
Well now I think it's a kind of hijack. So, it's my computer.
Cheers, anyway.

Soul Reaper
03-27-2005, 10:20 AM
Every time I check my PMs it says I'm logged out.

Whenever I log out, the next time I go onto this I'm logged in again and I haven't even typed in my username and password.

I have to refresh the page each time I want to see new posts. There's no other way of seeing them.

Soul Reaper
03-27-2005, 10:24 AM
I've found another one, it keeps on saying that I've got a new PM when I haven't.

Soul Reaper
03-27-2005, 02:56 PM
sometimes my pictures come up as red crosses, like in my Erika Michelle Barre thread, and sometimes they turn up.

Panamark
03-28-2005, 08:08 AM
Are you both using IE6 ?

Do you have a firewall ?
are you running antivirus software ?

Some of this sounds like cookie probs..
Maybe clear your cookies and temporary internet
files and try again. Also try turning off firewall
temporarily to see if thats your prob.

Jérôme Frenchise
03-28-2005, 08:26 AM
Thanks so much for caring Panam'! :)

2 of my pals (who work for the UNO) checked my PC yesterday night, and detected a VERY vicious spyware that got through the firewall antispyware softwares they had installed themselves (supposed to be "invincible"... :D

Anyway, I'm going to try just what you suggest to do. Cheers, at all events! :)

Soul Reaper
03-28-2005, 09:13 AM
thanks Panamark, I'll try it.

Anonymous
03-28-2005, 08:12 PM
I have noticed a few bugs too, every now and then. When I log on, I see a few posts from Katydid and a virus called Jesterstar, and another called Joe Thunder - the latter with variants. Is this normal?

Cheers! :bottle:

Panamark
03-29-2005, 01:46 AM
Nortons needs a Katydid/Joe Thunder blocking option :D

Jérôme Frenchise
04-23-2005, 11:17 AM
Well, I'm back after 3 bloody weeks off. One of my pals, a computer tech' at the UNO just gave my PC back to me. It was a particularly "vicious" virus. I have to say that during the last weeks before having real trouble, alerts had got damn frequent while surfing on the Army site (whereas there had been pretty few through all the months before). I hope it's got safer now.

Anyway... It's been a fucking long time! I'm most happy to be able to come back again.
So much must have happened meanwhile...

Nickdfresh
04-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
Well, I'm back after 3 bloody weeks off. One of my pals, a computer tech' at the UNO just gave my PC back to me. It was a particularly "vicious" virus. I have to say that during the last weeks before having real trouble, alerts had got damn frequent while surfing on the Army site (whereas there had been pretty few through all the months before). I hope it's got safer now.

Anyway... It's been a fucking long time! I'm most happy to be able to come back again.
So much must have happened meanwhile...

Here's a suggestion Jerome, download Mozella's Firefox browser and throw away your Explorer(of spyware and virus') browser!

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/central.html

Jérôme Frenchise
04-23-2005, 12:26 PM
Thanks very much Nick. :)

Now it's just working again, so I'll have a try as it is for the moment. But I keep this address you give me, and as soon as a new fiasco is in sight, I'll remember your suggestion.

By the way, I guess you got rid of your own trouble (a few weeks ago, if I recall it well).
Ah, the joys of computing... I'm just enjoying it as long as nothing's wrong... till some dirty stuff comes pissing me off once again, I don't doubt it... :D

Dr. Love
04-23-2005, 02:35 PM
Just be aware that not everything works on Mozilla (website wise)

Jérôme Frenchise
04-23-2005, 03:05 PM
:D Cheers!

I've grown aware that nothing hardly ever works very long before shit happens with a PC. :)

Nickdfresh
04-23-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by J�r�me Frenchise
Thanks very much Nick. :)

Now it's just working again, so I'll have a try as it is for the moment. But I keep this address you give me, and as soon as a new fiasco is in sight, I'll remember your suggestion.

By the way, I guess you got rid of your own trouble (a few weeks ago, if I recall it well).
Ah, the joys of computing... I'm just enjoying it as long as nothing's wrong... till some dirty stuff comes pissing me off once again, I don't doubt it... :D

I got back a new firewall. You should run two, one software (Norton, McAfee) and use a hardware router.

Jérôme Frenchise
04-23-2005, 03:33 PM
McAfee, a powerful anti-spyware and a tough firewall have very recently been installed on my equipment. It should work for a while, hopefully... before the next shitty mess! :D
But I'll remember what you suggested sooner, anyway. Thanks again.

Panamark
04-24-2005, 06:28 AM
In the future Im going to preface any PC support with "Have you checked for viruses and spyware?" :D

I have been kinda assuming that would be checked before asking
us !! :)

But glad you found the problem !!!