PDA

View Full Version : Hahahahahaha....Rev. Jerry Falwell in critical condition

Hardrock69
03-29-2005, 04:46 PM
Second bout of pneumonia in five weeks
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 Posted: 3:19 PM EST (2019 GMT)

Jerry Falwell attends a basketball game on Saturday.

LYNCHBURG, Virginia (AP) -- The Rev. Jerry Falwell was hospitalized in critical condition Tuesday, battling his second case of viral pneumonia in just five weeks, hospital and church officials said.

Falwell, 71, was admitted to Lynchburg General Hospital shortly before midnight Monday suffering from "respiratory arrest," the hospital said in a statement.

He was put on a ventilator and stabilized but remained in critical condition, the hospital said.

"He's resting comfortably and in stable condition," said Ron Godwin, Falwell's executive assistant. "It's a recurrence of the viral pneumonia."

Falwell is the founder of the Moral Majority and chancellor of Liberty University, which he also founded.

It was Falwell's second admission this year to Lynchburg General Hospital. He was treated for pneumonia for 13 days in late February and early March. For a time, he was on a ventilator.

In a recent interview with The Associated Press, Falwell said he was feeling much better, but still recovering from his hospital stay.

Falwell had been in the pulpit Easter Sunday at Thomas Road Baptist Church and appeared in good health, said the Rev. Dave Randlett, a senior associate pastor.

"He always looks `up' so you wouldn't know if he wasn't" feeling well, Randlett said. "He was very optimistic."

An avid sports fan, Falwell made the trip to Chattanooga, Tennessee, on Saturday for the third round of the NCAA women's basketball tournament.

Liberty University's team ended its postseason run in a 90-48 loss to top-seeded Louisiana State.

He also had been in the crowd on March 22 when the Liberty women beat DePaul 88-79 in the second round in College Park, Maryland.

Nickdfresh
03-29-2005, 05:21 PM
Are they going to pull out his feeding tube yet?

Jesterstar
03-29-2005, 05:25 PM
Your both part of the culture of death.

Nickdfresh
03-29-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Jesterstar
Your both part of the culture of death.

Death is fun!

Satan
03-29-2005, 07:12 PM
I've been waiting a long time for this. COME ON DOWN JERRY!! http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/smiley_evilGrin.gif

Hardrock69
03-30-2005, 12:28 AM
Hey Satan, lemme put my boot upside his ass on the way down will ya?

How about taking some digital video of him getting fucked in the ass by a cave troll and then posting it here?

:D

Nitro Express
03-31-2005, 04:36 AM
I wonder if Larry Flint sent some flowers and a card to the hospital?

Seshmeister
03-31-2005, 10:07 AM
Finally a bit of good news...

steve
03-31-2005, 10:17 AM
Crank up a little song #7 off Diver Down and grab me a bite to drink.

Song to be played at Fallwell's wake (http://www.content.loudeye.com/scripts/hurl.exe?clipid=003534601070006900&cid=600111)

Nickdfresh
03-31-2005, 10:20 AM
PULL THE FUCKING FEEDING TUBE! Or insert one with carbon monoxide!;)

Figs
03-31-2005, 10:44 AM
i don't normally have a problem with people who are relegeious (© Jesterstar 2005), but Falwell is an extremist fuck.

Satan
03-31-2005, 11:50 AM
We're a little sad here in Hell that Rev. Falwell seems to be recovering and we won't get to see him down here right away :(

But that gives us more time to prepare a proper welcome for old Jerry. Remember when he did this......
http://www.dailyrotten.com/articles/jerry.waterslide.jpg

Apparently in the course of Jerry's hostile takeover of the PTL network (when Jim & Tammy were in hot water) he made a bet with somebody under the condition that if he lost the bet, he would go down the waterslide at PTL's Christian amusement park fully dressed in a suit. As the picture shows, it was one time in history the good reverend kept his word.

I'm thinking of recreating that scene in hot lava when he gets here :cool:

Hardrock69
03-31-2005, 01:18 PM
RIGHT ON DUDE!!!!

Remember the old saying: BURN BABY BURN!!!

steve
03-31-2005, 01:37 PM
Please click on the link. Pretty please?:D

Originally posted by steve
Crank up a little song #7 off Diver Down and grab me a bite to drink.

Song to be played at Fallwell's wake (http://www.content.loudeye.com/scripts/hurl.exe?clipid=003534601070006900&cid=600111)

Satan
03-31-2005, 01:43 PM
Link's not working here in Hell :(

Cathedral
03-31-2005, 01:56 PM
This is just an observation of course, but you all jumping up and down all happy that the man was on his death bed doesn't make you any better than him.
I don't agree with his ideology one bit, but i don't wish or anticipate his demise at all.

It's not right....

Satan
03-31-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
This is just an observation of course, but you all jumping up and down all happy that the man was on his death bed doesn't make you any better than him.
I don't agree with his ideology one bit, but i don't wish or anticipate his demise at all.

It's not right....

Nothing personal in my case. It's just business.

Cathedral
03-31-2005, 02:15 PM
Naturally........

Seshmeister
03-31-2005, 02:23 PM

It's not right....

Usually I would agree but not when the person has spread misery amongst his fellow humans on a grand scale.

Last people I was glad to see dead were Saddams sons.

In a world where an innocent nice person dies every minute of the day I don't see anything wrong in being pleased when an evil bastard dies.

Cathedral
03-31-2005, 02:25 PM
Evil Bastards are people too...

steve
03-31-2005, 03:44 PM
You really think we're "just as bad" as a guy who, ON 911, went on national television and blamed homosexuals for the planes hitting the twin towers?

The list goes on and on as to how this guy is a dirtbag. I mean, explain how else someone becomes a near billionaire by preaching the name of a pacifist, homeless, communist pauper (aka:Jesus)

Falwell is America's Ayatollah Kumani...or at least one of them.
I could sit here and try to be all diplomatic about it, but then I'd just be lying, frankly.

And really, I try to be diplomatic far too much anyway.
This time, I'm cuttin' loose and callin' it how I see it.

Am I REALLY celebrating? No.
Just using a little hyperbole to voice what a sack of crap I think the gentleman is.

steve
03-31-2005, 03:46 PM
Now...if I were to GENERALIZE and blame all the world's problems on Christians...or even evalgelical Christians, THEN I would be just as bad as him - vilifying a whole sub-culture on the merits of one lousy dude.
But I'm not - I'm just callin' out the one prick.

vanzilla
03-31-2005, 03:48 PM
You really think we're "just as bad" as a guy who, ON 911, went on national television and blamed homosexuals for the planes hitting the twin towers?

The list goes on and on as to how this guy is a dirtbag. I mean, explain how else someone becomes a near billionaire by preaching the name of a pacifist, homeless, communist pauper (aka:Jesus)

Falwell is America's Ayatollah Kumani...or at least one of them.
I could sit here and try to be all diplomatic about it, but then I'd just be lying, frankly.

And really, I try to be diplomatic far too much anyway.
This time, I'm cuttin' loose and callin' it how I see it.

Am I REALLY celebrating? No.
Just using a little hyperbole to voice what a sack of crap I think the gentleman is.

Well put Steve. Falwell is a grandstanding asshole who's tried his damnedest to rob us of our constitutional rights in the name of God.

And Cat, no offense my friend - but I wish more people like him were on their deathbeds.

bueno bob
03-31-2005, 03:49 PM
I don't have any love for Jerry Falwell in the slightest, but I can say for safety that pneumonia is a BITCH for any age (I've battled it 6 times myself during my youth)...it's even WORSE at 71 (or however old he is now).

Doesn't look promising at all.

Like I said, I don't buy into his idealogy, not even a penny's worth, but spending your last days battling pneumonia is not a pleasant way for anyone to go out of the world.

In so far as a religious sense is concerned, perhaps dealing with things as they stand will give him some time to reflect back on some of the things he's said and get himself righted - whatever that means, I guess...it's between him and his maker to sort that out.

vanzilla
03-31-2005, 03:49 PM
Now...if I were to GENERALIZE and blame all the world's problems on Christians...or even evalgelical Christians, THEN I would be just as bad as him - vilifying a whole sub-culture on the merits of one lousy dude.

Fucking A - you're on a roll. 5 stars my friend!

bueno bob
03-31-2005, 03:55 PM

That's honestly the interesting thing about Christianity...the meaning of the word is really diverse, anymore...it seems to be that Christians, all of them, make up a mix of so many diverse beliefs and ideals and personalities that the term itself has sort of become an umbrella statement to cover ANYONE who reads anything into the King James version.

It's people like Falwell that gave Christians a bad rep for being hate mongers and war lovers and close-minded, narcissistic twits, and it's a brush statement that certainly doesn't apply to all of them...not even a fraction of them...

I don't know what relevance this has to anything... :)

vanzilla
03-31-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I don't have any love for Jerry Falwell in the slightest, but I can say for safety that pneumonia is a BITCH for any age (I've battled it 6 times myself during my youth)...it's even WORSE at 71 (or however old he is now).

Doesn't look promising at all.

Like I said, I don't buy into his idealogy, not even a penny's worth, but spending your last days battling pneumonia is not a pleasant way for anyone to go out of the world.

In so far as a religious sense is concerned, perhaps dealing with things as they stand will give him some time to reflect back on some of the things he's said and get himself righted - whatever that means, I guess...it's between him and his maker to sort that out.

I agree that pneumonia is a shit thing to have. My grandmother died from it 2 years ago.

I think our point is that even though it's a shitty way for Falwell to possilbly die, we're by no means saddened that he'll no longer be with us if he doesn't pull through.

Uday and Kusay were plowed down by machine guns. That's a shitty way to die. Do we miss those two assholes?

Now I know Falwell isn't half as bad as those 2 pricks...but some of the shit that he's pulled in the name of the almighty should be enough to embarrass even your most fundamental christian.

Are We Still Friends?:)

Hardrock69
03-31-2005, 04:04 PM
He and his Fundamentalist bullshit are no better than the Taliban.

Fuck that motherfucker.

The world will be better off when he is dead.

Seshmeister
03-31-2005, 04:06 PM
Evil Bastards are people too...

You should get that printed on a t-shirt...:)

Seshmeister
03-31-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
That's honestly the interesting thing about Christianity...the meaning of the word is really diverse, anymore...it seems to be that Christians, all of them, make up a mix of so many diverse beliefs and ideals and personalities that the term itself has sort of become an umbrella statement to cover ANYONE who reads anything into the King James version.

It's people like Falwell that gave Christians a bad rep for being hate mongers and war lovers and close-minded, narcissistic twits, and it's a brush statement that certainly doesn't apply to all of them...not even a fraction of them...

I don't know what relevance this has to anything... :)

You should spend less time preaching and more time buying warm clothing...;)

bueno bob
03-31-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
You should spend less time preaching and more time buying warm clothing...;)

You know...when the summertime comes around...and the sun beats down...and everybody wears a little less CLOOOTHES...and you turn to your honey, the sweet...and you say, "Ooh, you're what I NEED"...

Warm clothes or no, all our flavors are guaranteed to satisfy! :D

Cathedral
03-31-2005, 06:50 PM
"Love Thine Enemies", that's all i'm saying.
If you don't care about someone's death, you have your reasons.
I just don't like death at all for anyone, and that was my only point.

academic punk
03-31-2005, 07:00 PM
"Love Thine Enemies", that's all i'm saying.
If you don't care about someone's death, you have your reasons.
I just don't like death at all for anyone, and that was my only point.

Hear Hear!

If you don't like someone for the way they've treated your beliefs and other people, best not to employ the same to show your hatred.