PDA

View Full Version : Slash to perform national anthem!

guwapo_rocker
03-30-2005, 03:27 PM
Slash Performs National Anthem in Toronto
Published: 2005-03-30
In an attempt to bring a dramatic home opener to Toronto, renowned guitarist Slash will perform the national anthems before the Toronto Blue Jays April 8 home opener against the Boston Red Sox. Slash, who is well known for his mass of black curly hair, signature top hat, and dangling cigarette will make a side trip to Toronto from his current North American tour with Velvet Revolver.

Breaking away from the previous years opening performances made by R&B artist Keshia Chante and Shawn Desman, Slash who has never made such an anthem performance was thrilled at the opportunity.

As for what we are to expect from this ex-Guns 'n' Roses lead guitarist who is world renowned for his lead guitar solos, Blue Jays vice-president of consumer marketing, Laurel Lindsay had this to say, "It's going to be similar to a Jimi Hendrix style of anthem," she said. "It's going to be his rendition. He's been supplied with all the music and I know he's already practicing."

Writer: Soul Shine Staff

Link (http://www.soulshine.ca/news/newsarticle.php?nid=1764)

Soul Reaper
03-31-2005, 12:56 PM
this should be pretty good.

has there ever been a guitarist who's fucked up the national anthem?

Mr Grimsdale
04-01-2005, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
this should be pretty good.

has there ever been a guitarist who's fucked up the national anthem?

i try my best
hahaha

BrownSound1
04-01-2005, 12:10 PM
Damn guwapo...Hagar looks like a little kid who is trying not to piss on himself.