PDA

View Full Version : Judas Priest's Next Single

Shaun Ponsonby
04-01-2005, 09:52 AM
JUDAS PRIEST have selected "Worth Fighting For" — a classic power ballad about a dysfunctional relationship — as the second single off their critically acclaimed "Angel of Retribution" album. The single will go for radio adds on April 12.

In a recent interview with Revolver magazine, Halford was asked whether he would choose to make the relationship male/female if the band were to shoot a video for the track.

"If it was up to me, I would do a boy/boy relationship . . . because I'm a homosexual," Halford replied. "So there's a debate. Maybe we should do a bunch of videos. We should do boy/girl, boy/boy, girl/girl, transgender/transgender, black/white, Roman Catholic/Jew, Protestant/Quaker. That would cover all the bases. [Sighs] I don't know. Maybe we best stay the normal course of events, and out a man and a woman together. But I see Herb Ritts all over it, and that's gonna cost an arm and a leg, so it probably won't be made into a video."

DarkRuler
04-01-2005, 11:24 PM
I think they should release Hellrider as a single.... that song kicks ass!

Panamark
04-02-2005, 01:22 AM
Did Halford really say that ?

Vinnie Velvet
04-07-2005, 10:04 AM
If they did do a video, my guess is that JP will have it as a boy and girl thing.

If it was two guys, the metal community would be up in arms! I mean, it wouldn't bode well for Priest either in terms of their market.

Everyone knows Halford is gay but most of us don't care as long as he doesn't write songs about fudgepacking and wears a leather jacket and a pink dress on top of his Harley when they 'Hell Bent for Leather'.

Priest still rules despite Rob's sexual preference. (add to the fact that the other members are straight).

Shaun Ponsonby
04-07-2005, 11:18 AM
I don't give a fuck about sexual preferance. If you want to be gay-be gay. I don't care. I just hate the ones that keep moaning to be left alone and then go on 'Gay Power' marches every year.

Vinnie Velvet
04-07-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
I don't give a fuck about sexual preferance. If you want to be gay-be gay. I don't care. I just hate the ones that keep moaning to be left alone and then go on 'Gay Power' marches every year.

Exactly!

Which is why Halford is STILL a cool guy and one of the greatest frontmen in rock.

Halford is still THE METAL GOD.

Shaun Ponsonby
04-07-2005, 01:36 PM
Saw Priest in Manchester-Halford has still got it, I'm tellin' ya. He doesn't move as much-but he is 51, and wears those heavy jackets-so, I'll let him off.

Vinnie Velvet
04-07-2005, 02:03 PM
Saw Priest in Manchester-Halford has still got it, I'm tellin' ya. He doesn't move as much-but he is 51, and wears those heavy jackets-so, I'll let him off.

Cool.

Well, he certainly hasn't lost his voice.

Its as strong as ever (as far as the CD is concerned).

The last time I saw him live was with Halford back in 2000. He was great then too.

Seshmeister
04-07-2005, 04:49 PM

I saw them in Glasgow a couple of weeks ago.

Halfords voice was fine but I thought it was Spinal Tap without the laughs.

Very serious while dressed like it was 1980.

Kind of embarrassing.

Mr Badguy
04-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
I saw them in Glasgow a couple of weeks ago.

Halfords voice was fine but I thought it was Spinal Tap without the laughs.

Very serious while dressed like it was 1980.

Kind of embarrassing.

I was there as well and I thought his voice wasn`t great.

He didn`t do the high notes as much as when I saw him support Iron Maiden.

Seshmeister
04-07-2005, 06:57 PM
I thought he didn't engage the audience at all and they weren't exactly setting the place alight.

I did leave a bit early though and missed the last few songs so maybe it got better later on?

To be honest I thought it was a bit sad.

Very loud though.

Cheers!

:gulp:

Shaun Ponsonby
04-08-2005, 01:40 PM
HE'S 51.

ALL HE IS TRYING TO DO IS RE-CREATE WHAT PRIEST WERE LIKE IN THE 1980'S.

Mr Badguy
04-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
I thought he didn't engage the audience at all and they weren't exactly setting the place alight.

I did leave a bit early though and missed the last few songs so maybe it got better later on?

To be honest I thought it was a bit sad.

Very loud though.

Cheers!

:gulp:

I spent the whole night near the front and it was crazy in there.

I know the place wasn`t full but I thought it was jumping.

Halford has that kind of "presence" where he doesn`t really need to do much to get a response.

The only complaint I had was with his singing, although I understand that it must be hard for him to deliver 100% night in , night out.

Shaun Ponsonby
04-08-2005, 03:47 PM
...at 51.