PDA

View Full Version : John Kerry speaks

Steve Savicki
04-01-2005, 01:48 PM
Within a matter of days, the Senate could face a truly momentous decision - one with consequences that will reverberate across America for decades to come.

Senator Frist, the Republican Majority Leader, has a plan to make President Bush's judicial nominations immune to a Senate filibuster. If he can convince enough Republican Senators to go along, the nomination and confirmation of judges will become a tightly-controlled, one-party affair.

We're working hard to make sure the Senate doesn't cross this dangerous line. Here's how you can help.

Please Call Your Republican Senators Now!

Please contact Senators Kyl and McCain now. In polite and respectful language, make it clear that as one of their constituents you are counting on them to oppose Senator Frist's dangerous plan to deny millions of Americans any meaningful voice in decisions vital to America's future.

Senator Kyl's office can be reached at:
Phoenix 602-840-1891
Tucson 520-575-8633

Senator McCain's office can be reached at:
Phoenix 602-952-2410
Tempe 480-897-6289
Tucson 520-670-6334

To help us track the number of calls our campaign is generating and know where we need to place our efforts, please let us know you've made the calls.

http://www.johnkerry.com/callreport

There is so much on the line in this debate. And, I am convinced that if we mobilize as quickly and effectively as possible, we can prevent the Senate from taking the dangerous course that Republican leaders have called for. Remember, we're fighting for the strength and vibrancy of democracy itself.

Sincerely,

John Kerry

P.S. If you need extra incentive for making those calls:

Imagine a world in which every appointment to the federal judiciary is a tightly-controlled, one-party exercise.
Imagine the kinds of judges that will sit on the federal bench - even on the Supreme Court -- if George W. Bush never needs a single Democratic vote.
Imagine the kind of decisions those judges will make that will directly affect your life and your constitutional rights.

BigBadBrian
04-01-2005, 01:53 PM
HILLARY '08

DrMaddVibe
04-01-2005, 01:54 PM
April Fools!

knuckleboner
04-01-2005, 01:56 PM
where's ashcroft? is it time he and i restarted that old debate?

FORD
04-01-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
where's ashcroft? is it time he and i restarted that old debate?

He's preparing for his nomination to the Supreme Court which will happen the minute the neocons get away with this "nukular" option, which will be followed by the "sudden" retirement of Rehnquist for health reasons.

Ally_Kat
04-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
HILARY '08

more like it ;)

Who wants VP? :D

Warham
04-01-2005, 05:12 PM
The Supreme Court is too liberal for my liking.

Those justices that the last few Republican presidents put in were just liberals in disguise as moderates.

FORD
04-01-2005, 05:14 PM
:rolleyes:

Warham
04-01-2005, 05:20 PM
I want a Supreme Court that spits on our Constitution and reads opinions from European courts to use as a base for it's own decisions...

Oh wait, we already have that!

My bad.

FORD
04-01-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Warham
I want a Supreme Court that spits on our Constitution...

Oh wait, we already have that!

My bad.

As was proven on December 12, 2000 :(

Warham
04-01-2005, 05:58 PM
No, they were straightening out the Florida Supreme Court then.

And they didn't need to read European court decisions to fix that error.

I'm referring to cases since then.

Apparently in the Schiavo case, they read recent decisions from the Netherlands before deciding not to get involved.

4moreyears
04-01-2005, 06:15 PM
http://i.euniverse.com/funpages/cms_content/6660/2008cc1.swf

FORD
04-01-2005, 06:18 PM
Haven't you posted that dumb thing like 6 times now?

4moreyears
04-01-2005, 07:40 PM
No, Just saw it today for the first time.

Steve Savicki
04-01-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Haven't you posted that dumb thing like 6 times now?
Oh, I won't bother to read it then.

UNCLAX72
04-01-2005, 10:34 PM

Apparently in the Schiavo case, they read recent decisions from the Netherlands before deciding not to get involved.

No fuckin kidding man you got the truth

FORD
04-01-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by UNCLAX72
No fuckin kidding man you got the truth

Yeah, if "truth" = whatever FAUX news says.

Nickdfresh
04-02-2005, 03:04 AM
The Supreme Court is too liberal for my liking.

Those justices that the last few Republican presidents put in were just liberals in disguise as moderates.

Yes, we need a Federal Judiciary that will support legislation to insert feeding tubes into corpses, just in case they are still alive.:rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
04-02-2005, 03:08 AM

Apparently in the Schiavo case, they read recent decisions from the Netherlands before deciding not to get involved. ]

God forbid we would cuntsider an outside opinion form another, civilized, Western nation as a reference point. Perhaps you think they should adopt your internal, pre-programmed Christian Fundamentalist kangaroo court which runs counter to the opinions of about 70% of the American population!:rolleyes:

BigBadBrian
04-02-2005, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
]

God forbid we would cuntsider an outside opinion form another, civilized, Western nation as a reference point. Perhaps you think they should adopt your internal, pre-programmed Christian Fundamentalist kangaroo court which runs counter to the opinions of about 70% of the American population!:rolleyes:

I would hardly call the Netherlands civilized. :gulp:

Seshmeister
04-02-2005, 09:46 AM

Why not?

Because they have legal pot and don't shoot each other all the time...?

4moreyears
04-02-2005, 10:07 AM
God forbid we would cuntsider an outside opinion form another, civilized, Western nation as a reference point. Perhaps you think they should adopt your internal, pre-programmed Christian Fundamentalist kangaroo court which runs counter to the opinions of about 70% of the American population!

I think most of the country understood that the president's faith was important to him and has guided his decision making process. I do not remember him losing the election either popular vote or electoral vote by 70%.

Nickdfresh
04-02-2005, 12:36 PM

Really? Let's compare their murder/crime rates to ours.

Nickdfresh
04-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
I think most of the country understood that the president's faith was important to him and has guided his decision making process. I do not remember him losing the election either popular vote or electoral vote by 70%.

Try to pay attention to my posts! I was talking about a specific issue (Terri Schiavo), (not the election!) and I was wrong! If memory serves correct, it's actually 83% of the public thinks the religious right are a bunch of fucking lunitics on this particular right-to-die issue!

BigBadBrian
04-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Really? Let's compare their murder/crime rates to ours.

Can we put all the morality issues in the equation as well? Prostitution, gambling, etc. It's a slippery slope. :gulp:

4moreyears
04-02-2005, 01:24 PM
If memory serves correct, it's actually 83% of the public thinks the religious right are a bunch of fucking lunitics on this particular right-to-die issue!

First of all, in a biased way you stated that 70% of the people do not support the right wing agenda. I was just stating that President Bush who just won the election, and received more votes than any other president running won the election and his support came from somewhere. It would be hard pressed to think it came from the left.

I would wonder where you get that 83% figure. I would guess that more than 13% of people in the country make up what you call religious right.

JH

FORD
04-02-2005, 01:46 PM
First of all, in a biased way you stated that 70% of the people do not support the right wing agenda. I was just stating that President Bush who just won the election, and received more votes than any other president running won the election and his support came from somewhere. It would be hard pressed to think it came from the left.

I would wonder where you get that 83% figure. I would guess that more than 13% of people in the country make up what you call religious right.

JH

Well, first let's remember that 50% of eligible voters didn't vote at all.

So right there, Junior's 50.8% "mandate" is immediately cut in half. or 25.4 %.

Now let's take the Dieboldization out of it. I'll be more than generous to the Republicans and only assume 5% of the vote was stolen. So now we're down to 20%.

Now out of that 20% how many of them were hardcore BCE supporters, vs those who were fooled by the mediawhores into believing that nothing would be any better with Kerry, so they might as well vote for the Chimp. That's probably another 5% at least right there. So we're left with 15%. And a +/- margin of error of 2% is more than reasonable, so 13% actually is a good estimate of the true hardcore BCE support.

4moreyears
04-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Well, first let's remember that 50% of eligible voters didn't vote at all.

So does that mean every eligible voter that did not vote would have voted Kerry?

Now let's take the Dieboldization out of it. I'll be more than generous to the Republicans and only assume 5% of the vote was stolen. So now we're down to 20%.

Making another assumption!!!

Now out of that 20% how many of them were hardcore BCE supporters, vs those who were fooled by the mediawhores into believing that nothing would be any better with Kerry, so they might as well vote for the Chimp. That's probably another 5% at least right there.

Yea, I guess it is not John Kerry's fault for being a two-face. Blame the media. Typical left wing liberal. It is always someone elses fault.

Dude, you are so whacked out it is hilarous.

Nickdfresh
04-02-2005, 02:22 PM
Can we put all the morality issues in the equation as well? Prostitution, gambling, etc. It's a slippery slope. :gulp:

If you find those things so morally abominable, then stop seeing hookers and quite gambling away your kid's college fund you crackhead!:D

And stay out of Nevada, where those things are perfectly legal.

Nickdfresh
04-02-2005, 02:24 PM
First of all, in a biased way you stated that 70% of the people do not support the right wing agenda. I was just stating that President Bush who just won the election, and received more votes than any other president running won the election and his support came from somewhere. It would be hard pressed to think it came from the left.[quote]

This thread is on the Schiavo issue. And the Presidents approval rating is sinking since the election

[quote]I would wonder where you get that 83% figure. I would guess that more than 13% of people in the country make up what you call religious right.

JH

A CBS News poll on the Schiavo issue I posted, though I could be a bit off on the numbers.

Warham
04-03-2005, 08:45 AM
The Supreme Court is not supposed to look to other countries for legal advice. Everything they need is right there in the Constitution.

I stand by my opinion.

Nickdfresh
04-03-2005, 11:40 AM
The Supreme Court is not supposed to look to other countries for legal advice. Everything they need is right there in the Constitution.

I stand by my opinion.

It's sort of hard to find the "Right to Die Amendment." And it's often hard to find anything on the document, since the religious right spends much of the time wiping its collective ass with the Constitution.

The Supreme Court is supposed to examine all pertinent legal opinions to reach a conclusion! WTF, WARHAM? Where do you think we got our laws from? Do you think we invented law? Does Common Law ring a bell?

Warham
04-03-2005, 02:31 PM
The only time we are wiping our asses on our own Constitution is when we take legal opinions from the likes of the Netherlands and use them for our own.

Not every country values life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for it's citizens.

I stand by my opinion.