PDA

View Full Version : Six security screeners curious about their brains face disciplinary actions

Flash Bastard
02-23-2004, 10:36 PM
http://www.9news.com/storyfull.aspx?storyid=24705

A security screener at Denver International Airport has been reprimanded and several others at airports across the country put on administrative leave for sending their bodies through checkpoint x-ray machines to see what their brains look like.

The Transportation Security Administration is not saying exactly who x-rayed themselves or when because of privacy reasons, but a source tells 9NEWS the six screeners were working at passenger checkpoints when they decided to x-ray their own bodies.

Like a piece of luggage, the screeners would have rolled down the conveyor belt into the opening, about 2.5 feet high and a foot and a half wide.

"There's enough training, enough education available in the public domain, let alone the circumstances of the TSA, to know this is a foolhardy thing to do,” said David Forbes, president of Boydforbes, Inc. “The questions that come out of this though are what is the level of supervision?"

Forbes, a security expert, says this highlights a lack of good management and training. But TSA spokesman Mike Fierberg says it was just someone doing something stupid. He insists it did not interfere with security.

TSA would not say if the screeners were still on administrative leave. In fact, it would only confirm that "some kind of action" was taken against one screener at DIA.

As for the screeners’ health, the manufacturers of the x-ray equipment say the exposure is actually too low to hurt anyone. They say a chest x-ray at a hospital would be 50 times stronger than an x-ray from an airport system.

Viking
02-23-2004, 11:30 PM
Yep. These are the shopping mall rent-a-cops that we federalized after 9/11, and gave guns to.

I'll never set foot in a fucking airport terminal again.

DLR7884
02-24-2004, 12:44 AM
Doesn't it feel good to know that these rejects are the ones trying to keep bullshit off our planes and out of our country.

DLR7884
This is fucking pathetic!

thebuldawg
02-24-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Viking
Yep. These are the shopping mall rent-a-cops that we federalized after 9/11, and gave guns to.

I'll never set foot in a fucking airport terminal again.

Never thought about that. Just one more reason I'll never fly. I think that we were meant to fly we'd have wings.