PDA

View Full Version : Deadwood

BigBadBrian
04-03-2005, 06:15 PM
Anybody else watching this series on HBO? It's on Sunday's at 9pm Eastern. It's about the old mining town in the Dakota territory in the 1800's. They're setting the world record for how many times they can say the word "fuck" and "cocksucker" in an hour. It's a riot!

http://www.hbo.com/deadwood/img/episodeguide/season01/ep07_seth_charlie_billsgrave.jpg

FORD
04-04-2005, 12:50 AM
So it's about Sammy Hagar then? :confused:

Mr Walker
07-02-2010, 08:42 AM
Just went back and re-watched the whole series over the last few weeks. Great show and even greater characters.

Seshmeister
07-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Best scene in anything ever.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4KsU89R1A8M&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0 x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4KsU89R1A8M&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0 x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

lesfunk
07-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Who?
Wu?
Who you fucking ignorant chink!

Mr Walker
07-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Who?
Wu?
Who you fucking ignorant chink!

Swearengen: San Francisco cocksucker and Swedgin gotta meet. I gotta test out his juice.
Mr Wu: Jews? JEWS?!? (as Wu points to Sol's hardware store out the window)
Swearengen: No, not JEWS, JUICE!
Mr. Wu: No Swedgin, no San Francisco, NO JEWS!
Swearengen: Forget the fucking Jews, Wu!

Mr Walker
07-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Nuttall: When you just come up to this camp and hung your sign up for nickel booze and 50 cent pussy…
Swearengen: Them was get acquainted prices.

Nitro Express
07-02-2010, 02:42 PM
I swigged whiskey on Wild Bill's grave and left a .36 caliber ball.

Mr Walker
07-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Great non-Swearengen line from a great scene...

Charlie Utter to George Hearst... "I'm the guy that the next time you see me... you better take a different fucking tone with."

Jagermeister
07-02-2010, 02:52 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EsPYJIat0lo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EsPYJIat0lo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Jagermeister
07-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Fuckin A

ZahZoo
07-03-2010, 12:44 PM
My favorite series... It's a real shame they never finished it properly!!

High Life Man
07-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Yeah. It really is. There was talk of 2 movies a couple years ago, but all of the major actors have moved on to different projects, so it's impossible to get them all together. Damn shame.

Top 5 show of all time for me. Loved it.

Little Texan
07-04-2010, 01:28 AM
Deadwood...I didn't know that was a show. I thought it was when a man's equipment wasn't functioning properly.

Seshmeister
07-04-2010, 07:02 AM
Sometimes life is funnier than fiction

http://www.articlesbase.com/destinations-articles/ned-kelly-australians-most-famous-bushranger-501730.html

Ned Kelly - Australian's Most Famous Bushranger

Edward "Ned" Kelly was born at Beveridge, Victoria in January 1855, the son of an Irishman convicted and transported to Australia, and died at the hangman’s noose on 11 November 1880 at the Old Melbourne Gaol. He is Australia's most famous bushranger even today stirs emotions and rivalry between his descendants and opposers.

While much of his bushranger life is well documented, it is often forgotten that as a young boy he risked his life to save another boy, Richard Shelton, from drowning. He was awarded with a green sash from the Shelton family and wore it under his armour during his final showdown with police in 1880.

Ned Kelly was at early age accused of assaulting and robbing a Chinese pig farmer named Ah Fook and was detained for 10 days before being released. He later met Isaiah ‘Wild’ Wright who had, unbeknown to Ned, stolen a horse from the Mansfield postmaster. Wright asked Ned to look after the horse and Ned was subsequently arrested for the theft and for assaulting police Constable Hall. Ned served 3 years for the crime.

Soon after he was sent to prison his brothers Jim, then aged 12 and Dan, aged 10 where arrested for riding a horse that belonged to a local farmer. The boys spent a night in gaol before being released. Two years later Jim was arrested for cattle-rustling. While he pleaded he did not know that some of the cattle did not belong to his employer Tom Lloyd he still received a five-year sentence.

It was incident dubbed ‘The Fitzpatrick Incident’ that sent Dan and Ned Kelly into hiding. The Kellys refuted the claims of Constable Alexander Fitzpatrick that he was attacked by revolver wielding members of the Kelly family including Ned, Dan and Ellen, and family friends Bricky Williamson and Bill Skillon, but believing they would be unable to convince police they went in to hiding and were later joined by friends Joe Byrne and Steve Hart.

The Kelly’s were hiding out in the Wombat Ranges north of Mansfield when a search party of four police officers, Sergeant Kennedy and Constables McIntyre, Lonigan and Scanlon set up camp nearby. After a confrontation and shot out, three of the police officers were killed and Constable McIntyre eventually escaped.

They Kelly Gang was now a wanted band of bushrangers and an 8000 pound reward was placed on their heads on February 15 1879. The Kelly Gang roamed the north eastern part of Victoria robbing banks until a final violent confrontation with police at Glenrowan. With all of his Gang dead Kelly made a final stand. While his armour protected his upper body shots to his legs eventually brought him to the ground and he was captured

Ned Kelly survived to stand trial, and was sentenced to death by the Irish-born judge Sir Redmond Barry. This case was extraordinary in that there were exchanges between the prisoner Kelly and the judge, and the case has been the subject of attention by historians and lawyers (see Philips). When the judge uttered the customary words "May God have mercy on your soul", Ned is reported to have replied "I will go a little further than that, and say I will see you there when I go". He was hanged on 11 November at the Melbourne Gaol. Although two newspapers (The Age and Herald Sun) reported Kelly's last words as "Such is life" and two other newspapers as "Ah well, I suppose it has come to this. Such is life", another source, Ned Kelly's gaol warden, writes in his diary that when Kelly was prompted to say his last words, he (Kelly) opened his mouth and mumbled something that he couldn't hear—and since the warden's office is closer to the scene of the hanging than the witnesses' allotted space, Ned Kelly's last words actually remain uncertain. Ned Kelly was hung on 11 November at the Melbourne Gaol. Sir Redmond Barry died of the effects of a carbuncle on his neck on 23 November 1880, twelve days after Ned Kelly.

ZahZoo
07-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Yeah. It really is. There was talk of 2 movies a couple years ago, but all of the major actors have moved on to different projects, so it's impossible to get them all together. Damn shame.

Top 5 show of all time for me. Loved it.

I still can't believe Deadwood was shelved for that piece of shit John From Cinncinati abortion...

Mr Walker
07-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Tom Nuttall: "Those that doubt me... suck cock by choice."

POJO_Risin
09-09-2010, 11:32 PM
I just started watching this yesterday...

Any show that uses the word cunt more than once...is a top ten for me...

So far...so good...