PDA

View Full Version : Shocker: Bonds Decides He's Not Retiring After All

blueturk
04-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Apparently Barry Bonds has gotten over his little hissy fit, found a way to deal with the living hell his life has become, and decided not to retire after all.
He has also decided not to speak to the media anymore, which is understandable considering that they are responsible for all his problems.That and being black and rich. Right?

April 1 SAN FRANCISCO — Barry Bonds greeted fans for the first time this season Friday. Not at SBC Park, but at a downtown San Francisco charity event where he received a standing ovation.

The seven-time National League MVP gave fans a better reason to cheer: Bonds, who hinted 10 days ago he was unsure when, if ever, he would play again, said he is not retiring from the game.

Bonds did say, however, that he no longer wishes to speak to the media.

No word on how long that edict will last.

As for a timetable for his return, Bonds said Friday he's taking his rehab day to day, although the Giants are expected to put him on the 15-day disabled list Saturday. He's off crutches but walking with a noticeable limp, careful not to put a lot of weight on his knee.

Bonds is recovering from three knee operations in 51/2 months, two on his troublesome right knee in a seven-week span. Stressed by the steroids scandal swirling around him, his health has him further on edge.

"I'm going to have to work a lot harder this year than I ever have," Bonds told The Associated Press. "I mean, at 40, I go to the gym, I work out, but unfortunately it's not staying as long sometimes. It's like my legs don't feel as strong. I feel strong for two or three days, but it's starting to go away faster."

Bonds might have caused his latest operation by pushing himself too hard to get back in a hurry, the same relentless determination that has brought him such success in 19 major league seasons.

He has 703 homers, trailing only Babe Ruth (714) and Hank Aaron (755). When Bonds comes back, many expect he'll pass Ruth in little more than a month.

"Right away, definitely," Arizona outfielder Jose Cruz Jr., Bonds' teammate in 2003, said of how quickly the slugger will regain his swing. "He's gifted."

Bonds' teammates are prepared to play without him, no matter how long it takes for the slugger to recover.

"We've got to," center fielder Marquis Grissom said. "We've got to use that as a positive and go out there and continue to get better as a team. I think we'll prevail. We have enough to get it done. Being a veteran team, we expect to get it done."

The Giants open the season Tuesday against the Dodgers at SBC Park.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/ESPNSports/story?id=634548

Bill Lumbergh
04-05-2005, 01:17 AM

Bill Lumbergh
04-05-2005, 01:29 AM

twonabomber
04-05-2005, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by blueturk

Bonds did say, however, that he no longer wishes to speak to the media.

No word on how long that edict will last.

at least until Selig says he has to talk to the media.

Warham
04-05-2005, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh

That's all well and good, but when did Bonds last win the World Series?

::crickets chirping::

vanzilla
04-05-2005, 10:27 AM
When did Bonds ever speak to the media?

He's whined to the media.

Lashed out at the media.

Portrayed himself as a victim to the media.

But he's never SPOKEN to the media.

I'm glad he's saving us the time and energy.

Just like Eddie Van Halen without a guitar - Barry Bonds without a baseball bat is a crummy human being.

aesop
04-05-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by vanzilla
Just like Eddie Van Halen without a guitar - Barry Bonds without a baseball bat is a crummy human being.

Wow...good analogy! BB will contribute more to the world as fertilizer than as a human being. I hope they asterisk the shit out of his steroid-ridden records. Just remember and take solas in the fact that money and fame cannot insure happiness. Amen.

Bill Lumbergh
04-09-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by vanzilla
When did Bonds ever speak to the media?

He's whined to the media.

Lashed out at the media.

Portrayed himself as a victim to the media.

But he's never SPOKEN to the media.

I'm glad he's saving us the time and energy.

Another person who KNOWS Barry personally. :rolleyes:

Bill Lumbergh
04-09-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by aesop
Wow...good analogy! BB will contribute more to the world as fertilizer than as a human being. I hope they asterisk the shit out of his steroid-ridden records. Just remember and take solas in the fact that money and fame cannot insure happiness. Amen.

Solas? How bout this one......FUCKYOU!

Bill Lumbergh
04-09-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Warham
That's all well and good, but when did Bonds last win the World Series?

::crickets chirping::

My friend, even you should know that one man(even a LEGEND like Barry Lamar Bonds) isnt enough to win a World Championship. That said, thank that fuckhead Dusty Baker for costing us a title in 02'.

DLR7884
04-09-2005, 09:43 PM
756, here it comes.

DLR7884
Again, you all post shit about Bonds, how about Sammy or Mark McLiar?