04-04-2005, 07:42 AM
http://www.sportsdecorating.com/images/yankees.jpg

Roguesgirl
04-04-2005, 09:46 AM
They looked good last night.

Sox looked awful. Damn.

vanzilla
04-04-2005, 04:16 PM
The Big Unit looked great. If he keeps playing like last night, that whole fight with a news photographer will be a thing of the past.

How tacky was it that David Wells wore a 3 in Yankee Stadium? Did you know that's the number he originally wanted when he started with the Yanks? What a fucking ballsy request! That's why he wore 33 while in the pinstripes.

Va Beach VH Fan
04-04-2005, 07:55 PM
LMFAO, fuckin' Yankee fans, I tell ya.... ;)

I even had to edit the thread title so you could spell YANKEES right for ya !!!!

Sheesh... ;)

Bob_R
04-05-2005, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
LMFAO, fuckin' Yankee fans, I tell ya.... ;)

I even had to edit the thread title so you could spell YANKEES right for ya !!!!

Sheesh... ;)

Sorry dude. :D

Usually I'm a god spiller but I diddn't have enuff coffey yet. :) ;)

Va Beach VH Fan
04-05-2005, 08:05 PM
LMFAO...

Were those floods anywhere close to ya ???

Bob_R
04-06-2005, 08:04 AM
No flooding troubles for me buddy.

Thanks for asking. :)

Figs
04-06-2005, 04:56 PM
It's very, very early, but the great Mariano Rivera is looking rather sha-a-a-a-ky....

First 3 starters look good in their debuts....

Dave's PA Rental
04-06-2005, 06:07 PM
Sox drop 2 out of 3 in the Bronx, but there is a silver lining...that being the fact that the Sox are still in Rivera's head...maybe other ballclubs will not fear him so much anymore.

By the way, this year's MVP will be eithr Matsui or Big Papi...

(what a catch by Matsui the other night!)

Warham
04-06-2005, 06:12 PM
He shouldn't even put Rivera in against the Sox.

Figs
04-06-2005, 09:15 PM
Maybe Father Time is catching up with Rivera. I hate to see it, since he's one of my all time favorites.

Dave's PA Rental
04-06-2005, 10:38 PM
http://server2.uploadit.org/files/BoSoxJeff-oWNED.JPG

Dave's PA Rental
04-06-2005, 10:39 PM
yeah, I know...where was I after games one and two, right?...

Bob_R
04-07-2005, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
yeah, I know...where was I after games one and two, right?...

Right. Typical Red Sox fan. :D :p

Va Beach VH Fan
04-07-2005, 08:52 PM
Well, it ain't like the Sox DON'T know what Rivera is bringing to the table....

He's gonna throw that cutter 'til his arm falls off...

And let's face it, it just ain't cuttin' like it used to....

Dave's PA Rental
04-07-2005, 10:27 PM
two things:

1. It's inexcuseable that Yankee fans booed Rivera as he walked off. INEXCUSEABLE!

2. While trolling NYYfans.com last night, I was appaled when I saw some Yankee fans refering to Torre as 'Clueless Joe'...

Spoiled rotten fans who are too dumb to realize that their team is old but want to blame the manager...

Va Beach VH Fan
04-08-2005, 09:02 AM
Agree and disagree...

Agree that yes, Yankee fans are incredibly spoiled rotten....

But those fans pay big bucks to pay the salaries for those players...

You can't keep riding on the coattails of past successes, and use that as an excuse when those same players start to cause failures instead of successes...

And that's what it boils down to IMO, what Rivera is doing so far IS HURTING THE TEAM....

And because of that, boooooooooooooooooooooooo......

Figs
04-08-2005, 09:09 AM
Assholes booed him - there are assholes everywhere - enough of the Yankee fans are ______ bullshit.

Va Beach VH Fan
04-08-2005, 04:20 PM
So are you saying anyone who boos a player is an asshole ??

I wanna make sure I understand what you mean...

sethfle
04-09-2005, 08:48 AM
I'm a pretty big Sox fan, but I'm also a big fan of the game in general. Anyone who booed Rivera was acting like an asshole, and a spoiled brat. Yeah, he might be shaky lately, but for the better part of a decade he was pretty much a friggin' lock. He's getting older, no player lasts forever. Does Mo have to throw three straight strikes to every batter and the Yanks have a record of 162-0 for these people to be happy?

It fucking sucks that he got booed....it's inexcusable.

Va Beach VH Fan
04-09-2005, 09:36 AM
So I then pose the same question to you...

Is ALL booing taboo, or just to the "holier-than-thou" Yankees ???

sethfle
04-09-2005, 09:58 AM
No, not all booing is taboo. I just don't think it's fair to boo someone who has the accomplishments that Rivera does for a few slip ups early in the season.

Va Beach VH Fan
04-09-2005, 04:02 PM
Well, that's your opinion, that's cool...

Not me...

Past accomplishments are irrelevant to me if you're currently hurting your team....

Bob_R
04-09-2005, 11:34 PM
Well Rivera got a standing ovation today upon entering the game. :)

Figs
04-10-2005, 04:48 PM
So are you saying anyone who boos a player is an asshole ??

I wanna make sure I understand what you mean...

No, but booing a guy who has done so much, failed only a few times and has never been obnoxious is crap.

sethfle
04-10-2005, 07:39 PM
We can agree to disagree, VA Beach....gotta say, I feel the same way Figs does.

Dave's PA Rental
04-10-2005, 09:11 PM

You can't keep riding on the coattails of past successes, and use that as an excuse when those same players start to cause failures instead of successes...

And that's what it boils down to IMO, what Rivera is doing so far IS HURTING THE TEAM....

Here's the thing...and if Yankee fans actually did their homework, they would know better...in the last 4 years, Rivera has had to face the Sox at least 40 times, maybe even 50 times. ANY team that faces a pitcher THAT MANY TIMES is going to figure him out eventually...Rivera is still the greatest closer in baseball, but because of the schedule and a few 7 game post-season series, he has had to face the Sox more than any other team...

He pitches fine against everybody else...so how do you boo him?

Sammy Who??
04-12-2005, 09:16 AM
the empire will strike back in 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave's PA Rental
04-12-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Sammy Who??
the empire will strike back in 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...um, yeah, can you fill it up with regular, and check the oil?

Va Beach VH Fan
04-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Here's the thing...and if Yankee fans actually did their homework, they would know better...in the last 4 years, Rivera has had to face the Sox at least 40 times, maybe even 50 times. ANY team that faces a pitcher THAT MANY TIMES is going to figure him out eventually

Which is basically what I said on my first post, the Sox see him so often, they probably know how many times he wipes his ass....

I'm too lazy to look up the stats, but aren't his blown saves increasing in the past few years ???

Bob_R
04-12-2005, 09:09 PM
I believe he has more blown saves versus the Red Sox than he has versus the rest of the major league combined!

Bob_R
04-13-2005, 10:19 PM
Mariano got the Sox in the ninth tonight (1 walk). Yanks win 5-2.

Nickdfresh
04-13-2005, 10:27 PM
Ouch! This is gonna' go back-and-forth all season.

Dave's PA Rental
04-14-2005, 03:26 PM
I dont think anyone really thought that he could never shut down the Sox again...

Figs
04-14-2005, 03:41 PM
I kinda thought Giambi wouldn't hit any steroid free homers....

Mekka-lekka-hi-mekka-hiney-ho
Mekka-lekka-hi-mekka-chiney-ho

ALinChainz
04-14-2005, 11:37 PM
Boston 8, NY Yankees 5

By HOWARD ULMAN, AP Sports Writer

April 14, 2005

BOSTON (AP) -- The New York Yankees got into another scuffle with fans on a testy night at Fenway Park. This time, Gary Sheffield was in the middle of it.

Sheffield was fielding Jason Varitek's two-run triple along the right-field fence in the eighth inning of Boston's 8-5 victory Thursday night when a fan swung a short uppercut in his direction, appearing to graze the side of the slugger's face with his right arm.

``I just felt something hit me in the mouth,'' Sheffield said. ``I don't know if he hit me or not, it felt like it. I thought my lip was busted.''

After Sheffield picked up the ball, he shoved the fan before throwing the ball back to the infield. Another fan tossed a beer at Sheffield, who whirled around with a cocked fist but restrained himself.

He shouted in the face of the first man -- but did not throw a punch. A security official quickly jumped over the three-foot wall to separate the two.

``It could have been worse if I didn't hold my composure,'' Sheffield said. ``I almost snapped, but the thing is I thought about the consequences.''

The fan was ejected from the ballpark but not arrested.

``It's just a baseball game,'' Sheffield said. ``To get punched in the mouth, you don't expect that in a baseball game.''

During the 2003 AL playoffs, two Yankees players got into a brawl with a Red Sox groundskeeper in New York's bullpen.

Relief pitcher Jeff Nelson and outfielder Karim Garcia were charged with assault but agreed to a deal last October that called for the charges against them to be dropped in six months.

The near-fight between Sheffield and the Boston fan Thursday night was the latest problem between fans and players at a sporting event.

On Nov. 19, players and fans exchanged punches in the stands near the end of a Pacers-Pistons game in one of the worst brawls in NBA history. The mayhem left several people injured and prompted a police investigation.

Last September, the Texas Rangers got into a fight with fans in Oakland, and Rangers reliever Frank Francisco was arrested after throwing a chair into the stands that hit a woman and broke her nose.

Edgar Renteria's RBI double in the eighth broke a 5-5 tie, and Boston took two of three from its rival to even the season series at three games apiece.

Randy Johnson gave up three homers for only the 12th time in his career, and Red Sox manager Terry Francona and hitting coach Ron Jackson were ejected after questioning calls by plate umpire Greg Gibson.

Johnson left with the score 5-5 after seven innings and Tom Gordon (0-1) fell behind before getting an out. Johnny Damon led off the eighth with a single and scored on a double by Renteria, who had made the last out for St. Louis in Boston's sweep of last year's World Series.

After an intentional walk to David Ortiz, Varitek hit a ball down the right-field line that hugged the curved wall and led to all the trouble.

``We have to give Sheffield a lot of credit,'' Damon said, ``for him to restrain himself the way he did.''

Varitek's two-run triple gave the Red Sox an 8-5 lead.

Sheffield led off the ninth with a double off the Green Monster and the Yankees loaded the bases before Keith Foulke (1-1) ended the game by getting Ruben Sierra to foul out to catcher Varitek, who made a nice catch on a difficult play near the stands.

Renteria, Jay Payton and Varitek all homered in the first four innings off Johnson. Hideki Matsui drove in three runs for the Yankees with a single and a double as the teams wrapped up a nine-game stretch in which they faced each other six times.

The last time Johnson allowed three homers was Aug. 15 against Atlanta.

New York took a 5-4 lead in a four-run fourth, when Bronson Arroyo issued three walks.

One of them led to the ejection of Jackson, who was upset after Gibson called a bases-loaded, 3-2 pitch to Sheffield a ball. Francona rushed out of the dugout to argue and Jackson, who followed, was restrained by several Boston coaches.

Matsui followed with a two-run single and Alex Rodriguez put the Yankees ahead with an RBI single.

Varitek's third homer of the season tied it in the fourth. But with two outs and a 2-1 count on Bill Mueller, a pitch that appeared to be low and inside was called a strike by Gibson. That brought Francona out of the dugout again and he also was ejected.

Francona returned to the team Monday from a four-game absence after undergoing tests for tightness in his chest that team physician Dr. Thomas Gill said probably was caused by a viral illness.

Notes

Arroyo allowed runners in scoring position in each of the first four innings. ... Johnson had at least one strikeout in each of his seven innings.

Va Beach VH Fan
04-15-2005, 07:51 AM
A few different ways to look at Sheffield's incident...

#1 - I totally support how he handled it... He got hit in the lip, but didn't jump into the crowd, as it would have been easy to do....

#2 - BUT, the guy who swiped his hand wasn't even looking at Sheffield !! Watch it closely, he's totally looking away, and making the scooping motion as if he wanted to pick the ball up.... Not saying he's not at fault here, just making that point.... I think it was completely accidental that he hit him in the lip, not at all on purpose...

#3 - What about the dude that tossed the beer on Sheff ?? He got off scott free....

Dave's PA Rental
04-15-2005, 05:21 PM
I havent seen a replay that shows actual contact. And I havent seen a replay that shows anyone intentionally throwing a beer on him...I saw the two broads in the front row recoil in fear and knock a beer over onto Shef...

Now I think the idiot fan got what he deserved...when you are in the front row and the ball is bouncing around right beneath you, you have to know that Sheffield is going to be there to field it...you have to be in control of your actions, and take responsibility for them as well. He was definately making a scooping motion as if he wanted to pick the ball up, but he interfered with Sheffield whether he made contact or not.

Shef over-reacted and should be suspended. But no homer Yankee fan would ever admit that they were both wrong...

Dave's PA Rental
04-15-2005, 05:33 PM
I stand corrected...just saw on PTI that guy DID throw the beer...what an asshole, he should be banned from EVER attending a baseball game ANYWHERE...

Bob_R
04-16-2005, 09:35 AM
BALTIMORE - While Major League Baseball officials, in cooperation with the Red Sox, investigate the incident involving a Boston man who made contact with Gary Sheffield during Thursday night's game, the Yankees bolstered their argument that Sheffield should not be suspended.

Asked if he'd be surprised if Sheffield served any time for his part in the latest Fenway Park fracas, manager Joe Torre said, "Yeah, I would be."

Yet, Sheffield could be punished for swinging and missing at the fan, identified as Christopher House of Dorchester, Mass.,who was ejected for interfering with play.

MLB jumped into the fray on Friday, as Sheffield met with MLB security chief Kevin Hallinan.

"The police have it," Hallinan said.

However, a Boston Police spokesperson said no arrests were made, none are expected and that the situation is now an internal matter between the Red Sox and MLB.

It's up to MLB discipline czar Bob Watson to assess what, if any, fine or suspension would be levied against Sheffield.

"I can only play baseball," Sheffield said when asked of the possibility of a suspension. "I'm not going to get involved in that."

Hallinan said he expects to present his review of the incident to commissioner Bud Selig by early next week.

"It's in the commissioner's hands," Yankees owner George Steinbrenner offered in a statement, and nothing more.

As of 6 p.m., Friday, Sheffield had not spoken with Boston Police.

Though a Yankee source said Sheffield is weighing whether to press charges against the fan, Sheffield said Friday that he hadn't really thought of it.

Torre said he's seen video of the incident "three or four times" and is convinced the fan meant to take a swipe at Sheffield, who was attempting to field Jason Varitek's triple in the eighth inning of Boston's 8-5 victory.

"He wasn't going for a ball," Torre said of the fan, noting that he did not bend over and reach for the ball with two hands. "He knew what he wanted to do."

Torre said it looked more like a sucker punch. "He was trying to be nonchalant about swinging his arm around," he said.

Sheffield wouldn't use any terms to describe what happened, since he'd been told by MLB officials not to speak on the matter.

"They told me to let them handle it," said Sheffield, who spoke with Yankees general manager Brian Cashman and club president Randy Levine. At the ballpark, Sheffield met with Hallinan, his assistant, and Torre in the manager's office at Camden Yards.

"I've been looking at video all day, talking to a lot of different people," Hallinan said. "I'm still trying to pull everything together."

Sheffield said he hadn't reviewed the tape, and did not seem interested in doing so - even after saying, "You've got to look at the tape [in order to] pass judgment."

On Friday, Sheffield had several opportunities before the game, as the clubhouse TV was tuned to ESPN, with the sound up. But as the network showed replays of the incident, Sheffield never looked up from what he was doing.

At the time of the incident, Sheffield thought his lip was cut, which enraged him.

Before tossing his relay throw, Sheffield attempted to hit back at the fan. Once he threw to the infield, a livid Sheffield said his memory of the Ron Artest incident stopped him from further retaliation.

"I thought Sheff practiced great restraint," Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said, adding that the Fenway security guard who leapt immediately over the 3-foot fence between Sheffield and the fan "deserves to be employee of the month."

The Yankees universally praised Red Sox security, less than two years after Levine railed against Boston's security in the wake of a bullpen brawl during the 2003 playoffs that resulted in charges filed against Yankees Karim Garcia and Jeff Nelson - both of whom eventually agreed to probation and community service.

Though players in the Yankees' bullpen rushed toward the incident, no players went into the stands. During spring training, players are subject to security meetings covering such incidents.

"We're pleased about that," Hallinan said, citing the Yanks' restraint. "Our training was helpful.

Mets first baseman Doug Mientkiewicz, a member of the Red Sox' world championship team last season, defended the Fenway fans.

"It's just something that happened," said Mientkiewicz. "It's something that happened, but the thing is it's not fair if you punish the normal fan. You can't lump two or three morons into everyone else. The fans of Boston are some of the best fans in the world and you can't lump those people in. You don't get much better than Red Sox Nation."

"I thought Sheff did a great job of holding himself back," Mientkiewicz said. "Security did a great job. They can brief us all they want on security and all that stuff, but I thought Sheffield said it great when he said 'it's a baseball game.' What would you do if somebody walked up to you and hit you in the mouth? I think 99.99 percent of the public is going to retaliate. If [Sheffield] retaliates, he faces suspension."

"It's not an isolated incident," Mets pitcher Tom Glavine said. "We've had other incidents. You're walking a tightrope. Everyone is trying to make these ballparks more fan-friendly and get the fans closer to the action, and the flip side of that is that they are closer to the action and they're closer to being able to do other things.

"I don't know what the intention was, whether or not the guy was trying to hit Sheff or go for the ball or what he was trying to do. But you get these ballparks that are like that and fans are on top of the players and you run the risk of something happening. I don't want to say it's a problem yet, but, at the same time, I definitely see the potential for much more to happen more so than for it just going away."

"I don't think I ever got close to diving into the stands," Mets manager Willie Randolph said of his days as a player. "It's a different time. People think they are part of the team, I guess. I don't understand it.

"It's something they have to address, I think," Randolph said. "It's something going back for a couple of years now. The fans feel like they have the right to get involved. I don't understand that, but that's what it's become. But, yeah, security and maybe taking away beers, if you control some of that stuff. ... alcohol is part of what's going on, I'm sure. But, anytime that happens, you need to address it. If you don't address it, it's going to happen more."

Dave's PA Rental
04-16-2005, 11:38 AM
Torre just dropped a few notches in my book...it's obvious that the guy wasnt swinging at Sheffield. He was looking toward home plate.

The guy who threw the beer, however, should be arrested and beaten within an inch of his life...

POJO_Risin
04-16-2005, 11:45 AM
lmfao...I don't think it's as obvious either way as you Dave...either way...and I agree with you about the guy that threw the beer...

and am actually impressed with Sheff after the play...I'd have probably jumped into the stands...lmfao...

Am I the only one that thinks something really bad is going to happen at one of these games very soon?

Va Beach VH Fan
04-16-2005, 11:47 AM
While I do think you're the only one doing a threesome with your two mutts ;) , yeah I agree, it's only a matter of time....

Bob_R
04-17-2005, 09:43 AM
The New York Yankees are close to reaching an agreement with city and state governments to build a new stadium, the Daily News reported Saturday.

Citing unnamed sources, the newspaper reported that lawyers from the city, state and team are completing a "memorandum of understanding" and that an announcement is expected around May 1.

While government and team officials did not comment directly about plans or the pending agreement, the newspaper said they did confirm that they are in the final stages.

"We're working very closely with the city and the state and trying to finalize our current plan," Yankees president Randy Levine told the Daily News. "We expect to announce it in the near future, and we hope to break ground in 2006 and be ready to play in 2009."

The new stadium will be built just north of the existing facility in the Bronx, and is designed to seat 50,800. That's smaller than the current capacity of 57,478, but the new ballpark will have more luxury suites.

The newspaper, citing officials familiar with the plans, reported that the new stadium will be comprised of two separate structures: an exterior wall, designed to replicate the original Yankee Stadium built in 1923, and the interior stadium itself.

The stadium construction will cost approximately $800 million and will be fully paid for by the team. The city and state will spend $300 million to build a new commuter rail station, improve parking, and create parkland along the nearby waterfront.

The new stadium will feature copper lattice work around its roof, much like the 1923 stadium. The new facility will also have expanded retail and concession areas.

Figs
04-17-2005, 12:13 PM
the "new commuter rail station"

For decades, the Hudson Line goes right past the stadium and they've never built even a simple concrete platform there. Guess they could never get all the bribe money together. Only in New York....

Fairwrning
04-17-2005, 01:12 PM
O R I O L E S

"ORIOLESSSSSSSSS"...

sorry man..had to be done..

Igosplut
04-17-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin

Am I the only one that thinks something really bad is going to happen at one of these games very soon?

Sadly enough Poj, I think your right. Either team, when they're in the opposing ballpark are going to believe moreso that the opposing fans will take cheap shots at them. I'm sure Sheffield (and the rest) are more inclined to think that running blindly into a fan (reguardless of his intentions of why he was where he shouldn't be) was an intentional hit, and not that the idiot was just where he shouldn't be. I'm sure it felt like it to him too. Lets just say the guy was just trying to scoop the ball and was not even looking at Sheff. Collision, they Sheff pushes back, the guy tosses the beer because HE saw the other fan not deserving the push, ect, then it escalates from there. It's just a pot, waiting to boil over and any little thing is going to set it off. I just hope these guys can get a grip on it before some of them lose big....

Bob_R
04-17-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by fairwrning
O R I O L E S

"ORIOLESSSSSSSSS"...

sorry man..had to be done..

LOL. :)

Then start an Orioles chatter thread dude. :)

Fairwrning
04-17-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC

then i would be bitching and moaning everyday...i look for the Sox to pass em by the end of April...Yankees my take longer..;)

POJO_Risin
04-17-2005, 02:02 PM
Orioles?

Christ...they aren't even the best regional team now...

;)

Fairwrning
04-17-2005, 02:47 PM
i think its 6-0 now..Tejada has a homer and 4rbi's...SWEEETTT

Fairwrning
04-17-2005, 02:47 PM
oh...and i would love to see the Nationals make the playoffs...

Fairwrning
04-17-2005, 02:48 PM

hell..lets just re-name this one:D

POJO_Risin
04-17-2005, 02:50 PM
I'm Okay with renaming this one...in fact...

Fairwrning
04-17-2005, 02:52 PM
lmao..:baaa:

POJO_Risin
04-17-2005, 02:55 PM
tic...tic...tic...

can't wait for the explosion over this one...lmfao...

Fairwrning
04-17-2005, 03:11 PM
ok..change it back..its a 6-3 game..you are jinximg my boys...;)

POJO_Risin
04-17-2005, 03:13 PM
lmfao...the POJO Jinx...I like it...

Bob_R
04-17-2005, 03:38 PM
Are we having fun yet? :rolleyes:

Fairwrning
04-17-2005, 05:38 PM
BUWHHAAHAA

BALTIMORE (AP) -- George Steinbrenner is tired of waiting for his New York Yankees to get going.

Now he's angry.

Miguel Tejada hit his eighth career grand slam, and the Baltimore Orioles roughed up Kevin Brown and completed a three-game sweep of New York with an 8-4 victory Sunday. The last-place Yankees (4-8) have dropped four straight and eight of 10 overall.

"Enough is enough. I am bitterly disappointed as I'm sure all Yankee fans are by the lack of performance by our team," Steinbrenner said in a statement issued immediately after the game.

"It is unbelievable to me that the highest-paid team in baseball would start the season in such a deep funk. They are not playing like true Yankees. They have the talent to win and they are not winning. I expect Joe Torre, his complete coaching staff and the team to turn this around.

Bob_R
04-17-2005, 06:38 PM
Is playtime over now? Or, should I start spamming the board?

Va Beach VH Fan
04-17-2005, 06:56 PM
LMFAO !!!

I had to do a double-take, that's funny shit....

Va Beach VH Fan
04-17-2005, 06:58 PM
I changed it back bro...

I don't want any Yankee fans to go postal or anything like that....

OH the humanity !!!! :D

POJO_Risin
04-17-2005, 08:34 PM
This thread is just getting started...

EVH...you aren't a spammer!

Are you?

guwapo_rocker
04-19-2005, 09:07 AM
Devil Dish: Bronx bombers bringing bad start
by Mark Saxon published on Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Through the first two weeks of the Major League Baseball season, the New York Yankees "have some 's'planin' to do."

The Bronx Bombers sputter into Tropicana Field this week in a dogfight with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, hoping to avoid the American League East cellar.

After coughing up more than $200 million to field just the second team in MLB history with an All-Star at every position, George Steinbrenner can't be blamed for dusting off the old guillotine.

The Church of Modern Day Yanks is in need of a revival.

The Boss plucked the AL's Most Valuable Player twice in the last four years and gutted the farm system, and then added a touch of class during the off-season, opting to reunite first baseman Tino Martinez with the team that helped him win four rings.

Unfortunately, the Yankees have all the trappings of VH1's "Surreal Life." All Yankees manager Joe Torre needs is a Mini Me in the dugout to complete the spectacle.

Steinbrenner has no one to blame for his dysfunctional family but himself. Instead of building for the future, he has undercut the Yankees like Randy Johnson's mullet.

Bringing back Martinez would have been a step in the right direction if Martinez wasn't being used primarily as a crutch for Jason Giambi, who has struggled in the face of steroid allegations.

Anyone who has seen "Behind the Music" knows how this will end. If Torre takes the fall for the front office's bad pickups, Steinbrenner will have more difficulty replacing him than Van Halen has had replacing David Lee Roth.
Link... (http://www.statepress.com/issues/2005/04/19/sports/devildish/692966)

Carmine
04-19-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
Anyone who has seen "Behind the Music" knows how this will end. If Torre takes the fall for the front office's bad pickups, Steinbrenner will have more difficulty replacing him than Van Halen has had replacing David Lee Roth.
Link... (http://www.statepress.com/issues/2005/04/19/sports/devildish/692966)

GR...thats Fuckin great!! The last sentence here is awesome!:D

Igosplut
04-20-2005, 07:11 AM
I imagine that he's dusting off his ass-kicking shoes this morning....

I paid for teamwork god damnit!!!!!!!!

Carmine
04-20-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Igosplut
I imagine that he's dusting off his ass-kicking shoes this morning....

I paid for teamwork god damnit!!!!!!!!

I hear that man....its getting re-god-damn-diculous!

Figs
04-20-2005, 01:15 PM
He's is and always has been an idiot.

Carmine
04-20-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Figs

Who? Steinbrenner? Love em or hate em, the man demands that the Yanks win! When he retires or passes on, who knows if his boys are gonna want the team AND if they share their dads passion for it? Makes me wonder...

Figs
04-21-2005, 04:03 PM
John Leiber 4-0 2.73.

They paid him over 2 years when they knew he would only pitch one, he comes around at the end of the 04 season, has a nice post season, and they let him go.

Bob_R
04-21-2005, 10:52 PM

Your grammar doesn't qualify you to call anyone an idiot.

But, after all you are 69 years old. :p ;)

Hardrock69
04-22-2005, 12:32 AM
Which is basically what I said on my first post, the Sox see him so often, they probably know how many times he wipes his ass....

I'm too lazy to look up the stats, but aren't his blown saves increasing in the past few years ???

Ummm...especially in the World Series last year....

Yankees got the Big Unit this year...didja know Randy Johnson is a metalhead who has his own home studio and plays drums?

I always wished that Randy and Roger Clemens could be on the same version of the Yankees, but it is not going to happen.

Not only that, but it would be overkill.

I saw the Yankees once when I was a kid, and feel VERY fortunate (Thanks to my uncle R.I.P.).

They are just the most kickass sports franchise of all time in ANY sport. Maybe that is why I like them.

HOWEVER, there is no way to describe how happy I was the Red Sox had an amazing time in the Series last year. It is about fucking time the curse got beat. What a kickass fucking team!

I really do not get bothered when my favorite teams lose. Some peeps get bent out of shape about it.

But I am more interested in seeing a good competition between two teams. Therefore, I hardly watch regular season Yankees games. I only get really serious about watching them towards September-October (if they are gonna be in the playoffs, otherwise I ignore them) when the competition really heats up in the pennant races..

Just not heavily into sports.

Va Beach VH Fan
04-22-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
I saw the Yankees once when I was a kid, and feel VERY fortunate

I'd have to say the same thing bro...

We pulled into Earle, New Jersey in '00 or so while I was still active duty, and we took a bus to the Port Authority, then the Subway to Yankee Stadium...

Once we got there, all we had to do was go to the press gate, show our ID's, and the guy said, "sit wherever you want fellas"....

Sheeeeeeet, that's all I needed to hear...

Right behind home plate to watch Clemens shut out the Tigers....

Very cool of the Yanks...

Still hate them though.... ;)

POJO_Risin
04-23-2005, 10:55 AM
Yeah...I've been to Yankee Stadium twice...

I saw them on my birthday in 1989...they got spanked 7 or 8-1...and George Brett hit a dinger...

I saw Cleveland play there on a rain date...got lucky touring the East coast baseball in 1998...and Cleveland was there one day...New York won that game...4-2...Cone threw a 4 hitter or some shit like that...a bunch of K's...and Lofton hit a tater that day I think...might have been the only one...

Stillwell
04-23-2005, 11:39 PM
The Yankmees current record:

7-11!!

Oh Thank Heaven

Stillwell
04-23-2005, 11:40 PM
Bronx Romance

Bob_R
04-24-2005, 12:29 PM
Good Lord another asshole from the Links. LOL!

Why do all you non Yankee fans worry about them? Shouldn't you be worrying/thinking/rooting for your own team?

Bob_R
04-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Jared Wright will be out 4-6 weeks.

Figs
04-26-2005, 10:36 PM
A-Rod - 10 RBI's!!

Bob_R
04-27-2005, 08:23 PM
A-Rod - 10 RBI's!!

along with 3 HR's!!

Stillwell
04-27-2005, 09:41 PM
A-Rod - 10 RBI's!!

Fluke!!

Figs
04-28-2005, 11:25 AM
Oh yeah, that's true. When you look at his stats he doesn't have a history of driving in too many runs....

Stillwell
04-28-2005, 09:53 PM
BWAHAHAHA!!!! The Billion Dollar team is about to lose to the California Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

Bob_R
04-29-2005, 07:27 AM
Aren't you a Mets fan linker? Why worry so much about the Yankees?

Stillwell
04-29-2005, 07:45 AM
Aren't you a Mets fan linker? Why worry so much about the Yankees?

If by "LINKER" you meann VH LINKS, well sir I would rather be caught in Richard Simmon's house with my pants down then visit that hole.

Why do I care about the Skanks? I get a special thrill out of watching the entitled get denied. The Yanks being denied another world series is kinda like denying a turd the flush that is its birth right.

Bob_R
04-29-2005, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Stillwell
If by "LINKER" you meann VH LINKS, well sir I would rather be caught in Richard Simmon's house with my pants down then visit that hole.

Why do I care about the Skanks? I get a special thrill out of watching the entitled get denied. The Yanks being denied another world series is kinda like denying a turd the flush that is its birth right.

Funny shit broham. You've got my vote. :)

Stillwell
04-29-2005, 07:56 AM
Funny shit broham. You've got my vote. :)

5 Stars for ya!

tjvhou812
04-29-2005, 09:23 PM
red sox = world champs

Bob_R
04-29-2005, 11:13 PM
Red Sucks = 1 championship in 87 years!

guwapo_rocker
04-30-2005, 04:22 PM
Jays just tied it 3-3 top of the 8th.

POJO_Risin
04-30-2005, 04:48 PM
Gotta love that Yankee Pen...

guwapo_rocker
04-30-2005, 04:53 PM
Damn...shit shit shit...Yankees win. It's okay it was our worst

pitcher today and it was still close.

Figs
05-05-2005, 09:26 AM
remain calm!!

all is well!!!

Carmine
05-05-2005, 09:34 AM
remain calm!!

all is well!!!

Then why is my blood pressure up, my hair falling out, I'm up to 3 packs a day and there no JD left in my house?:confused:

Dave's PA Rental
05-07-2005, 09:39 PM
Wow, I havent been around in a while and this thread almost drops off the first page...

You guys know that this is George's fault, right?

Carmine
05-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Well, well...It was a VERY GOOD weekend here in Yankee land, I sayyyyyyyyy!!

2 shutouts, and were rollin...

Carmine
05-10-2005, 02:14 PM
3 in a row!

Were rollin now...

errrrrrrr at least it's cool!

Bob_R
05-10-2005, 11:00 PM
4 in a row Carmine!!!! :)

Carmine
05-11-2005, 09:17 AM
4 in a row Carmine!!!! :)

"oooooooh baby...we ain't even inta 2nd gear yet!!"

:D

Carmine
05-11-2005, 09:17 AM
LMAO!!!

1918-2004-2090!

LMAO!!!

sethfle
05-11-2005, 05:09 PM
Now, now, easy, Carmine.

Bob_R
05-11-2005, 10:09 PM
How sweep it is!

Yanks sweep Mariners.

Figs
05-11-2005, 11:10 PM
Cool to see Tino smashing the ball...

Carmine
05-13-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by sethfle
Now, now, easy, Carmine.

Sorry Homey!

What the hell, 5 stars for the Sox fan!!:D

Bob_R
05-16-2005, 07:39 AM
Eight in a row!!!! :bananna: :)

Carmine
05-16-2005, 08:48 AM
Eight in a row!!!! :bananna: :)

Dare I sayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, ON FIRE!!:cool:

Bob_R
05-17-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
Dare I sayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, ON FIRE!!:cool:

Nine in a row!!!!

:cool:

Carmine
05-18-2005, 12:37 PM
Nine in a row!!!!

:cool:

C'mon ride the train...let's ride it!

10 baby!! :killer:

Sammy Who??
05-20-2005, 08:01 PM
yanks vs. mets this weekend.

POJO_Risin
05-20-2005, 08:04 PM
Fucking interleague ball...you just have to fucking hate it...

Sammy Who??
05-20-2005, 08:07 PM
it does kind of suck. but my girlfriends husband is working the night shift. so that means that he leaves for work and then i fuck his wife.

Figs
05-21-2005, 09:48 AM
Fucking interleague ball...you just have to fucking hate it...

I'm against it as well

Bob_R
05-23-2005, 10:53 AM
Well the Yanks took 2 of 3 from the Mets. The Yanks are now 12-2 in their last 14.

Figs
05-23-2005, 08:54 PM
NY Yankees Mustang

Video:
http://www.muscularmustangs.com/picsvids.php

Bob_R
05-25-2005, 10:52 AM
The Yanks spanked the Tigers last night and are 13-2 in their last 15 games.

2 more HR's for A-Rod giving him a MLB leading 16.

I'd say A-Rod hits Ledezma pretty well:

Both of A-Rod's home runs came off Ledezma, giving him four homers in four career at-bats against the left-hander.

Carmine
05-26-2005, 10:19 AM
The Yanks spanked the Tigers last night and are 13-2 in their last 15 games.

2 more HR's for A-Rod giving him a MLB leading 16.

I'd say A-Rod hits Ledezma pretty well:

Both of A-Rod's home runs came off Ledezma, giving him four homers in four career at-bats against the left-hander.

Yah beat me to that post EVH...A-Rod is on fiyah!

1/2 game behind those Red Sox as of today...and the weekend is almost here!

Figs
05-26-2005, 10:39 AM
I bet you fellas are happy with Wang so far. Do you think Wang can keep this up for a long time? Or do you think eventually the Yanks will insert Wang back into the minors?

Bob_R
05-26-2005, 10:40 AM
What a catch by Jeter!!!!!!

Yankees win again! 14-2 for a .875 clip over their last 16 games!

Go Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carmine
05-26-2005, 10:45 AM
happy Wang keep this up for a long time? insert Wang back in

Pretty good so far, Figs. I think Wang will hang around.

Figs
05-26-2005, 10:49 AM
Yeah, decent so far. More than you can hope for from an emergency fix from the minors.

Carmine
05-26-2005, 10:53 AM
Yeah, decent so far. More than you can hope for from an emergency fix from the minors.

Yep.

Bob_R
05-27-2005, 11:06 AM
The Yankees are "On Fire" :bananna: :killer:

Carmine
05-27-2005, 11:10 AM
The Yankees are "On Fire" :bananna: :killer:

and just inched ahead of Boston going into tonight's weekend series!

Nickdfresh
05-27-2005, 09:15 PM
Quite a match tonight, don't you say chaps?

tjvhou812
05-27-2005, 09:37 PM
red sox still ahead?........

lets go red sox:)

Fairwrning
05-27-2005, 09:53 PM
UPDATE!!!!!!
Orioles still in first place.........

Bob_R
05-27-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by fairwrning
UPDATE!!!!!!
Orioles still in first place.........

UPDATE!!!!! Not for much longer. But, I can certainly understand your excitement.

Now, back to the subject of the thread. :D

5 wins in a row, 16 -2 in their last 18. :cool: :)

Bob_R
05-27-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by tjvhou812
red sox still ahead?........

Uh... no! :p :)

tjvhou812
05-27-2005, 11:34 PM
Uh... no! :p :)

2morrow bro....2morrow...game2

sethfle
05-28-2005, 06:25 AM
What a mess by the Sox. Those freakin' BOMBS by Cano and Sheffield. They HAD a chance to win, and squandered it. UGH!!!

Oh well, we'll see what happens on Saturday. Go Sox.

Va Beach VH Fan
05-28-2005, 10:08 AM
You guys need to make sure you give that Sox 3rd base coach a Christmas card this year....

That's Wendell Kim-like....

Bob_R
05-28-2005, 10:54 AM
The Yanks were thinking of calling "do over" but changed their minds.

tjvhou812
05-28-2005, 04:56 PM
the red sox are lating the smack down on the yanks...17-1

its good to be a sox fan:)

Bob_R
05-29-2005, 09:51 AM
Yeah the Yanks took a beating yesterday. Hopefully tonight will be a different story.

Igosplut
05-29-2005, 04:11 PM
Yeah the Yanks took a beating yesterday. Hopefully tonight will be a different story.

Hopefully not..

tjvhou812
05-30-2005, 02:45 AM
sox win again....7-2

Carmine
06-01-2005, 09:06 AM
Hey EVHFanatic:

Why, for as long as I can remember, do the Yanks ALWAYS have trouble with the worst teams in the AL?

Sheeeesh, the Royals...the frikkin Royals.

Bob_R
06-01-2005, 09:13 AM
Hey EVHFanatic:

Why, for as long as I can remember, do the Yanks ALWAYS have trouble with the worst teams in the AL?

Sheeeesh, the Royals...the frikkin Royals.

Don't know bro.

I have a feeling they are going to win big tonight. ** crosses fingers **

Carmine
06-01-2005, 09:27 AM
Don't know bro.

I have a feeling they are going to win big tonight. ** crosses fingers **

I hope so...Randy Johnson is 9-0 against the Royals lifetime so...

BET THE YANKS!!! (Crosses fingers too!) :D

Bob_R
06-03-2005, 07:58 AM
Good Lord the Yanks got swept by KC!

I guess that's why they play the games. You never know.

Carmine
06-03-2005, 08:49 AM
Good Lord the Yanks got swept by KC!

I guess that's why they play the games. You never know.

{ Sigh }

:(

EdwardVanHalen1
06-03-2005, 10:46 AM
:cry2:

the yankees will get back on track

Bob_R
06-03-2005, 11:03 PM
Upset Steinbrenner wants answers

Posted: 10 minutes ago

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Looking for answers after a historic sweep at the hands of the worst team in baseball, an upset George Steinbrenner held a conference call Friday with New York Yankees GM Brian Cashman and manager Joe Torre.

Torre said it has become an increasingly rare occurrence in recent seasons for The Boss to include him in such discussions, but this was a rare situation.
"It's happened a number of times, but not in recent times," Torre said Friday before the Yankees opened a three-game series against the Minnesota Twins. "This was sticking to why we're having a tough time. All of the same questions I ask myself.

"He was unhappy. If I tried to tell you anything other than that, you'd be questioning if I was telling you the truth, and I'm not going to lie to you."

New York (27-26) has lost five games in a row, including an embarrassing three-game sweep by the lowly Kansas City Royals, just the third time in the Yankees' storied history that they've been swept in three games by a team with the worst record in the majors, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

Steinbrenner participated on the call from Florida, with Torre and Cashman in Minneapolis.

Torre and Cashman characterized the call as a "state-of-the-team" discussion and said no decisions were made at the conclusion.

"I didn't feel any better because we were talking about all the bad things that have happened," Torre said. "We talked about individuals and my feeling that the pitching is really the key for us. Why we're not hitting is everybody's mystery. It's something you just have to fight your way out of. We didn't solve anything."

Cashman said he holds regular discussions with Steinbrenner about the team, but agreed it was rare for Torre to be included.

"It was good for him to hear from Joe," Cashman said. "(Steinbrenner) is no less happy than anyone else here."

Particularly Torre, who held a closed-door meeting Wednesday after the $200 million Yankees dropped their second game in a row to the Royals.

Torre said he takes much of the responsibility for the team's recent struggles and was completely befuddled by the veteran group's seemingly fragile confidence.

"I'm accountable," Torre said. "I'm the manager and I'm in charge. This obviously is something that I need to find an answer for. It's up to me to find a way to make this thing start working again."

The demanding Steinbrenner was obviously upset after watching the team with the highest payroll in baseball get swept by a ragtag group of journeymen and youngsters in Kansas City.

"He's put up a lot of money to put this kind of a ballclub in our dugout," Torre said. "This isn't the results that should be accompanying that."

As soon as he heard about the call, Torre knew it wasn't going to be a pleasant conversation. Torre has gotten used to outbursts from Steinbrenner during his 10 years in New York. When the Yankees are winning, their owner wants them to win bigger, and when they are losing, look out.

"It's a long season and George isn't a very patient man and we understand that," Torre said. "In dealing with George, when you lose and you're supposed to be winning, it's not a happy time. But when you win, he's constantly driving you to improve, so the tone doesn't change much."

Torre did say he hoped Steinbrenner, who has a reputation for firing employees in a heartbeat, would exercise a little bit of restraint and keep his staff intact while it tries to right the ship.

"We hope we can continue as far as work-wise," Torre said. "Results-wise, we want to change that."

No timelines were set, no ultimatums issued. Just a stern reminder that the Yankees are held to a higher standard.

"A week ago, we had won 16 of 18 and now we've lost five straight," Cashman said. "Trying to make sense of this tough game of baseball isn't always easy. ... Everyone is doing everything they possibly can to turn things around."

VH LINKS SUCKS
06-04-2005, 10:37 AM
Upset Steinbrenner wants answers

Posted: 10 minutes ago

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Looking for answers after a historic sweep at the hands of the worst team in baseball, an upset George Steinbrenner held a conference call Friday with New York Yankees GM Brian Cashman and manager Joe Torre.

Torre said it has become an increasingly rare occurrence in recent seasons for The Boss to include him in such discussions, but this was a rare situation.
"It's happened a number of times, but not in recent times," Torre said Friday before the Yankees opened a three-game series against the Minnesota Twins. "This was sticking to why we're having a tough time. All of the same questions I ask myself.

"He was unhappy. If I tried to tell you anything other than that, you'd be questioning if I was telling you the truth, and I'm not going to lie to you."

New York (27-26) has lost five games in a row, including an embarrassing three-game sweep by the lowly Kansas City Royals, just the third time in the Yankees' storied history that they've been swept in three games by a team with the worst record in the majors, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

Steinbrenner participated on the call from Florida, with Torre and Cashman in Minneapolis.

Torre and Cashman characterized the call as a "state-of-the-team" discussion and said no decisions were made at the conclusion.

"I didn't feel any better because we were talking about all the bad things that have happened," Torre said. "We talked about individuals and my feeling that the pitching is really the key for us. Why we're not hitting is everybody's mystery. It's something you just have to fight your way out of. We didn't solve anything."

Cashman said he holds regular discussions with Steinbrenner about the team, but agreed it was rare for Torre to be included.

"It was good for him to hear from Joe," Cashman said. "(Steinbrenner) is no less happy than anyone else here."

Particularly Torre, who held a closed-door meeting Wednesday after the $200 million Yankees dropped their second game in a row to the Royals.

Torre said he takes much of the responsibility for the team's recent struggles and was completely befuddled by the veteran group's seemingly fragile confidence.

"I'm accountable," Torre said. "I'm the manager and I'm in charge. This obviously is something that I need to find an answer for. It's up to me to find a way to make this thing start working again."

The demanding Steinbrenner was obviously upset after watching the team with the highest payroll in baseball get swept by a ragtag group of journeymen and youngsters in Kansas City.

"He's put up a lot of money to put this kind of a ballclub in our dugout," Torre said. "This isn't the results that should be accompanying that."

As soon as he heard about the call, Torre knew it wasn't going to be a pleasant conversation. Torre has gotten used to outbursts from Steinbrenner during his 10 years in New York. When the Yankees are winning, their owner wants them to win bigger, and when they are losing, look out.

"It's a long season and George isn't a very patient man and we understand that," Torre said. "In dealing with George, when you lose and you're supposed to be winning, it's not a happy time. But when you win, he's constantly driving you to improve, so the tone doesn't change much."

Torre did say he hoped Steinbrenner, who has a reputation for firing employees in a heartbeat, would exercise a little bit of restraint and keep his staff intact while it tries to right the ship.

"We hope we can continue as far as work-wise," Torre said. "Results-wise, we want to change that."

No timelines were set, no ultimatums issued. Just a stern reminder that the Yankees are held to a higher standard.

"A week ago, we had won 16 of 18 and now we've lost five straight," Cashman said. "Trying to make sense of this tough game of baseball isn't always easy. ... Everyone is doing everything they possibly can to turn things around."

The question is;

Who will be the first one FIRED!:eek:

POJO_Risin
06-04-2005, 11:43 AM
Who cares...fire them all for all I fucking care...there isn't a manager in baseball who can get this team to win consistently...they'll have their streaks of course...they have a ton of talent...but no comparisons to the Yankees of the late 90's...

POJO_Risin
06-04-2005, 11:44 AM
This team is going to confound the true Yankee fans residing in the Bronx...and the surrounding areas...

VH LINKS SUCKS
06-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Who cares...fire them all for all I fucking care...there isn't a manager in baseball who can get this team to win consistently...they'll have their streaks of course...they have a ton of talent...but no comparisons to the Yankees of the late 90's...

I couldn't agree with you more!

There is no comparison to the leadership and consistency this team had in the early 90's and the squad was basically younger and leaders like O'Neil and Bernie and Tino, Mo, kept Jeter and the rest in tack.

They won as a team and the same group of guys built a chemistry that was second to none! There are some Yankee players now that do not understand the pride and hardwork of being a Yankee!

This team has no comparison whatsoever to those great Yankee teams of the 90's.

POJO_Risin
06-04-2005, 04:09 PM
AND THERe is no youth...

nearly every good team has a solid veteran nucleus...

and 3 or 4 sparkplug younger guys...with one of those 3 or 4 being a star...

The Yanks have no youth...

If I were a Yank fan...I'd really be worried about the next 10 years...

POJO_Risin
06-04-2005, 04:10 PM
I know...most Yanks fans will say we'll just buy the players we need...

but I think it's damn evident that EVERY one of the Yankee world titles were more directly a result of Yankee farmhands...than recruits...

mostly...

VH LINKS SUCKS
06-04-2005, 04:12 PM
AND THERe is no youth...

nearly every good team has a solid veteran nucleus...

and 3 or 4 sparkplug younger guys...with one of those 3 or 4 being a star...

The Yanks have no youth...

If I were a Yank fan...I'd really be worried about the next 10 years...

They've basically used up all their prospects for some players that are past their prime or close to it!

As a fan I know George will always go out and get players from teams that cannot afford their contracts but as far as trade bait now, it'll be a long time coming before the Yanks get youth in return unless a team is desperate themselves for brining in a household name to sell tickets!

POJO_Risin
06-04-2005, 04:17 PM
I'm not talking about trade bait...

I'm talking about players that come up through your system....and make it...

Bernie...Jeter...Pettitte...Posada...

the heart of your team...

then you go out and sign winners...guys that know how to win...but don't have egos...Tino Martinez...Scott Brosius...

and throw in superstars...like the pitchers they've signed...

but you almost never have a team win a title without not just home grown talent...but players that are GOOD from your system...

Bob_R
06-04-2005, 04:58 PM
Why does the thread title keep getting changed?

I mean what the fuck!

Is there any fucking integrity here?

Where were all the (jealous, envious) Yankee haters when they were on a 16-2 roll? LOL!!

POJO_Risin
06-04-2005, 05:05 PM
No fucking integrity at all...

POJO_Risin
06-04-2005, 05:06 PM
And no problem here jumping on the Yankeehater wagon when they are getting swept by the worst team in baseball...

and losing 6 in a row...

POJO_Risin
06-04-2005, 05:07 PM
Don't worry Mr. Integrity...

the name of the thread will get changed back eventually...

Bob_R
06-04-2005, 06:45 PM
Well at least you called me Mister!

POJO_Risin
06-04-2005, 06:48 PM
Look...nobody ever said I wasn't polite...;)

that's a like...lmfao...

Figs
06-04-2005, 07:03 PM
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- George Steinbrenner feels his Yankees are letting down New York and hinted changes could be coming unless the team starts winning.

The Yankees owner confirmed his discussion with manager Joe Torre and general manager Brian Cashman and said Saturday it was up to the two of them to solve the problem, ominously adding a ``right now'' to the end of his remarks.

Steinbrenner held the conference call with Torre, Cashman and team president Randy Levine on Friday, after his team was swept by the Kansas City Royals, the club with the worst record in the major leagues. The undermanned Minnesota Twins then handed the Yankees their sixth straight loss, their longest losing streak since dropping seven in a row in September and October 2000. That year, they recovered to win the World Series.

``Steinbrenner, through me, confirmed the discussion that he had with Joe Torre and Brian Cashman and Randy Levine yesterday,'' Steinbrenner spokesman Howard Rubenstein said Saturday. ``George offered to do anything they needed to get back on winning ways. Torre said, `You've given us everything we need. We don't need anything more. It's up to the two of us to win.'

``George was very concerned. He didn't show anger, but his fighting spirit is there, and he wants to win for New York fans. He feels we're letting them down, but it's really in Torre's and Cashman's hands right now.''

If these Yankees don't get things turned around -- and fast -- drastic changes could be ahead.

``It's a long season and George isn't a very patient man and we understand that,'' Torre said after the loss Friday. ``In dealing with George, when you lose and you're supposed to be winning, it's not a happy time. But when you win, he's constantly driving you to improve, so the tone doesn't change much.''

After losing 6-3 to Minnesota on Friday night, New York is 27-27 -- thanks in part to an embarrassing three-game sweep this week by the Royals, just the third time in the Yankees' storied history that they've been swept three games by a team with the worst record in the majors, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

That prompted Steinbrenner to request the conference call, which Torre and Cashman characterized as a ``state-of-the-team'' discussion. Both said no decisions were made during the call.

``It was just a conference call to talk about the team,'' Cashman said. ``That's all it was.''

But Torre made no secret that Steinbrenner is unhappy. The Yankees are, after all, losing to far less talented teams, at least on paper.

The Royals are a ragtag group of journeymen and youngsters, most of whom belong in the minor leagues.

And the Twins were playing without their two best hitters -- Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau. That didn't stop them from piling up 11 hits, including two homers off starter Mike Mussina.

``You have to beat the teams you are supposed to beat,'' Cashman said. ``It's tougher to accept than what took place during the Boston series.''

The Yankees' losing streak started last Saturday in Game 2 of a three-game series against the defending World Series champions. The 17-1 drubbing ended a string of 16 wins in 18 games.

``It's been tough,'' catcher Jorge Posada said. ``We got in a cold stretch, and then we got hot, and we're back at it again. We can't let down. We can't really look down. We just have to keep looking forward and just fight.''

The Yankees have shown very little fight in the last week.

Torre attributed the malaise to a crumbling confidence, something that puzzles him in a clubhouse filled with high-priced, cocksure veterans.

``There's no question it's surprising,'' Torre said. ``The thing that we can't get away from is that this game is played by human beings. As much as we like to live with the statistics and what people should be doing, it's still a matter of having to breathe and eat and sleep and all that stuff.

``If we're expected to contend, we're going to have to control that a little better, no question.''

Torre has put much of the blame on the Yankees' rotation, which has not been anywhere near the dominant levels it reached during their World Series runs.

``It's tough to put your finger on any one thing,'' Torre said. ``I always point toward starting pitching because that really seems to key everything else we do.''

That was the case on Friday night. Mussina started strong, retiring eight of his first 10 batters as the Yankees jumped out to a 3-0 lead. But he gave up two runs in the fourth and three in the fifth, and New York managed just two hits in the final six innings of yet another loss.

``We got a lead and he pitched very effectively early,'' Torre said. ``And then it just fell apart for us, basically.''

Everything is falling apart for the Yankees right now. Just how much longer Steinbrenner will give Cashman, Torre and the rest of the team to right the ship is anyone's guess.

``He's put up a lot of money to put this kind of a ballclub in our dugout,'' Torre said. ``This isn't the results that should be accompanying that.''

Figs
06-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Are they a playoff team? Right now it looks like the east might not get a wild card....

POJO_Risin
06-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Jesus Christ...is anyone as sick of this as I am?

Talk about a fucking ego...

and look at fucking Torre...taking the hits...

and half the guys on the team he doesn't want any part of...

Bob_R
06-04-2005, 07:26 PM
I'm watching the Yankee game tonight in my Yankees boxer shorts.

Seriously. My wife got 'em for me.

POJO_Risin
06-04-2005, 07:28 PM
Yo...EVH...you're a Yank fan...aren't you sick of Steinbrenner?

Bob_R
06-04-2005, 07:36 PM
To be honest with ya. I respect him more now than I did in the 70's/80's when he was a total madman. Granted we all mellow with age but he has calmed down considerably.

I think he is a good businessman that wants to see a return on his investment. He will do what's the best for the Yanks and that makes the players and the fans feel good.

I think everyone and anyone would want and appreciate an owner like that.

superdave
06-04-2005, 07:38 PM
The Yankees suck -- bottom line -- the most overrated team in pro sports

POJO_Risin
06-04-2005, 07:45 PM
To be honest with ya. I respect him more now than I did in the 70's/80's when he was a total madman. Granted we all mellow with age but he has calmed down considerably.

I think he is a good businessman that wants to see a return on his investment. He will do what's the best for the Yanks and that makes the players and the fans feel good.

I think everyone and anyone would want and appreciate an owner like that.

agreed that he's calmed down considerable...

I wouldn't mind an owner who goes out and gets players...but judas priest...

does the fucker have to go to the papers every other week?

It's mind numbing...

Figs
06-04-2005, 08:29 PM
I'm sick of him. I think the only reason he kept his mouth shut was that they barely faltered for five or so years. And as soon as things started to go bad you see his old self creeping back. Believe me, he would have went nuts if the Mets won in 2000, and it could have happened, not likely, but possible.

POJO_Risin
06-04-2005, 08:35 PM
I AM curious though...I wonder if Yankee fans THINK they should can Cashman and Torre...and go in a new direction...

this "slump" of there's is like 5 years of 2nd division for most teams...

I am curious at what the real Yank fans feel about this shit...

Bob_R
06-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by superdave
The Yankees suck -- bottom line -- the most overrated team in pro sports

Oh yeah definetly. :rolleyes:

The bottom line is that you're an idiot.

Now get out of this thread and go into one in which you know what the fuck you're talking about.

Figs
06-04-2005, 08:49 PM
If it were my decision, I'd never can Torre unless it looked like senility was setting in. He obviously knows what he's doing and has the right temprement for the NY Press/Steinbrenner bullshit.

I was mad at the time they hired him after losing Showalter. But when he benched Kenny Rogers right after signing a big contract I was impressed that he wasn't going to manage by looking at the payroll. I thought Showalter was a little guilty of that in regards to Danny Tartabull who he would never drop in the order, or bench, no matter how bad he got.

Cashman I wouldn't care about either way. I think he is more of a Big Stein puppet. I think it was Gene Michael who made the good scouting decisions that put the core of the team togethet, and Bob Watson made some good moves, like Torre.

Bob_R
06-04-2005, 08:50 PM
I AM curious though...I wonder if Yankee fans THINK they should can Cashman and Torre...and go in a new direction...

this "slump" of there's is like 5 years of 2nd division for most teams...

I am curious at what the real Yank fans feel about this shit...

I wouldn't dump Torre. I'd give him the whole season to right the ship. He deserves that much.

Maybe they should dump Cashman for a veteran/older/seasoned GM?

What would you do broham? The veteran players have high salaries obviously. Dump them while they're stock is high? It's definetly an avenue they could go down.

POJO_Risin
06-04-2005, 08:52 PM
What the fuck happened to Michael...did he die?

and Watson had to much of an opinion...

I'm curious about Cashman...would be interesting to see him go to another team...see if he's any good...or just led around with Steiney's hand up his heiney...

POJO_Risin
06-04-2005, 08:56 PM
I don't know EVH...

I'd probably bump Torre up to GM...and give him the keys...

fire Mattingly...and hire Girhardi as manager...

Move Bernie up to assistant GM...Torre would demand to keep some of the old guard...

waive Giambi...

trade some of the stars for some youth...but try and keep some of the key players...

but I'd definately try and keep Torre in the house...but it's time to get rid of the elders...some of them...

you know...when do you ask yourself this...are the Yankees problems deals? Or are they Torre's inablility to let go of the players he feels responsible for?

Figs
06-04-2005, 09:09 PM
It might be a little early to talk about dumping players. I can barely remember them ever dumping a player. Maybe Ricky Henderson for Plunk, Caderet, and someone else - but that was because they knew he wouldn't re-sign with them.

Bernie's locked up and not worth his salary; who would have predicted Giambi's breakdown, other people use steroids I think; Moose has dropped off; Johnson is fun to bring in, but a gamble at 41 that's not paid off so far; Kevin Brown, WTF....

A bad series against a bad team doen't mean the season's over. Big Stein shouldn't say the team is letting NY down as if they aren't giving their all.

Dave's PA Rental
06-04-2005, 09:13 PM
I don't know EVH...

I'd probably bump Torre up to GM...and give him the keys...

Wow. What in Joe Torre's career makes you think he would be a good GM?...

He's friggin KC Jones of MLB...just put 'em out there and let 'em play...

Bob_R
06-04-2005, 10:22 PM
Well the losing streak is over. Rivera set the Twins down 1,2,3 in the tenth.

I guess I'll keep wearing my Yankees boxer shorts for awhile. :D

POJO_Risin
06-05-2005, 12:47 PM
It would be a PR ploy by Steiney...like hiring Billy Martin 6 times in 10 years...and Torre would want to do it to take care of his players...

I'm not saying he'd be good...but I wouldn't compare him to KC Jones either...

lets not forget that before Torre...the Yanks didn't do shit for over 10 years...

Bob_R
06-05-2005, 07:40 PM
lets not forget that before Torre...the Yanks didn't do shit for over 10 years...

Well the early 90's were lean. The Yankees in the 80's won more games than any team in baseball. There were no wildcards then.

Ironically, the curse is over because of the wildcard. In the good ole days Boston doesn't even make the playoffs last year. :)

tjvhou812
06-05-2005, 10:16 PM
yanks lose, sox win

Bob_R
06-08-2005, 10:41 PM
Yanks beating the shit out of the Brewers 10-3!

Bob_R
06-09-2005, 07:22 AM
Yankees win 12-3! :)

Bob_R
06-09-2005, 10:35 AM
Is fun time over Pojo my friend?

Ya think we can put the proper title of the thread back?

Carmine
06-09-2005, 03:02 PM
Yankees win 12-3! :)

A-Rod's 400th, Tino and Torre ejected, Moose looked sharp, the bats were alive!!

Goddamn, they looked like the YANKEES, finally!!

Sammy Who??
06-11-2005, 11:04 PM
the big unit took care of busness today. yaNKS Pound the red birds 5 zip

MAX
06-11-2005, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Sammy Who??
the big unit took care of busness today. yaNKS Pound the red birds 5 zip

Kissing ass again you pussy?

Va Beach VH Fan
06-12-2005, 10:53 AM
Who'd have thunk it...

The Buccos will come to New Yawk Tuesday with a better record than that Yankees....

Wells, Redman, and Perez to pitch during the series...

POJO_Risin
06-12-2005, 01:03 PM
I got on to put the regular title back...and some pussy had already done it...

Va Beach VH Fan
06-12-2005, 03:46 PM
I'm a kind-hearted individual, what can I say... ;)

Bob_R
06-12-2005, 10:26 PM
Here come the Buccos! :D

Va Beach VH Fan
06-13-2005, 10:33 AM
I gotta bad feeling....

I think they're going to be awestruck, and might get swept....

Just a feeling....

And that includes the weekend series at Fenway as well.....

Va Beach VH Fan
06-14-2005, 09:57 PM
I gotta bad feeling....

I think they're going to be awestruck, and might get swept....

Just a feeling....

I hate it when I'm right...

Completely overwhelmed....

They better wake the fuck up from la-la land or they won't win a game the rest of the week....

guitarboy5150
06-14-2005, 10:01 PM
Yankees to announce $800 million ballpark

NEW YORK (AP) -- The New York Yankees will announce detailed plans Wednesday for a new $800 million ballpark, which would be built adjacent to the current Yankee Stadium and could be ready by the 2009 season.

The team has spent years planning the new stadium, which will have a capacity of at least 50,800 -- approximately 6,000 seats fewer than the current ballpark -- but could be expanded to about 54,000. It would be constructed in Macombs Dam Park, to the north of the current stadium, and financed by the team.

Yankee Stadium, which opened in 1923, is the third-oldest park in use in the major leagues, younger only than Boston's Fenway Park (1912) and Chicago's Wrigley Field (1914). Yankee Stadium was renovated extensively in 1974-75, but the team has long desired a modern ballpark with more luxury suites and wider concourses.

The stadium plan calls for the new ballpark to resemble the original Yankee Stadium in many of its details, and the dimensions of the playing field would be identical to the current ballpark. It would have 50-60 suites, up from 18 in the current stadium.

Yankees owner George Steinbrenner, New York Gov. George Pataki and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg planned to attend a Wednesday news conference announcing the stadium, Steinbrenner spokesman Howard Rubenstein said. The Yankees hope to start construction in 2006 and move into the new ballpark in 2009, an ambitious timetable that given the delays that frequently occur in construction in New York.

Approval from the state Legislature and the City Council is necessary. The state would contribute about $70 million to increase parking from 7,000 spaces to 11,000, and the city would replace the lost parkland as part of the deal. A new commuter train station and expanded ferry terminal also is part of the plan.

Just last weekend, the city and the Mets announced plans for a new $600 million ballpark next to Shea Stadium. That facility would be used for the 2012 Olympics the International Olympic Committee votes July 6 to award the event to New York.

That plan was drawn up after last week's collapse of the proposal to build a retractable-roof stadium in Manhattan for the NFL's Jets and the Olympics.

The Yankees and New York City's government agreed several weeks ago to a memorandum of understanding for the new Bronx ballpark. The team will pay for the stadium on its own, and the cost of paying off the bonds used to raise the money will be deducted from the Yankees' locally generated revenue. That will lower the Yankees' revenue sharing payments to the commissioner's office.

doesnt anyone think that the yankees should use there money on something better than a new ballpark?

Bob_R
06-15-2005, 10:52 PM
I don't know how to feel about a 'new' Yankee Stadium. That place is a shrine. But, I can understand the need for more luxury boxes and parking. I understand they may leave the field intact as a museum.

Bob_R
06-15-2005, 10:55 PM
The Yankees are back at .500 (32-32). They have won the first two games of the series vs. the Pirates.

I'm very impressed with the Pirates infield. They turn doubleplays just as good as anyone. Very solid up the middle. The 3rd baseman (can't recall his name right now) is no slouch either.

Va Beach VH Fan
06-16-2005, 08:22 AM
The Yanks get a gift call on what should have been the 4th double play of the game in the 9th, what should have ended the game....

But of course, the call goes against the Buccos...

And of course, eventually, it bites them in the ass....

As Mesa absolutely GROOVES one to Giambi...

I'll be one happy guy when they trade that has-been closer....

Juice or no juice, Giambi tatered that ball, deep in the upper deck....

POJO_Risin
06-16-2005, 11:01 AM
I like the idea of the Yanks getting a new stadium...

I hate the Yanks...but they are the prestige team of baseball...and love the idea of a stadium that has the GOOD parts of the Yank stadium after 1974...along with the stuff that should still be there from the original construction...

There are many things that are going to get moved right over...from the old field to the new field...

I do...question the 800 million dollar price tag though...

Bob_R
06-16-2005, 06:23 PM
The Yanks get a gift call on what should have been the 4th double play of the game in the 9th, what should have ended the game....

I watched the game with my wife and son and they showed the replay a few times. He (Sheffield) was indeed out. It was close but he was out.

Va Beach VH Fan
06-16-2005, 07:35 PM
I watched the game with my wife and son and they showed the replay a few times. He (Sheffield) was indeed out. It was close but he was out.

That's OK bro, us small market fans are used to it....

Bob_R
06-18-2005, 06:51 PM
5 in a row baybeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! :)

Bob_R
06-19-2005, 07:25 PM
http://www.madlantern.com/clipart/clips/construction/broom.gif

Warham
06-20-2005, 06:57 AM
The Yanks really took it to my team this weekend.

The way it looks right now, the only thing I'm going to be rooting for this year is Derrek Lee getting the triple crown.

Figs
06-20-2005, 10:22 AM
I do...question the 800 million dollar price tag though...

Hey, it's NY. Everything's expensive, everthing is overly litigated, plenty of bribes to be handed out, and what not. (cough..corruption...cough)

It sounds like a great project. I hope they finally put a Metro North stop there, the fucking train only comes within 100 yards of the stadium for Christ's sake - which is a good example of NY red tape and $$$$. The old style facade sounds great. I'm sure ticket prices will not be so great....

Bob_R
06-21-2005, 12:19 PM
The D-Rays broke the Yankees 6 game winning streak last night. Fossum pitched a masterful game for them.

Matsui remains on fire and was named Player of the Week.

Bob_R
06-22-2005, 07:36 AM
What a fuckin' game. The Yanks scored 13 runs in the 8th inning to win 20-11. They once trailed 10-2 in this one. They hit back to back to back HR's in the 8th.

Piniella left the kid out to dry in the 8th. His ERA for that inning was 121.74 I believe.

Va Beach VH Fan
06-22-2005, 10:33 AM
Of course, you could look at it that Johnson got rocked by the Devil Rays....

Bob_R
06-22-2005, 08:37 PM
Of course, you could look at it that Johnson got rocked by the Devil Rays....

Nah. If he pitched well and the Yanks lost everyone would say that they lost anyway. In this instance they won anyway.

Nice spin huh bro? :)

Bob_R
06-24-2005, 10:26 AM
Jesus Christ the Yankees play like shit against the Devil Rays. :mad: :( :confused:

Dave's PA Rental
06-25-2005, 10:41 PM
Somebody put a fork in Bernie Williams...

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/NYMK10406250156.jpeg

Bob_R
06-28-2005, 11:01 AM
The Yankees are playing nowhere near their potential and yet they are only 5 1/2 games behind the Red Sucks.

Bob_R
06-28-2005, 02:02 PM
Steinbrenner: 'My patience is a little short'
_
NEW YORK (AP) - George Steinbrenner is growing impatient, a sign that changes are ahead for the New York Yankees.

It took a dramatic ninth-inning comeback Sunday to avoid getting swept by the New York Mets at Yankee Stadium, and even with Monday's 6-4 win at Baltimore the Yankees are 5 1/2 games behind first-place Boston in the AL East.

Team executives are due in Tampa, Fla., on Tuesday for meetings with the Boss that could be a prelude to trades aimed at improving poor pitching and disastrous defense.

"My patience is a little short by the fact that the team is not performing up to its great capabilities," Steinbrenner said in a statement issued by spokesman Howard Rubenstein. "The players have to want to win as much as I do."

Rubenstein said the Yankees owner dictated the statement to him while lifting weights. Steinbrenner wouldn't discuss the substance of the meetings.

"He hasn't lost his fighting spirit," Rubenstein said. "He said, 'We'll never give up.' He wants this message to be conveyed."

Manager Joe Torre got the message, and responded in the visitors' dugout at Camden Yards late Monday afternoon.

"It's been a roller-coaster. The team is frustrated. I'm frustrated," Torre said. "We'd be concerned if he was happy at this point. The players certainly aren't happy. We want to win.

"As the Boss, he can certainly say whatever he wants. We just have to play better baseball."

A team that left spring training expecting to dominate has been a sputtering ship that starts, stalls and reverses in repeated cycles. New York began the season 11-19, won 16 of 18, lost 11 of 14, opened a homestand with six straight wins, then lost five of six to Tampa Bay and the Mets before Sunday night.

With the regular season nearly at the halfway mark, the original starting rotation of Randy Johnson (7-5), Mike Mussina (8-5), Carl Pavano (4-6), Kevin Brown (4-6) and Jaret Wright (2-2) is 25-24, and Wright and Brown are on the disabled list.

New York's 4.52 team ERA through Sunday was 10th among the 14 AL teams, and the starters were 24th in the majors with a 4.75 ERA, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. The staff allowed 740 hits, second in the AL behind the Devil Rays.

As for defense, the Yankees had 52 errors, tied with Cleveland for the fourth-most in the major leagues behind Colorado (63), Tampa Bay (61) and Detroit (60).

And at the plate, a sputtering offense stranded a major league-high 606 runners, including 125 at third base.

New York isn't counting on Wright to return this year from his shoulder injury, and Brown's balky back has landed him on the DL twice.

In the outfield, Bernie Williams' poor defense in center caused the Yankees to bring up rookie Kevin Reese on Sunday. With Williams out of the starting lineup following 14 straight starts and Hideki Matsui still bothered by a tender ankle, Reese started in left field in his major league debut and Tony Womack shifted from left to center, where he hadn't started since 1999.

Womack, taking a circuitous route, let Chris Woodward's fly land over his head for a double with two outs in the seventh, starting a rally that led to three unearned runs. Robinson Cano at second and Jason Giambi at first both made errors.

Matsui was played the outfield Monday for the first time since June 12, moving from designated hitter to left field. Womack was again in center, Ruben Sierra started in right and Gary Sheffield was shifted to DH.

For the Yankees to succeed, the Big Unit must become an overwhelming presence, Pavano must pitch better and Giambi (.258, five homers, 22 RBIs) must produce more. The defensive problems are unlikely to be solved unless there is a trade.

"Everybody is taking the hit here as far as emotionally," Torre said.

Even going to out to eat is problematic these days. That's food for thought.

"A lot of people are afraid to talk about it because they think you're so devastated that you don't want to talk about it," Torre said. "It's not until you start saying things that they relax. It's just uncomfortable in a lot of areas."

Pubic Lice
06-28-2005, 07:04 PM
PPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Va Beach VH Fan
06-29-2005, 07:52 AM
I was at the game last night vs. the O's with my son....

I swear half of the crowd of over 47,000 had to be Yankees fans...

I think the Yankees have great fans, but here's my point....

Half of the Yankeee fans you see are the atypical, slickbacked hair, Italian horn on the necklace, etc..... OK, that's understandable...

But the "fans" that piss me off are the ones that are OBVIOUSLY fair-weathered fans from fucking Idaho, or some other far away land....

Good game, O's came back from 4-1 to win it in the 10th, 5-4...

Yankees lose, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, Yankees lose !!!!

Tonight, onto RFK, for the Nationals and my Buccos....

Carmine
06-29-2005, 08:34 AM

Half of the Yankeee fans you see are the atypical, slickbacked hair, Italian horn on the necklace, etc..... OK, that's understandable...

HEY!

I wear a nugget pendant and matching bracelet by the way...:D

Carmine
06-30-2005, 08:39 AM
Sheffield for Cameron??? Did you guys hear this one too? Shef called in to Mike and the Mad Dog yesterday and was HOT about the rumored trade talks!

WTF?

I sure hope not!!

Dave's PA Rental
06-30-2005, 10:40 AM
You get Mike and the Mad Dog in the 'Cuse?...

Even though I am a Boston fan, I used to listen to M&MD every day when I lived in southern Rhode Island...

I even got on the air with them once in the mid 90's...

Carmine
06-30-2005, 10:45 AM
You get Mike and the Mad Dog in the 'Cuse?...

Even though I am a Boston fan, I used to listen to M&MD every day when I lived in southern Rhode Island...

I even got on the air with them once in the mid 90's...

Yo man! Yeah, Its on the Yankees network in the afternoon.

Va Beach VH Fan
06-30-2005, 07:59 PM
HEY!

I wear a nugget pendant and matching bracelet by the way...:D

Hey, I'm allowed, I'm a paisan as well Ragu....

Bob_R
07-01-2005, 10:35 PM
Jesus H. Christ, the Big Unit got spanked around again! :mad:

DLR7884
07-01-2005, 10:40 PM
Jesus H. Christ, the Big Unit got spanked around again! :mad:

$ can't buy you rings...but it can buy you great skybox seats to Fenway for the World Series.

DLR7884
LOL. The Unit sucks this year. :)

Bob_R
07-01-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
$ can't buy you rings...but it can buy you great skybox seats to Fenway for the World Series.

I don't think the Red Sox are going to the World Series this year but
that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. :)

tjvhou812
07-02-2005, 12:52 AM
i dont know bro...but i do think the sox are going to the series

DLR7884
07-02-2005, 01:41 PM
The Yanks won't even make the playoffs.

They cn pull as many trades as they want, but none will be as good as the deal that the Sox are getting:

Schilling coming back.

DLR7884
They don't have to give up a thing.

guitarboy5150
07-02-2005, 01:58 PM
Padres trade May, Redding for Quantrill

The San Diego Padres made a pre-emptive strike to address some bullpen needs by acquiring New York Yankees reliever Paul Quantrill in exchange for struggling pitchers Darrell May and Tim Redding, two San Diego-area papers reported.

Quantrill, who was designated for assignment on Thursday, is expected to be activated upon his arrival on Sunday. Quantrill was 1-0 with a 6.75 ERA in 22 games with the Yankees.

May, a left-hander, was 1-3 with a 6.69 ERA in eight starts for the Padres this season. Redding was 0-5 with an 8.94 ERA in six starts. Both will report to the Yankees' Triple-A club in Columbus, Ohio.

The Padres will also send an unspecified amount of cash in the trade. Quantrill is making $3 million this season plus a $400,000 buyout on an option for next year. May is making $3.2 million, Redding $750,000.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2099342

Va Beach VH Fan
07-02-2005, 04:13 PM
Whew !!!

That's it EVH, start lining up for playoff tickets...

Interesting move, to say the least....

Bob_R
07-02-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
The Yanks won't even make the playoffs.

They cn pull as many trades as they want, but none will be as good as the deal that the Sox are getting:

Schilling coming back.

DLR7884
They don't have to give up a thing.

Never knew you were a Red Sucks fan. :confused:

Bob_R
07-02-2005, 08:16 PM
Whew !!!

That's it EVH, start lining up for playoff tickets...

Interesting move, to say the least....

LOL!

We'll see my friend. All good things must come to an end. They've made the playoffs 10 years in a row and only twice as a wildcard.

DLR7884
07-02-2005, 08:27 PM
Never knew you were a Red Sucks fan. :confused:

I'm not.

I like the O's and Nats.

DLR7884
Just stating the facts though, they are clearly the cream of the crop in the AL East.

Carmine
07-05-2005, 08:32 AM
Hey, I'm allowed, I'm a paisan as well Ragu....

NICE!!!

Sicilian, Roman, Tuscan????

Fairwrning
07-05-2005, 05:31 PM
well..I thought my birds would hold up til the break at least:mad:

fuckin yankees...

Va Beach VH Fan
07-05-2005, 08:14 PM
NICE!!!

Sicilian, Roman, Tuscan????

Romano, specifically Frosinone...

Visited there a couple of times when I was stationed in Italy, brought my father over there, visited where his parents were born....

Treated us like kings !!! Expresso with Crown Royal, yum !!!

Carmine
07-06-2005, 09:14 AM
Romano, specifically Frosinone...

Visited there a couple of times when I was stationed in Italy, brought my father over there, visited where his parents were born....

Treated us like kings !!! Expresso with Crown Royal, yum !!!

Nice! I've never been...YET.

Sicilian here...

Jimdandy
07-06-2005, 09:26 AM
Gooooooooooo White Sox!!!

Carmine
07-06-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Jimdandy

Easy, Jim.

Bob_R
07-06-2005, 09:35 AM

Hi Pabs!

Jimdandy
07-06-2005, 10:12 AM
Sorry abou the Sox stuff. How about Giambi being on fire the last couple of games? Yanks will make the playoffs. Have to with that lineup. Better make a run starting soon, tho.

Carmine
07-06-2005, 10:19 AM
Sorry abou the Sox stuff. How about Giambi being on fire the last couple of games? Yanks will make the playoffs. Have to with that lineup. Better make a run starting soon, tho.

No prob with the Go Sox. They're playing great ball.

The Yanks do need to go on a tear though. I do not think the wildcard is coming out of the AL East this year. They will need to win the Division flat out and that aint gonna be easy this year. Unless, the entire AL landscape changes...its gonna be tough.

Hey, they've won 4 straight...

Bob_R
07-06-2005, 01:54 PM
07/03/2005 7:00 PM ET
A-Rod leads three Yanks to Detroit
Sheffield, Rivera also headed to Midsummer Classic

DETROIT -- Three members of the New York Yankees will return to Comerica Park on July 12, as Alex Rodriguez, Gary Sheffield and Mariano Rivera were selected to the American League All-Star team.

Rodriguez was voted in by the fans, earning his second consecutive start at third base. Sheffield and Rivera were each voted in by players, managers and coaches, earning spots on the team.

"It's very special to represent the Yankees," Rodriguez said. "To represent the American League, especially with the Yankees uniform, it's a big honor."

"I'm glad they were recognized," said manager Joe Torre.

The three players represent the lowest total for the Yankees since 1996, when they also sent three to the game in Philadelphia. That year, Wade Boggs -- like A-Rod -- was elected as the starting third baseman, while Andy Pettitte and John Wetteland were also selected.

New York had eight players at the All-Star Game last year, the most of any year during Torre's tenure as manager.

This marks the eighth time Rodriguez has been elected to start for the AL, his second as a third baseman after six at shortstop. It is his ninth overall All-Star selection. Rodriguez is hitting .319 with 20 home runs and 66 RBIs this season, making a push for the AL's triple crown.

A-Rod also ranks among the AL's league-leaders in runs scored, hits, total bases, slugging percentage, multihit games, extra-base hits and home batting average.

Rodriguez received 3,553,235 votes from fans, finishing more than 2.25 million ahead of Boston's Bill Mueller.

"It's a great honor, no question," A-Rod said. "Especially to be voted by the fans, it's overwhelming. It makes you feel pretty good."

Sheffield will also be making his ninth trip to the Midsummer Classic, his second in two years with the Yankees. Last season, Sheffield became the first player to represent five different clubs at the All-Star Game.

Sheffield is batting .297 with 13 homers and 58 RBIs in 77 games. The right fielder is among the league-leaders in walks, on-base percentage, batting average with runners in scoring position and RBIs.

"I always prepare for a vacation and don't expect to go," Sheffield said. "I just go out and play, and whatever happens, happens. It's an honor. It just means my hard work is paying off."

Sheffield finished fifth in both the fan vote and the player vote, the latter of which earned his selection to the squad.

"That's what keeps me going," Sheffield said. "As long as my peers respect what I do, like the way I play the game and go about my business, it's always good."

Rivera's All-Star selection is his second in a row, and seventh overall. Rivera has not allowed a run in any of his four All-Star appearances, earning the save in the 1997 game in Cleveland.

"I always say it's an honor to be in the All-Star Game, no matter how many times you've been there," Rivera said. "It's great to be picked to represent the American League and the Yankees."

Rivera, who is 4-2 with 18 saves and a 0.85 ERA, blew his first two save opportunities this season, but has converted his last 18 in a row, throwing 22 consecutive scoreless innings. His ERA is the best in the American League among all pitchers with at least 20 innings pitched.

"Mariano is Mariano," said Torre. "He's pretty special."

The All-Star Game, to be held at Detroit's Comerica Park on Tuesday, July 12, at 8 p.m. ET, will be televised nationally by FOX Sports and televised around the world by Major League Baseball International. ESPN Radio will provide exclusive, national radio coverage, while MLB.com will provide extensive online coverage and MLB Radio will provide exclusive play-by-play coverage of the game on the Internet.

NOTE: Since this article was written Rivera's ERA is down to 0.83.

Bob_R
07-07-2005, 10:58 PM
5 wins in a row!

3 1/2 games out of first!

Here we come BoSox! :)

Carmine
07-08-2005, 01:58 PM
5 wins in a row!

3 1/2 games out of first!

Here we come BoSox! :)

:killer:

Bob_R
07-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Torre fucked up today.

The Yanks were trailing 7-3 in the bottom of the eighth. Matsui hit a 3 run homer to make it 7-6. For the top of the ninth he doesn't bring in Rivera. They give up a run to make it 8-6. The Yanks ended up getting a run in the ninth but obviously they fell a run short.

What the fuck gives Joe?

Figs
07-10-2005, 05:04 PM
Cano's double play was a killer. Doesn't he know that if you are going to hit into a double play you should strike out?

Well, they won today...

I would never had thought at the beginning of the season I'd see two rookies in the lineup and one in the rotation....

Carmine
07-11-2005, 09:27 AM
Cano's double play was a killer. Doesn't he know that if you are going to hit into a double play you should strike out?

He should have layed down the bunt on the first pitch! It was right down the middle and a breaking ball at that. Perfect pitch to bunt on. They put the hit and run on on the next pitch, which was 11 feet outside and he swings at it!! Both runners had advanced on the pitch, and he fucking swings and fouls off the pitch!

Granted it was a hit and run call, but god, PAY ATTENTION, Rook!!

Polk High
07-14-2005, 07:24 AM
Thank you Yankees for doing the Mets a favor and releasing Mike Stanton so the Nationals could pick him up.

hahahahahahahaha

Polk High
07-14-2005, 07:25 AM
mets gonna make a run soon

Bob_R
07-14-2005, 10:38 PM
A-Rod clocks a two run dinger versus Schilling and the Yanks win 8-6 to move 1 1/2 games behind Boston.

A-Rod has a chance for the triple crown this year.

Dave's PA Rental
07-14-2005, 10:39 PM
I had a feeling you would make a B-line for this thread...;)

Dave's PA Rental
07-14-2005, 10:41 PM
Must be quite satisfying seeing Schilling get shelled like that...

Dave's PA Rental
07-14-2005, 10:42 PM
probably almost as satisfying as last October 20th was for me...

Dave's PA Rental
07-14-2005, 10:43 PM
and yes, October 20th from now on is a holiday in the Dave's PA Rental household...

Bob_R
07-14-2005, 10:50 PM
Which of the 4 posts you made since I made mine should I reply to first. :D ;)

You guys deserved it last year. No doubt.