PDA

View Full Version : The Market is going Banana's

Jesterstar
04-04-2005, 10:11 AM
The Pope is dead. The MArket is Crashing. They are talking about Oil Barrels as High as 150 dollars a barrel.

What do you think about that.

fryingdutchman
04-04-2005, 10:20 AM
$150 a barrel!

Holy sheeeeiiiit!

What do I think? I think it's time to start seriously shopping for hybrid vehicles.

Jesterstar
04-04-2005, 10:26 AM
I don't disagree but I don't think that even then it's going to change anything.

FORD
04-04-2005, 10:56 AM
I think it's time to forcibly evict the fucking corrupt oil industry thieves from the White House.

Jesterstar
04-04-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by FORD
I think it's time to forcibly evict the fucking corrupt oil industry thieves from the White House.

Yea I can see how the people have much power.

BigBadBrian
04-04-2005, 11:21 AM

Get your guns and meet me in front of the White House gates the day after tomorrow. Don't be late. :gulp:

FORD
04-04-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Get your guns and meet me in front of the White House gates the day after tomorrow. Don't be late. :gulp:

OK. I'll be the guy wearing the George Bush costume. Be sure to tell the Secret Service :D

Jesterstar
04-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Try and keep this thread on topic.

The Market is crashing people.

BigBadBrian
04-04-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Jesterstar

Meet us at the White House Jester. We're using your head as the battering ram. :D

Jesterstar
04-04-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Meet us at the White House Jester. We're using your head as the battering ram. :D

Dude your probablly on a watch list for comments like that. Seriously in this current state of america I wouldn't joke about that.

To the Federal Agents Veiwing this page right now JESTERSTAR has no connection to what these guys are getting at.

FORD
04-04-2005, 12:01 PM
To the Federal Agents viewing this page.... KISS MY MOTHERFUCKING ASS!

Jesterstar
04-04-2005, 12:02 PM
To the Federal Agents viewing this page.... KISS MY MOTHERFUCKING ASS!

That is what everyone says untill they get rained down on. Then you just cry saying you didn't mean it.

Its fact.

Nickdfresh
04-04-2005, 12:44 PM
Or your taxes get audited.

BTW, is there a financial news link for this info?

academic punk
04-04-2005, 12:47 PM

wow..the pope is dead...the market is going crazy...and jesterstar is making demands on others to keep a thread on topic...

it really is the end of the world...

Nickdfresh
04-04-2005, 01:41 PM
This doesn't sound "bannas," though it does sound sort of bad.

__
As oil rises, stocks slide

Major gauges trim losses but remain lower as crude backs off record trading high.
April 4, 2005: 11:53 AM EDT

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Stocks slipped but came off their worst levels of the day near lunchtime Monday -- in tune with oil prices, which rose but backed off new record highs hit in the morning.

The Nasdaq composite (Research) lost about 0.4 percent around 2-1/2 hours into the session.

The Dow Jones industrial average (down 23.58 to 10,380.72, Charts) and the broader Standard & Poor's 500 (down 1.70 to 1,171.22, Charts) index both lost around 0.2 percent.

"The price per barrel of oil is certainly the story of the day, and it's likely to continue to be the driver this week, with so little other news on tap," said Art Hogan, chief market analyst at Jefferies & Co.

Oil jumped to a record trading high of $58.28 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange before pulling back to $57.70, up 43 cents from Friday's record closing high of $57.27.

Worries about inflation and rising oil prices sent stocks tumbling Friday, and have weighed on the market over the last few weeks.

This week brings little in the way of economic news, and no meaningful quarterly earnings until Alcoa, after the bell Wednesday, keeping the focus on oil prices.

ChevronTexaco said Monday that it will buy Unocal in a cash-and-stock deal worth around $16.4 billion. But the deal values Unocal stock below where it closed Friday and investors sold Unocal (down $4.79 to $59.56, Research) stock.

Shares of ChevronTexaco (down $2.13 to $57.18, Research) lost around 4 percent.

Shares of Morgan Stanley (up $0.83 to $57.70, Research) rose 1.5 percent after a British newspaper reported that British-based HSBC Holdings was considering making an offer for the U.S. bank.

But other financials were weaker in response to Fannie Mae (down $3.10 to $50.14, Research). The government-sponsored mortgage company sank about 5 percent after a Wall Street Journal article said regulators are looking into whether the company improperly accounted for the trusts it sets up to issue mortgage-backed securities.

The stock has been under pressure since regulators last year found that the company had violated certain accounting rules, prompting the company to restate several years of earnings.

American International Group (up $0.05 to $51.00, Research) abandoned an early rally, turning flat, even after two brokerages issued bullish notes on the troubled insurer.

Smith Barney Citigroup upgraded AIG to "buy" from "hold" and Morgan Stanley reiterated its "overweight" rating. Both brokerages said that after its recent decline, the stock was a good value. The stock has been hit hard amid ongoing probes of its accounting by the Securities and Exchange Commission and the New York Attorney General's office.

General Motors (down $0.21 to $29.17, Research) announced a management shakeup, giving CEO Rick Wagoner responsibility for North American operations. Shares edged lower on the news.

Market breadth was negative. On the New York Stock Exchange, decliners edged advancers three to two on volume of 640 million shares. On the Nasdaq, losers topped winners two to one on volume of 670 million shares.

Treasury prices edged higher, pushing the yield on the 10-year note to 4.44 percent from 4.45 percent late Friday. Bond prices and yields move in opposite directions.

In currency trading, the dollar rose versus the euro and the yen.

That took a chunk out of gold and other dollar-traded commodities. COMEX gold fell $2.60 to trade at $425.70 an ounce.

In global trade, Asian-Pacific stocks ended mostly lower and European shares fell in late trade. _

vanzilla
04-04-2005, 01:57 PM
$150 a barrel? Those better be nice fucking barrels.

Didn't we just invade a country that had massive amounts of oil?

Oh, that was to "liberate" their people....right.

Or was it WMD's....no, that'd definitely not it.

Seriously though - if we don't start developing a renewable source of energy and trim our unbelievable dependancy on foriegn oil, this is only going to get worse.

I doubt we'll see gas under $2 a gallan again in my lifetime.

Gotta run, the mini-van's running low.

Angel
04-04-2005, 02:22 PM
It's time for us Albertans to have a little chat with King Ralph, our province is debt free, and earning billions $ every month through oil revenues. I think it's time for some rebates and profit sharing! :D

academic punk
04-04-2005, 02:23 PM
Well, VZ, we should get a solid two weeks of oil out of ANWAR. That'll solve the problem. For two weeks.

FORD
04-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Here's some more bad news from the oil world.

Chevron/Texaco is planning to swallow UNOCAL. And as the number of mammoth oil companies decreases, so does any pretense of competition. When these criminal fascist semi-monopolies can set whatever prices they want, which direction do you think those prices are going?

It's time to bring back trustbusting and break up these megacorporate fascists. And no true conservative could disagree with that statement. Because free markets and competition cannot exist under government sanctioned monopolies.

academic punk
04-04-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by vanzilla

Gotta run, the mini-van's running low.

Only a mini-van? Pussy.

I myself drive an eighteen wheeler. Just for the fuck of it. Not like there's anything being cargoed at all. Just 'cause.

Oh, and I work within walking distance from where I live, but you better believe I drive every day for my commute. Christ, I love Big Oil.

Sinverely,
John Getty, the III

I own a mansion and a yacht

vanzilla
04-04-2005, 03:27 PM
The US produces 5 million barrels of oil a day, yet we use 20 million daily.

It's obvious what the solution is. It's amazing how relcutant we are to do it. Sure it will mean uncomfortable sacrifices for everyone. But what's going to happen when the fossil fuel party is over?

All roads lead to Rome.

Greed is killing this country. I'm just as guilty of it as anyone. My wife and I drive an SUV and a minivan.

However, it's well documented that American automakers have the technology to mass produce fuel efficient SUV's and have refused to do so. Why is that? Who's pulling the strings here? You bet your ass there's a market for them!

Ford is just now leading the push with the new Escape Hybrid, but it will be interesting to see how far this goes.

I'm contemplating trading my Axiom in for a Prius.

vanzilla
04-04-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
Only a mini-van? Pussy.

I myself drive an eighteen wheeler. Just for the fuck of it. Not like there's anything being cargoed at all. Just 'cause.

Oh, and I work within walking distance from where I live, but you better believe I drive every day for my commute. Christ, I love Big Oil.

Sinverely,
John Getty, the III

Yeh, I had to trade my Hummer and my Tahoe after my Enron stocks crashed.

My grandmother drives an Excursion.:D

Jesterstar
04-04-2005, 03:31 PM
You know what always bothers me. We have had STEAM ENGINS that ran Trains and Huge Boats..............With the Technology and knowledge we have today. Noone is capable of Perfercting that technology???

I mean really. How much better of a By Product is STEAM than Gas Emmissions???

What happened to the STEAM ENGIN???

academic punk
04-04-2005, 03:32 PM

Ford is just now leading the push with the new Escape Hybrid,

Wow...he's one of the mods, he continually unearths facts regarding the corruption of our current adminsitration, AND he's single-handedly
producing a groundbreaking fuel-efficient automobile?

Verily, FORD is a true renaissance man.

Jesterstar
04-04-2005, 03:36 PM
Wow...he's one of the mods, he continually unearths facts regarding the corruption of our current adminsitration, AND he's single-handedly
producing a groundbreaking fuel-efficient automobile?

Verily, FORD is a true renaissance man.

It's a way to pacify the population. End of story. They aren't really trying to help any situation,

vanzilla
04-04-2005, 03:37 PM
You know what always bothers me. We have had STEAM ENGINS that ran Trains and Huge Boats..............With the Technology and knowledge we have today. Noone is capable of Perfercting that technology???

I mean really. How much better of a By Product is STEAM than Gas Emmissions???

What happened to the STEAM ENGIN???

That's a great point Jester...

I wish I had the answer, but I'm not Bill Nye the Science Guy.

I do however think the hydrogen technology is being over-hyped and has massive limitations.

academic punk
04-04-2005, 03:39 PM
The Steam Engine would be absolute havoc on the environment. Unthinkable. Not a very efficient source of fuel either.

Jesterstar
04-04-2005, 03:48 PM
In what way???

Phil theStalker
04-04-2005, 04:05 PM
The Pope is dead. The MArket is Crashing. They are talking about Oil Barrels as High as 150 dollars a barrel.

What do you think about that.
THE MARKET IS DROPPING LIKE A STONE

I think it's too late, Jesterstar.

I think t2oo many peeps didn't heed my good werds.

If Iran gets bombed in June 2005 as is planned then I'll be outside the city watching all of you sunshine patriots decline int2o tyranny.

I've got mine. And, I was looking at a Browning 1919 just t2oday. I already have the ammo f4or, but not the equipment. I think it was only $2,500. A good investment in these times. You can protect your tribe of people, their lives and logistitcs from an entire gang of thugs with o1ne of these.

When the time comes t2o defend yourself if they see weakness you're done.

:spank:

BROWNING 1919
PROTECT YOUR TRIBE AND FAMILY
The New American Century by PNAC

Phil theStalker
04-04-2005, 04:11 PM
Yeh, you'll be using steam. Just don't forget how it werks.

After the crash you'll have plenty of time to clean out pistons and small motors to run on steam for doing some of your tribe's and your family's work to survive.

Refugees will flood the warmer climates of the southern states in the coming winters of tyranny.

It will be a mess.

If you were going to do anything this would be the time.

Good luck to all of my brothers and sisters.

LoungeMachine
04-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Stocks rebound

After getting in trouble early, stocks pulled off a surprising comeback with all three gauges ending the day in the black. The Nasdaq and the S&P 500 ended up 0.32 percent and 0.27 percent respectively according to early tallies. the Dow was up 0.16 percent. Stocks reacted to lower prices Monday. Oil closed down 26 cents in NY trade. News from the NY AG, Eliot Spitzer, that he sees a possible civil settlement in the AIG probe also boosted the market.

Nickdfresh
04-04-2005, 04:15 PM
Only a mini-van? Pussy.

Sinverely,
John Getty, the III

http://images.usatoday.com/money/_photos/2004/09/13/newtruck.jpg
I can't wait to get one of these "little" babies!:D :p

BTW, I don't think oil was ever in danger of going to $150 a barrel today.

Jesterstar
04-04-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
[img]

Not today. But that was the big Talk on MSN today. They are saying that is how high the barrels are projected to go. Look into it.

vanzilla
04-04-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
http://images.usatoday.com/money/_photos/2004/09/13/newtruck.jpg
I can't wait to get one of these "little" babies!:D :p

Those are the bad ass Ford F-650's. (I think that's the model name). Two players on the Titans (Erron Kinney, Albert Haynesworth) have these. You have to custom order them; cost around 80 grand.
I asked Albert what kind of mileage they get - he told me 11 to the gallon...costs about 90 bucks to fill up. But these guys can afford it pulling in the big NFL coin.

Yeh, I know that oil wasn't going up to $150 a barrel. I think that was Jester's way of exagerrating to make a point.

And Nick - the new avatar kicks ass! I love Brick!

Phil theStalker
04-04-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Stocks rebound

After getting in trouble early, stocks pulled off a surprising comeback with all three gauges ending the day in the black. The Nasdaq and the S&P 500 ended up 0.32 percent and 0.27 percent respectively according to early tallies. the Dow was up 0.16 percent. Stocks reacted to lower prices Monday. Oil closed down 26 cents in NY trade. News from the NY AG, Eliot Spitzer, that he sees a possible civil settlement in the AIG probe also boosted the market.
Look -- please, don't talk to me like I'm a child.

The U.S. government manipulates the market daily.

Other government can, too.

They're saving the day, but they're losing the war.

Tomorrow is another day, and they've been doing this daily literally since 9/11 New World Party Day (their's), but the days are running out.

These are signs the end of their fiat money system is going to collapse -- by PLAN -- and usher in a NEW WORLD that you're just gonna love it up -- you're just gonna love it up -- if you're alive to enjoy your new world, 21st century PNAC American, WTO, IMF, UN mess of a planet.

yeh

You're not going to make it.

vanzilla
04-04-2005, 04:24 PM
Stocks rebound

It's that type of stability that makes me want to invest all of my retirement funds into the market. Privitization is the only way to go.

Jesterstar
04-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Phil theStalker

Tomorrow is another day, and they've been doing this daily literally since 9/11 New World Party Day (their's), but the days are running out.

These are signs the end of their fiat money system is going to collapse -- by PLAN -- and usher in a NEW WORLD that you're just gonna love it up -- you're just gonna love it up -- if you're alive to enjoy your new world, 21st century PNAC American, WTO, IMF, UN mess of a planet.

yeh

Phil is Correct. End of story,,,,,,,,

LoungeMachine
04-04-2005, 06:16 PM
Not today. But that was the big Talk on MSN today. They are saying that is how high the barrels are projected to go. Look into it.

Funny, that's not what your first post said:rolleyes:

dumbass

LoungeMachine
04-04-2005, 06:17 PM

yeh

First, I have never spoken to you, Phil with anything but respect.

Second, you're preaching to the choir, remember? I'm with you.

ODShowtime
04-04-2005, 07:57 PM
Well, VZ, we should get a solid two weeks of oil out of ANWAR. That'll solve the problem. For two weeks.

:rolleyes: (not at you AP)

Phil theStalker
04-04-2005, 08:24 PM
First, I have never spoken to you, Phil with anything but respect.

Second, you're preaching to the choir, remember? I'm with you.
i know you're on da rite side, LM

i'm mad

blind mad wit angry thoughts aff da werld going t2o hell

da werld needs an enema

LoungeMachine
04-04-2005, 09:11 PM
i know you're on da rite side, LM

i'm mad

blind mad wit angry thoughts aff da werld going t2o hell

da werld needs an enema

damn right it does.:cool:

4moreyears
04-04-2005, 09:32 PM
I bet people that short stocks are happy the marketing is slipping!!!

Phil theStalker
04-04-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
I bet people that short stocks are happy the marketing is slipping!!!
they are such weiners

diamondD
04-05-2005, 12:11 AM
Those are the bad ass Ford F-650's. (I think that's the model name).

Nope, they are made by International. I've seen one up close going down the road. You can fit a hummer in the cargo bed. They are fucking HUGE.

Nitro Express
04-05-2005, 04:39 AM
I come from Utah Mormon stock and am related to John Moses Browning, who invented that fine machine gun. I left the Mormon church but still have the old survivalist ways of storing food, water, and something to whack the bad guys with if needed.

Nitro Express
04-05-2005, 04:50 AM
You guys are failing to mention all the falsifyed accounting going on. Major book cooking going on. Once people lose confidence in the system then there are real problems. Deficite spending and paper money is nothing more than a game of illusion that the govt. has played very well but overspending and overprinting have made the bullshit game more difficult. Bubba is starting to see through the smoke and mirrors at the magic show and Greenspan knows it. That fucker should have raised intrest rates in 1997 but he let the market continue to go wild because nobody wants to be blamed for a recession. Right now the US has a pending currency crisis, a stock market on the verge of collapse, an ever increasing trade defficite. If you compare this to the crash of 1929, what is going to happen in the near future is worse. We were not at war in 1929, terrorists weren't a threat, the US dollar was sound, but the banks failed due to the over use of credit. The banks loaned out too much money. The stock market crashing was a result not the cause.

Jesterstar
04-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Nice post full of Facts Nitro.

Phil theStalker
04-05-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
You guys are failing to mention all the falsifyed accounting going on. Major book cooking going on. Once people lose confidence in the system then there are real problems. Deficite spending and paper money is nothing more than a game of illusion that the govt. has played very well but overspending and overprinting have made the bullshit game more difficult. Bubba is starting to see through the smoke and mirrors at the magic show and Greenspan knows it. That fucker should have raised intrest rates in 1997 but he let the market continue to go wild because nobody wants to be blamed for a recession. Right now the US has a pending currency crisis, a stock market on the verge of collapse, an ever increasing trade defficite. If you compare this to the crash of 1929, what is going to happen in the near future is worse. We were not at war in 1929, terrorists weren't a threat, the US dollar was sound, but the banks failed due to the over use of credit. The banks loaned out too much money. The stock market crashing was a result not the cause. Nitro Express,

You can take over f4or me when I'm gone.

=PtS=

Nitro Express
04-05-2005, 03:12 PM
I believe instability in the United States will affect the whole world and will create a scenero simular to when the Archduke of Austria-Hungry was assasinated in Serievo. After that politicians manuvered to take advantage of the caos or used it as an excuse to declare war. World War I was the result.

The US economy and the US military have been big stabalizing forces in the world. We've kept the peace in Eastern Europe, Korea, we've kept Taiwan from being invaded because the big stick disquraged the Chinese. Americans love of spending made America the huge market the rest of the world wanted to sell to. The rest of the world parked their money here and allowed us to spend even more.

Like a fat pig, America now spends too much but it's so addicted to consuming it can't stop. The crafty Chinese are now appealing to US business leaders short-term greed by manufacturing goods for them cheap. US factories and workers are laid off while US Company brandnames are simply put on Chinese made products and the CEO's make more money than ever.

Thinks still look good in the US because of easy credit. Homes are still being built, new retail is being built, but more and more factories are becoming empty. The trusts are coming back where huge chains like Walmart run others out of business in certain areas and oil companies are just getting bigger.

The nation is running record trade and fiscal defficites while we wear down are military personel and equipment trying to fight an unwinnable war with no more money to replace what's being broken. Nobody believes in the war enough to sign up for military duty.

Bush has painted himself in a corner. He will tighten up his ass and act tough and the mess will be the next guys problem.

The real problem is the United States is shooting it's load all over the world's ass right now. As soon as there is no more cum to pump, China and other countries are going to start taking advantage of the resulting vaccume. As soon as it looks like the US is down for the count, North Korea storms into South Korea, Taiwan gets invaded, Israel gets invaded and the whole casba starts rocking.

This will all happen as frustrated Americans point the finger at each other here and start rioting and fueding. Sleeper cells, faciests, and thuggish gangs will try and take advantage of the caos.

The point I'm making is whenever there is a power vaccume, someone always rushes in to fill it and usually they aren't good people. The world has been a fairly steady place for the last 50 years even with nuclear weapons because the United States kept the peace with it's huge military and huge economy. That is now changing. China has surpassed us economically. That has now happened. It's only a matter of time before they build a military like ours that can be moved anywhere in the world using a huge navy and airforce. Then what will happen?

Jesterstar
04-05-2005, 03:16 PM
Just one problem. Bush didn't paint himself in any corner. They know what the results of their actions are. They are doing this to cause the exact problems you just stated. Because we as Rable will be eaiser to deal with.

Nitro Express
04-06-2005, 09:02 PM
I don't think the Bush Administration is as smart as you give them credit for being.

FORD
04-06-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I don't think the Bush Administration is as smart as you give them credit for being.

Do you realize that this same exact gang of criminals and con-men have been in charge of every Republican administration since WWII?

And that's after funding Hitler in the first place.

The CIA and the entire "military industrial complex" - the defense industry beast which creates its own enemies to keep itself in business - was begun by the BCE and remains a branch office.

And now they have effective control of the entire federal government, most of the nationwide media, and even the leadership of the Democratic party through their proxy agents in the DLC.

You don't get all that by being stupid. Despite Junior himself, of course. He is truly a moron.

Jesterstar
04-06-2005, 11:16 PM
Ford is correct. The Takeover of our government is calculated and well planned. Research it.