PDA

View Full Version : K-Rock in NYC changing to hard rock

Figs
04-04-2005, 10:48 AM
Good news for most of us around NYC, bad news for the state of rock and roll.

K-Rock is changing formats to hard rock, including a lot of older stuff. I don't imagine we'll hear any Van Hagar.

On the other hand I wonder if we'll hear any new stuff. There's not a lot of good new stuff, but there's some. All stations have too tight a play list, but at least a station that plays new stuff will change the list from time to time. Classic rock stations never change their playlist.

I like hard rock, I just hope they mix in the newer hard stuff...

scottydabodi
04-06-2005, 01:44 PM
Wow, REALLY?!??! I can't believe it... K-Rock has sucked-format wise-since 1994 when they switched to Modern Rock/Nu-Metal-in other words CRAP. Hard Rock is a good turn for these guys, and even if all they play is classic hard rock and metal, it'll still rock a million times more than what they've been doing...

Figs
04-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Hey Scotty, check it out. I think you'll like it.

Figs
04-06-2005, 01:47 PM
And there aren't any DJ's yet, so there's more music....

Diver Down NJ
04-06-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by scottydabodi
Wow, REALLY?!??! I can't believe it... K-Rock has sucked-format wise-since 1994 when they switched to Modern Rock/Nu-Metal-in other words CRAP. Hard Rock is a good turn for these guys, and even if all they play is classic hard rock and metal, it'll still rock a million times more than what they've been doing...

Agreed. They were one of the best stations around before the change. After that, you had to pray for the rare Alice in Chains song.

monkeythe
04-06-2005, 10:47 PM
Great improvement. I've heard a few Classic VH songs in the last few days. It kind of reminds me of WDHA & WRAT out of Jersey but without all the DJ talk and a good signal wherever I drive.

Figs
05-05-2005, 12:18 PM
Roth block on now~~~~~

I've only heard Spam VH twice in the last month, and Roth VH twice a DAY.....

KTC5150
02-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Being born & raised in the NYC burbs of Rockland County, I listened to K-Rock all the time, then they changed formats... I moved to the sghore & got to be really good friends w/ the crew from 95.9 the Rat in Belmar... I miss those days... Just happy to know that when I go home to visit the family this summer, I can switch back to 92.3 K-ROCK!!!

chefcraig
02-15-2010, 03:26 PM
The change (and the thread) took place 5 years ago, are you sure it isn't a 1070's disco station by now?

Coyote
02-15-2010, 03:53 PM
The change (and the thread) took place 5 years ago, are you sure it isn't a 1070's disco station by now?

1070's?

Things really come'n'go in cycles, don't they? :biggrin:

chefcraig
02-15-2010, 04:07 PM
1070's?

Things really come'n'go in cycles, don't they? :biggrin:

Yeah, it was a crummy time for various empires and religions across the globe, but the music was awesome!

Igosplut
02-15-2010, 04:15 PM

Well the owners of K-Rock also owned WBCN (CBS??) and they killed BCN, so I'm sure K-Rock is probably elevator muszac by now....

twonabomber
02-15-2010, 07:45 PM
K-Rock is now pop. Mariah Carey's husband is doing their morning show.