PDA

View Full Version : John Kerry speaks

Steve Savicki
04-04-2005, 03:14 PM
Last week, thanks to you, Republicans in Congress heard first hand how Americans will not stand by quietly and let their voices be silenced. Tomorrow morning, we will take the next step, when a vitally important johnkerry.com ad appears in USA Today. I will send a copy to every one of my Republican colleagues in the Senate. When I do, I want to tell them that the number of people standing behind the ad's powerful message now stands at over 200,000. Help us get there.

See the ad - and count yourself among those personally supporting its message.

http://www.johnkerry.com/usatoday

Tens of thousands of you have already called your Republican Senators opposing GOP leaders' efforts to invoke the so-called "nuclear option" on the confirmation of federal judges. We are acting in response to a disturbing pattern in which a handful of Republican leaders seek the ability to do whatever they want, whenever they want, without regard to principle.

We have to act because America can't afford to go where they're trying to take us.

http://www.johnkerry.com/usatoday

The Republican drive to silence your voice in Washington is in high gear. House Leader Tom DeLay has led a no-holds-barred drive to silence all opposing voices in the Congress. He also engineered a highly partisan effort to force the redrawing of congressional districts in Texas - funded by heavy-handed tactics that led to the indictment of three close DeLay associates. And last week, DeLay issued an ominous threat that federal judges (appointed by both Democrats and Republicans) who dared to defy his wishes in the Terry Schiavo case will have to "answer for their behavior."

Making President Bush's judicial nominations immune to a Senate filibuster is the next step in the GOP's out-of-control grab for power. If Senator Frist, the Senate Majority Leader, can convince enough Republican Senators to go along, the nomination and confirmation of judges will become a tightly-controlled, one-party affair.

We're calling on Republican Senators to persuade their party's leaders not to pursue this reckless course.

If you haven't done so already, please contact your Republican Senator's office. Politely let him or her know that, as a constituent, you are deeply opposed to Senator Frist's "nuclear option" plan. Then take another step. Add your name to the list of those personally supporting our call for an end to the wide-ranging Republican assault on constitutional principles.

Thanks for helping with this vital and time-sensitive effort.

Sincerely,

John Kerry

P.S. When I send our USA Today ad to my Republican colleagues tomorrow morning, I want to tell them that its message has been personally backed by over 200,000 people. You can help us reach that goal. Please sign now* - and, after you do, please forward this e-mail to your friends, neighbors, and family.

* http://www.johnkerry.com/petition/usatoday.php?source=5121

Jesterstar
04-04-2005, 03:34 PM
This is a way of collecting information.