PDA

View Full Version : STAR WARS Fans Wait at Wrong Theater

Nickdfresh
04-06-2005, 09:20 PM
'Star Wars' fans wait at wrong theater
Studio says film will open May 19 at ArcLight, not Chinese

Wednesday, April 6, 2005 Posted: 4:17 PM EDT (2017 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- "Star Wars" fans will have to find the right theater before they can leave for the dark side.

Seven weeks before its release, "Star Wars" fanatics started lining up outside Grauman's Chinese Theater for the sixth installment of the popular George Lucas movie series. The vigil began Saturday.

But there's a problem: "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" won't be showing at the Hollywood landmark when the movie is released May 19. The studio, 20th Century Fox, opted instead to open the film a mile away at the ArcLight theater.

Still, the resolute "Star Wars" die-hards aren't moving on. Beneath a makeshift awning, 11 people refused to relinquish their spots in line.

"We've heard all this before," fan Sarah Sprague said, noting there were plenty of rumors in 1999 and 2002 that previous "Star Wars" movies weren't opening at the Chinese Theater. The rumors were false and the films were shown there.

Fox and the ArcLight haven't completed their "Star Wars" deal, but executives on both sides told Daily Variety "Revenge of the Sith" will play at the ArcLight, not the Chinese.

Yet Sprague was adamant the line wouldn't be moving to the ArcLight.

"This is still the epicenter for 'Star Wars' fans. For the big iconic pictures of the 1970s, people lining up were here. They weren't at the Cinerama Dome (at the ArcLight)," Sprague said.

Lucas' final "Star Wars" chapter spells out the last dark steps the once goodhearted young Anakin Skywalker takes to become the villain Darth Vader.

http://dbowman1.freeservers.com/Natalie_Hahaha.jpg
Natalie Portman will appear in the final episode of STAR WARS.

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

bueno bob
04-06-2005, 10:16 PM
You know what? Even I'm not THAT gay. :)

Warham
04-06-2005, 10:51 PM
Her thong looks like it's riding up a little high there.

Nickdfresh
04-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
You know what? Even I'm not THAT gay. :)

Glad we cleared that up. LOL

Nickdfresh
04-06-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Her thong looks like it's riding up a little high there.

Looks like NATALIE fingers herself more than GArY CHERONE!

Warham
04-06-2005, 11:04 PM
Looks like she has a nice ass...

:D

Vinnie Velvet
04-07-2005, 09:59 AM
Nat does have a nice ass!

Sweet Padme.

As for those people lining up at the wrong theatre, well, maybe they should just pack up and go wait at the actual theatre its playing at.

Mind you, they are doing this thing also for charity. So, its not ENTIRELY gay, but gay nonetheless.

Figs
04-07-2005, 10:39 AM
I guess I'm not a true fan. I'm not in line yet.

Not only that, I'll proabably wait for the crowds to die down a little before I go. I'm just a poser.....

W*NK*R
06-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Star Wars rules I saw it when it came out a couple of weeks ago! It was ace! Seeya.