PDA

View Full Version : The "Ultimate" Conservative

monkeythe
04-07-2005, 03:59 AM
The Ultimate Conservative, Mr. Warrior, has offended the entire campus at UConn forcing the College Republican club that hosted him to apologize for his appearance. The link for the first part of the article appears below (part 2 requires registration). By the way, if anyone is interested in the affects steroids have on the mind, go to his website, www.ultimatewarrior.com, and fear the power of destrucity.

http://www.dailycampus.com/main.cfm?include=subApplication&subApplicationName=quickRegister&fuse=registrationOrLoginRequired&thereferer=http%3A//www.dailycampus.com/news/2005/04/06/News/The-Warrior.Attacks-914467.shtml%3Fpage%3D2

The Warrior attacks
Former wrestling champion creates controversy with comments
By Joe Wentzel
Published: Wednesday, April 6, 2005
Article Tools: Page 1 of 2

Media Credit: Brett Mickelson
Warrior, a former professional wrestling superstar, sparked controversy Tuesday night at the Dodd Center with his comments regarding homosexuality, politics and other topics.

What was to be a lecture on the differences between liberalism and conservatism became heated Tuesday when the man known simply as Warrior came to the Dodd Center.

The night quickly changed from a love fest over the Ultimate Warrior and his career in what was then known as the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) to an attack on his personal beliefs. The Warrior - who Norm Moghtaderi, a 10th-semester sociology and history major, felt was homophobic and racist - was met with unhappy members of the Tent City protest group.

"People like this should not be allowed to spat this off without being countered," said Geoff Traugh, a 4th-semester peace studies and political science major.

The dispute between Traugh and Warrior escalated. Warrior screamed back and stomped on the stage saying questions would be answered during the question and answer segment.

Many people in the audience yelled and verbally attacked Warrior and his views during his hour-and-a-half discussion.

"How do you think, I feel I have to protect him," Maj. Sgt. Linda Killarney said. She called three other officers to the scene for backup. The crowd was warned if this was not stopped, it would end.

The College Republicans, who sponsored the event with the Undergraduate Student Government, said the organization was just trying to add another point of view to the discussion.

"We are truly sorry that the Warrior did not measure up to our standards," College Republicans Spokesman Heath Fahle said.

The group said they had worked hard to bring another view to add to respectful debates. They thought Warrior would represent news ideas after members saw him live. The organization felt compelled to send out a press release apologizing for the event.

"We do not feel that happened tonight," Fahle said. He said the College Republicans had wanted a respectful debate.

Warrior got an unfavorable response from the crowd when he discussed homosexuals.

"Queering don't make the world work," Warrior said.

FORD
04-07-2005, 09:20 AM
This guy has always been an idiot.

Just because Jesse Ventura pulled it off doesn't mean that any hack wrestler can become a politician.

As for his homophobia, well let's take a look, shall we?

http://www.warriorcentral.net/Warrior125.jpg
Yeah, now there's the poster boy for heterosexuality :rolleyes:

Jesterstar
04-07-2005, 11:57 AM
That Warrior puts on a excellent show.

Figs
04-07-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by monkeythe
"People like this should not be allowed to spat this off without being countered," said Geoff Traugh, a 4th-semester peace studies and political science major.

fucking "peace studies?"

why don't you just burn your money and warm your house instead....

Jesterstar
04-07-2005, 12:11 PM
How can you study peace when there is no history of it ever???

Nickdfresh
04-07-2005, 12:52 PM
I've never heard of Mr. Warrior, nor have I read his dissertaion on political philosophy. But let me guess what his schtick is; he rattles on like a macho, simpleton retard and then passes himself off as a wise sage.

Figs
04-07-2005, 12:57 PM
I will vote for any wrestler on the ballot.....

steve
04-07-2005, 02:33 PM
Maybe like that show "Wifeswap" they should have something called "Jobswap"...
and for one day all professional wrestlers run the country, and politicians wrestle and yell at each other.

Seeing the Bush Twins in "Diva" outfits and having wardrobe malfunctions could be most exciting.

But the question is, would anyone really notice?

Nitro Express
04-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Shit when I graduated from the University of Washington with a Bachelors of Business Administration over half my graduating class had some junk major like political science, peace studies, or social work. In short, the only jobs you get with these kind of degrees are govt. jobs. The only increase the beaurocracy that sucks are tax dollars and creates more govt. regulation that sucks are freedom. It's mostly liberal free thinking types that get these kind of degrees but what they don't realize is they are on the road to what they are really protesting. A lack of freedom. There is no better freedom than a fist full of dollars and nodody in your way.

Notice how the peace studies major wanted to shut up the westler. I'm for freedom of speech and freedom of speech is protecting the speech you don't like. People have the constitutional right to freedom of speech no matter how stupid it is.

I think college campuses have been too politicized. Aren't these the places where kids go to take additional classes so they can hopefully make additional money or learn a specalized skill? Hopefully, college will create people who will built institutions that creat jobs and turn the trade deficite into a trade surplus. Instead of doing that, they crank out more brainwashed people with degrees with no real skills to solve our problems. The 1960's is over, it's time the colleges and universities realized that.

Seshmeister
04-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by monkeythe

"Queering don't make the world work," Warrior said.

There is nothing more gay or camp than proffesional wrestling.

Rolling around with another man in lycra while pretending to hurt each other with over the top acting.

Jeez...

The Warrior doth protest too much.

Figs
04-07-2005, 04:50 PM
They should have thrown salad dressing on him.....

bueno bob
04-07-2005, 05:17 PM
He's got as much right to speak his mind as anyone else does, my opinion. If someone can rattle on about how homosexuality is OK and normal, then somebody else can rattle on about how wrong and abnormal it is. Just boils down to personal opinion and nobody has to listen to it that doesn't want to.

Jesterstar
04-07-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
He's got as much right to speak his mind as anyone else does, my opinion. If someone can rattle on about how homosexuality is OK and normal, then somebody else can rattle on about how wrong and abnormal it is. Just boils down to personal opinion and nobody has to listen to it that doesn't want to.

I actually started that movement years ago./

Dr. Love
04-07-2005, 06:56 PM
I think they need to invest more in their Journalism department. That article was horridly written.

Seshmeister
04-07-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
I think they need to invest more in their Journalism department. That article was horridly written.

Very correct.

monkeythe
04-07-2005, 07:30 PM
What's more ridiculous, the way he speaks in the third person or that his name is actually Warrior?

April 6, 2005

Santa Fe, NM – This release is in response to allegations made in an email from UConn student Russell Passig, as well as remarks made in two press releases by the UConn College Republicans regarding Warrior’s appearance at UConn on April 5, 2005.

First, Mr. Passig’s claim that Warrior’s address was tantamount to “university-funded hate speech” is absolutely ridiculous. While it is certainly true that Warrior’s positions are often controversial, the reality is that what people like Passig whiningly denounce as “racist and homophobic” is merely what reasonable adults would classify as nothing more than being politically incorrect. While Mr. Passig, Mr. Traugh, Mr. Moghtaderi, and any others who objected to the substance of what Warrior had to say would certainly have been within their rights to challenge Warrior during the Q&A period, the truth is that they lacked the class and common sense to do so. After repeatedly interrupting Warrior's speech, these individuals chose to further instigate Warrior with baseless ad hominem attacks - thus eliciting highly-charged responses from Warrior. To top it all off, this World Class Crew of Crybabies is now attempting to have the UConn administration punish the CRs for words that Warrior spoke. Yet another timeless liberal/left-wing/anti-American tradition - when in doubt, blame the Republicans.

All of the above notwithstanding, it is somewhat sad to see how utterly spineless the UConn College Republicans have turned out to be. Not a single UConn CR voiced any objection to Warrior after the event. The detailed emails between Warrior and the UConn CRs reveal that the CRs repeatedly encouraged Warrior to single out the Tent City Trash for some re-education. Yet, it now seems that the CRs have collectively decided to bow down and beg forgiveness from various extremist, anti-American, left-wing groups who infest the UConn campus. Perhaps the UConn CRs should refrain from engaging in political activism until such time as they develop enough backbone to be able to withstand not being liked by their opponents.

It bears mentioning that Warrior demonstrated considerable restraint given the disrespectful and petulant behavior of a small minority of the students. These individuals unwittingly illustrated one of the most pernicious truths of modern liberalism: that while self-described liberals claim, ad nauseum, that they support freedom of speech, the truth is that they only support free speech as long as the content of that speech is acceptable to them. The moment that a single word is spoken that questions, challenges, or otherwise conflicts with their myopic, misguided views of the world, their enthusiasm for the First Amendment totally disappears.

In closing, Warrior emphatically rejects and dismisses any attempt to portray his appearance at UConn as anything other than it was – a straightforward, honest discussion of Warrior’s philosophical beliefs. That his words have been mischaracterized and that the speech was occasionally interrupted by a relative handful of students (who, for some reason, all seemed to smell like patchouli oil and burnt flag) does not detract from the fact that the overwhelming majority of those in attendance had a wonderful time and agreed with most of Warrior’s points – a fact that is corroborated by dozens upon dozens of emails that Warrior has thus far received from attendants. Warrior thanks all of his true fans and all of the true Conservatives who took time out from their studies to welcome him back to Connecticut, and hopes to see them all again very soon.

Always Believe,
Warrior

Nickdfresh
04-07-2005, 07:42 PM
I believe Warrior! I BE-LIEVE!

"Wind Beneath My Wings"

Ohhhh, oh, oh, oh, ohhh.
It must have been cold there in my shadow,
to never have sunlight on your face.
You were content to let me shine, that's your way.
You always walked a step behind.

So I was the one with all the glory,
while you were the one with all the strength.
A beautiful face without a name for so long.
A beautiful smile to hide the pain.

Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
for you are the wind beneath my wings.

It might have appeared to go unnoticed,
but I've got it all here in my heart.
I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it.
I would be nothing without you.

Did you ever know that you're my hero?
You're everything I wish I could be.
I could fly higher than an eagle,
for you are the wind beneath my wings.

Did I ever tell you you're my hero?
You're everything, everything I wish I could be.
Oh, and I, I could fly higher than an eagle,
for you are the wind beneath my wings,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

Oh, the wind beneath my wings.
You, you, you, you are the wind beneath my wings.
Fly, fly, fly away. You let me fly so high.
Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings.
Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings.

Fly, fly, fly high against the sky,
so high I almost touch the sky.
Thank you, thank you,
thank God for you, the wind beneath my wings.

bueno bob
04-08-2005, 01:20 AM
If I ever cross paths with him, I'm going to make it a point to call him "JIM" whenever I can just to piss him off :)

FORD
04-08-2005, 09:34 AM
This fucking idiot doing his stupid speech doesn't concern me. These so-called "College Republicans" acting like Nazi Brownshirt thugs accompanying scumbags like this fool and Anndrew Coulter at their speeches and treating the crowd like the Hells Angels at Altamont is what I object to. This whole fucking bullshit idea of right wingers being able to give right wing speeches without any opposition is being pushed from the BCE on down, and it's anti American, anti First Ammendment horseshit.

Jesterstar
04-08-2005, 10:01 AM
Seems like everyone is wrong in this situation. Weather The WARRIOR was gay bashing and being a Right wing nut is totally irrelevent. He has never hid his conservative Veiws. And I would think people who study politics are current on the politics of the right wingers.

Honestly I think the people who were trying to silence him weather they had good intentions or not. Sure it's hard to sit and listen to someone being racist or homophobic. But being able to exspress your true feelings about how you feel about something is something that is very hard to perserve in this day and age.

I don't see where the Warrior whom showed up to a Engagment to talk about his idea of politics and social issues. Wrestlers are always showmen. That is why they wrestle and in my opinion. Warrior still has the skills to entertain. He's just playing the heel now.

BigBadBrian
04-08-2005, 11:24 AM
Yet another timeless liberal/left-wing/anti-American tradition - when in doubt, blame the Republicans.

Isn't that the truth. Candyasses. :gulp:

FORD
04-08-2005, 01:04 PM
No it isn't.