PDA

View Full Version : I'm The One "LIVE"

LOS35
04-07-2005, 08:37 AM
I seen something about this somewhere on here but I can't find it? But this is not a repost of that subject.

This is one of those songs that you listen to driving latenight while
doing about 100mph on 95 then the break comes in and you
picture yourself spinning around doing a "J" turn!

The Energy & the Passion they had can never be matched!!

Someone said it would have been better if Sam was front man since day one?? PLEASE!!

First of all they would have been like all the other bands out back then,
cookie cutter lollypop!!
The Fire and raw Energy that they had with Dave would have never been!!
And most of all they would not have took the world by storm!! We
would not have CVH to talk about see or listen too!! And they would have never been known as THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN!!

FORD
04-07-2005, 10:11 AM
If Sammy had been in the band in 1977 there would have been at least one disco song on the first album.

And then Eddie the weak willed trendy fuck would have insisted that the second album be ALL disco songs.

And there never would have been a third album.

nosuchluck
04-07-2005, 10:30 AM
and Eddie would later re-surface in the 90s playing on Nirvana's first album...

franksters
04-07-2005, 10:35 AM
it would've been a country band, cause the sisters had no musical direction, it would've never worked...just look at the name they had before :mammoth...

and they were playin like some kind of progressive rock...

Dave even gave them their name!

academic punk
04-07-2005, 11:08 AM
Why? Don't you think a band named Rat Salade would have made it?

fe_lung
04-07-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by FORD

And then Eddie the weak willed trendy fuck would have insisted that the second album be ALL disco songs.

And Eddie would brag about how great their cover of Dancing In The Streets was

fe_lung
04-07-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by academic punk

If Sam were the front man people would think it was named after him (just like Hootie and The Blowfish).

Actually, if Sam were in the band, they'd have called themselves Tossed Salad....

Roguesgirl
04-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by academic punk

yes, but ONLY because they were clever enough to put the "e" at the end. :rolleyes:

Roguesgirl
04-07-2005, 11:23 AM
back on topic...I was listening to I'M the One Live yesterday as its up in "songs and albums" and it sounds fantastic!

I don't even want to think about Sam doing this tune.

It's got Dave all over it!

hard rock
04-07-2005, 01:24 PM
Baa bada sho be do wah baabada sho be do wah baa bada sho be do be do wha

Classic, won thing people notice when i play cvh is the fun they had when making those records. examples the break in im the one as mentioned above. Bottoms up- the come on on baby part. Dirty movies with the Take it off part and all the claps and whistles and howling. the entire could this be magic tune and big bad bill tune. all the inter play on Hot for Teacher. The come on Dave give me a break in Unchained. Tell me what other band did that in the ENTIRE history of rock? Sorry whats that you say, you are abso fuckin lutely right NO ONE!!!!!.

LOS35
04-07-2005, 06:21 PM
And to prove my point even futher listen to the "Zero mixes" no way would they have produced tracks like that with Sam!!
Instead of being cutting edge they would have been just another commerical band!!

Va Beach VH Fan
04-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Good topic LOS35...

It may very well be the best song on the album, although IMHO ATBL still nudges it out...

I'm the One is definitely the most underrated though...

During the 2002 Sam/Dave tour, THAT was the song that I was the most impressed with, in terms of basically "damn, they fuckin' JAMMED on that song"...

Roguesgirl
04-07-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by hard rock
Baa bada sho be do wah baabada sho be do wah baa bada sho be do be do wha

Classic, won thing people notice when i play cvh is the fun they had when making those records. examples the break in im the one as mentioned above. Bottoms up- the come on on baby part. Dirty movies with the Take it off part and all the claps and whistles and howling. the entire could this be magic tune and big bad bill tune. all the inter play on Hot for Teacher. The come on Dave give me a break in Unchained. Tell me what other band did that in the ENTIRE history of rock? Sorry whats that you say, you are abso fuckin lutely right NO ONE!!!!!.

ATBL - I've been to the edge...

rustoffa
04-07-2005, 08:56 PM
roy's lament:

We came here to entertain you
Instead of that we aggravate you
Seem to think it's all because of me, Honey!
I ain't the one, the one you love
Come on baby, show me love
Pleeeeeeze, give it to meeee...

:monkey: :gun:

rustoffa
04-07-2005, 08:59 PM
Moving to songs and albums.

Seems more appropriate.

Great thread!