PDA

View Full Version : Def Leppard "The First Three"

ALMOSTsaved
04-08-2005, 02:02 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that the first three albums by Def Leppard (the best ones I might add) should be remastered? These albums would fuckin' SMOKE if remastered...ESPECIALLY "On Through The Night."

BrownSound1
04-08-2005, 06:37 PM
All of those albums kicked ass....too bad they went to shit after that.

Reverberator
04-08-2005, 06:40 PM
Top Shite in their day .

DLR_EngineRoom
04-08-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
Am I the only one who thinks that the first three albums by Def Leppard (the best ones I might add) should be remastered? These albums would fuckin' SMOKE if remastered...ESPECIALLY "On Through The Night."

I didn't like 'On Through The Night' found it repetitive and boring. But I loooved 'High n' Dry', 'Pyromania', 'Hysteria' and 'Euphoria'

EbDawson
04-09-2005, 02:48 AM
Man, I'd love it if High n Dry were remastered. That was/is one of the best hard Rock albums out there! :killer:

bueno bob
04-09-2005, 03:29 AM
I could definitely stand with seeing High and Dry and Pyromania remastered, for sure.

Panamark
04-09-2005, 08:38 AM
Pyromania had pretty good prodcution for the time...
Great album.

ALMOSTsaved
04-09-2005, 08:40 AM
The one thing that always used to remind me of a "Spinal Tap" moment from the "On Through The Night" album was the narration at the beginning of "When The Walls Came Tumbling Down." Even though this was pre-Spinal Tap...It seemed kinda "Stone Hinge-ish."

Hoongood
04-09-2005, 09:06 AM
As long as I never have to listen to Hysteria. That is the most over-produced, artificial sounding hard rock album of all time. The drums are naturally fake, the vocals are fake and the guitar is very weak.

Panamark
04-09-2005, 09:09 AM
I promise from this day forth, Hoongood does not have to listen to
Hysteria ever again !! There ya go Mate !

Antman
04-10-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved

I've always said On Through the Night was their best. Just plain raw and gritty. Overture is my favorite tune by them. Hello America is another underrated classic. Now why wouldn't they open their live shows with that? (In the US anyway)

rustoffa
04-10-2005, 10:08 PM
"High and Dry" sounds grate on vinyl.

Mutt Lange force-fed 'em AC/DC.

Matt White
04-10-2005, 10:23 PM
If they remastered "High and Dry" & "Pyromania" I might just have to purchase them. I haven't listened to a DEF LEPPARD song in almost 18 years, it might not drive me fuckin' crazy now!

Susie Q
04-11-2005, 09:17 PM
I loved this band. I never saw them in concert though. That would be on a wish list.

High and Dry was a grate™ album. I was listening to Pyromania today while in the truck. Those were the days..... :)

hard rock
04-18-2005, 12:47 PM
when i listen to the pyromania cd it sounds very thin and weak. it needs to be remastered for sure. when i play photograph, rock of ages and foolin off the Vault Cd then play them back on pyromania you could hear the difference the remastering would make.

Those songs on vault just have more kick to them. i have to crank up pyromania cd at 8 to get partial sound that i get at 2 or 3 on vault.

WACF
04-18-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
"High and Dry" sounds grate on vinyl.

Mutt Lange force-fed 'em AC/DC.

You can hear it...that Gibson growl is sweet.

Soul Reaper
04-18-2005, 02:19 PM
Which album was that Animal song on?

WACF
04-18-2005, 02:38 PM
Hysteria

Soul Reaper
04-19-2005, 03:31 PM
Is that the hair metal album that everyone seems to hate?

I don't know much about Leppard

Full Bug
04-19-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper

I don't know much about Leppard
Pick up High n Dry, you cant go wrong....

Soul Reaper
04-19-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Full Bug
Pick up High n Dry, you cant go wrong....

Thanks.

Which album is that Photgraph song on?

Is it on High N' Dry?

WACF
04-19-2005, 05:12 PM
Pyromania, it has photograph, Rock of ages and Foolin' which were the bigger singles.

High and Dry is excellent.

Soul Reaper
04-20-2005, 02:55 PM
Right, thanks.

Terry
04-21-2005, 11:40 AM
Hysteria is way over-produced, agreed (Rocket is less a song than it is Mutt Lange wanking about with the mixing console).

High N' Dry was great.

Remember listening to Pyromania a lot when it first came out...favorite tracks were Too Late For Love, Die Hard The Hunter, Comin' Under Fire and Billy's Got A Gun.

Gods Of War was always the standout track from Hysteria to my ears. Pour Some Sugar On Me and Armageddon It came across as the best, probably because you could actually hear traces of a band playing underneath all the overdubs. Animal was a great single.

Maybe everything up through High N' Dry could stand to be remixed, but Hysteria don't really need such treatment. That thing was fucked with so much in the studio the first time around...maybe if some of Lange's extravagances were taken OUT of the mix...like a Beatles Let It Be Naked approach.

hard rock has a point about Pyromania. It has no depth, soundwise. Maybe some reverb and a little more oomph on the low end would help. Haven't really listened to any Leppard in so long, so it wouldn't matter to me anyway...not like it'd induce me to buy the remixes.