PDA

View Full Version : Prince announces new tour and album

Mr Grimsdale
02-25-2004, 08:33 AM
Prince announces new tour and album (http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_871910.html?menu=)

Prince will next month release a new album, Musicology, and embark on his first major tour in six years.
http://www.ananova.com/images/web/85537.jpg
So far all of the dates are in the US, but Prince said: "We want to go around the world and probably go back again."

Old favourites will also be part of the tour but Prince warned these gigs will be the last time fans will be able hear his classics for a while, since he wants "to make room for new music."

Prince also said he was hoping to provide free Musicology CDs to those who buy concert tickets, reports Billboard.

"Usually the people who purchase concert tickets, they've been supportive of my music for a long time - for over 20 years now," he said.

Prince says he will let fans download Musicology tracks from his NPG Music Club Web site in the weeks ahead. Members would pay about 40p per song, while non-members would be charged about 55p.

He is still negotiating with a number of labels before deciding which record company will put out the album.

Story filed: 11:35 Wednesday 25th February 2004

twonabomber
02-25-2004, 08:51 AM
if it's another Jesus freak album like the Rainbow Children then i don't want it.

Seshmeister
02-25-2004, 11:20 AM
Don't you just love these people that drink, fuck or snort everything in sight spending millions of dollars on themselves for years, who then turn around and preach to YOU after they have a Damascas moment?

Shut the fuck up Prince and give us some music.

Cheers!

:gulp:

alexpgrimes
02-25-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber
if it's another Jesus freak album like the Rainbow Children then i don't want it. you got that right.

PHOENIX
02-25-2004, 04:32 PM
Sorry but Prince sucks.

Mr Grimsdale
02-26-2004, 12:53 AM
but only if you pay him enough

Panamark
02-26-2004, 02:54 AM
I think Im going to sell my Telecaster now.

Seshmeister
02-26-2004, 07:03 AM
To get money for Prince to suck you?

Mr Grimsdale
02-26-2004, 01:59 PM
He'll have some change for a kebab afterwards.

flappo
02-26-2004, 02:30 PM
..he can suck himself ya know

.so can prince

Panamark
02-26-2004, 03:59 PM
None of the above, seeing Prince with a Telecaster, dressed liked flappo's inflateable boy doll, has demeaned my appreciation for that guitar :)

twonabomber
02-26-2004, 05:10 PM
that's not a real Tele. it's a Hofner.

Panamark
02-27-2004, 03:16 AM
twonabomber, you may have just given my tele a stay of execution !
Mines a real one. How did you know without seeing the headstock ?

twonabomber
02-27-2004, 04:24 AM
as i'm a fan, i know.

Mr Grimsdale
02-27-2004, 12:16 PM
it's widely known that Prince finds anyone who owns a real Tele very attractive

Top Jimmy
02-27-2004, 12:18 PM
....so what's his name gonna be this time?

Top Jimmy
02-27-2004, 12:18 PM
that should be a poll...choose a new name for Prince...or a new symbol

Mr Grimsdale
02-27-2004, 12:21 PM
the new look Prince
http://dollhead.org/sintagma/madness/mnurse_01.jpg

Panamark
02-28-2004, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Top Jimmy
that should be a poll...choose a new name for Prince...or a new symbol

I vote for "Ponce"

Hey Grimsdale, did you go to any of the shows yet ? Thats farken classic that Dave and band wants to meet you. Good show old chap !

Panamark
02-28-2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
it's widely known that Prince finds anyone who owns a real Tele very attractive

He's obviously suffering from "Tele" envy. Dunno why, Fucker could afford a real one ? Those nasty coke mamas he used to fuck must have had Telecasters. What was their names, Chastity and Appolona
and Mayte and Sheila E ? Something like that. He jumped on Sheena
Eastons Morning Train too ! The small yet Virile Ponce Cock...

ELVIS
02-28-2004, 06:48 AM
Hey.. It might be good...

Mr Grimsdale
02-29-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Hey Grimsdale, did you go to any of the shows yet ? Thats farken classic that Dave and band wants to meet you. Good show old chap !

i was at hammersmith on saturday
top, top stuff
spent the night bouncing around with the rest of the nutters in the front

didn't have the guts to introduce myself to the security guards...
mr g:
"hello, i'm mr grimsdale, i hear that mr roth and his travelling minstrels wish to enjoy the pleasure of ones company"

security:
"you cunt"
SMACK

bukowsky
02-29-2004, 07:05 PM
I'm wondering why Prince should play a cheap Höfner instead of a real Tele?

Mr Grimsdale
03-01-2004, 08:25 AM
because he's a poof

Panamark
03-02-2004, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
i was at hammersmith on saturday
top, top stuff
spent the night bouncing around with the rest of the nutters in the front

didn't have the guts to introduce myself to the security guards...
mr g:
"hello, i'm mr grimsdale, i hear that mr roth and his travelling minstrels wish to enjoy the pleasure of ones company"

security:
"you cunt"
SMACK

Is there a lower form of life on earth than security guards (bouncers) ?
Did you hear about that bouncer killing ex aussie cricketer David Hookes recently ? Your point is well taken.

Im a bit pissed off for you, Grimsdale. It seems everyone else who posts, gets to have personal photo opportunities with Dave's band,
and here you are, someone they asked to meet, and nobody hooks
you up ?? On top of that you dont get to meet your bestest mate, Flappo !!!

Thank Fuck it was a good show.

Mr Grimsdale
03-02-2004, 04:35 AM
can't say i heard about the David Hookes incident

thank fuck indeed for a good night though

alexpgrimes
03-02-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by bukowsky
I'm wondering why Prince should play a cheap Höfner instead of a real Tele? Because he's had that guitar for many years. As a fan I know this.

Panamark
03-03-2004, 01:50 AM
How does a Van Halen fan become attracted to Prince ?? That dude is about as metal as a tupperware container ??

twonabomber
03-03-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by alexpgrimes
Because he's had that guitar for many years. As a fan I know this.

hey Bababooey, don't steal my lines. :D

my bad typing too...it's a Hohner, not a Hofner. as in Hohner Guitars, a division of the same company that makes Hohner harmonicas. at least a Beatle played a Hofner.

Prince has always played cheapies...when he was on American Bandstand in 1980 or so, he was playing an Epiphone...i've got a mid-90's video where he's playing a hollow-body Epi...other than the customs (like the "cloud" guitar, the "symbol" guitar, and the Auerswalds) and the basses (a lot of Laklands and Warwicks nowadays, with some Spectors back in the day), they're your run of the mill pieces. he'll splurge on amps, Mesas and Soldanos, and probably every piece of MIDI gear and effects you'd ever want.

How does a Van Halen fan become attracted to Prince ?? That dude is about as metal as a tupperware container ??

i am beyond the point in my life where i will try to convince someone to like another kind of music...all i can say is you must only know the material you hear on the radio. the little midget can play. VH is not metal, in the "metal" sense of the word anyways...

not that i feel like i have to explain myself, but let's just say i grew up in a very diverse group of friends and was exposed to a lot of different musical ideas.

Panamark
03-03-2004, 04:55 PM
Hey no sweat, I like different kinds of music too. That question wasnt aimed at you specifically. Im just curious if theres more to the dude than "Little Red Corvette"

alexpgrimes
03-03-2004, 05:40 PM
Yes he's a very talented musician. He can play multiple instruments. He's one hell of a guitar player as well.

diamondD
03-06-2004, 01:24 AM
See if you can find the live version of The Ride. Or his cover of Honky Tonk Women. I can't really stand to look at him, but he is talented as far as his musical ability.