PDA

View Full Version : Man With Suitcases in Standoff at Capitol

Ally_Kat
04-11-2005, 02:05 PM
Man With Suitcases in Standoff at Capitol

WASHINGTON - Police ordered an evacuation of the west side of the U.S. Capitol on Monday after a man dressed in black and carrying two black suitcases stationed himself on a plaza leading to an entrance.

Police, some armed with assault rifles, gathered at the top of the Capitol steps but did not try to get closer to the man, who faced the Capitol from a plaza below its west entrance.

Among the officials whose offices are on the west side of the Capitol looking out upon the National Mall are House Speaker Dennis Hastert, R-Ill., Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tenn., and Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev.

Watching on the news as we type/read

FORD
04-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Man With Suitcases Captured at Capitol

By LAURIE KELLMAN, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - Police on Monday tackled and forcibly dragged away a man dressed in black and carrying two suitcases who had stationed himself in front of the west side of the U.S. Capitol.

The midday incident — which occurred during one of Washington's busiest tourist times, the annual flowering of the cherry blossoms — had forced police to evacuate that side of the Capitol in fear of a possible explosion.

Police, some armed with assault rifles, moved in slowly behind the man, who faced the Capitol from a plaza below its west entrance. Crouching behind the wall, the police sprang up and ran full tilt at the man, who never moved.

He was tackled by two policemen and dragged to an ambulance. Police walked the man away from the scene without putting him in the ambulance. They left the suitcases behind.

Some spectators applauded as police dragged the man away.

Before the standoff ended, Capitol police spokesman Michael Lauer said the man had not said anything to police.

Among the officials whose offices are on the west side of the Capitol looking out upon the National Mall are House Speaker Dennis Hastert, R-Ill., Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tenn., and Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev.

After the incident, Reid praised the Capitol Police officers' performance.

"What they did to get ready to take that man down was extraordinary," Reid said. "We have the finest- trained police force of any place in the country."

FORD
04-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Just saw the so called "police takedown". The guy didn't even hear a bunch of cops running up behind him?

Bullshit. This whole incident was staged to get the "terranoia" factor up again before the next PNAC invasion is launched.

FORD
04-11-2005, 03:14 PM
(empty) suitcases about to be blown up - live on Corporatist News Network (how convenient)

Guitar Shark
04-11-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Just saw the so called "police takedown". The guy didn't even hear a bunch of cops running up behind him?

Bullshit. This whole incident was staged to get the "terranoia" factor up again before the next PNAC invasion is launched.

Dude. Is there no conspiracy theory you will not buy into? Besides those that don't support your political views I mean?

FORD
04-11-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Dude. Is there no conspiracy theory you will not buy into? Besides those that don't support your political views I mean?

Junior's approval rate is lower than ever, DeLay's about to get tossed out on his ass. The Schiavo soap opera blew up in their faces. Let's face it, the neocons need a distraction. And the only thing that works for them is "terra terra terra".

it doesn't take rocket science (or even a law degree) to add that one up :)

academic punk
04-11-2005, 03:24 PM
Junior's approval rate is lower than ever, DeLay's about to get tossed out on his ass. The Schiavo soap opera blew up in their faces. Let's face it, the neocons need a distraction. And the only thing that works for them is "terra terra terra".

it doesn't take rocket science (or even a law degree) to add that one up :)

Give FORD credit. His insanity sometimes is accompanied by a sound rationale.

Ally_Kat
04-11-2005, 03:27 PM

Could be his way of protest; make the cops seem like bad guys by taking down someone not doing much. I've seen similar protests.

FORD
04-11-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Could be his way of protest; make the cops seem like bad guys by taking down someone not doing much. I've seen similar protests.

Nah, even though you could only see the guy from the back, he looked completely oblivious to me. I'm thinking a little MK Ultra style brainwashing/hypnotism.

DrMaddVibe
04-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Nah, even though you could only see the guy from the back, he looked completely oblivious to me. I'm thinking a little MK Ultra style brainwashing/hypnotism.

Stop talking about yourself in the 3rd person.

It's nauseating.

FORD
04-11-2005, 03:45 PM
Just watch the video, AssVibe :rolleyes:

Warham
04-11-2005, 05:03 PM
:rolleyes:

FORD
04-11-2005, 05:06 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050411/lthumb.wx10304111829.capitol_suitcases_wx103.jpg
This photo provided by the Office of the House Majority Whip shows a unidentified man with two suitcases standing outside the Capitol, Monday, April 11, 2005. Later, police tackled and forcibly dragged away the man dressed in black and carrying the suitcases who had stationed himself in front of the west side of the U.S. Capitol. (AP Photo/Jessica Boulanger, Office of the House Majority Whip)

Interesting credits on that photo, huh? Funny that a DeLay staffer would have a professional camera ready to go like that.......:rolleyes:

Guitar Shark
04-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Interesting credits on that photo, huh? Funny that a DeLay staffer would have a professional camera ready to go like that.......:rolleyes:

She's just a staff member in DeLay's office, FORD, why do you say she has a professional camera? Any old camera could have taken that photo. It's probably from the window of DeLay's office.

Warham
04-11-2005, 05:25 PM
Professional camera???

Shit, I've taken better pictures than that in my sleep with my $200 camera.

She probably had a fuckin' camera in her drawer, snapped a picture, then uploaded it to her computer and sent it to the press office.

DrMaddVibe
04-11-2005, 06:30 PM
No, it's Jet Li filming his newest flick, "Fuck All Of The Conspiricies In The Ass"

bueno bob
04-11-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
No, it's Jet Li filming his newest flick, "Fuck All Of The Conspiricies In The Ass"

Also starring Sean Penn and directed by Clint Eastwood, it's got Oscar buzz already, I hear.

DrMaddVibe
04-11-2005, 07:33 PM
Well then Sandra Bullock is in too!

bueno bob
04-11-2005, 07:36 PM
Sandra Bullock and Jet Li are the next Brad and Jennifer without a doubt.

academic punk
04-11-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Professional camera???

Shit, I've taken better pictures than that in my sleep with my $200 camera.

I've seen those pics. Just how drunk WERE you and Big Bad Brian to wind up in bed like that??? ;)

Phil theStalker
04-11-2005, 10:47 PM
The man couldn't speak English. He was a Chinese tourist. His body language is different, too. I hope he sues their asses f4or not following normal police procedure t2o better communicate with the man bef4ore da use aff force.

I wish I was his lawyer.

:spank:

Phil theStalker
04-11-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
I've seen those pics. Just how drunk WERE you and Big Bad Brian to wind up in bed like that??? ;) I had respect f4or Warham and BBB, butt nows dat's shot t2o hell, guys.

Thanks a lot you t2wo twinkies.

Does Warham have a creamy center?

Does BBB eat da middle aff an Orea fir1st and save da chocolate cookie outside f4or last? huh

:spank:

FORD
04-12-2005, 03:06 AM
Now that they've announced that the guy was Chinese, maybe he really WAS there to meet Junior.

The BCE have been tied to the Chinese communist government for ages. Maybe this was one of their business partners and he got lost looking for the White House?

Seriously though, what will probably happen, now that the fact that the suitcases were clean has become common knowledge, is that the media whores will announce within the next two days that the whole thing was a "Homeland Security drill" and that everything went exactly as planned.

Warham
04-12-2005, 06:36 AM
And then the media will get back on their 'crucify Tom Delay' mission from God.

DrMaddVibe
04-12-2005, 07:02 AM

The BCE have been tied to the Chinese communist government for ages.

Ever tried to get good Chinese take-out? Ever had one of them deliver?

Nothing to see here. Move along little man.

x3maine
04-12-2005, 09:55 AM

But wait - the media is all left wing, and left wingers don't even believe in God!

The only ones who get Missions from God are George Bush and his Apostles, Tom Delay, most Republicunts, the FCC, etc etc etc.

God only speaks to Republicunts. Everyone knows this.

FORD
04-12-2005, 10:29 AM

Well, at least he'll be crucified for his own sins.

academic punk
04-12-2005, 10:40 AM
Well, at least he'll be crucified for his own sins.

A zinger!! A five star zinger!!!

Warham
04-12-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by x3maine
But wait - the media is all left wing, and left wingers don't even believe in God!

The only ones who get Missions from God are George Bush and his Apostles, Tom Delay, most Republicunts, the FCC, etc etc etc.

God only speaks to Republicunts. Everyone knows this.

I guess you haven't been reading the Democrat memos that have been circulating around. Dingy Harry (D-NV) says they have to get in touch with the Christian voter, to show them that Jesus was card-carrying liberal.

Jesus Christ
04-12-2005, 04:32 PM
Jesus was a card-carrying liberal.

As ye hath said, My son :)

http://www.cardcarryingliberal.com/
http://www.cardcarryingliberal.com/images/details/card_fht_outside.gif

GAR
04-12-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Dude. Is there no conspiracy theory you will not buy into?

On this rare instance I buy it too, I think FORD is right.

Jesterstar
04-12-2005, 04:51 PM
It was a total set up. They are scrabling since the majority of the american public is seeing through the smokescreen of fake info that the NWO is hitting us with.

BigBadBrian
04-12-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Jesterstar
It was a total set up. They are scrabling since the majority of the american public is seeing through the smokescreen of fake info that the NWO is hitting us with.

Bullshit.

They should've made Kung Pao Human out of him. :gulp:

Jesterstar
04-12-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Bullshit.

They should've made Kung Pao Human out of him. :gulp:

Why would they??? He was working for them.

Warham
04-12-2005, 05:38 PM

Scrabbling? I have my Scrabble game in my coat closet on the shelf. Haven't played in a few months, though.

academic punk
04-12-2005, 06:10 PM
You know the apocalypse is near when Just-a-tool is following FORD's lead...

REPENT, MOTHERFUCKAS!!!

Jesterstar
04-12-2005, 07:42 PM
Ford is a fucking dipshit and I intend on getting him demodded so he see's who the tough guy on the internet. AND IT'S JESTERSTAR/

Nickdfresh
04-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Ford is a fucking dipshit and I intend on getting him demodded so he see's who the tough guy on the internet. AND IT'S JESTERSTAR/

Don't you have to go whore out Cherstar for the rent money?

ODShowtime
04-12-2005, 10:09 PM

If the BCE wanted to scare us, they have much more effective ways to do it.

Ally_Kat
04-12-2005, 11:03 PM
Scrabbling? I have my Scrabble game in my coat closet on the shelf. Haven't played in a few months, though.

i have a purse with scrabble on it

FORD
04-13-2005, 01:34 AM

Hmmm...... I don't seem to remember hearing reports of a blizzard in Hell on the Weather Channel...

Guess I better call Satan and confirm that.......

Nope. He says Jizzy's full of dragonshit.

BigBadBrian
04-13-2005, 07:46 AM

A toughguy?

Named JesterStar?

I'll have to remember that and quake in my boots. :rolleyes:

Jesterstar
04-13-2005, 09:17 AM
Keep it up ford. I'll twist the knife when the time is right. OWNED.

Nickdfresh
04-13-2005, 09:37 AM

Feable pissant!

FORD
04-13-2005, 01:02 PM

Jizzy doesn't even "own" the Depends he just pissed in. :cool:

academic punk
04-13-2005, 01:04 PM
say...what HAS happened with this guy with the suitcases?

FORD
04-13-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
say...what HAS happened with this guy with the suitcases?

Considering the whole thing was a stunt, I doubt you'll ever hear about it again.

ODShowtime
04-13-2005, 07:07 PM

I would love to hear the story behind this one...

Nitro Express
04-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Shit. That dude with the suitcases just looks like an average bloak from Shanghi or Bejing. Probably taking a tour of Washington D.C. looking at all the sites. If you travel, you usually have some carry-on luggage and the bigger the better because the more stuff you buy on vacation, you have room for it. If you have been to China, the Chinese carry lots of stuff around. I walked around the Forbidden City with a big ass camera bag and a huge bag on the other shoulder. Shit, I wish I had the suitcases with wheels to pull around. Maybe the capital police hate luggage with wheels. LOL!

BigBadBrian
04-14-2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
I would love to hear the story behind this one...

Don't say that! He'll actually tell us!

Jesterstar
04-14-2005, 09:00 AM
Shut it and stay on topic. Ford knows why he will be demodded.

FORD
04-14-2005, 09:23 AM
:rolleyes:

ODShowtime
04-14-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Don't say that! He'll actually tell us!

Yeah, I thought about that after I typed it. Looks like we dodged a bullet there.

ol' Denny was gonna get Ford demoded too, how'd that work out?

Guitar Shark
04-15-2005, 04:20 PM
Considering the whole thing was a stunt, I doubt you'll ever hear about it again.

Wrong

CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/04/15/capitol.scare.ap/index.html)

Man arrested with suitcases at Capitol deported
Friday, April 15, 2005 Posted: 2:26 PM EDT (1826 GMT)

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The man who caused a scare with suitcases at the U.S. Capitol this week was deported to Australia on Friday for violating the terms of his visa, Homeland Security Department officials said.

The man, Wen Hao Zhao, had stationed himself on the west side of the Capitol on Monday with two black suitcases and asked to see the president. After a standoff, he was tackled and dragged away by police who feared Zhao was a possible suicide bomber.

Police later blew up the suitcases, which contained a CD player.

Zhao is a native of China but an Australian citizen.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials said Zhao entered the United Stated legally April 8 with an Australian passport.

He was admitted under a waiver program that allows citizens of certain countries entrance without a visa.

The visa waiver program has a public safety provision, which officials said Zhao violated when he prompted the Capitol scare.

The midday incident Monday -- which occurred at the peak of the cherry blossoms in one of Washington's busiest tourist seasons -- led police to evacuate the West Lawn and briefly bar tourists from the Capitol.

Warham
04-15-2005, 06:14 PM
Doesn't sound like anything related to Bush or that wickedly sinful Tom Delay.

ODShowtime
04-15-2005, 06:29 PM
Doesn't sound like anything related to Bush or that wickedly sinful Tom Delay.

Clinton was pulling the strings. ;)

Warham
04-15-2005, 06:32 PM
No, Clinton is too busy with that wickedly sinful Kofi Annan right now to worry about Washington D.C.

ODShowtime
04-15-2005, 06:36 PM
No, Clinton is too busy with that wickedly sinful Kofi Annon right now to worry about Washington D.C.

Is "wickedly sinful" the phrase of the day or what?

So what was that chinaman doing out there?

Warham
04-15-2005, 06:49 PM
It's my phrase of the day.

I have no idea what he was doing. Maybe he was going to ask Bush to get some takeout with him.

Guitar Shark
04-15-2005, 06:58 PM
I have no idea what he was doing. Maybe he was going to ask Bush to get some takeout with him.

A married Chinese couple are in bed.

Husband turns to the wife and says, "I wanna 69."

Wife says, "Why do you want beef & broccoli NOW?"

Warham
04-15-2005, 09:36 PM
:D

fanofdave
04-15-2005, 09:56 PM
that takedown was staged, alright, but it was staged
by the jackass with the suitcases just so he could get
the whiny liberals to claim "the bush group" was trying
to divert your attention back to terrorism. he was
purposely standing there, knowing fully well he would
be considered a possible threat. he wanted to get
the "police bum rush" just to solicit sympathy from
the crying liberals. he's lucky i wasn't in charge.
i would have dotted his forehead with a bullet
after the laser sight painted the target. end of story.

quit looking for an agenda, liberals.