PDA

View Full Version : Wow....not only is Robert Plant coming to Gnashville on June 29th

Hardrock69
04-12-2005, 05:06 PM
Man this show is going to sell out so fast.

I called a friend here to see if he wants to go. He is a metal vocalist, but his preference in music is so fucking limited that 99% of the shows I tell him about he starts whining and making excuses why he won't go.

Oh well. His loss. I find it amazing sometimes how some people have such a limited interest in music, even when they are musicians.....

Oh well.

And it appears that this band Robrt is with (Strange Sensations) is mostly acoustic in nature.

What the heck. If I can see this show, I will really dig it! So far I have seen Page/Plant once, and then I saw John Paul Jones open for King Crimson a couple of years ago.

Kinda funny, at one point he brought out a ukelele. Everyone in the audience (crammed full of musicians and industry people) kinda snickered and laughed.

So he started to play this little blues riff on the ukelele and sing this little song about going shopping on a Sunday with his wife/girlfriend/lover....

I tell you what....it turned out that the 'little' riff he was playing was so full of soul...it turned out to be a monster song....the room gave him a standing ovation after he was done (yours truly included).

So I have seen the three surviving members of Led Zep, and have seen Jason Bonham (and met him) a couple of times as well.

Woot! Me keeps eyes upon TicketBastards for an on-sale date!

:D