PDA

View Full Version : Clinton Blasts Gay Republican Opponent Of Hillary

blueturk
04-12-2005, 06:47 PM
I'm not really a big Clinton fan or anything, but it seems to me that a gay man being rabidly Republican is like roaches for Raid. That said, what the hell is Clinton thinking?

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/12/nyregion/12clinton.html

Clinton Says Gay Opponent of His Wife May Be 'Self-Loathing'
By RAYMOND HERNANDEZ

Published: April 12, 2005

Former President Bill Clinton unleashed an attack yesterday against a gay Republican strategist who has plans to work against Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton's re-election, suggesting that the man may be "self-loathing" to work on behalf of the Republican Party.

The former president was reacting to reports that the strategist, Arthur J. Finkelstein, was in the midst of setting up a political action committee to defeat Mrs. Clinton in 2006. Republican officials close to Mr. Finkelstein have said that he hopes to be able to finance an advertising campaign similar to the one orchestrated against John Kerry last year by Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.

"I was sort of sad when I read it," Mr. Clinton said, speaking at a news conference at his office in Harlem, where he announced that his foundation was donating $10 million to treat children with AIDS.

The former president noted that an earlier article over the weekend reported that Mr. Finkelstein had married his male partner in a civil ceremony at his home in Massachusetts, then he alluded to the Republican Party's use of the same-sex marriage issue to mobilize conservative voters.

"Either this guy believes his party is not serious and he's totally Machiavellian," Mr. Clinton said, or "he may be blinded by self-loathing." Mr. Finkelstein, a reclusive former adviser to Gov. George E. Pataki, did not respond to a message left at his office seeking a comment on Mr. Clinton's remarks. But his allies quickly did.

"It's really beneath a former president to comment on someone's personal life like that," said Michael McKeon, a Republican strategist, former Pataki aide and friend of Mr. Finkelstein's. "After everything he has been through in his own life, you'd think he'd know better."

The spectacle of the former president coming to the defense of his wife, a tough politician in her own right, generated considerable buzz in political circles, particularly since Mr. Clinton has tried to keep a low profile and stay out of Mrs. Clinton's way since she took office.

While Mrs. Clinton's popularity rating is high and Republicans are having trouble finding a strong candidate to run against her, the senator's political advisers have seized on Mr. Finkelstein's plans as a strong sign of the fierce campaign they expect from Republicans.

Mr. Finkelstein, who helped engineer Mr. Pataki's 1994 victory over Gov. Mario M. Cuomo, has not publicly commented on his plans to establish an anti-Clinton committee.

But the Republicans familiar with those plans say he is attempting to line up donors to help the committee, called Stop Her Now, reach its goal of raising as much as $10 million to finance an independent campaign against her. In that context, Mr. Clinton offered high praise for his wife's record in office, describing her as a hard-working senator. "I don't think he'll stop her," he said, referring to Mr. Finkelstein.

Mr. Finkelstein's associates have said they were surprised to learn of his marriage to another man, in light of his history with the party and his own place as a prominent conservative. He has been allied over the years with Republicans who have adamantly opposed gay rights measures, including former Senator Jesse Helms of North Carolina. Mr. Finkelstein has been the subject of attacks by gay rights advocates who have accused him of hypocrisy.

FORD
04-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Closet queer Republicans who openly support discrimination against homosexuals deserve to be called out on it, just as Clarence Thomas would be called out if he voted in favor of a Supreme Court decision which benefitted racists.

Warham
04-12-2005, 08:27 PM
And I thought the Democrats were the party for gays. For shame!

FORD
04-12-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Warham
And I thought the Democrats were the party for gays. For shame!

We're the party of equal rights, period. A gay homophobe opposing equal rights is no better than a straight homophobe opposing equal rights.

Take Ann Coulter - what the fuck is up with her hatred of gays? She's a shemale who hangs out with Matt Drudge, the queen of the south Florida rave scene.

Now obviously something doesn't compute there.

Hateful fuckheads need to be called out on their bullshit. Self-hating fuckheads are no execption.

academic punk
04-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Well, the republican ticket sure ain't.

Warham
04-12-2005, 08:48 PM
Well, Democrats might say that but Clinton sure isn't acting like it.

So if a gay is a Republican, then he's self-loathing?

It's OK to attack the Republican candidate, but if somebody attacks the Democratic candidate, it's the politics of personal destruction, especially for an untouchable like Hillary.

And here I thought Poppy and Dubya were rubbing off on Slick Willy.

DrMaddVibe
04-12-2005, 08:48 PM
http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/sounds/fasttimes/fags.wav

academic punk
04-12-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Well, Democrats might say that but Clinton sure isn't acting like it.

So if a gay is a Republican, then he's self-loathing?

That's a blanket statement, so no.

If they support the republican agenda regarding taxes, the environment, education, foregin policy, etc etc, then no, this individual is not self-loathing.

If the person attepmts to conceal their sexual identity and agrees with the need for a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage, then yeah, I'd say the individual has a problem.

academic punk
04-12-2005, 08:52 PM
BTW, Clinton is reacting to this person's attack on his wife.

You're telling me that if someone said derogatory PERSONAL things about your wife you wouldn't react in kind?

blueturk
04-12-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Closet queer Republicans who openly support discrimination against homosexuals deserve to be called out on it, just as Clarence Thomas would be called out if he voted in favor of a Supreme Court decision which benefitted racists.

I agree that Finkelstein should be called out, I just don't think Clinton should have done it. It may backfire.

Warham
04-12-2005, 08:55 PM
No, Clinton is reacting to him forming an anti-Hillary committee. The guy never made personal attacks on her.

"It's really beneath a former president to comment on someone's personal life like that," said Michael McKeon, a Republican strategist, former Pataki aide and friend of Mr. Finkelstein's. "After everything he has been through in his own life, you'd think he'd know better."

Warham
04-12-2005, 08:56 PM
This is about Clinton calling a gay who works for the Republicans self-loathing, period.

DrMaddVibe
04-12-2005, 08:59 PM
http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/sounds/pulp_fiction/dicks.wav

Cathedral
04-12-2005, 10:04 PM
Take Ann Coulter - what the fuck is up with her hatred of gays?

Maybe the same thing that is up with all other sensible people of planet earth, Genesis 13:13.

And I Quote, "But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the Lord exceedingly"

academic punk
04-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Maybe the same thing that is up with all other sensible people of planet earth, Genesis 13:13.

And I Quote, "But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the Lord exceedingly"

I think that passage applied not to homosexuality, but rather beastiality. With goats, to be specific.

academic punk
04-12-2005, 10:12 PM

But seriously, who what are you saying here, Cat? That the Republican in question is wrong, a sinner, and has no business in the body politics? So, then, is Clinton correct (who had urged Kerry to make statements supporting the gay marriage ban)?

Either way, it shouldn't make a difference: our country is based on a firm seperation of - you guessed it - church and state. That means that THE MORALS of the Bible, and THE LAWS of the country are to be decided upon seperately. Does that equate with hedonism? From your perspective, I suppose it does. My peronal viewpoint is that it is a haven of tolerance for others of different beliefs and cultures.

Cathedral
04-12-2005, 11:34 PM
The words "Seperation of Church and State" are not in the Constitution and the fact that our money claims we trust in God, along with the cornerstones of just about every building in Washington having something scriptural built into it urges me to question all that crap.

As for the sexual orientation of any politician, that is their business and not mine.
I don't hate gay people, but they will never get the impression that i find their choice in lifestyle acceptable.
I'll pray for them, I'll invite them to church with me, but beyond that i'll have no contact socially with them.

It is my rsponsibility as a student of God's word to reach out to the sinner. I am a sinner myself and i hit rocky roads at times where i lose sight of what i need to do, but try and will continue to try to live a life that is pleasing to God.

Cathedral
04-12-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
I think that passage applied not to homosexuality, but rather beastiality. With goats, to be specific.

Really?
Can you point to where in that scripture it makes that distinction?

FORD
04-13-2005, 01:05 AM
Really?
Can you point to where in that scripture it makes that distinction?

Can you point to where homosexuality is specifically mentioned in the Sodom and Gommorrah story?

Rape and incest ARE specifically mentioned. Lot endorses one, and his daughters endorsed the other. Are we then to assume from this favorable depiction that God himself endorses rape and incest?

If you believe the men of the city were only guilty of being homosexual, and that was why they were nuked, then you would also have to buy that God approves rape and incest, as He didn't kill Lot or his slutty daughters.

And a God who endorses rape and incest isn't consistent with the teachings of Jesus Christ. Neither is a God who nukes an entire city just because the Queer Eye guys stopped by Lot's house to do some redecorating.

FORD
04-13-2005, 01:20 AM

There's a lot of wicked sinners out there. And even by the most liberal estimates, only 10% of them are gay.

Of course you can't compare Anndrew Coulter to a "sensible person". S/he might one day succeed in changing her gender, but I doubt s/he'll ever change the hatefulness in her heart that is spewed every time s/he opens her mouth or touches a keyboard.

And in her case, most of the hatred is for herself. Spewing all this anti-gay shit, as if people don't notice the huge hands and bulging Adams Apple she has.

In psychology there is a term called "reaction formation" where you hate something so much within yourself that you make it a crusade, if you will to strike out against that very thing, but in other people. And based on that theory, it's very possible that many right wing extremists who can't shut up about their hatred of homosexuals are as obsessed as they are, because who they truly hate is the gay man in their own closet. Only in Anndrew's case the closet door doesn't even exist.

Makes you wonder about Falwell & Dobson's obsession with cartoon characters though :D

Cathedral
04-13-2005, 02:49 AM
Now Ford, you know i can't specifically state that Genesis 13:13 was or was not talking about homosexuals.
AP replied that in his opinion its context is about sticking it to a goat, and i don't see that in my Bible either.

My point was rather that God saw serious fault in all men of Sodom and therefore destroyed it.
To me, it makes sense that nothing they were doing was pleasing to God.

Leviticus 18:22 – “Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.”

Leviticus 20:13 – “If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.”

Now it seems to me that it is clear that God has contempt for homosexual acts, and considering the things that went on at Sodom and Gommorah, and what finally befell all who lived there....you do the math, lol.
And just because Jesus never spoke of homosexuality isn't a green light to move forward into the rearend of another man.

I don't hate homosexuals, i don't hate anyone.
I don't shun them because i don't agree with their lifestyle.
I reach out to them and hope they find God and put behind them the demon that led them astray.

Warham
04-13-2005, 06:51 AM
Can you point to where homosexuality is specifically mentioned in the Sodom and Gommorrah story?

Rape and incest ARE specifically mentioned. Lot endorses one, and his daughters endorsed the other. Are we then to assume from this favorable depiction that God himself endorses rape and incest?

If you believe the men of the city were only guilty of being homosexual, and that was why they were nuked, then you would also have to buy that God approves rape and incest, as He didn't kill Lot or his slutty daughters.

And a God who endorses rape and incest isn't consistent with the teachings of Jesus Christ. Neither is a God who nukes an entire city just because the Queer Eye guys stopped by Lot's house to do some redecorating.

http://www.kencollins.com/bible-i3.htm

A good explanation of the story.

DrMaddVibe
04-13-2005, 06:56 AM
Casting pearls before swine, eh?

BigBadBrian
04-13-2005, 07:49 AM

Take Ann Coulter - what the fuck is up with her hatred of gays? She's a shemale who hangs out with Matt Drudge, the queen of the south Florida rave scene.

Your knowledge of those matters is unparalleled. We all need to start calling you Buttercup, right? ;)

BigBadBrian
04-13-2005, 07:52 AM

I reach out to them and hope they find God and put behind them the demon that led them astray.

Amen. That demon is the one that makes them want to suck another man's dick. Detestable I say. :mad:

academic punk
04-13-2005, 08:51 AM

In psychology there is a term called "reaction formation" where you hate something so much within yourself that you make it a crusade, if you will to strike out against that very thing, but in other people.

So, FORD, could you yourself be having a "reaction formation" to your own closet neo-conism? ;)

FORD
04-13-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by academic punk
So, FORD, could you yourself be having a "reaction formation" to your own closet neo-conism? ;)

No. if I found myself having neocon thoughts, I'd just commit suicide and be done with it. If I'm gonna burn in Hell for all eternity with the Beast (Junior), the Dragon (PNAC), and the False Prophet (The whore of Babylon media) then I might as well get on with it.

academic punk
04-13-2005, 09:54 AM
No. if I found myself having neocon thoughts, I'd just commit suicide and be done with it. If I'm gonna burn in Hell for all eternity with the Beast (Junior), the Dragon (PNAC), and the False Prophet (The whore of Babylon media) then I might as well get on with it.

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahaha!!!!!!!!!