PDA

View Full Version : What DLR should do!

vanhalendlrband
01-02-2004, 10:33 AM
He should hook back up with EEAS band. Cuz those guys if they were together might actually have a shot at gettin' a record label, espescially if the Van Hagar thing goes through, a lot more people will be interested in the old situation again and start the war again.

EAST COAST
01-02-2004, 11:08 AM
JUST BARGE INTO EDS CRIB AND DEMAND TO BE BACK IN THE BAND, IF IT DONT WORK EAT EM AND SMILE.

Elitest
01-02-2004, 11:17 AM
Whats wrong with the current DLR band ???

They ROCK!!!
( and they're young....)

vanhalendlrband
01-02-2004, 12:24 PM
Not that there is anything wrong with the new band. But lets face it an EEAS reunion is the next best thing to a Van Halen (and when i say Van Halen i always mean DLR VH, never Van Hagar, if i wanna talk about Van Hagar i'll say Van Hagar.) reunion. The EEAS band was when it looked like DLR might just stay strong after Van Halen, but then y'know sales from the last album and all. The EEAS band reunion would help cuz Steve Vai and others would have a lot more pull cuz not only is it a soloist in David Lee Roth but as well as Steve Vai who is of course very popular among guitarists. This would mean a chance for maybe a one record well promoted album with the original David Lee Roth solo band. They had a lot of big hits and were almost as talented together if not more at points then Van Halen was and would easily be able to make good hits today i'm sure of it. A record label may also be looking for something to snag on to a Van Hagar reunion that bringing David Lee Roth back into the big medium (as much as i hate to say he ever left it cuz all his shits been good by my tastes). would probably mean even more sales for the fact that Van Halen and all the past will be talked about again very much if that Greatest Hits Volume 2 (and i believe it is happening if it is reported in my favourite newpaper the Province and also seein as Bob Rock lives here) were to be a #1 album followed with a short tour. We're talkin not only a return of the 2nd brand of Van Halen if this happens but a return of the whole Van Halen UNIVERSE which would include David Lee Roth and how he will be talked about much more than in recent years. As I say again at a time like this if the EEAS band got back together it would be even more publicity now that David Lee Roth pulled something fairly big around the same time as Van Hagar, seeing as it would be a reunion of a fairly big 80's band like the EEAS band, would make it really hard for a record label to say no to even a 1 album deal to see if it could actually be big.

I think this could be a reality if the EEAS band got back together. That is all my hands are starting to hurt from typing.

IrishPunk
01-02-2004, 02:28 PM
he should give up on trying to be relevant. Just give his fans what they want. Classic VH tunes and old school dave bravado.

azcrdnal
01-02-2004, 02:41 PM
i agree with that but we will see dave back with vanhalen.

Starwood
01-02-2004, 04:33 PM
Never happen.

Von Halen
01-02-2004, 04:39 PM
I'd rather see the current band doing justice to the classic VH songs, than to see the EEAS Band butcher them again. An EEAS Band reunion would be more irrelevant than a Van Hagar reunion.

DLRSLAVE
01-02-2004, 04:57 PM
Dave & VH quit dreamin currant band Ray,Toshi,Brian,James
now thats tight

Seshmeister
01-02-2004, 05:02 PM
Sheehan would be up for it, doubt Vai would long term anyway.

I was never a big Gregg Bissonette fan.

Cheers!

:gulp:

SpanishFly Guy
01-02-2004, 05:05 PM
Just release a new CD with originals with this band!!!

IrishPunk
01-02-2004, 05:17 PM
and watch it fly off the shelves? lol riiight. Stick to the classics and tour. why make a new album when you dont play the tunes live anyway.

Big Worm
01-02-2004, 05:28 PM
MAN FOR ONCE I AGREE WITH YOU IP....
THE ONLY WAY I THINK DAVE COULD SELL AGAIN IS IF HE WERE WITH VH.....I PERSONALY LIKE SOME OF HIS
SOLO/DLR BAND SHIT, BUT THE NEW STUFF DOESNT SEEM TO DO IT FOR ME THESE DAYS. HE DOES A GREAT STAGE PERFORMANCE LIVE WITH THE OLD SHIT....I SAY STICK WITH IT.

ZahZoo
01-02-2004, 06:12 PM
Dave, should keep the current band, record an album of originals... hold the cover-tunes and shop for a new label, better distribution and promotion...

Paul Belfi
01-02-2004, 06:14 PM
A reunion with the EEAS band would make the most sense right now.

As far as I know there aren't any hard feelings between Dave and the rest of the band individually or collectively...

Paul

EAST COAST
01-03-2004, 09:05 AM
i went to a steve vai instrumental show at a club called the strand in providence r.i. in the middle ninetys, 96 or 95 i think. and got a backstage pass. i was able to ask him a question and get an autograph. i asked him if dave was hard to work with, he said YEP, with a smile, then he said to me we never should have broken up. if that band stayed together we would be selling out the taj majal... and that is a quote..

lesfunk
01-04-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by vanhalendlrband
Not that there is anything wrong with the new band. But lets face it an EEAS reunion is the next best thing to a Van Halen

The closest thing I saw to Van Halen was in Camden NJ and Hartford CT in 2002.

Calderone
01-05-2004, 07:50 AM
that show kicked ass
RAY LUZIER is the best drummer ever !

Gmoney
01-19-2004, 02:28 PM
An EEAS reunion would kick ass.

What are Steve Vai and Billy Sheehan doing these days??

Dave IS VH
01-19-2004, 04:04 PM
Dave can get back with EEAS Band or contine doing what he is doing but nothing is going to sell at less it's an VH reuion thats the only way he is going to get the big album sells and get back playing in the big venus I loved Dave's new album and also think his current tours and stage preformince kicks ass. but the General public dosn't think so of course we live in the Fucked up times where the music world is being run by boy bands pop stars, rappers and pop/hip hop that also has somthing to do with it

Terry
01-19-2004, 05:27 PM
Dave doesn't have to do anything in response to a Van Hagar reunion. If Sam Halen wants to get back together, whatever....hard to think of four people who deserve each other more than the Sam Halen lineup.

What Ed, Al and Mike SHOULD be doing is putting the classic lineup back together with Dave.

The Eat 'Em band were ok on record, but were abysmal live. Yeah, yeah, Billy is a great bass player, and Steve Vai is talented, but the instrumental end of that band live amounted to a technically talented guitarist and bassist throwing out flash for the sake of flash. Great for the time, but boring now.

Even Ed used to know when to lay back for the sake of the song.

Dave's new band is rock solid. Best thing Dave can do if Sam, Ed and the rest want to flounder is for Roth to just keep touring and being Dave. Although it's unlikely, I still think eventually Ed and Co. might pull their heads out of their asses long enough to realize the classic lineup was the best.

Calderone
01-19-2004, 06:54 PM
terry stole my thoughts

DavidLeeNatra
01-19-2004, 08:27 PM
sometimes I feel sooooo tired about all these endless discussions moving in circles...just sometimes...but better than another hair-thread anyway...