PDA

View Full Version : Howard Stern Show Taken Off Clear Channel Stations After 'Indecency Breach'

Viking
02-25-2004, 07:50 PM
So, what did ol' Bugle Beak say to get his ass in a sling?

Howard Stern Show Taken Off Clear Channel Stations
Wednesday February 25, 6:44 pm ET

SAN ANTONIO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 25, 2004--Clear Channel Radio has suspended the broadcast of Viacom's Howard Stern show, consistent with its Responsible Broadcasting Initiative announced earlier today. After assessing the content of yesterday's Howard Stern show, Clear Channel worked with local market managers to take swift and decisive action.
"Clear Channel drew a line in the sand today with regard to protecting our listeners from indecent content and Howard Stern's show blew right through it," said John Hogan, president and CEO of Clear Channel Radio. "It was vulgar, offensive, and insulting, not just to women and African Americans but to anyone with a sense of common decency. We will not air Howard Stern on Clear Channel stations until we are assured that his show will conform to acceptable standards of responsible broadcasting," Hogan said.

Clear Channel Communications, Inc. (NYSE:CCU - News), headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, is a global leader in the media and entertainment industry with radio and television stations, outdoor advertising displays, and live entertainment venues in 65 countries around the world.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/040225/255963_1.html

Sarge
02-25-2004, 09:14 PM
seems like everyone is starting to get concious after the Janet Jackson saggy breast ordeal

alexpgrimes
02-25-2004, 10:58 PM
I think I'm more offended by someone telling me what I can and can not listen to than seeing Janet's nasty saggy tit.

Flash Bastard
02-25-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by alexpgrimes
I think I'm more offended by someone telling me what I can and can not listen to than seeing Janet's nasty saggy tit.

Amen brother.

Queer Channel also fired popular syndicated host Bubba the Love Sponge today.

Dave IS VH
02-25-2004, 11:46 PM
Howard Stern has been off the air in our market for years.