PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork filed on numerous NFL trades

Va Beach VH Fan
02-25-2004, 08:00 PM
Got this from http://sportsrumormill.com ....

The guy that posted this is supposedly an NFL scouting consultant, and appears to be a very trusted source....

----------------------

As promised here is the list of trades that I know have been submitted through the NFL Office. First, since must of you wouldn’t know this there are three types of trade proposals teams may submit.
A binding trade. This means the teams are willing to discuss certain players or considerations only. Negotiations may continue for as long as the parties agree to negotiate. The recipient must terminate the offer. The recipient being the team the trade offer is submitted to. This form of a trade has a specific (pending) Negotiations ongoing.
1.) player or players listed as well specific other considerations. This is usually the final offer. Usually once a team goes from non-binding to binding then they term this a rollover.
2.) A non-binding trade. A team here considered the intended party must agree to allow the presenting full access in speaking to the player or players desired. Basically, this allows a team to contact another team without fear of tampering rule violations. This is usually considered an invitation to talk. A player or players the team intends to speak with must be documented.
3.) A collective agreement. A team asks for authorization from two or more teams to negotiate trade parameters. Very rarely is this ever used and is hardly worth discussing.

Below are eleven trades that I have paperwork on. The remaining seven trades I have no details on at this time. The trades are in no particular order. I’m sure you will find some interesting information in these trades.

Miami to Philadelphia (non-binding) A.J. Feely
(Rollover) Miami grants a conditional second round pick in 2005.
Conditional Clause: The pick will escalate to a first round pick if A.J. Feely takes more than 80% of the snaps in 2004 and ranks with in the top ten quarterbacks by season end.

Miami to Houston (non-binding) Drew Henson.
(Rollover) Houston will receive Miami’s second round pick in 2005. Agreement of contract must necessitate this trade.
(Termination) Trade terminated by Houston due to inadequate salary negotiations.

San Diego to Washington (non-binding) Patrick Ramsey
(Denied) Washington denies at this time.

Detroit to Washington (non-binding) Champ Bailey
(Rollover) Detroit agrees to grant pick #6 in the 2004 draft as well as DE Cory Redding to Washington for Champ Bailey.
(Termination) Trade terminated by Washington due to new acceptance of offers.

Buffalo to Houston (non-binding) Drew Henson
Negotiations ongoing.

Cincinnati to Washington (non-binding) Champ Bailey and Corey Dillon
(Termination) Trade terminated by Washington due to new acceptance of offers.

Chicago to Cincinnati (non-binding) Corey Dillon
Negotiations to be discussed at a later date.

San Diego to St. Louis (non-binding) Kurt Warner
(Pending) No negotiations at this time.

Oakland to St. Louis (non-binding) Kurt Warner
(Pending) No negotiations at this time.

New England to St. Louis (non-binding) Lamar Gordon
(Pending) Negotiations ongoing.

Pittsburgh to Carolina (non-binding) DeShawn Foster
(Pending) Negotiations ongoing.

*** A follow-up post from him states the Panthers look to be only asking for a 3rd round pick this year and a conditional pick in 2005 dependent on his 2004 performance..... ****

Troy
02-25-2004, 08:46 PM
I can't see St Louis giving up Gordon with Faulk getting older.

Even though nothing is happening... Warner to the Raiders? Have they lost faith in Gannon. I'd like to see that.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-29-2004, 07:56 PM
And the latest...

Hey Troy, check it out, your boy Bulger coming home to play for the Stillers ????

Hello everyone, I'm back from myy three days of travel. In three days I went from Dayton to New York to Miami to Denver and finally San Diego. The trip ended with me playing the worst round of golf in years. Coach Schottenheimer shot an impressive 71 (par) to my terrible 76. I'm quite embarrased by my score but coach agreed on a revenge match later this year. Overall my trip was enjoyable yet exhausting. I'm getting too old for these marathons.
Anyway on to information you want to know. I was sent to New York to gain some clarity into the Terrell Owens situation. I recently reported that Terrell's appeal process had been shot down by the NFL. Although I wasn't incorrect I didn't have all of the information. Terrell's agent David Joseph made a claim to the NFL that all paper work had been filed. This opens the door for a new appeal by Terrell. The NFL has launched an internal investigation to examine whether the paper work was lost. Joseph claims the paper work was mailed on February 23rd. Although, this is later than the deadline of February 21st, Joseph claims he never received the certified letter by the NFL claiming the date had been move to February 21st. After speaking with NFL personnel I found out in fact that only 15% of the agents received letters. Based on the CBA the agents are suppose to recveive certified letters of date changes affecting player contracts. As a non-practicing registered agent I never received a letter. Does Terrell have a case? Indeed I would say he does. The NFL has not made ruling on when the case will be heard. I will update you as I'm updated.

Denver has made indirect contact with Cincinati concerning Corey Dillon. I am personally serving as representative of Denver on this matter. I will know more as the week progresses.

Denver informed me that Shanon Sharpe does plan to return in 2004.
Miami is very intersted in obtaining a wide receiver in round #1 to team with Feeley for years to come.

Miami plans to be very active in free agency. The main focus of free agency will be to solidify the offensive line.

Buffalo has scheduled a private workout with Drew Henson. According to Houston, Tom Donhaue has already worked out contract parameters that will allow Henson to fit under Houston's 2003 rookie signing pool. Buffalo intends to put Henson through two days of tests concentrating on reading defenses on film. Sam Wyche will lead the testing. If all goes well as expected the deal will be done.

San Diego will not draft Eli Manning or Larry Fitzgerald. Instead they are focused on Robert Gallery. San Diego feels that after having converstions with Garcia's agent (tampering) that they should have no trouble signign Garcia. Jeff has indicated he would like to play for either Oakland or San Diego. No teams have offered to trade with San Diego. but they will entertain trading the pick for no less than (2) first round picks and a third round pick. San Diego is hoping that Rashaun Woods is available in round #2. What about defense? Schottenheimer being on a short string intends to address the defense in free agency. Players they are looking at;
Grant Wistrom DE
Robaire Smith DT
Brian Young DT
Deon Grant S
Mark Roman S
Mike Logan S

Duce Staley will sign with Dallas during free agency. Staley has indicated his desire to play for the Cowboys or the Patriots. The Patriots are showing no interest.

St. Louis fearing that several teams will make a run at Bulger tendered the highest tender possible 1.8 mil, resulting in a 1st and 3rd round pick for compensation. I'm hearing the tender has left Pittsburgh unfazed in their quest to bring Bulger home. They have crafted an offer for Bulger that they feel St. Louis will be unable to match due to Warner's cap number. Pittsburgh feels they afford to surrender 1st and 3rd round picks. They will try and recover a first round pick by opening the Burress trade talk again if they obtain Bulger. They will then hope to recover a third round pick by trading Zeroue. Kansas City as well as three other teams remain interested in Burress. Cowher would love to land Bulger and trade Burress. This will allow them to bring RandleEl into the lineup to provide a fast down field threat for Bulger. Teams who are interested in Burress are;
Philadelphia
N.Y. Jets (Have offered Jordan and a 2nd round pick)
Atlanta
Minnesota

Although Warren Sapp desires to stay in Tampa Bay the Galloway deal would strangle any possibility of this getting done. Oakland is planning to offer Sapp a blockbuster deal if he is a available.
Jerry Jones after conceding to Parcell's on the quarterback issue has made it his mission to make a run at Jevon Kearse. Parcell's has appeared to cave to Jerry on this one.

I will be surprised if Ted Washington is re-signed by New England. Just for the record the Patriots decision to allow Woody test the market is ignorant.

Cincinnati has focused on four free agents;
Kevin Mitchell LB
Nate Webster LB
Ahmed Plummer DB
Bobby Taylor DB
I spoke with Bobby Taylor on Friday and he was excited about having the oppertunity to play for his former coach Frasier again. He feels Frasier's scheme is built for him. Lewis and Frasier have been dueling between Taylor and Plummer. Lewis likes Plummer yet Frasier is big on Taylor. Look for Cincinnati to address the DB and LB this offseason. The team as I last heard is working hard to agree to a contract with Rodgers Beckett S.

For the past four years a group of consultants have gotten together at the beginning of March to make a one round mock draft. Well we each put $300 in the pot and the winner takes all. Total purse works about to be about $2700.00. I won in 2001 and finshed a respectable no worse than third in the other years. I will post my mock tonight for your entertainment.

I will have more news tommorrow once I begin making my weekly phone calls. Wednesday is D-Day so get ready as we will see some quick moves this year.

Sarge's Little Helper
02-29-2004, 07:56 PM
And the latest...

Hey Troy, check it out, your boy Bulger coming home to play for the Stillers ????

Hello everyone, I'm back from myy three days of travel. In three days I went from Dayton to New York to Miami to Denver and finally San Diego. The trip ended with me playing the worst round of golf in years. Coach Schottenheimer shot an impressive 71 (par) to my terrible 76. I'm quite embarrased by my score but coach agreed on a revenge match later this year. Overall my trip was enjoyable yet exhausting. I'm getting too old for these marathons.
Anyway on to information you want to know. I was sent to New York to gain some clarity into the Terrell Owens situation. I recently reported that Terrell's appeal process had been shot down by the NFL. Although I wasn't incorrect I didn't have all of the information. Terrell's agent David Joseph made a claim to the NFL that all paper work had been filed. This opens the door for a new appeal by Terrell. The NFL has launched an internal investigation to examine whether the paper work was lost. Joseph claims the paper work was mailed on February 23rd. Although, this is later than the deadline of February 21st, Joseph claims he never received the certified letter by the NFL claiming the date had been move to February 21st. After speaking with NFL personnel I found out in fact that only 15% of the agents received letters. Based on the CBA the agents are suppose to recveive certified letters of date changes affecting player contracts. As a non-practicing registered agent I never received a letter. Does Terrell have a case? Indeed I would say he does. The NFL has not made ruling on when the case will be heard. I will update you as I'm updated.

Denver has made indirect contact with Cincinati concerning Corey Dillon. I am personally serving as representative of Denver on this matter. I will know more as the week progresses.

Denver informed me that Shanon Sharpe does plan to return in 2004.
Miami is very intersted in obtaining a wide receiver in round #1 to team with Feeley for years to come.

Miami plans to be very active in free agency. The main focus of free agency will be to solidify the offensive line.

Buffalo has scheduled a private workout with Drew Henson. According to Houston, Tom Donhaue has already worked out contract parameters that will allow Henson to fit under Houston's 2003 rookie signing pool. Buffalo intends to put Henson through two days of tests concentrating on reading defenses on film. Sam Wyche will lead the testing. If all goes well as expected the deal will be done.

San Diego will not draft Eli Manning or Larry Fitzgerald. Instead they are focused on Robert Gallery. San Diego feels that after having converstions with Garcia's agent (tampering) that they should have no trouble signign Garcia. Jeff has indicated he would like to play for either Oakland or San Diego. No teams have offered to trade with San Diego. but they will entertain trading the pick for no less than (2) first round picks and a third round pick. San Diego is hoping that Rashaun Woods is available in round #2. What about defense? Schottenheimer being on a short string intends to address the defense in free agency. Players they are looking at;
Grant Wistrom DE
Robaire Smith DT
Brian Young DT
Deon Grant S
Mark Roman S
Mike Logan S

Duce Staley will sign with Dallas during free agency. Staley has indicated his desire to play for the Cowboys or the Patriots. The Patriots are showing no interest.

St. Louis fearing that several teams will make a run at Bulger tendered the highest tender possible 1.8 mil, resulting in a 1st and 3rd round pick for compensation. I'm hearing the tender has left Pittsburgh unfazed in their quest to bring Bulger home. They have crafted an offer for Bulger that they feel St. Louis will be unable to match due to Warner's cap number. Pittsburgh feels they afford to surrender 1st and 3rd round picks. They will try and recover a first round pick by opening the Burress trade talk again if they obtain Bulger. They will then hope to recover a third round pick by trading Zeroue. Kansas City as well as three other teams remain interested in Burress. Cowher would love to land Bulger and trade Burress. This will allow them to bring RandleEl into the lineup to provide a fast down field threat for Bulger. Teams who are interested in Burress are;
Philadelphia
N.Y. Jets (Have offered Jordan and a 2nd round pick)
Atlanta
Minnesota

Although Warren Sapp desires to stay in Tampa Bay the Galloway deal would strangle any possibility of this getting done. Oakland is planning to offer Sapp a blockbuster deal if he is a available.
Jerry Jones after conceding to Parcell's on the quarterback issue has made it his mission to make a run at Jevon Kearse. Parcell's has appeared to cave to Jerry on this one.

I will be surprised if Ted Washington is re-signed by New England. Just for the record the Patriots decision to allow Woody test the market is ignorant.

Cincinnati has focused on four free agents;
Kevin Mitchell LB
Nate Webster LB
Ahmed Plummer DB
Bobby Taylor DB
I spoke with Bobby Taylor on Friday and he was excited about having the oppertunity to play for his former coach Frasier again. He feels Frasier's scheme is built for him. Lewis and Frasier have been dueling between Taylor and Plummer. Lewis likes Plummer yet Frasier is big on Taylor. Look for Cincinnati to address the DB and LB this offseason. The team as I last heard is working hard to agree to a contract with Rodgers Beckett S.

For the past four years a group of consultants have gotten together at the beginning of March to make a one round mock draft. Well we each put $300 in the pot and the winner takes all. Total purse works about to be about $2700.00. I won in 2001 and finshed a respectable no worse than third in the other years. I will post my mock tonight for your entertainment.

I will have more news tommorrow once I begin making my weekly phone calls. Wednesday is D-Day so get ready as we will see some quick moves this year.

Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.

ALinChainz
02-29-2004, 08:05 PM
Gallery is a monster. Imagine the backlash of passing on a Manning if he were to turn out like Peyton. I know Peyton has't won a Super Bowl yet, but still, his numbers are damn good, record setting.

Looking forward to this draft.

Troy
02-29-2004, 09:16 PM
That's awesome Va!!!

I admit, Martz still has a hard on for Warner, meaning Bulger has no chance to succeed in St. Louis.

I'd love to see Bulger in Pittsburgh. Does this mean Maddux is done? Or would Bulger have to be a backup again?

Bulger deserves to start whereever he goes.