PDA

View Full Version : Frampton keyboardist dies of heart attack

Va Beach VH Fan
02-25-2004, 08:03 PM
BOB MAYO
1951 - 2004

We are all heartbroken to learn of the sudden death of Bob Mayo. Our condolences go out to all who knew and loved him. He will be missed.

From all of us in the Frampton Family

PRESS RELEASE 2/23/04

Basel, Switzerland, February 23, 2004 -- Bob Mayo passed away suddenly of a heart attack on February 23 at 4:00pm in Basel, Switzerland. Mayo, born in New York in 1951, was on tour with Peter Frampton who had just launched a concert tour of Europe. Bob Mayo's work is known and loved the world over for taste, style and presence as a professional keyboardist, guitarist, vocalist, producer, and
songwriter with international acts. Mayo performed with several bands in the 1960s before meeting Frampton. They toured the U.S. and Canada, recording the shows that resulted in 1976 "Frampton Comes Alive!" Following a brief break from touring, during which time he focused primarily on session work, Mayo later toured with Foreigner, Aerosmith and Robert Plant. In the spring of 1988, Mayo hooked up with old friends Mark Rivera and Tom T-Bone Wolk, performing with Darryl Hall and John Oates. Bob rejoined with Peter Frampton in 1992
for what was meant to be an eight-week tour. This turned into seven months on the road and a renewed personal and professional relationship. "Frampton Comes Alive 2" was released in 1995 with the DVD and CD "Live in Detroit" following in 1999. Most recently Mayo played on Peter Frampton's new CD, "Now." "Bob was like a brother to me," stated Peter Frampton. "We've performed and recorded together since 1975 and I will miss him a great deal. I have lost a close personal friend and a talented, professional and outstanding musician. My heartfelt condolences to his family." Mayo is survived by fiancee Laurie Pellillo, sons Christopher and Gregory Mayo, step-daughter Catherine Jacoby and sister Mary Jo Mayo. Services will be private. Service details and charitable donation information will be available soon. All remaining dates on the Peter Frampton European tour have been cancelled. Contact individual theatre box offices for information.

ELVIS
02-25-2004, 08:47 PM
Aww.. so sad...

ian_doherty
02-25-2004, 11:53 PM
that's a shame

Junyore Grades
02-26-2004, 09:15 AM
"Bob Mayo on keyboards!"

RIP

Do you feel like I do?

Va Beach VH Fan
02-26-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Junyore Grades
"Bob Mayo on keyboards!"

RIP

Do you feel like I do?

Well said bro, classic line from THE live album....

Hecubus
02-27-2004, 01:08 AM
Terrible tragedy. I heard them play in the Bone studios out here in S.F. & they were stellar.

Condolences.