PDA

View Full Version : Jacko Must Sell Off The Beatles Catalog!!!!!

DrMaddVibe
04-14-2005, 07:33 PM
Jacko Must Make Beatles Sale
Thursday, April 14, 2005
By Roger Friedman
Jacko Must Make Beatles Sale

A deal to extricate Michael Jackson from his perilous financial situation is at hand.

I can tell you exclusively that the deal Jackson is being offered must be signed in the next few days, or he really will have his proverbial head on the chopping block.

I'm told Jackson will likely be presented with a deal sculpted by what I call his "permanent government" of lawyers and advisers, not the many shady characters who've come and gone over the years.

This "government" includes music publisher Charles Koppelman (who's also on the boards of Martha Stewart and Steve Madden's companies), attorneys John Branca and Al Malnik, Jane Heller of Bank of America and private investors represented by Goldman Sachs.

First, the deal: Sources say Jackson will be selling most of his 50 percent interest in Sony/ATV Music Publishing, aka the Beatles catalog.

In return, all his debts will be paid off, including $270 million in loans from Bank of America, all the debt piled up at his Neverland ranch and all loans against his own Mijac Music Publishing, which owns Jackson hits such as "Billie Jean" and "Beat It," as well as songs by Sly and the Family Stone and others.

Jackson will wind up with somewhere in the neighborhood of $10 million in cash, I am told.

He will retain ownership of all his tchotchkes, including the $2 million King Kalla diamond watch he bought from David Orgell jewelers.

He will still reap a $7 million to $8 million annual income as well. He'll also get some income from Sony/ATV.

Sources point out that Mijac is now worth around $100 million, and will be an even better asset once it's free from debt.

Jackson's immediate plan, if he accepts the deal, is to downsize his Neverland costs. This would mean eliminating the zoo and cutting back the carnival.

Ultimately, the wisest thing to do — should he be found not guilty by the jury in his child molestation trial — is sell the ranch and move to a more reasonably sized estate with lower maintenance costs.

Of course, the pending plan does not cover money he owes to ex-wife Debbie Rowe. Jackson ceased paying alimony to her last year, and is involved in a court fight over that and custody of the couple's two children.

One easy remedy to his financial woes, of course, would be to stop incurring overwhelming legal debts.

I'm also told that Jackson is once again without counsel for his business dealings. The reason? As has often been the case lately, Jackson did not pay the lawyer who represented him most recently, sources say.

I am told there is some urgency to Jackson signing this deal.

Bank of America has, according to sources, lost its patience over his mounting debt. If for some reason he doesn't accept this latest proposal, I am told that he will really be in a dire situation.

Jackson, mind you, is not likely to sign this deal. Insiders tell me that he's encouraged his fans to spread the word that he's the victim of a "conspiracy."

"Michael doesn't want people to think he lost the Beatles," says a longtime friend. "He wants his fans to think it was stolen from him. He has to be the victim."

My sources also say that Jackson considers Branca one of the "conspirators," since his former attorney would reap a 5 percent commission on this sale — almost three times as much money as Jackson will make.

But push has come to shove, to use a cliché, and Jackson is unlikely to find a better deal.

FORD
04-14-2005, 08:05 PM
Does this mean Bank of America will be at least partial owners of the Beatles catalog?

Because if that's the case, they could issue Anthology volume 4, 5, and 6 next year, and I wouldn't buy it. That's the one company on this earth I truly despise more than Wal-Mart and with damn good reason.

**Paging Paul McCartney!** Get your ass in there and get control of your damn songs. You got the cash!!

Viking
04-14-2005, 08:11 PM
Yeah - after the royal profesional fucking he got at the hands of this deranged pedophile, I hope McCartney swoops on this and grabs the whole fucking catalogue at a discount. And rubs Yoko Ono's pug Jap nose in it. :killer:

Samsonite
04-14-2005, 08:17 PM
It would be badass if Paul bought Michael's songs.

Susie Q
04-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Viking
Yeah - after the royal profesional fucking he got at the hands of this deranged pedophile, I hope McCartney swoops on this and grabs the whole fucking catalogue at a discount. And rubs Yoko Ono's pug Jap nose in it. :killer:

AMEN to this post. I completely and totally agree.:bottle: :killer:

bueno bob
04-14-2005, 08:43 PM
Yup, I got a feeling Sir Paul is just watching the clock even as we speak... :)

GAR
04-14-2005, 10:42 PM
That was all Brian Epstein's doing.

That was all Brian Epstein stewing. In his latest book "Magical Mystery Tours" Brian's office boy, Tony Bramwell says at first Ol Eppy sold 51% of Northern Songs publishing to a firm called ATV for $100K pounds.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/031233043X.01._AA400_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Then, without telling anyone (because he was a Man of his Word and good English businessman) he made a deal to sell the remainder for $300K and 50% of royalties (less 10% for hisfuckingself, then 20 for John and 20 for Paul) and then the whole of the Beatles property so he could retire to Spain and manage some bullfighter boys.

Tony started out lugging amps as a roadie with Mal Evans and that other dude in 1960, and grew up near George Harrison. Quite a book. I gained 12 pounds reading it.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/031233043X/104-0616362-1702321?v=glance

twonabomber
04-14-2005, 10:48 PM
Epstein and Allen Klein were some real motherfuckers...

redblkwht
04-15-2005, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Yup, I got a feeling Sir Paul is just watching the clock even as we speak... :)
man i hope your right..gotta justify the bad deal..IMO

bueno bob
04-15-2005, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by redblkwht
man i hope your right.....

So do I... :)

Panamark
04-15-2005, 03:57 AM
That would *SO ROCK* if Paul got that back !!!!

This is good news, lets hope it all goes down faster than MJ
on a Pre-Pubescant Boy !!

DrMaddVibe
04-15-2005, 06:55 AM
Personally, I don't think Paul has a chance at this. Sony has been drooling over this ever since MJ got his kiddie ass stained glove on it.

IF...Paul got it back...I'd laugh my ass off because you just know he'd find something in a back closet that's been collecting dust and add it to this repackage it and ram it down Yoko's freaking throat! Sean's too!

Seshmeister
04-15-2005, 07:06 AM
McCartney would give his right arm to get the rights back.

Or his wife's left leg...

DrMaddVibe
04-16-2005, 09:08 AM
Jackson denies he is selling his Beatles music catalog

Fri Apr 15, 8:39 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (AFP) - Embattled pop superstar Michael Jackson, on trial for child molestation and said by prosecutors to be all but broke, denied he is seeking to sell his Beatles music catalog.

"There have been numerous reports regarding the sale, or portions thereof, of Michael Jackson's music catalog. These reports are not true," said the singer's spokeswoman Raymone Bain.

The denial came after Fox News reported that Jackson was about to sell most of his 50 percent share of the prized collection of the Fab Four's hits to pay off more than 275 million dollars debts that prosecutors say will become due by year end.

The sale of his share of the precious catalog, which he owns jointly with Sony/ATV Music and estimated to be worth around 400 million dollars, would mean all his debts could be paid off, Fox said.

In addition, the television station said, Jackson would end up liquid again with about 10 million dollars in cash from the deal.

"Michael doesn't want people to think he lost the Beatles," Fox quoted a longtime friend as saying, according to the station's website. "He wants his fans to think it was stolen from him. He has to be the victim."

Prosecutors in the star's child sex trial said in February that the star was facing a major financial debt crisis that could ruin him.

"I am informed that the defendant Michael Jackson was facing a dire financial crisis at the time of the charged offenses," they wrote in a request to have the superstar's financial records subpoenaed at his trial.

"I am also informed and believe that Michael Jackson faces a crushing amount of personal debt mounting to well over 275 million dollars which will be due and payable in December of this year," they said.

Jackson has pleaded innocent to 10 charges, including child abuse on a 13-year-old cancer survivor, plying the boy with alcohol and plotting to kidnap the boy and his family to limit the damage of bad publicity on his struggling financial empire.

Hardrock69
04-16-2005, 06:49 PM
That pervert bastard BETTER sell....if he doesn't sell the interest in the Beatles catalog, it will be taken from him legally, and he will wind up with nothing to show for it, and will still be in debt drastically, without any means to pay it all off.

I hope that is exactly what happens.

Kinda like the MC Hammer bullshit...where he had 30 million dollars and lost it all.

FUCKING MORONS!

I say this because I have been a working stiff all my life...and if I had 30 million bucks, I would be able to invest enough that I could convert it to 300 million in a short time.....

MJ is such a supid fucking asshole.

I want that bastard to wind up in debt, in prison, and being the commmunity blowjob giver and ass-fuck expert for everyone in his fucking cell block.

I have NO respect for that goddamnable fuck.

And no, there are no curse words in any language in the universe to describe what a low-life fuck he truly is.

academic punk
04-16-2005, 07:27 PM
First of all, FUCK Jacko.

econdly, Paul is a king-size asshole/egomaniac, and would have amounted to very little without the other three and George Martin.

Will he get the rights? Probably. BUT NOT WITHOUT YOKO EITHER DRIVING UP THE PRICE LIKE CRAZY, OR THE TWO OF THEM REACHING A PARTNERSHIP ON THE WHOLE THING.

Why? Remember a couple of years ago, Paul had hia autobiography published? The chief substance of the book was claiming chief instigator in all things Beatle, except for "Revolution #9" which he's always hated (actually, come to think of it, he claimed that JOhn was just imitating the kind of avant-garde stuff Paul had been doing for years).

Secondly, remeber how badly he tried to get Yoko to change the order of songwriter credits on Yesterday to McCartney/Lennon? Remember how pissed he was that she turned him down? SHE WAS RIGHT. Doing so would have created a legal precedent, one that HE WOULD HAVE EXPLOITED IMMEDIATELY.

If he gets the rights, he'll try simiar shit, b/c his fragile fucking ego can't bear that John's name appears before his on "Rocky Raccoon". BOO-FUCKIN'-HOO!!

Yoko will do what she can to make sure this perversion never happens. if for no other reason, it's in her financial interests...

Panamark
04-17-2005, 01:35 AM
Struth, Im actually cheering for Yoko for the first time ever..

It was always Johns band..

Lennon/Mc'Cartney...

How it always was, and how it always should be..