PDA

View Full Version : Nice Collection

Don Corleone
04-15-2005, 02:25 AM
I don't recon these are actually Ed's guitars, but someone has spent a few quid putting this collection together

Don Corleone
04-15-2005, 02:26 AM

Panamark
04-15-2005, 03:46 AM
Come on Don, thats your place isnt it ! :p

Mr Grimsdale
04-15-2005, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by Don Corleone
I don't recon these are actually Ed's guitars, but someone has spent a few quid putting this collection together

That's a big ol' collection whoever owns it.

Would anyone other Ed actually have all that stuff? Sure someone could afford it, but would a fan really spend THAT much cash getting just about every guitar he's ever been pictured with?

Nitro Express
04-15-2005, 05:34 AM
Unbelievable. I find that kind of obsession creepy actually.

Mr Grimsdale
04-15-2005, 06:46 AM
Surely they're Eds' originals?

Don Corleone
04-15-2005, 12:30 PM
A couple more shots

Don Corleone
04-15-2005, 12:30 PM

Coyote
04-15-2005, 02:36 PM
What can one say, except: "So how much money did ya spend on these?"

UGS
04-15-2005, 06:08 PM
Virtually every single one of those would have had to be commissioned or built by the owner. I mean, they even have the striped Les Paul.

I really can't figure out what is more likely. . .Ed displays all of his guitars on what looks like a barn wall for photo-ops, or someguy spends tens of thousands of dollars getting those made/painted, and then paints the gay-circular Van Hagar logo on his wall.

Frankenstraat
04-17-2005, 08:22 AM
Those are not Eddie's guitars, actually I know the guy the belong belong to and he's the builder. His name is Scott, this is probably 5 years worth or work here.

Matt White
04-17-2005, 10:34 AM
DAMN! Good work on his part.

Panamark
04-17-2005, 05:11 PM
Is that the dude that got sued by EVH by any chance ?? :D

BrownSound1
04-18-2005, 01:38 AM
That double neck Musicman....the one Ed has was a one of a kind. The top neck was based off of a Danelectro 6 string bass...it was only built so he could play Spanked live. Someone had to go through a lot of trouble to build it exactly like his..it's even a semi-hollow body if I remember correctly.

That's a cool collection of guitars though..wish I had them. :D

Nitro Express
04-18-2005, 02:10 AM
I think that guy built a replica of every guitar Eddie ever was photographed with or photographed in his studio or guitar room.

He even has a copy of the Transtrem Kramer Vallerie did a photoshoot with. The one with the pointy headstock.

BrownSound1
04-18-2005, 02:16 AM
Transtrems are cool...even though I'm no good with it.

Mr Grimsdale
04-18-2005, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
That double neck Musicman....the one Ed has was a one of a kind. The top neck was based off of a Danelectro 6 string bass...it was only built so he could play Spanked live. Someone had to go through a lot of trouble to build it exactly like his..it's even a semi-hollow body if I remember correctly.

Exactly exactly.

GAR
04-18-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Frankenstraat
Those are not Eddie's guitars, actually I know the guy the belong belong to and he's the builder. His name is Scott, this is probably 5 years worth or work here.

Half-work/Half eBay, right?

I think I've seen everything on that wall on Ebay in the last 7 years or so. For example I have seen numerous Kramers with the "monsters of rock" print-decoupage graphic on auction. I've even seen one in a pawnshop with that stupid triangle-shaped Dorky Park graphic body!

And I knew shit like this would happen with the advent of digital photography, too - because then any Dick or Jane who could point a camera would be jumping in the fray for their "gee look at mine, then look at Eds and how much better mine is!"

This is extreme packratting on the collector market, and the only problem I have with it is that this collection is actually worth more together thru a proper auction house than as individual pieces on eBay.