PDA

View Full Version : Angel Eyes

JimboGun11
04-15-2005, 02:44 AM
Does anybody else realize what a HIT Angel Eyes could have been? Its fucking great!

bueno bob
04-15-2005, 02:47 AM
It had some potential, but...overall it still needed some work. Could have been a good slow number for them, but I'm kinda glad it ended up on the shelf, all things considered.

Warham
04-15-2005, 07:26 AM
Haven't heard that one in years.

CdnDlrfan
12-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Hello I"m way behind on some of these threads. Is there a link to Angel Eyes anywhere? I would love to hear it.

thx

doctor roth
12-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
It had some potential, but...overall it still needed some work. Could have been a good slow number for them, but I'm kinda glad it ended up on the shelf, all things considered.

agreed. I think it would have been a "WTF was that ?" moment ona classic VH album. For me it just didnt have that VH feel to it.

EbDawson
12-08-2005, 01:55 AM
Could have been re-worked as a power ballad except that Dave wasn't a power ballad type guy. Lyrics need a little tweaking, acoustic guitar on it is quite good, I will admit. Neat song.

EbDawson
12-08-2005, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by CdnDlrfan
Hello I"m way behind on some of these threads. Is there a link to Angel Eyes anywhere? I would love to hear it.

thx

Far as I know it only appears on the Magic Mountain '77 boot.

DLR7884
12-08-2005, 10:10 AM
Personally, I think that it's an OVER RATED song by fans because it sounds NOTHING like any other VH song.

DLR7884
When it comes to unreleased tracks, give me "Big Troubles."

Guitar Shark
12-08-2005, 12:42 PM
I agree, I don't like Angel Eyes at all.

Brett
12-08-2005, 01:48 PM
I always thought it was pretty bad myself, not sure what was so interesting about it. It's obvious why it naver saw the light of day.

diamondsgirl
12-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
Personally, I think that it's an OVER RATED song by fans because it sounds NOTHING like any other VH song.

DLR7884

I love that one...:cool:

DavidLeeNatra
12-08-2005, 05:42 PM
not bad...but I don't see it fit on any CVH album...

Antman
12-30-2005, 09:09 PM
I liked it. A little rough in spots but a good unreleased song. PArt of me wants to say they should have released it and part of me says it's better left in the can.

WARF
01-03-2006, 04:28 PM
Maybe the next VH record!

DrMaddVibe
01-08-2006, 07:12 PM
One can hope!

Big Troubles
01-08-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884

DLR7884

My ballsack just tightened up a little bit. :D No "s" in BT btw. ;)

I compare Angel Eyes to what Aerosmith did with Dream On. I think Angel Eyes can STILL be redone and released as a new "reunion type" studio cut. In fact I think CVH should re-release a bunch of previously unreleased tunes... The 4 should get together and work on some of those great songs.

New VH album:

Big Trouble
Put out the Lights
House of Pain (original)
We Die Bold
Angel Eyes
Piece of Mind
Young and Wild
I Wanna Be Your Lover
Let's Get Rockin'

Christ that's 90% of a studio album already.

Loons The Great
01-18-2006, 02:26 PM
If I had my way...

BrownSound1
01-27-2006, 10:11 PM
Down in Flames is a personal favorite unreleased track of mine. I also like Get The Show on The Road. Angel Eyes is interesting, in that they actually attempted to do something like that, but not a great tune.

Douglas T.
01-27-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
New VH album:
Big Trouble
Put out the Lights
House of Pain (original)
We Die Bold
Angel Eyes
Piece of Mind
Young and Wild
I Wanna Be Your Lover
Let's Get Rockin'

Alot of those get regular play around here! I like the original HOP best! Angel Eyes is cool BECAUSE it's VH! they could have fattened it up a bit! Like BETH or Dream On!

Three_Lock Rock
01-28-2006, 07:59 AM
itd be a beter song if SAMMY HAGAR sang it - than it woudnt be GAY with a Faggit singing it!

three lock rock
kicking ass and taking names

Big Troubles
01-28-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Douglas T.
Alot of those get regular play around here! I like the original HOP best! Angel Eyes is cool BECAUSE it's VH! they could have fattened it up a bit! Like BETH or Dream On!

Really? Those "after zero" cuts get air play? I think a bunch of those need a bit of cleaning up and could make for one great Van Halen studio album. HOP is one of my favs as well. Same with We Die Bold.

Douglas T.
01-28-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Three_Lock Rock
itd be a beter song if SAMMY HAGAR sang it - than it woudnt be GAY with a Faggit singing it!

three lock rock

A FREE comedian in every box! This is one of those "I'm trying to be as far from the truth as possible" moments right!

Douglas T.
01-28-2006, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Really? Those "after zero" cuts get air play? I think a bunch of those need a bit of cleaning up and could make for one great Van Halen studio album. HOP is one of my favs as well. Same with We Die Bold.

MY CD goes around alot in the player! :D

thome
01-28-2006, 10:06 AM
itd be a beter song if SAMMY HAGAR sang it - than it would be GAY with a Faggit singing it!

three lock rock

You misspelled -Then- no -a- in.... then.....

Big Troubles
01-28-2006, 10:07 AM
lol I had a feeling that was what you were referring to.

(hitting myself on forehead) Should've had a V8! :D Yeah I play the shit out of the old classics as well. After Zero has seen more airplay than Nickleback on a Canadian radio station. And that's alot!

Three_Lock Rock
01-28-2006, 11:28 AM
faggit ass muther fuckin gay ass worhsipping mother fuckers!

faggits! all of you, faggits faggits faggits!

sammy rulz!

three lock rock
kickking ass and taking names

Loons The Great
01-28-2006, 01:16 PM
sammy rulz!

Spammy is the king of bridge trolls. And 5 foot 2 male impersonator screechers.

Big Troubles
01-28-2006, 01:54 PM
faggit ass muther fuckin gay ass worhsipping mother fuckers!

faggits! all of you, faggits faggits faggits!

sammy rulz!

three lock rock
kickking ass and taking names

see...to me when I read your post, all I kept thinking about was- this guy must be getting slapped in the back of his head while he's typing away his nonsense...

I feel badly for you and the bubble you chose to live in.

Get well. :D

doctor roth
02-02-2006, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
One can hope!

One can dream is probably more to the point. HOPE would indicate its in the realms of possibility. I could hope to shoot lightning bolts out my ass but it ain't gunna happen