PDA

View Full Version : Who have you met in person?

Steve Savicki
04-15-2005, 07:55 AM
And if you're dating someone from here, well, you obviously know them.

Haven't met anyone from here yet. I did meet Sunya from Chelle's site in late February or early March. She had a business convention and we decided to hook up.

Carmine
04-15-2005, 08:42 AM
I met Guwapo Rocker and Scorpioboy at the Rama show....Hopefully, I'll get to meet ALL of ya soon!

Summer is here...ROTH ROAD TRIPS EVERYBODY!!

vanzilla
04-15-2005, 10:53 AM
I thought I met Katydid once, but it turned out to be her twin sister.

vanzilla
04-15-2005, 10:53 AM
Don't ya love it when it's spring and the girls show off their belly buttons?

Roguesgirl
04-15-2005, 11:46 AM
OMG! :eek:

WARF
04-15-2005, 12:00 PM
Yikes!!!!!!!!

DLR7884
04-15-2005, 12:19 PM
I met quite a few folks from the old DLRML back in '99.

Rex Jackson
Todd Plesco and his wife
Bruce ? (I forgot his AOL handle)
Mike from Chicago
DR 5150 (remember him from the VHML?)

DLR7884
All nice people.

flappo
04-15-2005, 12:30 PM
i met joe rogan , the pope and adolf hitler

and we all had a gangbang

Warham
04-15-2005, 03:24 PM
That pic is nasty.

There's just no excuse for that.

bueno bob
04-15-2005, 04:02 PM
There's no excuse for Van Hagar, either :)

lol

I haven't met anybody - I'm scared of you all.

MAX
04-15-2005, 04:43 PM
I met and shared a drink with both Ralph Saenz and Joe Lester from The Atomic Punks cos I mentioned I knew Brett. They were both really cool dudes.

SweetSecrets
04-15-2005, 05:06 PM
I met the most wonderful man that exists in this universe, and got to kiss him....lots ;).

Rikk
04-15-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by MAX
I met and shared a drink with both Ralph Saenz and Joe Lester from The Atomic Punks cos I mentioned I knew Brett. They were both really cool dudes.

Wow, you know celebrities...:p (I didn't know they posted here)

MAX
04-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
Wow, you know celebrities...:p (I didn't know they posted here)

I've seen Joe post before.

Warham
04-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by SweetSecrets
I met the most wonderful man that exists in this universe, and got to kiss him....lots ;).

Don't let my wife know....

Ohhhhhh, you are talking about Mark.

Sorry.

:D

SweetSecrets
04-15-2005, 05:26 PM
I met Jerry Cantrell. I saw him play two summers ago in Knoxville, and walked right onto the tour bus! I was with some of the sales guys at Guitar Center. I was a guitar salesperson at the time. They were all so pissed at me because I was able to walk right onto the bus like that. That is one good thing about being female, I guess.

I did it by following a group of groupies as they walked on. As soon as I got on the bus Jerry Cantrell got on right behind me and sat right next to me. I just wanted to talk about music with him (which I guess is pretty ignorant). Then I realized that he had other ideas in his head. He said, "So what's yourrrrrrr name?" That's when I said "see ya", and quickly retreated off the bus.

I was in there with the band for about an hour. I had like three Coronas, and a hit from their gigantic bong! I have never seen a bong that big. Alice in Chains are definitely a bunch of stoners (but we all knew that).

It pissed me off that they figured that just because I am a female, I wanted to screw. Why does that make me the ignorant one?

SweetSecrets
04-15-2005, 05:30 PM
The most wonderful man in the universe (who I mentioned first), is indeed Mark.

I just didn't want anybody thinking I was meaning Jerry Cantrell.

Warham
04-15-2005, 05:34 PM
I met Jerry Cantrell. I saw him play two summers ago in Knoxville, and walked right onto the tour bus! I was with some of the sales guys at Guitar Center. I was a guitar salesperson at the time. They were all so pissed at me because I was able to walk right onto the bus like that. That is one good thing about being female, I guess.

I did it by following a group of groupies as they walked on. As soon as I got on the bus Jerry Cantrell got on right behind me and sat right next to me. I just wanted to talk about music with him (which I guess is pretty ignorant). Then I realized that he had other ideas in his head. He said, "So what's yourrrrrrr name?" That's when I said "see ya", and quickly retreated off the bus.

I was in there with the band for about an hour. I had like three Coronas, and a hit from their gigantic bong! I have never seen a bong that big. Alice in Chains are definitely a bunch of stoners (but we all knew that).

It pissed me off that they figured that just because I am a female, I wanted to screw. Why does that make me the ignorant one?

Gee, and I thought some rock and roll bands didn't like groupies.

Rikk
04-15-2005, 05:36 PM
The most wonderful man in the universe (who I mentioned first), is indeed Mark.

I just didn't want anybody thinking I was meaning Jerry Cantrell.

I thought you meant JESTER.;)

Reverberator
04-15-2005, 05:36 PM
You love us , oh you love us , you love us , you love us , you love us .

I have met Chas Cochney , Dave Fakker , Blakey , Grimsdale's Beeney , and golden Awe's small coch ( but I didn't such it ) .

I once met Ian Sludge Lees , but you wouldn't know who the ferk I'm going on about .

sleep tight .

Rikk
04-15-2005, 05:40 PM
I met RIKK and thought he was a pretty cool guy.

SweetSecrets
04-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Gee, and I thought some rock and roll bands didn't like groupies.

See, exactly my point. Why does that make me the ignorant one?

Warham
04-15-2005, 05:43 PM
I wouldn't call it ignorant, I'd call it being naive.

;)

SweetSecrets
04-15-2005, 05:47 PM
Yea, that's my weakness, I guess. I am a passionate person who got taken advantage of too much. Thank God I'm done dating now.

Reverberator
04-15-2005, 05:54 PM
I really think there must be another way .

Lame , Lame , Lame .

Come on .. post fuckin' shite .

Shite is what the working man wants!!

Warham
04-15-2005, 06:30 PM
Yea, that's my weakness, I guess. I am a passionate person who got taken advantage of too much. Thank God I'm done dating now.

I think Jerry Cantrell might have liked your passion for asking him questions.

Chester
04-15-2005, 06:41 PM
I've met MAX. Biblically. Lots. ;)

Matt White
04-15-2005, 06:46 PM
I met Soupy Sales........And he was PISS DRUNK!!!!

"Souped"!!!

Maybe he was drinking a BLACKTOOTH GRIN!!!!

OH YEAH!!!

Fabulous Shadow
04-15-2005, 07:57 PM
Wolfman
Brett
Top Timmy
Chelle
Parrothead5150
rsvp
kujo
Top Jimmy
Tripoutski
Joe5150
gburt_lagnaf
icouldahadavh
filtylilmouth
Christy
Albert
Jen
Geller
JMJ

There are alot of people that I am forgetting the usernames... I will have to work on it. If I forgot anyone... I am sorry...

Seshmeister
04-15-2005, 08:47 PM
You have no life. What a fucking sad state of affairs...

bueno bob
04-15-2005, 09:22 PM
I met RIKK and thought he was a pretty cool guy.

I thought he was a dick when we met, so I kicked his ass.

;)

Steve Savicki
04-15-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Hey now, come on, this was meant to be a friendly thread.:)
I personally wouldn't mind meeting some of the Cali members myself. Isn't that where a large chunk of the VH internet fanbase is?

What about Ohio? Besides Cath, aren't there alot of members from who got together at one point?

Ally_Kat
04-15-2005, 11:01 PM
JG, but that's a given ;)

Fabulous Shadow
04-16-2005, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

Yes, I have no life... That's why I'm out meeting people at Punks gigs, VH concerts and members gigs while you sit at home picking on me on the web... Yes, I'd much rather be YOU...:rolleyes:

Hardrock69
04-16-2005, 01:39 AM
I have met several million people in my lifetime....

Fabulous Shadow
04-16-2005, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
Wolfman
Brett
Top Timmy
Chelle
Parrothead5150
rsvp
kujo
Top Jimmy
Tripoutski
Joe5150
gburt_lagnaf
icouldahadavh
filtylilmouth
Christy
Albert
Jen
Geller
JMJ

There are alot of people that I am forgetting the usernames... I will have to work on it. If I forgot anyone... I am sorry...

MojoDojo
tbearbrat
CaboGirl
Jr Bonner
DSyxx

Panamark
04-16-2005, 02:36 AM
Mary Frances (Sweetsecrets !)
and its been the best thing to ever happen to me..
We have met *LOTS* of times now..

Permanently this August ;)

Ive talked to a few people here on the phone...

Elvis (he is a good bloke)

Ally_Kat
04-16-2005, 02:38 AM
On the phone! I completely forgot about that. Hitchy, Elvis, Cat, and Steve. I felt like I was being interviewd with Steve!

Permanently in August?! Was there a ring involved? ;)

Panamark
04-16-2005, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
On the phone! I completely forgot about that. Hitchy, Elvis, Cat, and Steve. I felt like I was being interviewd with Steve!

Permanently in August?! Was there a ring involved? ;)

There will be ! ;)

Warham
04-16-2005, 01:28 PM
Congrats.

Ally_Kat
04-16-2005, 04:49 PM
This news made my day! I have a wedding buddie!

Me and her might have to start a wedding thread!

Fabulous Shadow
04-16-2005, 06:28 PM
On thr phone... Too many to list.

MAX
04-16-2005, 06:31 PM
LOL!!!

I've yacked to quite a few over the phone as well and I fucking hate talking on the phone. lol.

DLR7884
04-16-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
I met quite a few folks from the old DLRML back in '99.

Rex Jackson
Todd Plesco and his wife
Bruce ? (I forgot his AOL handle)
Mike from Chicago
DR 5150 (remember him from the VHML?)

DLR7884
All nice people.

I forgot to mention John "Giggy" Maxwell.

DLR7884
What the fuck is he up to these days?

Rikk
04-16-2005, 06:47 PM
I've met nobody at this site in person. And the only ones I may ever meet in person are my Pen brothers. And that's a maybe.

Matt White
04-16-2005, 06:51 PM
I've met nobody at this site in person. And the only ones I may ever meet in person are my Pen brothers. And that's a maybe.

:D A restraining order is never a BAD idea!!!!

Rikk
04-16-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
:D A restraining order is never a BAD idea!!!!

Actually, there are a couple of people at this site I probably should put a restraining order on!!:p

But you and MAX, with this gay "Taeo" shit, will probably be meeting at a Hilton in Utah most soon!:D ;)

Matt White
04-16-2005, 07:03 PM
Actually, there are a couple of people at this site I probably should put a restraining order on!!:p

But you and MAX, with this gay "Taeo" shit, will probably be meeting at a Hilton in Utah most soon!:D ;)

YEAH!
The bastion of masculinity you ain't pal! Jenna is one thing, I don't wanna know about real life, "sassy"!!!!:D

Rikk
04-16-2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
YEAH!
The bastion of masculinity you ain't pal! Jenna is one thing, I don't wanna know about real life, "sassy"!!!!:D

Hey, I didn't create JENNA!:p ;) (Oh, TAEO...)...;)

Chester
04-16-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by MAX

I've yacked to quite a few over the phone as well and I fucking hate talking on the phone while I could be taking it in the ass from Chester. lol.

Oh, MAX. I love you too, sweetums!!!

Chester
04-16-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by MAX
LOL!!!

I've yacked to quite a few ...

HEY!!!! What is this about "yak"s??? I mean, I'm okay with goats (being that I AM one, y'know), but yaks? That's pretty fuckin' sick.

Matt White
04-16-2005, 08:06 PM
Hey, I didn't create JENNA!:p ;) (Oh, TAEO...)...;)

Creating is one Thing........

ENJOYING is another ALL TOGETHER !!!;)

MAX
04-16-2005, 08:39 PM
But you and MAX, with this gay "Taeo" shit, will probably be meeting at a Hilton in Utah most soon!

I don't think Taeo is into dudes and it makes no difference cos I'm currently way too busy juggling a woman, a goat and a lawnmower. I only have so much love to share.

MAX
04-16-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Chester
Oh, MAX. I love you too, sweetums!!!

Meet you behind the toolshed in an hour? ;)

Hardrock69
04-16-2005, 10:09 PM
I have seen Vanzilla on TV....though I do not think that counts....

vanzilla
04-16-2005, 10:53 PM
No shit? How long ago was that? I haven't been infront of the camera in almost 2 years. Damn bro, you got some good memory.:)

Steve Savicki
04-16-2005, 11:31 PM
Phone:

SoCalChelle
Ally_Kat
Sunya
hitch

MAX
04-16-2005, 11:45 PM
JMJ

A true fuckin' brother right there I say. I'm still fucking pissed I can't get him to ever post here. The crazy mimbo son of a bitch has more Rothisms memorized than ANYONE and will gladly spout them off without any fair warning. I call him "Mav" and he is definitely one of the funniest and coolest motherfuckers to ever shoot the shit with.

Cheers ya fuckin' mimbo bitch!!!

:gulp:

Dan
04-16-2005, 11:59 PM
I have meet bfm,he's also from Auckland.he is one Crazy SOB.

Roguesgirl
04-17-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by MAX
I don't think Taeo is into dudes and it makes no difference cos I'm currently way too busy juggling a woman, a goat and a lawnmower. I only have so much love to share.

LOL. :D

Warham
04-17-2005, 12:02 AM
Some people here have been busy on the phone.

FORD
04-17-2005, 04:37 AM
OK, let's tax the old FORD memory here....

Met Guitar Shark, DOA, Chelle, Diamond D, and a few others from the Links & Pasture Dump at Bumbershoot 2001.

Also saw Guitar Shark & DOA at the Atomic Punks in 2002 and the Dave & Sammy show a week later.

Met Filthylittlemouth at Dave's show at the Emerald Queen in 2003.

Talked to Sarge on the phone a couple times. Also talked to Elvis around the time of the Dave & Sammy show, but I never did actually find the guy, though he did fly all the way here from Louisiana to see the show apparently.

And then, on the more personal level, there's B1c2, Melein, and Cherry Baby (who never posted here but was a regular at FORD Country back in the day). And let's just say those stories will remain untold in this thread ;)

MAX
04-17-2005, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by FORD
OK, let's tax the old FORD memory here....

Met Guitar Shark

Sharky is a cat and one of the most stellar people online. I'd hook up with both of you two yayhoos and share northwestern brews anytime as long as we didn't discuss politics. lol.

Shaun Ponsonby
04-17-2005, 08:23 AM
No, but I would love to have a Roth Army convention or something like that. That would be great! We should definately do somethng like that some day.

Dr. Love
04-17-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Sharky is a cat and one of the most stellar people online. I'd hook up with both of you two yayhoos and share northwestern brews anytime as long as we didn't discuss politics. lol.

Impossible

flappo
04-17-2005, 04:24 PM
i'd like to meet FORD just to have someone to look up to

stilleddiesangel
04-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
No, but I would love to have a Roth Army convention or something like that. That would be great! We should definately do somethng like that some day.

Next time Dave's over I'm sure 75% of the dump meisters will be there.. Flappo too I think.. seeing as most of the loony's around here are English!!

See you there dudes!!! :cool:

Golden AWe
04-18-2005, 12:01 PM
I'd hope to visit England sometime later this, to meet some of my finnish and spanish friends...plus some english ones too, naturally!

Seeing Dave again wouldn't hurt either...

I've only met one person from the DDLR forums

I have also shagged some women that Mr Grimsdale thought, were his property...Cat Deeley f.e.

Golden AWe
04-18-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe

I have also shagged some women that Mr Grimsdale thought, were his property...Cat Deeley f.e.

SEVERAL TIMES!!!

aesop
04-18-2005, 05:45 PM
MojoDojo
tbearbrat
CaboGirl
Jr Bonner
DSyxx

Some guys have all the luck...

Guitar Shark
04-18-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
Impossible

Strangely enough, in the three times I've seen FORD, I don't think politics entered the discussion once. Go figure.

It was pretty funny hearing him use the same words he uses here (i.e., sheep, Van Danniels, etc.) in normal conversation.

FORD is a good guy. MAX, anytime you're up this way, the first beer is on me.

:gulp:

stilleddiesangel
04-18-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by MAX

Agreed Max.. Sharky is cool!!! :cool:

Dr. Love
04-18-2005, 07:27 PM
I said IMPOSSIBLE

Dr. Love
04-18-2005, 07:28 PM
In any event, that's cool. I wouldn't mind meeting some of you fucks.

Maybe.

guwapo_rocker
04-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Carmine, Big Troubles, Golden Boy, and two guys from DDLR.

MAX
04-18-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
MAX, anytime you're up this way, the first beer is on me.

Same applies here if you ever find yourself in the land of Zion my friend. :)

Ally_Kat
04-18-2005, 10:28 PM
I dunno where's he's been, but Elvis owes me an ice cream date. And I would love to go drinking with Ford. Politics won't be a problem, cuz hell, one of my best friends is a communist.

scottydabodi
04-18-2005, 10:33 PM
I haven't met anyone from here, that I know of, although I'm speculalating making a special trip to MI just to hang with MATTWHITE. ROTH ON ROTHHARDCORES!!

Matt White
04-19-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by scottydabodi
I haven't met anyone from here, that I know of, although I'm speculalating making a special trip to MI just to hang with MATTWHITE. ROTH ON ROTHHARDCORES!!

Scotty ma man, ANYTIME! We'll light DETROIT UP!!!! THE WINDSOR STRIP CLUBS?!?
WWHHHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

MANY STELLAR PEOPLE HERE. A DLR ARMY gathering would be FUCKING OFF THE HOOK!!!:D

twonabomber
04-19-2005, 07:36 AM
i've known Alex P Grimes since the late 80's, so he doesn't count.

let's see...mostly from DDLR...

Von Halen
DDKY
Light Up The Sky (we call him BUTS or PUTZ)
Laceration and wife
VH2001 and a bunch of his friends
Sensible Shoes
Igosplut
Tommy V

and in Rama

moose
DLR Engine Room
Big Troubles
Scorpioboy
and some dude standing in front of me by the stage but i don't remember who it was.

i can't make the Delaware gig but if anyone is coming to the Ohio show lemme know.

Panamark
04-19-2005, 07:43 AM
Crikies twona, I think you win !

twonabomber
04-19-2005, 07:49 AM
we just happen to be centrally located. :D

Von and VH2001 came in for opening night of the Dave and Sam tour, then Von, DDKY, BUTS, VH2001, and Laceration came to town for the Diamond Dave show. after that, Grimes and i went to see Laceration's old band play in his hometown...everyone else we met at Rama. actually, Shoes drove up with us.

we owe some people a few beers, too, so they got to get here soon. and we're known to hit the titty bars after the show, so bring money.

if the Hall of Fame thing ever happens, i say we get everyone together at the Hall and watch it on closed circuit. if Sam gets onstage, we can all turn our backs to the big screen.

Panamark
04-19-2005, 07:59 AM
Sounds like a blast, I reckon I would spend half my time laughing meeting all you dudes. If you are anything like you are on the boards, in real life, it would be a crack up... :D

I had to laugh at Guitar Sharks comments on FORD using Sheep
etc in his everyday talk, thats the sort of thing I mean.. That shit
would bring a huge smile to my dial..

Shaun Ponsonby
04-21-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by stilleddiesangel
Next time Dave's over I'm sure 75% of the dump meisters will be there.. Flappo too I think.. seeing as most of the loony's around here are English!!

See you there dudes!!! :cool:

IF he comes back to the UK

We'll have to have some kind of signal to show that you are an Army member, though. Maybe a badge saying 'ROTH ARMY' on it or something like that.