PDA

View Full Version : Taxes are due today

Steve Savicki
04-15-2005, 03:17 PM
If you're getting a refund from Uncle Sam, you can spend at least $10 as a donation to a certain Army.
If you owe taxes, well, you're sending in a check anyways; may as well write another one for at least $10 to the Army itself.

Who pays? The board's webmaster #1 will pay the fee on behalf of the entire board. While the money initially comes out of the Sarge's pocket, Mezro's confident that when doing a donation drive, the board members will donate to help Sarge out.

10 dollars?! To some, $10 buys everything from pork rinds to everything else Mez had stated in his original donation thread. Every month is alot for Sarge to pay, but remember, this is a group effort. If Roth Army shares the cost of the site among the members who show up each day, there won't be a need for banner ads.

Why visit Roth Army? Now that Mezro pushed for donations, why visit here? There are certainly other DLR sites you can visit - some don't even ask for donations. But no other David Lee Roth site does such a great job of membership growth and topic variety. If you'd like to explore alternative Roth sites, be my guest. Really. But believe in the expression "you get what you pay for" I think you'll realize that Roth Army's worth the cost of a 6-pack or 2.

Asking members to donate would allows moderators and webbies to focus on the growth of this board. It allows them money to spend on growing bandwidth costs from pictures to sound files. It all comes back to the fact that when people pay for what they value, we'll be able to give them more of it. :)

Mezro
04-15-2005, 03:20 PM
What Steve said:-)

Mezro...only I owed and owed and owed and owed...but still I managed to donate...and you?...

Warham
04-15-2005, 03:23 PM
We are getting a pretty good lump sum this year...and I still donated. :D

Steve Savicki
04-16-2005, 09:12 AM
I guess this means most have donated then.