PDA

View Full Version : Get MTV UK? Love Sabbath?

bueno bob
04-15-2005, 04:28 PM
THE OSBOURNES - Final Episode To Air Sunday, MTV UK Plan BLACK SABBATH Themed Programming [Hot Flashes - 05.04.15 11:11:18]

MTV (www.mtv.co.uk) has issued the following report:

After four phenomenally successful series’, a thousand swear words, fights, tantrums and near death experiences, the last ever episode of THE OSBOURNES – MTV’s seminal fly-on-the-wall reality series - will premiere on Sunday 17th April at 10 pm.

MTV are marking the end to one of the most remarkable and talked about shows in TV history with ‘BLACK SABBATH’ - a specially-themed night of programming dedicated to the first family of rock ‘n’ roll.

‘Black Sabbath’ will kick off at 5.30pm on the 17th April with every episode of series four being shown back-to-back, culminating in the first UK screening of the last ever episode of The Osbournes at 10pm.

Launched in the UK in May 2002, The Osbournes has documented four tumultuous years in the lives of bat eating rock star Ozzy Osbourne, his ball breaking wife Sharon and their two teenage children Jack and Kelly. The smash hit series went on to attract the highest ever ratings in MTV UK’s history, as viewers became transfixed by the swearing, bitching and squabbling which characterizes day-to-day life in the Osbourne household.

The Osbourne family gave MTV astonishing access into their personal and professional lives. The good times have witnessed Ozzy gain royal approval and Sharon winning the heart of middle England. However the show has also documented the family’s extraordinary run of bad luck from Ozzy’s near-fatal quad bike accident to Sharon’s battle against cancer and the drug addiction problems of both Kelly and Jack.

“After three years, the MTV cameras became part of the family, documenting what is possibly the most dramatic year we have had” said Sharon Osbourne. “Though it was rough sometimes, we are truly blessed to have had this amazing experience.”

How will it all end? And can you even imagine life without The Osbournes? Tune in to Black Sabbath on the 17th April, grab a box of tissues and wave goodbye to one the most entertaining, loving and dysfunctional families to have ever graced our screens!

Shaun Ponsonby
04-15-2005, 04:45 PM
Don't care-fuck off, I don't care. The Osbournes is as good as a dead fly.

mewisemagic
04-15-2005, 08:46 PM
thanks for the news bob!fuck the ney sayers huh...it seems to me that if ya aint got nothing good to say then F.O.,but who am i to judge?the relevance to your story is that even though the show is ending,i hope oz keeps recording!

bueno bob
04-15-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by mewisemagic
thanks for the news bob!fuck the ney sayers huh...it seems to me that if ya aint got nothing good to say then F.O.,but who am i to judge?the relevance to your story is that even though the show is ending,i hope oz keeps recording!

The plus side I picked up from the whole thing is that there IS a demand for Sabbath out there...and Sabbath's name is still alive and well, which may bode well for a future Ozzy/Sabbath album, who knows?

Maybe there will actually be (or actually IS) a new Black Sabbath album and this is their way of starting to pump things up? One can hope...

Seshmeister
04-15-2005, 09:46 PM
I get the feeling Ozzy has basically retired

Panamark
04-16-2005, 07:38 AM
Yeah, finishing the Sabbath Album would be a perfect retirement project :)