PDA

View Full Version : Does music affect intelligence?

Soul Reaper
04-17-2005, 06:42 AM
I've been wondering if listening to a certain music affects your intelligence?

You can't imagine David Beckham listening to someone like Frank Zappa?

For example, the typical hip-hop fan in the UK:

Soul Reaper
04-17-2005, 06:50 AM
I hate chavs!!! :mad:

Coyote
04-17-2005, 07:15 AM
What's a chav?

But yeah, I think a bit of your intelligence is shaped by what you hear in your early days...

(My case: A healthy dose of Elvis, Queen, jazz & classical music, the last two infused with Disney/Looney Tunes cartoons)

Soul Reaper
04-17-2005, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Coyote
(My case: A healthy dose of Elvis, Queen, jazz & classical music, the last two infused with Disney/Looney Tunes cartoons)

thanks, doc! :D

anyway, this is a chav: http://www.chavscum.co.uk/

Coyote
04-17-2005, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
thanks, doc! :D

anyway, this is a chav: http://www.chavscum.co.uk/

No problem. :)

Great site! Yet another term for an everexpanding vocabulary. :D

Coyote
04-17-2005, 07:36 AM
I'll just add this here... A definition of the word Chav:

'chav' (slang) - a young person, often without a high level of education, who follows a particular fashion; Chavs usually wear designer labels including the chav favourite 'Burberry', and if they’re girls, very short skirts, large hoop earrings and stilettos.

Chavs see branded baseball caps as a status symbol and wear them at every opportunity. Normally found hanging around shopping centres.

Also known as Townies, Kevs, Hood Rats, Charvers, Steeks, Stigs, Bazzas, Yarcos, Ratboys, Chorer, Skangers, Scutters, Janners, Kappa Slappers, Scallies, and Spides. Also known as Neds in Scotland, knackers & skangers in Ireland, and Guidos in the USA
------------------------------------------------------------------

And of course, the female:

a Chavette
A chavette is a female chav - Normally seen wearing sportswear, fake designer gear and large hoop earrings.