PDA

View Full Version : Wich is the best CVH CD to get?



Dave's Bitch
04-17-2005, 01:53 PM
Ok im kinda a DLR convert now so anyway i was wondering,whats the best classic van halen cd to buy?

Redballjets88
04-17-2005, 02:16 PM
VH1

Redballjets88
04-17-2005, 02:16 PM
or just buy all 6 because they all are great

Ted Nugent
04-17-2005, 05:22 PM
There`s also a Greatest Hits Collection. It contains all the greatest hits, but half of the songs are with Dave. You can get it on dvd aswell!

Soul Reaper
04-17-2005, 05:25 PM
VH I first, then get the rest.

mentalpancake
04-17-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
or just buy all 6 because they all are great
I agree.

Thorman
04-17-2005, 06:09 PM
Definitely Balance...then 5150, OU812, Fair Warning..IMO

bueno bob
04-17-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Thorman
Definitely Balance...then 5150, OU812, Fair Warning..IMO

Nobody cares about your opinion. Now shut up. Fag.

Soul Reaper
04-17-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Thorman
Definitely Balance...then 5150, OU812, Fair Warning..IMO

Fuck off, 3LR

It said CVH albums.

Have you gone blind from jerking off hagar so much?

bueno bob
04-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
Fuck off, 3LR

It said CVH albums.

Have you gone blind from jerking off hagar so much?

Uh, actually that's thorman... :)

He is a polesmoker, and proud to admit it.


Originally posted by Thorman

I love to suck dick!

See what I mean?

Thorman
04-17-2005, 06:16 PM
Definitely Balance...then 5150...changed my mind...

bueno bob
04-17-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Thorman
Definitely manspunk on my teeth...then a semen enema...changed my mind...

DUDE! SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY!!

Thorman
04-17-2005, 06:18 PM
Ok,,Balance was a great album....maybe BOV1 next

bueno bob
04-17-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Thorman
Ok...having a gay man who shaved was a decent time...but I really prefer fat, hairy men

Fuck, you're a fag.

superdave
04-17-2005, 06:20 PM
Definitely Balance...then 5150, OU812, Fair Warning..IMO

Thorman, read the fucking posts before you respond you stupid fuck--

if you like Sam so much--go to one of his websites, you do not see any of us hanging out at Sam sites, get over it Queerboy

bueno bob
04-17-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Thorman
I love to be choked by men while we're having sex

katie
04-17-2005, 07:35 PM
OK CVH is serious stuff so i suggest you do NOT fuck about, and go out and buy all six and spend a week with each CD.

You will not regret it!

katie
04-17-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by katie
OK CVH is serious stuff so i suggest you do NOT fuck about, and go out and buy all six and spend a week with each CD.

You will not regret it!

Once you have done that.
Go back and do it all again!

katie
04-17-2005, 07:55 PM
You reap what you sow grasshopper

UGS
04-17-2005, 08:07 PM
Holy shit, this could have been a good thread but some cunt had to ruin it *cough* Thorman *cough*


If you're looking to buy your first CVH, stay away from Fair Warning. It is simply TOO GOOD for newbies. You will not be able to comprehend it or appreciate its greatness. You need to start off with a light snack first, and work your way up to the main course. I recommend VHI or VHII. Even 1984 would do the trick. WACF and DD are more for people who know what VH is all about, and they appreciate the humor and brilliance of them more.

Thorman
04-18-2005, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by superdave
Definitely Balance...then 5150, OU812, Fair Warning..IMO

Thorman, read the fucking posts before you respond you stupid fuck--

if you like Sam so much--go to one of his websites, you do not see any of us hanging out at Sam sites, get over it Queerboy


Originally posted by superdave
Definitely Balance...then 5150, OU812, Fair Warning..IMO

Thorman, read the fucking posts before you respond you stupid fuck--

if you like Sam so much--go to one of his websites, you do not see any of us hanging out at Sam sites, get over it Queerboy

Oh, Im sorry...I did read the post!! I thought you were asking which classic van halen albums are the best...well my fav "classic" is prob 5150...great album....then balance i think

Thorman
04-18-2005, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by superdave
Definitely Balance...then 5150, OU812, Fair Warning..IMO

Thorman, read the fucking posts before you respond you stupid fuck--

if you like Sam so much--go to one of his websites, you do not see any of us hanging out at Sam sites, get over it Queerboy


Originally posted by superdave
Definitely Balance...then 5150, OU812, Fair Warning..IMO

Thorman, read the fucking posts before you respond you stupid fuck--

if you like Sam so much--go to one of his websites, you do not see any of us hanging out at Sam sites, get over it Queerboy

Oh, Im sorry...I did read the post!! I thought you were asking which classic van halen albums are the best...well my fav "classic" is prob 5150...great album....then balance i think


Originally posted by katie
OK CVH is serious stuff so i suggest you do NOT fuck about, and go out and buy all six and spend a week with each CD.

You will not regret it!


No need...i have them all...from 5150 all the way to best of

Thorman
04-18-2005, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by superdave
Definitely Balance...then 5150, OU812, Fair Warning..IMO

Thorman, read the fucking posts before you respond you stupid fuck--

if you like Sam so much--go to one of his websites, you do not see any of us hanging out at Sam sites, get over it Queerboy


Originally posted by superdave
Definitely Balance...then 5150, OU812, Fair Warning..IMO

Thorman, read the fucking posts before you respond you stupid fuck--

if you like Sam so much--go to one of his websites, you do not see any of us hanging out at Sam sites, get over it Queerboy

Oh, Im sorry...I did read the post!! I thought you were asking which classic van halen albums are the best...well my fav "classic" is prob 5150...great album....then balance i think


Originally posted by katie
OK CVH is serious stuff so i suggest you do NOT fuck about, and go out and buy all six and spend a week with each CD.

You will not regret it!


No need...i have them all...from 5150 all the way to best of

Originally posted by UGS
Holy shit, this could have been a good thread but some cunt had to ruin it *cough* Thorman *cough*


If you're looking to buy your first CVH, stay away from Fair Warning. It is simply TOO GOOD for newbies. You will not be able to comprehend it or appreciate its greatness. You need to start off with a light snack first, and work your way up to the main course. I recommend VHI or VHII. Even 1984 would do the trick. WACF and DD are more for people who know what VH is all about, and they appreciate the humor and brilliance of them more.

Once you have sampled those goodies, try spinning OU812 and see what VH is all about

Casemeister
04-18-2005, 05:00 AM
LOL! I'll bite, even though that's what you want. OU812 is a terrible album. I'm not totally against Van Hagar. I own all of the albums. I like a lot of their stuff. OU812, though, is very bad. The filler is pure filler. The good songs only seem good because they're next to complete and utter crap, really... and said good songs are pretty limited.

As for the original question, VH1 is hard to go past. I was going to buy BOV1 as my first VH album but it was missing YRGM and HFT, so I thought I'd just take a chance and get an actual album instead. I'm glad I did. VH1 is an absolute classic and it's where you should start. 1984 is good, but many of the songs can't quite match the songs that are established classics. VH2 is great. FW IS harder to appreciate. DD is underrated. I'm not the biggest WACF fan in the world, but it's still a great album.

VH1
1984
VH2
DD
FW
WACF

is probably a good way to go.

SoldMySoul4RnR
04-18-2005, 07:48 AM
Why is it that every Spammy fan that comes on here has the spelling and grammar skills of 3 year old? They also appear to be devoid of any form of wit.

I'm sensing some kind of a pattern here!

moose
04-18-2005, 09:20 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Thorman
[B] VH 1, VH 2, WACF, Fair Warning, DD, 1984, After Zero, EAS, ALAE, any bootleg with the classic lineup do ya want me to cuntiue..:D

Antonella
04-18-2005, 09:37 AM
DIVER DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

hard rock
04-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Get the classic 6 pack first. If you have to venture into Van Hagar era then go with 5150 and Balance cuz thats the best its going to get from that line up.

hard rock
04-18-2005, 10:32 AM
also throw in Bov1 for good measure. you got to have Me wise magic and Cant get this stuff no more. Also Humans Being is a decent Van hagar tune if you got to go into their stuff.

CROWBAR
04-18-2005, 12:29 PM
The answer is easy.....

stilleddiesangel
04-18-2005, 12:34 PM
VH1.. worked for me.. about um.. errrr... *cough* 25 vears ago* cough*!!! Shit.. did I say that out loud???????? :D

katie
04-20-2005, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Thorman
Oh, Im sorry...I did read the post!! I thought you were asking which classic van halen albums are the best...well my fav "classic" is prob 5150...great album....then balance i think




No need...i have them all...from 5150 all the way to best of


Once you have sampled those goodies, try spinning OU812 and see
what VH is all about

Er..............Taxi for Thorman! Taxi for Thorman! (LOL)

Kilkmaru
04-20-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
or just buy all 6 because they all are great

buckshotjenkins
04-20-2005, 10:57 AM
i don't remember the first album i heard or bought from the six pack, but lately when i am starting to get into a new (for me) band, i'll start with their 1st album. you (i) can see the band's transformation (or lack of, right off the bat).

with cvh especially, i'd get "VAN HALEN"...and realize that after you come down from the thrill of a band of 23-25 year olds completely upping the ante for all of rock...this was just the beginning and van halen's next 5 albums are an amazing growth from a band that you'll think was doing just fine anyway with their first album-and leading you to invariably conclude that CVH are the absolute best band around.

Bill Lumbergh
04-20-2005, 09:06 PM
Anyone professing their love for ANY Van Hagar album in this thread, please deposit yourself in the nearest toxic waste vat. Thanks!

Kristy
04-20-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
VH I first, then get the rest.

Exactly like that. By the way, all of those "classic" VH album (the remasters) are pretty much affordable and easy to find.

ASDF125250
04-21-2005, 01:16 AM
If your making the transistion from crap to gold, get 1984. The sound of cheesey keyboards will let you settle in easier to the all out godness of CVH. The opening track, 1984, will set you in the mode for a Hagar fest, but once its over, you will relise that even that it is better then everything Hagar ever did. I know Van Hagar lacks any ability to rock in any oftheir songs, so brace your self for the first note of jump. The sudden burst of music might make you cry after listening to hagar all those years. I would skip the guitar solo because its way to complexed for a Hagar fan to understand, and might turn you off from CVH because you will then relise that EVH really did know how to play a guitar at one point in time. After listening to jump about 100 times, proceed to I'll wait, another song with keyboards. Listen to both those until you memorize every note and every lyric. Then proceed to play the album through. After a complete mind blowing experience and the new knowlege that CVH is about 100000000000000000000000000000 times better then Van Hagar, buy Van Halen 1. You will then discover the bands roots and learn to appriciate the music even more. Next, get Women and children first to experience the great party vibe Van Halen had, and so you can see how the fun they had translated into the music. After WACF, get Van Halen 2 so you can thouroly understand the greatness of CVH. After that, I suggest Diver Down, as you can hear the pure talent of the band in how they transformed every cover to fit their style. Theyre are also some pretty fast, rockin songs on there that will prepare you for the sensory overload of Fair Warning. After listening to the five CVH albumes you have obtained about 30 times each, you will be somewhat prepared for the greatest work CVH has produced. The cover of this album is a bunch of horribly drawn cartoons beating eachother (pretty sweet, I say). Once you pop that in and hear the intro to mean streets, I am sure it might frighten a former Hagar fan to the point that you may want to turn back. But you will see the light, as this album contains powerful music that will not let you go once you start listening. After the fade out to "one foot out the door", you will feel like your alot smarter. You will relize more things then you did a half hour ago. You relize that CVH is one of the best bands in rock and roll history. You relize DLR is the ONLY frontman for this band. And you relize Van Hagar is a shitty 80's hair metal band that covers some CVH. Then, after you fully appriciate all that CVH has to offer, download the two CVH songs that they did in 96, as they are pretty damn good. After that, Eat em and smile is a great album, but we will discuss that once you want to get into some of DLR's solo work (which is outstanding, I might add). Good luck on your journy to the one, the only, the REAL van halen.

Thorman
04-21-2005, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Anyone professing their love for ANY Van Hagar album in this thread, please deposit yourself in the nearest toxic waste vat. Thanks!


Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Anyone professing their love for ANY Van Hagar album in this thread, please deposit yourself in the nearest toxic waste vat. Thanks!

Dont think so pal....CVH is with Sammy...

larry
04-21-2005, 01:20 AM
yawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thorman
04-21-2005, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by ASDF125250
If your making the transistion from crap to gold, get 1984. The sound of cheesey keyboards will let you settle in easier to the all out godness of CVH. The opening track, 1984, will set you in the mode for a Hagar fest, but once its over, you will relise that even that it is better then everything Hagar ever did. I know Van Hagar lacks any ability to rock in any oftheir songs, so brace your self for the first note of jump. The sudden burst of music might make you cry after listening to hagar all those years. I would skip the guitar solo because its way to complexed for a Hagar fan to understand, and might turn you off from CVH because you will then relise that EVH really did know how to play a guitar at one point in time. After listening to jump about 100 times, proceed to I'll wait, another song with keyboards. Listen to both those until you memorize every note and every lyric. Then proceed to play the album through. After a complete mind blowing experience and the new knowlege that CVH is about 100000000000000000000000000000 times better then Van Hagar, buy Van Halen 1. You will then discover the bands roots and learn to appriciate the music even more. Next, get Women and children first to experience the great party vibe Van Halen had, and so you can see how the fun they had translated into the music. After WACF, get Van Halen 2 so you can thouroly understand the greatness of CVH. After that, I suggest Diver Down, as you can hear the pure talent of the band in how they transformed every cover to fit their style. Theyre are also some pretty fast, rockin songs on there that will prepare you for the sensory overload of Fair Warning. After listening to the five CVH albumes you have obtained about 30 times each, you will be somewhat prepared for the greatest work CVH has produced. The cover of this album is a bunch of horribly drawn cartoons beating eachother (pretty sweet, I say). Once you pop that in and hear the intro to mean streets, I am sure it might frighten a former Hagar fan to the point that you may want to turn back. But you will see the light, as this album contains powerful music that will not let you go once you start listening. After the fade out to "one foot out the door", you will feel like your alot smarter. You will relize more things then you did a half hour ago. You relize that CVH is one of the best bands in rock and roll history. You relize DLR is the ONLY frontman for this band. And you relize Van Hagar is a shitty 80's hair metal band that covers some CVH. Then, after you fully appriciate all that CVH has to offer, download the two CVH songs that they did in 96, as they are pretty damn good. After that, Eat em and smile is a great album, but we will discuss that once you want to get into some of DLR's solo work (which is outstanding, I might add). Good luck on your journy to the one, the only, the REAL van halen.

Are you a retard...look at your grammar and spelling....how old are you?

Nickdfresh
04-21-2005, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Thorman
Dont think so pal....CVH is with Sammy...

You mean Cunnilingus on Vagina of Hagar?

larry
04-21-2005, 01:24 AM
yawn?

Nickdfresh
04-21-2005, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Thorman
Definitely YMCA...then FAITH, JOURNEY ESCAPE, WELCOME TO THE PLEASURE DOME!..IMO

Nickdfresh
04-21-2005, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by larry
yawn?

Is that a question or a declarative statement?

larry
04-21-2005, 01:30 AM
I love Diamond but all this rehashing of cvh is so boring lets talk about something fresh, like how Dave is starting to look a lot like the crypt keeper.

Nickdfresh
04-21-2005, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by larry
I love Diamond but all this rehashing of cvh is so boring lets talk about something fresh, like how Dave is starting to look a lot like the crypt keeper.

How about we talk about how your father should have withdrawn his penis from your mother at the moment just prior to your conception and shot you on the wall?

Nickdfresh
04-21-2005, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by larry
I love Diamond but all this rehashing of cvh is so boring lets talk about something fresh, like how Dave is starting to look a lot like the crypt keeper.

You really joined this site as an alias in reserve, over a year ago, and wait now to troll?

larry
04-21-2005, 02:34 AM
VERY TOUCHY, i'M JUST STUCK AT WORK AND HAVING A LITTLE FUN LIKE YOU HAVE WITH YOUR LITTLE PP EVERY NIGHT.

Panamark
04-21-2005, 04:18 AM
Go to the source, the beginning. VH1 !

After that I would actually recommend buying them
in the order they were released...

Casemeister
04-21-2005, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Thorman
Are you a retard...look at your grammar and spelling....how old are you?

You should not be attacking anybody's grammar, pal. You asked two questions but used only one question mark.

What should this post teach you? "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."


With that said, continue the discussion, folks. :D