PDA

View Full Version : Ann Coulter to appear on cover of TIME

BigBadBrian
04-17-2005, 05:08 PM
From DrudgeReport:

Ann Coulter epitomizes the way politics is now discussed on the airwaves, where opinions must come violently fast and cause as much friction as possible, TIME’s John Cloud claims in this week’s cover story.

No one, right or left, delivers the required apothegmatic commentary on the world with as much glee or effectiveness as Coulter, Cloud writes (on newsstands Monday, April 18).

It is almost impossible to watch her and not be sluiced into rage or elation, depending on your views. As a congressional staff member 10 years ago, Coulter used to help write the nation’s laws.

Now she is far more powerful: she helps set the nation’s tone. TIME’s Cloud had unprecedented access to Coulter.

He goes more than 6,000 words.

And he appears to come away liking her.

"On TV or in person, you can trust that Coulter will speak from her heart. The officialdom of punditry, so full of phonies and dullards, would suffer without her humor and fire. Which is not to say you don't want to shut her up occasionally," Cloud notes.

Developing...

http://www.drudgereport.com/ct1.jpg

BigBadBrian
04-17-2005, 05:09 PM
Go buy a copy you liberals so you can go beat your meat to it. That means you, FORD. :D :D :D

Va Beach VH Fan
04-17-2005, 06:30 PM
Damn liberal media... ;)

LoungeMachine
04-17-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Go buy a copy you liberals so you can go beat your meat to it. That means you, FORD. :D :D :D

I wouldn't fuck that scag with YOUR dick [if you had one]

Fugly:rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
04-17-2005, 07:27 PM
I'll be getting it Tuesday I think. Man! she does look good:D
http://www.ancientworlds.net/aworlds_media/ibase_1/00/05/24/00052479_000.gif

Stillwell
04-17-2005, 09:14 PM
Horrible cover. She looks like Alice in Wonderland.

MAX
04-17-2005, 10:08 PM
I like her and all but I'm sorry cos I think she's a dog.

Woof!!! Woof!!!

Nickdfresh
04-17-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Stillwell
Horrible cover. She looks like Alice in Wonderland.

Alice or Al?;)

FORD
04-17-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
I wouldn't fuck that scag with YOUR dick [if you had one]

Fugly:rolleyes:

I wouldn't fuck her with her own dick.

MAX
04-17-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I wouldn't fuck her with her own dick.

Now THAT is funny. She talks like a man too. lol.

FORD
04-17-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Now THAT is funny. She talks like a man too. lol.

No, not "lol"..... L-O-L-A

I'm surprised Ray Davies hasn't sued Anndrew for copyright infringement.

DLR'sCock
04-17-2005, 11:48 PM
Her head is so far up her own asst= that it's actually quite wonderful to hear her blab away at the mouth, great comedy. I love her on Real Time.

MAX
04-18-2005, 03:41 AM

OUCH!!!

Totally classic though. :) Look, I'm a total "righty" but even the notion of "L-O-L-A" being touted as ANY form of a sex symbol makes me want to orally recycle my pesto chicken dinner.

vanzilla
04-18-2005, 04:00 AM
-Classic Ann Coultre quotes -

"Kwanzaa itself is a lunatic blend of schmaltzy '60s rhetoric, black racism and Marxism. Indeed, the seven 'principles' of Kwanzaa praise collectivism in every possible arena of life – economics, work, personality, even litter removal."
-- Ann Coulter, TownHall.com, Dec. 26, 2000

"[Anti-war Democrats] know that the American people support defending America, unlike them. Their real feelings are coming out as much as they can right now, which is that they're desperately dying to provide aid and support to al-Qaeda." -- Ann Coulter on WOR radio, September 21, 2002

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."
-- Ann Coulter to George Gurley, New York Observer, August 21, 2002

"...a cruise missile is more important than Head Start."
-- Ann Coulter, Nov. 2001 speech rebroadcast by C-Span in Jan. 2002

On Islamic extremists: "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity."
-- Ann Coulter, National Review Online,
September 2001

"The presumption of innocence only means you don't go right to jail."
-- Ann Coulter, Hannity & Colmes,August 24, 2001

"God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it! It's yours.'"
-- Ann Coulter, Hannity & Colmes,June 20, 2001

"I think [women] should be armed but should not [be allowed to] vote. No, they all have to give up their vote, not just, you know, the lady clapping and me. The problem with women voting -- and your Communists will back me up on this -- is that, you know, women have no capacity to understand how money is earned. They have a lot of ideas on how to spend it. And when they take these polls, it's always more money on education, more money on child care, more money on day care."
-- Ann Coulter, Politically Incorrect, Feb. 26, 2001

"The thing I like about Bush is I think he hates liberals."
-- Ann Coulter, Washington Post, August 1, 2000

"Let's say I go out every night, I meet a guy and have sex with him. Good for me. I'm not married."
-- Ann Coulter, Rivera Live, June 7, 2000

"The swing voters? I like to refer to them as the idiot voters because they don't have set philosophical principles. You're either a liberal or you're a conservative if you have an IQ above a toaster. "
-- Ann Coulter, Beyond the News, FOX News Channel, June 4, 2000

"[The] backbone of the Democratic Party [is a] typical fat, implacable welfare recipient"
-- Ann Coulter, syndicated column, October 29, 1999

On Rep. Christopher Shays (D-CT) in deciding whether to run against him as a Libertarian candidate: "I really want to hurt him. I want him to feel pain."
-- Ann Coulter, Hartford Courant, June 25, 1999

To a disabled Vietnam vet: "People like you caused us to lose that war."
-- Ann Coulter, MSNBC

"I am emboldened by my looks to say things Republican men wouldn't."
-- Ann Coulter, TV Guide, August 1997

"Anorexics never have boyfriends. ... That's one way to know you don't have anorexia: if you have a boyfriend."
-- Ann Coulter, Politically Incorrect, July 21, 1997

"I think we had enough laws about the turn-of-the-century. We don't need any more." Asked how far back would she go to repeal laws, she replied, "Well, before the New Deal...[The Emancipation Proclamation] would be a good start."
-- Ann Coulter, Politically Incorrect, May 7, 1997

GLAD TO KNOW YOU'RE MASTURBATING TO A FASCIST PARTY DOLL!
:rolleyes:
I have more respect for people that like Sammy. You lose what little credibility you had with me.

vanzilla
04-18-2005, 04:01 AM
I want my daughter to grow up to be just like Ann!

vanzilla
04-18-2005, 04:02 AM
Brian's masturbatory fantasy. Chick out Ann's dick!

vanzilla
04-18-2005, 04:03 AM
The right wing Barbie doll melts away in the hot hot sun...

vanzilla
04-18-2005, 04:04 AM
We know Ann gives Brian wood, but what gets her turned on...

vanzilla
04-18-2005, 04:06 AM
Even her real life quotes make her seem like a cartoon character...

vanzilla
04-18-2005, 04:07 AM
Ann Coulter - the Faux News Channel's bitch.

vanzilla
04-18-2005, 04:08 AM
Brian's next wanking session:

scam failin
04-18-2005, 07:01 AM
she's the howard stern of political radio/media? a fabricated one no doubt by the illuminati

Stillwell
04-18-2005, 07:20 AM
The amount of blue balls in this thread is astounding!

steve
04-18-2005, 08:29 AM
Osama made the cover of Time too, didn't he?

BigBadBrian
04-18-2005, 08:51 AM
Here's one you anti-handgun Liberals can whack-off too:

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/133/133192/folders/182584/1359096ann-bang.jpg

academic punk
04-18-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by MAX
the notion of "L-O-L-A" being touted as ANY form of a sex symbol makes me want to orally recycle my pesto chicken dinner.

I don't even have a fucking clue what this means, but it's still about the funniest thing in this thread that lends itself already so well to derisive humor.

FORD
04-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by steve
Osama made the cover of Time too, didn't he?

So did Anndrew's idol Adolf Hitler.

FORD
04-18-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by academic punk
I don't even have a fucking clue what this means, but it's still about the funniest thing in this thread that lends itself already so well to derisive humor.

LOLA (Ray Davies)
I met her in a club down in old soho
Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like
Coca-cola
C-o-l-a cola
She walked up to me and she asked me to dance
I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said lola
L-o-l-a lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola

Well I’m not the world’s most physical guy
But when she squeezed me tight she nearly broke my spine
Oh my lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola
Well I’m not dumb but I can’t understand
Why she walked like a woman and talked like a man
Oh my lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola

Well we drank champagne and danced all night
Under electric candlelight
She picked me up and sat me on her knee
And said dear boy won’t you come home with me
Well I’m not the world’s most passionate guy
But when I looked in her eyes well I almost fell for my lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola
Lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola

I pushed her away
I walked to the door
I fell to the floor
I got down on my knees
Then I looked at her and she at me

Well that’s the way that I want it to stay
And I always want it to be that way for my lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo lola
Girls will be boys and boys will be girls
It’s a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo lola

Well I left home just a week before
And I’d never ever kissed a woman before
But lola smiled and took me by the hand
And said dear boy I’m gonna make you a man

Well I’m not the world’s most masculine man
But I know what I am and I’m glad I’m a man
And so is lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola
Lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola

academic punk
04-18-2005, 12:47 PM
Oh, I know the song, I was just trying to figure out how the hell MAX found the inspiration for his post. Kudos!

VHdamaco
04-18-2005, 01:08 PM
So did Anndrew's idol Adolf Hitler.

as man of the year nonetheless...

im amazed at the crazy shit this bitch is saying...

i only really started to understand who's who and whats what in politics, but damn son... a) i couldnt be drunk enough to listen to this bitch now and 2) give this bitch a paper bag over her head and then she'll get a little of my special vitamin d

vanzilla
04-18-2005, 02:41 PM
Isn't it funny when you point out how wacky Brian's politics are and actually back them up with evidence all he can do is post a picture or make some lame joke about his ass making cricket sounds.

Typical right wing asshole living in denail. Keep drinkin' the Kool-Aid Brian.

YOUR OWNED!

Ally_Kat
04-18-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by vanzilla

"I think [women] should be armed but should not [be allowed to] vote. No, they all have to give up their vote, not just, you know, the lady clapping and me. The problem with women voting -- and your Communists will back me up on this -- is that, you know, women have no capacity to understand how money is earned. They have a lot of ideas on how to spend it. And when they take these polls, it's always more money on education, more money on child care, more money on day care."
-- Ann Coulter, Politically Incorrect, Feb. 26, 2001

I'll open up a can of worms here...

She has a point in there. I know too many females who know nothing about politics or government, so much so that I'm in awe how they passed it in high school. They'll make excuses to not care about voting, saying that you can't get your voice to the president so why bother and then saying local seats are not important enough to care about. BUT, it's the end of the world if they don't know what happened on American Idol last night or if they can' find the latest spring fashions in the stores. It breaks my heart. Is this what our great-grandmothers fought for?

academic punk
04-18-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
I'll open up a can of worms here...

She has a point in there. I know too many females who know nothing about politics or government, so much so that I'm in awe how they passed it in high school. They'll make excuses to not care about voting, saying that you can't get your voice to the president so why bother and then saying local seats are not important enough to care about. BUT, it's the end of the world if they don't know what happened on American Idol last night or if they can' find the latest spring fashions in the stores. It breaks my heart. Is this what our great-grandmothers fought for?

Oh, hush. The same thing can be said for some men: don't get in the way of their sports or car or whatever, but know fuck all about politics.

Think Barbara Boxer knows a thing about American Idol( please abstain from saying anythign here BBB)? Think Condi Rice does (FORD, don't answer that)?

That is typical generalizing stero-typing horseshit, which is why Ann is the dolt that soem of us are saying she is. Employing this math, blacks would still be slaves, jews would be exterminated, etc etc.

You don'r see anyone here saying, "Ann is a conservative cross-dressing idiot. therefore, all conservatives are cross-dressing idiots." We're singling her out and calling bullshit on HER.

Though I do worry about MadVibbe sometimes....

Nickdfresh
04-18-2005, 05:57 PM

GLAD TO KNOW YOU'RE MASTURBATING TO A FASCIST PARTY DOLL!
I have more respect for people that like Sammy. You lose what little credibility you had with me.

vanzilla
04-18-2005, 06:19 PM
Thank you Nick!

Guitar Shark
04-18-2005, 06:53 PM
Ugh, she is so hideous.

Ally_Kat
04-18-2005, 08:03 PM

That is typical generalizing stero-typing horseshit

well then, I know a lot of walking stereotypes.

rucalobe
04-18-2005, 08:50 PM
That Ann Coulter bitch is hot but she's a fucking nutcase!!!
She's the type of chick you just want to slap around and kick out of your car at 75MPH!!!

BigBadBrian
04-18-2005, 09:08 PM
Isn't it funny when you point out how wacky Brian's politics are and actually back them up with evidence all he can do is post a picture or make some lame joke about his ass making cricket sounds.

The only thing you've pointed out is your own blatant ignorance.

:D

aesop
04-18-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by VHdamaco
as man of the year nonetheless...

im amazed at the crazy shit this bitch is saying...

i only really started to understand who's who and whats what in politics, but damn son... a) i couldnt be drunk enough to listen to this bitch now and 2) give this bitch a paper bag over her head and then she'll get a little of my special vitamin d

Spoken like a true liberal!

MAX
04-18-2005, 10:09 PM

http://www.allhatnocattle.net/ann%20coulter%20scary1.jpg

MAX
04-18-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by rucalobe
That Ann Coulter bitch is hot

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? :eek:

And I like her but she's definitely NOT hot!!!

LoungeMachine
04-18-2005, 10:13 PM
If Big Blind Brian finds Andrew Coulter Hot.......

then just imagine his "taste in women"

Probably wacks off to Dat Phan reruns of Last Comic Standing

academic punk
04-18-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
well then, I know a lot of walking stereotypes.

Fair enough, but does that equate with EVERY woman thinking like that? No.

If you were to say this about women in politics, you'd come to the conclusion that all women are ugly, highly intelligent, and incrdeibly politically active.

Maybe you need to broaden your horizons a bit...

academic punk
04-18-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by MAX
http://www.allhatnocattle.net/ann%20coulter%20scary1.jpg

MAX, I begged you...

4771eddievan
04-18-2005, 10:15 PM
So what do we all think DLR thinks of this skank?

LoungeMachine
04-18-2005, 10:16 PM

Pun well intended:D

LoungeMachine
04-18-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by 4771eddievan
So what do we all think DLR thinks of this skank?

DLR wouldnt fuck her with Eddie's dick...........

[if he had one ]

4771eddievan
04-18-2005, 10:24 PM
DLR wouldnt fuck her with Eddie's dick...........

[if he had one ]

I have to hope that you are correct. I can just see Dave's glazed over eyes as she rambles on about her conservative tripe.

Ally_Kat
04-18-2005, 10:33 PM
Fair enough, but does that equate with EVERY woman thinking like that? No.

If you were to say this about women in politics, you'd come to the conclusion that all women are ugly, highly intelligent, and incrdeibly politically active.

a) I don't think all women in politics are ugly

b) I've dealt with the public regarding politics. My horizons are pretty wide. I know that older females are passionate about it and the younger ones just aren't. Sorry if my conclusions don't add up to yours.

academic punk
04-18-2005, 10:37 PM
Well, visit Vassar College up about 60 miles from where you're at sometime.

Trust me, plenty of politcally aware and active womyn thereabouts.

vanzilla
04-18-2005, 11:37 PM
The only thing you've pointed out is your own blatant ignorance.

:D

You're right Brian. You post a thread praising Ann Coulter - My response is posting a reply of hate-filled unintelligent crap that's come out of her mouth. I'm the ignorant one.:rolleyes:

You bitch about the old media not reporting the great things going on in Iraq. I bring up how the White House paid for Jeff Gannon to throw softballs during briefings. I'm the ignorant one.:rolleyes:

You know something - I'm not trying to convert you to the left. As a matter of fact - I'm neither a conservative, nor a liberal. I'm a centralist. So are the majority of the people in this country. I go to the right on certain issues, to the left on others. It's called independent thinking. Something you're not familiar with, considering all you do is cut and paste conservative columns on to a David Lee Roth fansite. God - that even looks more pathetic than it sounds.

But then again I would expect nothing more from a guy who bought his wife in the mail. Pathetic is your middle name.

Now hurry back from that Bill O'Reilly site with some fresh insults to hurl my way;)

:wow: OWNED.

Nickdfresh
04-18-2005, 11:46 PM
You're right Brian. You post a thread praising Ann Coulter - My response is posting a reply of hate-filled unintelligent crap that's come out of her mouth. I'm the ignorant one.:rolleyes:

You bitch about the old media not reporting the great things going on in Iraq. I bring up how the White House paid for Jeff Gannon to throw softballs during briefings. I'm the ignorant one.:rolleyes:

You know something - I'm not trying to convert you to the left. As a matter of fact - I'm neither a conservative, nor a liberal. I'm a centralist. So are the majority of the people in this country. I go to the right on certain issues, to the left on others. It's called independent thinking. Something you're not familiar with, considering all you do is cut and paste conservative columns on to a David Lee Roth fansite. God - that's even looks more pathetic than it sounds.

But then again I would expect nothing more from a guy who bought his wife in the mail. Pathetic is your middle name.

Now hurry back from that Bill O'Reilly site with some fresh insults to hurl my way;)

:wow: OWNED.

Hehehe! I believe you're wrong though Van, it's more like:
Filipino Brides (http://filipinas.us/)!:D

vanzilla
04-18-2005, 11:51 PM
I stand corrected.

Me love you long time Sheep Pen Brother!

4771eddievan
04-19-2005, 12:12 AM
I stand corrected.

Me love you long time Sheep Pen Brother!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!

BigBadBrian
04-19-2005, 09:40 AM
It's called independent thinking.

Gimme a break. You had to resort to insults generated by others. You're clueless.

BigBadBrian
04-19-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Hehehe! I believe you're wrong though Van, it's more like:
Filipino Brides (http://filipinas.us/)!:D

Damn Nick. Maybe you'll finally be able to get laid after all.

Post this in Non. Some of the other fellas would probably appreciate it. :D

Nickdfresh
04-19-2005, 10:00 AM
Damn Nick. Maybe you'll finally be able to get laid after all.

Post this in Non. Some of the other fellas would probably appreciate it. :D

So they helped you find true (me) ruv' (you rong' time)"

LoungeMachine
04-19-2005, 10:10 AM
Gimme a break. You had to resort to insults generated by others. You're clueless.

Too funny.

"resort to insults" coming from someone starting a thread abut an ugly bitch "so you liberals can whack off to her"

fucking whiney ass hypocrite:cool:

FORD
04-19-2005, 12:34 PM
http://www.awolcowboy.com/gfx/coulter.gif

BigBadBrian
04-19-2005, 01:33 PM
Too funny.

"resort to insults" coming from someone starting a thread abut an ugly bitch "so you liberals can whack off to her"

fucking whiney ass hypocrite:cool:

Pot. Kettle. Black. Go home, your soup is getting cold, little boy.

BigBadBrian
04-19-2005, 02:05 PM

I post Ann Coulter articles because she never fails to get a response from the Left. That's what this forum is all about...debate.

I never said that...show me where if I did.

You know something - I'm not trying to convert you to the left. As a matter of fact - I'm neither a conservative, nor a liberal. I'm a centralist. So are the majority of the people in this country. I go to the right on certain issues, to the left on others. It's called independent thinking. Something you're not familiar with, considering all you do is cut and paste conservative columns on to a David Lee Roth fansite. God - that even looks more pathetic than it sounds.

You're not a centrist or an Independent. You're a Liberal and just too cowardly too fast the facts of the matter. Just look what side of the issue you take in various threads. The words are burned on the pages.

Yes, I post conservative articles and op-eds. So what? That is what sparks debate in this forum. I actually DO lean to the right on foreign policy, defense and such measures as abortion and gay marriage. I, however, lean to the left on issues such as national health coverage, welfare reform, Social Security, immigration, the so-called "Nuclear Option" being discussed in the Senate, and other various measures.

It's easy to label people and put them in a nice, neat category based on one or two issues, isn't it?

Pathetic? Just look at the insult you tossed. It just smacks of RACISM. Not to mention you got it from Nick or that other wannabe.

I know where there is a THREAD (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12688) where quite a few guys are interested in the same type of woman where you are insulting, one of whom is a webmaster. Do you insult them with racial epithets the same way? I seriously doubt it. :confused:

[/QUOTE]

BigBadBrian
04-19-2005, 02:08 PM
So they helped you find true (me) ruv' (you rong' time)"

Racist bastard. Do you say this to Mezro and the others in THIS THREAD? (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12688)

Nickdfresh
04-19-2005, 02:23 PM
Racist bastard. Do you say this to Mezro and the others in THIS THREAD? (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12688)

Oh! Wow! Coming from a guy that sycophants for a rascist, evil cunt that celebrates American Terrorist murders (her little Eric Rudolph comment), I'm so owned on that one! Give me break with that shit, don't you have a Bundesrally to attend tonight?

vanzilla
04-19-2005, 02:36 PM
All right dude, this has gone too far. I'm sorry for making those comments about your wife - mail order or not - whatever.

I'm not a racist, and in fact find Asian women very attractive, and have dated a few in my time. I've also dated black women. So pulling the race card is week. Also trying to put Mezro in the argument is silly. Fight your own battles.

Again, I don't put my self into the liberal category, but I don't appreciate how you or others have demonized the word.

In 96 I backed Bob Dole. In 2000 McCain was my guy. Last year I supported Clark. 2 of those guys were Republicans - both moderates in my opinion.

Looking at your response - you and I probably share the same opinions on social issues with the exception of abortion and gay marriage - but differ some on foreign policy - with the exception of defense. And that's fine - we're all entitled to our own opinions.

The Ann Coulter stuff got me pissed because I've dealt with her in person on more than one occasion and she's not the most pleasant person in the world. I do have problems with people who agree with her, but that's something I have to deal with because I have no say in the matter. I do however have no problem calling people out on it.

Listen - we're not going to agree on everything, and that's what it's all about. So I'm ending the flame war here and now. If you're with me - Cool - if not - that's cool too - but I'm done. Feel free to have the last word if you feel like it.

Truce?

Nickdfresh
04-19-2005, 02:36 PM

Yes, I post conservative articles and op-eds. So what? That is what sparks debate in this forum. I actually DO lean to the right on foreign policy, defense and such measures as abortion and gay marriage. I, however, lean to the left on issues such as national health coverage, welfare reform, Social Security, immigration, the so-called "Nuclear Option" being discussed in the Senate, and other various measures.

It's easy to label people and put them in a nice, neat category based on one or two issues, isn't it?

Pathetic? Just look at the insult you tossed. It just smacks of RACISM. Not to mention you got it from Nick or that other wannabe.

I know where there is a ... where quite a few guys are interested in the same type of woman where you are insulting, one of whom is a webmaster. Do you insult them with racial epithets the same way? I seriously doubt it. :confused:

Who gives a shit what MEZRO is into! I've made that 'ruv you wrong time' joke with him a while ago; and exactly how is that a racial epithet? You're the biggest pussy here Brian and you know it! You play the race card, or any other card, the minute you get stomped and people call out your bullshit! You post those extremist articles because you almost completely buy into them hook, line, and sinker! You've shown yourself to be as hateful and latently racist/prejudiced a cunt as anyone here with your commments on Europeans, migrant workers, Arab-Americans, leftist protestors crushed by Israeli bulldozers, and Muslims in general. And you know you believe in the same militant right-wing doltish retoric as Rudolph and McVeigh did...And a guy who once laughably claimed to be liberatrian has no right calling out anybodies' political affiliations! No Brian, I AM A LIBERTARIAN! YOU ARE A NEO-CON FUNDAMENTALIST! Remember that fool!

BigBadBrian
04-19-2005, 02:37 PM
Give me break with that shit, don't you have a Bundesrally to attend tonight?

No. I don't believe you're done with your speech yet. Go practice your gestures in front of mirror some more.

http://www.conservativelife.com/images/hitler.jpg

Guitar Shark
04-19-2005, 02:39 PM

Very easy! In fact, you did that very thing in the same post...

You're not a centrist or an Independent. You're a Liberal and just too cowardly too fast the facts of the matter.

Congrats! You win the hypocrite of the day award. ;)

Nickdfresh
04-19-2005, 02:43 PM
[B]No. I am a complete cunt-and-paste pussy! Let me go whack-off to Ann Coulter in front of mirror some more.

http://www.conservativelife.com/images/hitler.jpg

You got an image from "Cuntservative Life" Magazine online? Do you all get your heterosexual advice from Jeff Gannon as well? How sad...

Should I "join the Conservative Revolution" as well BigBlunderBrian? If they had had anything to say about, the Chinese workers would have been deported in the 19th century! Kind of like how you want to get rid of all Mexican illegal aliens.

Well, we now know were Brian gets all of his Neo Con horseshit from:

http://www.conservativelife.com/

BTW Brian, real 'Conservatives' don't have 'revolutions,' that's a fucking oxymoron! But you wouldn't know that would you you Neo Con ball-licker!

BigBadBrian
04-19-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark

Very easy! In fact, you did that very thing in the same post...

[/B]

Congrats! You win the hypocrite of the day award. ;) [/B]

What's the matter, no ambulances to chase? :D J/K

To answer you GS, I'm as guilty as anyone. However, I'll gladly listen to anyone BEFORE hurling insults at someone as what was done to me by certain members of this forum. No biggie. I dish it out probably more than anyone here so I expect a ration of shit in return. Let it come.

Also, I do lean more to the right on most issues than to the left. I'll admit that. I always have. It depends on the issue as stated in my previous post. HOWEVER, and this is a big however, I claim no allegiance to any political party. I also reserve the right to change my mind on any issue at any time. A lot of people are afraid to do that. I posted a sliding scale of politics a while back with Liberals at 0 and Conservatives at 100. I asked people to rate themselves on an overall basis. I gave myself about a 60. It would be interesting to do it again.

Now, get off your secretary and get back to work. :D

Guitar Shark
04-19-2005, 02:59 PM
Just throwing a bit of shit your way Brian. ;)

I agree that it's stupid to label people. People call me a liberal all the time, but actually my views are pretty centrist, and growing increasingly more so. I'd give myself about a 40-45 on your scale.

vanzilla
04-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Just throwing a bit of shit your way Brian. ;)

I agree that it's stupid to label people. People call me a liberal all the time, but actually my views are pretty centrist, and growing increasingly more so. I'd give myself about a 40-45 on your scale.

I think it's like that with most people shark. But unfortunatly it isn't always made out that way because the crazy right and left wingers are the ones the media shine the spotlight on.

I'd also give myself a 40-45 on Brian's scale.

FORD
04-19-2005, 05:38 PM
Problem is that the dominionists who have taken over the country are about 120 on Brian's scale and the media which should be questioning them is at least a solid 85. Not to mention the PNAC senators who call themselves "Democrats" like Lieberman, Biden, Bayh, etc none of whom are under 75. And the neocon moles who give them their marching orders at around 92.

So when those claiming to be the political "center" are obviously much further to the right, they drag the whole concept of "centrism" down with them, to the point where a true common sense centrist like Howard Dean is erroneously branded a "flaming liberal" because he won't support a war to benefit corporatists and the interests of a foreign government.

A TRUE centrist government would be a welcome change from the downward spiral into fascism that has evolved over the last 24 years.

Nickdfresh
04-23-2005, 09:17 AM
From TIME Magazine (http://www.time.com/time/subscriber/covers/1101050425/story.html) (Link requires subscription):

Ms. Right
http://i.timeinc.net/time/daily/2005/0504/376_ncoulter0416.jpg
She is quite possibly the most divisive figure in the public eye. But love her or hate her, you don't know the real Ann Coulter

By JOHN CLOUD

Posted Sunday, April 17, 2005

Ann Coulter and I were well into a bottle of white Bordeaux—and I believe she was chewing her fourth piece of Nicorette—when it happened. From what little I knew of her—mainly her propensity for declamations such as "liberals love America like O.J. loved Nicole"—I thought it impossible for Coulter to blush. Many of her fans would later tell me it was her fearlessness they admired, her fully unburdened sense of outrage against liberalism, against anyone left of Joseph McCarthy (whom Coulter flattered in her best-selling book Treason: Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism).

But in person, Coulter is more likely to offer jokes than fury But in person, Coulter is more likely to offer jokes than fury. For instance, you might ask her to name her historical antecedents in the conservative movement, and she'll burst forth, "I'm Attila the Hun," and then break into gales of laughter so forceful you smell the Nicorette. "Genghis Khan!"

So finally, I asked that she be serious. I wanted to see the rancor that allegedly is her sole contribution to public discourse (that and being a "lying liar," in Al Franken's estimation, as well as a "telebimbo" [Salon] and a "skank," according to a blog kept by Vanity Fair's James Wolcott). Why, I asked, did she enjoy attacking others and being attacked?

She composed herself and offered a very Ann Coulter answer. "They're terrible people, liberals. They believe—this can really summarize it all—these are people who believe," she said, now raising her voice, "you can deliver a baby entirely except for the head, puncture the skull, suck the brains out and pronounce that a constitutional right has just been exercised. That really says it all. You don't want such people to like you!"

The couple at an adjacent table—which, this being Manhattan, was a handsbreadth away—visibly stiffened, and the man groaned. The woman looked at Coulter with white-hot hatred, and Coulter ... blushed.

"You're blushing," I marveled. As she continued to pinken and covered her mouth with a delicately thin hand, she giggled and protested, "I am not. I'm laughing. Maybe I'm a little drunk. There are a lot of things that would make me blush. Viciously attacking liberals would not."

"No, you are."

"I am not! 'And she had had several glasses of wine,'" she told me to write.

O.K., she had, but whether she was truly embarrassed, what I saw of Coulter in that moment was a personality far more labile and human than the umbrageous harridan I had expected. After all, one of her most voluble critics, writer Eric Alterman (What Liberal Media?) told TIME, "The idea that she doesn't coarsen our culture and make it more difficult to speak complicated truths is nonsense."

But while Coulter can occasionally be coarse—she's not one of those conservatives who won't say "f___" two or three times over dinner—she doesn't seem particularly uncomplicated. When I spoke with her friend Miguel Estrada, an attorney and onetime White House nominee for a judgeship (Estrada asked President Bush to withdraw his name in 2003 after a Democratic filibuster targeted Estrada's conservatism), he said Coulter's appeal 15 years ago, when they met, was "the same as it is today. She was lively and funny and engaging and boisterous and outrageous and a little bit of a polemicist ... Most of the time, people miss her humor and satire and take her way too literally."

I began to wonder, in a moistly liberal formulation, whether Ann Coulter might be ... misunderstood? All her right-wing capering aside ("We've got to attack France!"), Coulter was an Ivy League-educated legal writer before she was a TV pundit. She's an omnivorous reader (everything from her friend Matt Drudge's website to the works of French philosopher Jacques Ellul), and she isn't afraid to begin a column on Bush, as she did in January, "Maybe he is an idiot." (The column pointed out that the most direct way to make abortion illegal would be ... to make abortion illegal—not, as Bush had exhorted that week, "to change hearts.") Although Coulter is often compared to Rush Limbaugh, he is "first a broadcaster," as he described himself in one of his books. He said his show "is, after all else, still entertainment." Coulter, on the other hand, doesn't think of herself as an entertainer but as a public intellectual. Many would say she's more of a shrieking ideologue, but regardless, her paychecks come solely from writing and giving speeches. She earns nothing from TV.

To be sure, Coulter is far from the most accomplished conservative presence in America today. Even post-OxyContin, Limbaugh has greater reach; Sean Hannity has his own TV show; old-guard guys like William Kristol and George Will have more power in Washington. Countless conservative scholars—Thomas Sowell, Milton Friedman, Richard Posner—write with greater intellectual heft.

But no one on the right is so iconic, such a totem of this particular moment. Coulter epitomizes the way politics is now discussed on the airwaves, where opinions must come violently fast and cause as much friction as possible. No one, right or left, delivers the required apothegmatic commentary on the world with as much glee or effectiveness as Coulter. It is almost impossible to watch her and not be sluiced into rage or elation, depending on your views. As a congressional staff member 10 years ago, Coulter used to help write the nation's laws. Now she is far more powerful: she helps set the nation's tone.

Coulter's ubiquity on political talk shows is exceeded only by her inability to write a book that doesn't become a best seller. Her current effort is titled as churlishly as the three that preceded it: How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must): The World According to Ann Coulter. It recently ended a 16-week run on the New York Times best-seller list even though it's mostly a collection of previously published columns. Despite Coulter's indifference to the online world—she doesn't blog, and until recently she had little direct role in anncoulter.com—she has a staggering presence in cyberspace, where pro- and anti-Coulter forces wage unending battle. Her "official chat" site, which Coulter never visits, draws 1,000 posts a day. A recent documentary, Is It True What They Say About Ann?—co-directed by a friend of Coulter's, journalist Elinor Burkett—has played at film festivals and won some favorable notices.

But Coulter's influence on the culture is both more diaphanous and more significant than the calculations of book sales or Web postings suggest. She is the bogeyman of politics, the figure that liberals use when reaching for the ultimate insult, the way conservatives use Michael Moore. When the New York Times reviewed Michael Crichton's new novel recently, critic Bruce Barcott sneered that it "resembles one of those Ann Coulter 'Liberals Are Stupid' jobs." (After reading that, Coulter e-mailed me: "I AM THE GOLD STANDARD FOR LIBERAL BILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!") Vanity Fair's Wolcott has called Coulter "the Paris Hilton of postmodern politics"; TIME's own Andrew Sullivan has called her a "huckster of ideological hate" on his blog.

Some conservatives—many of them Coulter's rivals for screen time, as she points out—have also drawn their knives. "Ann's stuff isn't very serious," says a pundit who didn't want to begin a public spat with Coulter. "We have this argument every now and then among our side: whether she is a net minus or net plus to conservatism. I have come to the conclusion that she's a minus." Even fans speak of Coulter in ways that suggest some distance: "I think Ann is a brilliant girl, and she's got the quickest mouth in the East," says the Rev. Jerry Falwell. "Now, I probably won't use her on Sunday morning in my church because she is capable of getting a little aggressive."

That's right: Ann Coulter burns too fiercely for both the temples of the secular left—the New York Times—and of the religious right—Falwell's Thomas Road Baptist Church. But it's suspicious when conventional wisdom ossifies around someone so thoroughly. Why does she make so many people itch?

It's not just that she can be callous and mouthy; as all those he has called "Feminazis" know, Limbaugh has operated in that genre for years. Coulter is more like Clare Boothe Luce, the wife of this magazine's co-founder, who rankled the Roosevelt establishment in the '40s with her take-no-prisoners opposition to the New Deal and communism. In her first House floor speech as a Congresswoman representing the Connecticut district where Coulter later grew up, Luce called Vice President Henry Wallace's liberal approach to postwar foreign policy "globaloney," a proto-Coulterism that shocked many in Washington. Today Coulter often speaks under the auspices of a conservative group called the Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute that was founded by Luce admirers in 1993.

Vanity Fair once said of Luce, who edited that magazine in the '30s, "She combines a fragile blondness with a will of steel." Similarly, one is astounded to hear from Coulter something like, "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity," as she famously wrote of Muslims who were cheering after the Sept. 11 attacks, not least because Coulter might be shrink-wrapped in a black-leather mini as she says it. The combination of hard-charging righteousness and willowy, sex-kitten pulchritude is vertiginous and—for her many young male fans—intoxicating.

In February Coulter went to Washington to speak at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), the premier annual event for movement conservatives. When she arrived, the Atrium Hall at the Ronald Reagan Building was hot with anticipation. Activists occupied every inch of available floor space; hundreds stood in the back.

Wearing an ankle-length fur and a wide-eyed expression, Coulter had to be pushed through the crowd by a team of handlers. When she swept past the spot I was wedged into, the young men near me went aflutter.

"Ann Coulter should be staying on our floor!" one said lasciviously.

During a Q&A at a private reception later, another guy raised his hand and asked her out.

Coulter's speech was part right-wing stand-up routine—she called Senator Edward Kennedy "the human dirigible"—and part bloodcurdling agitprop. "Liberals like to scream and howl about McCarthyism," she concluded. "I say, let's give them some. They've had intellectual terror on the campus for years ... It's time for a new McCarthyism."

Curtain.

Liberals who believe that Bush's is the show-no-weakness, make-no-apology presidency see Coulter as its Ur-spokeswoman. That is a facile insult both to Bush, who constantly professes a desire to unite the country, and to Coulter, who wouldn't mind if much of the country moved to Canada. But unlike Bill O'Reilly, the Fox News star, Coulter has never wobbled on Bush's signature deed, the war in Iraq.

"The invasion of Iraq has gone fabulously well," she wrote last June, a few weeks after O'Reilly suggested the U.S. might need to pull out.

Her only argument with Bush is that he isn't more like President Reagan. "'Compassionate conservative,'" she says, "carries the same negative implications as 'articulate black.'" Coulter believes not just in less government but in almost no government. She would eliminate the departments of Education, Commerce, Agriculture and several others. She opposes abortion rights and has written that court-ordered school-desegregation plans have led to "illiterate students knifing one another between acts of sodomy in the stairwell."

Coulter conveys an aura of privilege, wealth and—above all—certainty. "Would that we all could have the political and moral clarity that seems to come so effortlessly from Ann Coulter," wrote an admiring Lisa De Pasquale of the Luce Policy Institute last year in the conservative publication Human Events. But can it be effortless? One theory about Coulter is that she is less Joe McCarthy and more a right-wing Ali G, acting out a character who utters what the rest of us won't. ("That led him to masturbate into [White House] sinks?" she asked in 1999, when President Clinton's rough childhood was mentioned on Rivera Live.)

"This isn't a game," Coulter said at CPAC. "The fate of our troops isn't a game. The fate of the victims on 9/11 is not a game." But she told me several times that, as she put it in an e-mail, "most of what I say, I say to amuse myself and amuse my friends. I don't spend a lot of time thinking about anything beyond that."

So which is it? Is she a brave warrior or a shallow hack? Or is Ann Coulter that most unlikely of conservative subspecies: a hard-right ironist?

Not long ago, I called Coulter's mother and read her one of her daughter's more rakish lines. Last year, after the New York Times published a Reagan obituary that mentioned the Iran-contra scandal 15 times, Coulter wrote that Times publisher Arthur Sulzberger Jr. is "a little weenie who can't read because he has 'dyslexia.'" "Oh, dear," said Nell Martin Coulter, 76, with a laugh.

"Now, is that the way little girls are brought up to speak in Connecticut?" I asked. Ann Coulter grew up in New Canaan, Conn.; her mother was raised in Paducah, Ky. "I know it's not the way little girls are brought up to talk in Kentucky."

"I think you've got a point there," Nell Coulter said, chuckling, "but that is the way she expresses herself, and she does have obviously strong likes and dislikes. That's just the way she puts things ... I think a person who has strong convictions is more convincing to someone who is wavering."

In other words, it's not an act. But as Coulter herself points out in Is It True What They Say About Ann?, "I think the way to convert people is to make them laugh or to make them enraged ... Even if I could be convinced that if I had gone through 17 on-the-one-hand-on-the-other-hands, I might convince one more liberal out there, I think I'd still write the way I write, because it gives me laughs." Coulter told me that when her editor suggests cutting a line from a column to save space, "I'll ask him, 'But is it funny?' And if he says it's funny, I'll cut an actual fact ."

People say that Jon Stewart has blurred the line between news and humor, but his Daily Show airs on a comedy channel. Coulter goes on actual news programs and deploys so much sarcasm and hyperbole that she sounds more like Dennis Miller than Limbaugh. Consider an exchange on Fox News in June 2001 with Peter Fenn, a Democratic strategist. At the time, Barbra Streisand had suggested that Californians practice more conservation, to which Coulter responded: COULTER: God gave us the earth.

FENN: Oh, O.K.

COULTER: We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the seas.

FENN: Oh, this is a great idea.

COULTER: God said, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours.' FENN: Oh, terrific. We're Americans, so we should consume as much of the earth's resources-- COULTER: Yes. Yes! FENN: —as fast as we possibly can.

COULTER: As opposed to living like the Indians.

Coulter and Fenn were both laughing. But her rape-the-planet bit would later be wrenched from context and repeatedly quoted as Coulter nuttiness. "What p_____ me off," Coulter says, "is when they don't get the punch line."

But it's possible to get the punch line and not laugh. Last year Coulter wrote a column in which she joked, "Like many of you, I carefully reviewed the lawsuits [alleging bias] against the airlines in order to determine which airlines had engaged in the most egregious discrimination, so I could fly only those airlines ...

Imagine the great slogans the airlines could use: "'Now Frisking All Arabs—Twice!' ...

"'You Are Now Free to Move About the Cabin—Not So Fast, Mohammed!'" But that's not (or not only) a joke. Coulter actually favors discrimination based on skin color in airports. She argues that airports should establish a separate line for men and boys whose complexion suggests they could be from the Middle East; they would be screened more thoroughly than other passengers.

"Basically," she says breezily, "aged 15 to 45—12 to 45, say.

Swarthy men ... We'd be searching, you know, Italians, Spanish, Jews, males—but you're excluding the women. You're excluding the old people. You're excluding American blacks."

"Didn't we throw out discrimination based on skin color a long time ago?" I ask.

"This is just safety, and I wouldn't do it for drug dealing," she says. "I wouldn't do it for speeding. I wouldn't do it for a normal crime. It's a serious issue, but it is insane what is going on in the airports right now." Coulter's friends had told me that nothing angers her quite like standing in an airport security line. (She travels frequently to give speeches at $25,000 a pop—up to $50,000 if she must cross the Mississippi River.) Conveniently, her plan would let her glide through a metal detector the pre-9/11 way (shoes on, dignity intact).

Coulter says profiling makes sense when Muslims have committed virtually all the terrorist attacks against Americans for the past 25 years—she begins a terrorism timeline in her latest book with Iranian militants taking Americans hostage in Tehran in 1979. She says of Timothy McVeigh's bombing in Oklahoma City, Okla., "One does not a pattern make." And why wouldn't al-Qaeda recruit white or black Americans? "It's harder than it sounds. You're increasing the transaction costs."

It would be easier to accept Coulter's reasoning if a shadow of bigotry didn't attach to many of her statements about Arabs and Muslims. At the reception after her CPAC speech, she mocked some of the more ornate claims of torture from suspected terrorists detained by the U.S.: "It's completely insane stuff. 'The government flew me to Las Vegas and made me have sex with a horse,'" she said to laughter. But then she added with a grin, "Liberals are about to become the last people to figure out that Arabs lie." How did such a flagrantly impolitic person become such a force in our politics?

Ann Hart Coulter was born in New York City on dec. 8, 1961. (That's according to her Connecticut voter registration. Coulter says she won't confirm the date "for privacy reasons"—she's had several stalkers. "And I'm a girl," she adds.) Her father John, 77, was a G.I. Bill student who became an FBI agent and then a corporate lawyer; Nell Martin, who raised Ann and two boys, is the daughter of a Paducah printmaker. Coulter learned to argue around a dinner table populated by a Catholic father, a Presbyterian mother and two brothers—one of them "a Presbyterian and an anti-Papist," Coulter says with a titter, and the other a Catholic. "And I'm like Hillary with the Mets and the Yankees—I root for both."

The Coulter family argy-bargy was friendly but intense, and formative. "For a younger girl with two older brothers, you've got to learn to mix it up, stand up for yourself," says Merrill Kinstler, 41, a stock trader and close friend. "Older brothers are not going to cut you any slack. If you say something stupid, you figure, next time, I'm going to be better at it." Kinstler, an ex-Democrat who speaks with Coulter virtually every day, describes her as "a cat who thinks she's a dog. She's very much a woman, but she likes ... mixing it up in what I think is a very guy way. Let's put it this way. I have never heard from her, and I know I never will, the following two words: I'm offended."

Indeed, Coulter can be almost as acerbic with herself and her family as she is with liberals. "Because I'm a cranky conservative," Coulter has written, "the world simply reinforces my prejudices on a daily basis." Even her dear mother isn't exempt from her raillery. Last year Nell Coulter learned she had ovarian cancer. She underwent surgery last fall and has had regular chemotherapy this year. She says Ann has taken her to every appointment and remembered every detail for the doctors. But it's not Ann's nature to sound weepy; among her greatest fears—boredom, irrelevance, getting caught on a plane without a nicotine patch—is sentimentalism. For weeks, as we talked for this story, she wouldn't go on the record about her mom's cancer—she half-jokingly said any humanizing detail might slow attacks from liberals, which help sell books. When she finally relented and said I could call her mother, she matter-of-factly told me to do so before the following Wednesday. "She gets the chemo on Wednesday, and once the chemo sets in"—Coulter began to laugh--"for the first week, she gets a little daft from the chemo ... Whenever I call them [her parents], it rings. It rings. It rings. The phone picks up. 'Wait a minute. I have to take my hearing aid out.' 'Find the phone that works.' It's pandemonium calling old people!" Coulter often speaks with great affection for her parents, and she said this with a light, you-know-how-it-is tone. But there's no mistaking: this is a person who will say anything, even when the camera is off.

Coulter got on the honor roll as a kid, fenced and played lacrosse, went to Ramones and Grateful Dead shows (dozens of Dead shows—drug free, she claims). She grew up in a Reagan household and began to explore conservatism on her own at Cornell. There she discovered both liberals, who made her more conservative, and feckless conservatives in the "cigar-smoking, martini-drinking, oh-I-get-drunk-all-the-time libertarian mode," who made her more socially conservative. But there was a twist. In 1984, in an article for the conservative Cornell Review, Coulter attacked its editor for writing, "Statistics are like bikinis: what they show is important, but what they conceal is vital." "The message is clear," Coulter responded in her article.

"The vital parts are the breasts and the vagina, so go get her." I was surprised to find that the piece made a standard feminist argument against pornography (an "atrocity" in which women are "exploited" and "dehumanized"). Its opening lines are: "Conservatives have a difficult time with women. For that matter, all men do."

Coulter—who likes to shock reporters by wondering aloud whether America might be better off if women lost the right to vote—howls at the idea that she was a college feminist. But even today, she can write about gender issues with particular sensitivity. In 2002, after Halle Berry won her Oscar, Coulter said in her column, "Berry's unseemly enthusiasm for displaying 'these babies,' as she genteelly refers to her breasts, reduces the number of roles for any women who lack Berry's beauty-queen features."

And of course the biggest case Coulter ever helped handle as an attorney (she got her law degree from the University of Michigan in 1988) was a sexual-harassment claim of an unsophisticated woman against her powerful former boss. Coulter was one of a handful of informal legal advisers quietly helping Paula Jones, who had alleged in a 1994 lawsuit that she suffered distress and retaliation at her state job after refusing Arkansas Governor Clinton's request for oral sex in 1991. Coulter interviewed Jones and helped write her legal briefs.

Meanwhile, Coulter had emerged as a star in the 24-hour news culture that flowered in the mid-'90s. In 1995, giddy after Republicans took Congress for the first time in 40 years, she had moved from an anonymous corporate-law job in Manhattan to the Washington office of a freshman Republican Senator, Spencer Abraham. Flirty and quick-witted and fun—ex-conservative David Brock says in his book Blinded by the Right that "Ann seemed to live on nothing but chardonnay and cigarettes"—Coulter charmed both Democrats and Republicans. She already knew (or had dated) many young conservatives in college and law school, and just 10 weeks after she arrived in Washington, National Journal named her one of its conservatives under 40 who were "likely to have an impact."

In 1996, a new cable-news channel asked Coulter to audition for a spot as a commentator. She appeared on MSNBC its first day and quickly became one of its most loved and hated contributors. A few months later, she began writing for Human Events, among the oldest conservative publications in the country. (Coulter jokes in How to Talk to a Liberal that the journal "had to break a half-century 'no girls' rule to hire me.") In 1998, John Kennedy Jr. asked her to write a regular column for George.

Washington wasn't quite sure what to make of the spindle-shanked blond. "When I first met her," says a fellow conservative, "she was walking around with a black miniskirt and a mink stole, making out with Bob Guccione Jr. in the stairwell." (Coulter dated publisher Guccione, son of the porn mogul, for six months. She says the stairwell story "could be" true, although "I make out in public less often now that I'm publicly recognizable." As for living on chardonnay and cigarettes, Coulter says that's "definitely true.") Except for a brief stint in Missouri, where she clerked for a federal judge, Coulter has never lived in a so-called red state; in fact she obliterates the overcooked red-blue distinction. Although beloved in Bush country, Coulter lives in a New York City apartment, loves expensive Manhattan restaurants, chews Nicorette in church and hardly ever misses the drag queens' Halloween parade in Greenwich Village.

She likes to tell people, "I get up at noon and work in my underwear," but it's not actually true—Coulter is rarely up before 1.

MSNBC found Coulter "blunt, rude and just completely over the top," says Stephen Lewis, a former MSNBC producer involved in Coulter's hiring—and firing. The network dismissed her at least twice: first in February 1997, after she insulted the late Pamela Harriman, the U.S. Ambassador to France, even as the network was covering her somber memorial service. Coulter said Harriman was one of those women who "used men to work their way up" and suggested "Sharon Stone or Madonna" as her replacement. Even so, the network missed Coulter's jousting and quickly rehired her.

Eight months later, Coulter's relationship with MSNBC ended permanently after she tangled with a disabled Vietnam veteran on the air. Robert Muller, co-founder of the International Campaign to Ban Landmines, asserted that "in 90% of the cases that U.S. soldiers got blown up [in Vietnam]—Ann, are you listening?—they were our own mines." (Muller was misquoting a 1969 Pentagon report that found that 90% of the components used in enemy mines came from U.S. duds and refuse.) Coulter, who found Muller's statement laughable, averted her eyes and responded sarcastically: "No wonder you guys lost." It became an infamous—and oft-misreported—Coulter moment. The Washington Post and others turned the line into a more personal attack: "People like you caused us to lose that war."

But her troubles with MSNBC only freed her to appear on CNN and Fox News Channel, whose producers were often calling. In 1998, Coulter was one of the first pundits to argue forcefully that Clinton should be impeached; she helped lead the charge by writing High Crimes and Misdemeanors: The Case Against Bill Clinton, which became a best seller. When reporters asked David Schippers, the House Judiciary Committee's chief investigator, for a "road map" to the impeachment inquiry, he told them, "Read Ann Coulter's book."

After Coulter helped get the President impeached, one might have expected her to follow fellow anti-Clinton machinators—Linda Tripp and her friend Lucianne Goldberg come to mind—into obscurity. But Coulter's second book, Slander: Liberal Lies About the American Right, an assault on the media, spent eight weeks at the top of the Times best-seller list and rekindled the debate on whether reporters show a liberal bias. Slander was followed in 2003 by Treason, and by then Coulter had inspired an industry of debunkers, people who scour her every utterance for mistakes large and small. Entire websites were devoted to this purpose.

When I asked Coulter about her mistakes, she responded by e-mail: "I think I can save you some time ... The one error liberals have produced is that I was wrong when I said the NYT didn't mention Dale Earnhardt's death on the front page the day after his death. There have been novels and Broadway plays written about Ann Coulter's one mistake, which was pretty minor IMHO [in my humble opinion]—the Times article DID begin: 'His death brought a silence to the Wal-Mart.'" Actually, it didn't. The article began, "Stock car racing's greatest current star and one of its most popular and celebrated figures, Dale Earnhardt, crashed and was killed today ..." The article doesn't mention Wal-Mart, although a subsequent piece did.

Coulter has a reputation for carelessness with facts, and if you Google the words "Ann Coulter lies," you will drown in results. But I didn't find many outright Coulter errors. One of the most popular alleged mistakes pinging around the Web is from her appearance on Canadian TV news in January, when Coulter asserted that "Canada sent troops to Vietnam." Interviewer Bob McKeown said she was wrong.

"Indochina?" Coulter tried. McKeown said no. Finally, Coulter said haltingly, "I'll get back to you." "Coulter never got back to us," McKeown triumphantly noted, "but for the record, like Iraq, Canada sent no troops to Vietnam." What he didn't mention was that Canada did send noncombat troops to Indochina in the 1950s and again to Vietnam in 1972.

To be sure, Coulter's historical efforts can be highly amateurish.

Her writings on the Civil War—she calls Confederate soldiers "a romantic army of legend"—could only be penned by a (Northern) dilettante. And although she has admiringly cited the work of cold war historian Ronald Radosh, he says she misinterpreted that period in Treason. "There were Soviet spies in postwar America," he says.

"But McCarthy was really a nutcase ... She's like the McCarthy-era journalists in a way. She's just repeating what they said, that the only patriotic Americans are on the right." Radosh, a fellow at the conservative Hudson Institute, a Washington think tank, also says Coulter has exaggerated his own troubles as a conservative in academia. "She called me a victim of the left and the academy. That's partially true, but I've had plenty of jobs in academia." Coulter responded that Radosh had complained to reporters in the past about being blacklisted. She also called him "a chickens___."

One consequence of Coulter's feline aggression is that she wins not only enemies (including one who hired a private investigator to look into her past) but creepily devoted fans. She has had discussions with the FBI about her stalkers, one of whom sent flowers every day for six months. Coulter is terrified her address will become public, and she sometimes hides behind a surgical mask when she flies. Ever since two men threw pies at her at the University of Arizona last year, she has traveled with a bodyguard, a bourbon-drinking ex-cop who says, quite believably, that he can kill with his bare hands.

Even so, Coulter told me her most persistent stalker "is the one who will kill me someday."

[i]Is that you BIGBADBRIAN?:D;)

Meanwhile, she is a single woman in her 40s who has been engaged at least three times--"I don't know, something like that"—but never married. Instead she spends time with a large group of devoted friends, among them a restaurant critic, a children's-book author, an ex-supporter of Lyndon LaRouche's, a liberal P.R. agent, an actress and myriad bankers. She sees her friends for long dinners with lots of laughter and Ann Coulter stories. One friend has dubbed her "the blond-tressed fascist spellbinder."

Although it drives Coulter crazy, even friends sometimes say her public and private personas differ. Kent Brownridge, 63, general manager of Wenner Media and a longtime Democrat who used to work for George McGovern, says, "You couldn't find a nicer friend" than Coulter. But, he adds, "I think she has a professional point of view or a shtick or whatever ... Ann has perfected a thing she does on TV because she is outrageous and funny. That's her business, public commentator."

But I'm not sure the public and private Anns are so different. On TV or in person, you can trust that Coulter will speak from her heart.

The officialdom of punditry, so full of phonies and dullards, would suffer without her humor and fire. Which is not to say you don't want to shut her up occasionally. Not long ago, I went to church with Coulter—Redeemer Presbyterian, an evangelical congregation in Manhattan. The actor Ron Silver had also tagged along—Coulter brings lots of people to church, including, at one time, an ex who is Muslim. Pastor Timothy Keller spoke of the importance of allowing one's heart to be "melted by the sense of God's grace because of what he did on the cross for you." After he finished, I asked Coulter whether she had managed to convert her Muslim boyfriend. "No," she answered, her heart apparently not melted: "I was just happy he wasn't killing anyone." With that, she threw her head back and laughed.

Hoongood
04-23-2005, 09:59 AM
We know Ann gives Brian wood, but what gets her turned on...

Do you know who the men in this picture are? As you may have learned on Sesame Street, "one of these things is not like the other".

Who among you have the political aptitude to find the oddball?

Give the others a chance first, FORD.

Hoongood
04-23-2005, 10:05 AM
I bet James Lomenzo thinks Ann is hot. Last week at the BLS show, I saw his wife, girlfriend, ho, whatever, and at first I thought she was Ann Coulter.

Compared to her peers, Ann is a 10.
Who is hotter?
Rush?
Hannity?
Colms?
Rosie?
Babs?
Franken?

BigBadBrian
04-23-2005, 11:15 AM
Who gives a shit what MEZRO is into! I've made that 'ruv you wrong time' joke with him a while ago; and exactly how is that a racial epithet? You're the biggest pussy here Brian and you know it! You play the race card, or any other card, the minute you get stomped and people call out your bullshit! You post those extremist articles because you almost completely buy into them hook, line, and sinker! You've shown yourself to be as hateful and latently racist/prejudiced a cunt as anyone here with your commments on Europeans, migrant workers, Arab-Americans, leftist protestors crushed by Israeli bulldozers, and Muslims in general. And you know you believe in the same militant right-wing doltish retoric as Rudolph and McVeigh did...And a guy who once laughably claimed to be liberatrian has no right calling out anybodies' political affiliations! No Brian, I AM A LIBERTARIAN! YOU ARE A NEO-CON FUNDAMENTALIST! Remember that fool! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh cry me a river you big fucking baby. I never claimed to be a LIBERTARIAN. Your rant above is pathetic.

I must have scored BIG TIME with your precious, delicate feelings, huh? Yeah, you're a RACIST and you know it. You've just never had anyone call you on it. Wear the suit proudly, pal. ;)

Nickdfresh
04-23-2005, 11:35 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh cry me a river you big fucking baby. I never claimed to be a LIBERTARIAN. Your rant above is pathetic.

I must have scored BIG TIME with your precious, delicate feelings, huh? Yeah, you're a RACIST and you know it. You've just never had anyone call you on it. Wear the suit proudly, pal. ;)

You like to repeat your nonsensical rants don't you tool?:rolleyes:

And you did once claim to be a Libertarian you liar!;)

BigBadBrian
04-23-2005, 03:27 PM
You like to repeat your nonsensical rants don't you tool?:rolleyes:

And you did once claim to be a Libertarian you liar!;)

Nope. Never did. :gulp:

Nickdfresh
04-23-2005, 03:30 PM
Nope. Never did. :gulp:

I even took the time to post that drooling Anne Coulter article! What more do you want from me? :D

Nickdfresh
04-23-2005, 03:52 PM
Upon further review, YOU ARE CORRECT BBB. You have never, at least as I can find, referred to yourself as a "Libertarian."

You have said you were a "Moderate" and an Independent" though!

ODShowtime
04-24-2005, 01:53 PM
man I hate that bitch

ODShowtime
04-24-2005, 01:58 PM

One consequence of Coulter's feline aggression is that she wins not only enemies (including one who hired a private investigator to look into her past) but creepily devoted fans. She has had discussions with the FBI about her stalkers, one of whom sent flowers every day for six months. Coulter is terrified her address will become public, and she sometimes hides behind a surgical mask when she flies. Ever since two men threw pies at her at the University of Arizona last year, she has traveled with a bodyguard, a bourbon-drinking ex-cop who says, quite believably, that he can kill with his bare hands.[/B]

This is exactly what this fucking twat deserves.

FORD
04-24-2005, 03:03 PM
s/he only wears the surgical mask when s/he forgets so shave and is afraid the makeup won't cover the 5:00 shadow.

Nickdfresh
04-24-2005, 03:40 PM
s/he only wears the surgical mask when s/he forgets so shave and is afraid the makeup won't cover the 5:00 shadow.

LMAO I thought (s)he had estrogen shots for that!