PDA

View Full Version : I just had a weird ass dream...

The Scatologist
04-18-2005, 12:03 AM
I'm typing this right after I woke up so I don't forget it. The image is clear in my head pretty much.

I dreamed that I was going someplace but by chance, I caught the Atomic Punks playing a outdoor concert on a roof top of some hotel parking lot looking thingy. I saw Ralph at the top, there was a banner hanging down from the side of the building saying Atomic Punks and I could hear Jamie's crying. There was a ton of people up there and it looked like everyone was having a blast. I think I caught a glimpse of Russ too. The thing going through my head was, I really wanna see them play Panama and I'm the One and all those other kickass songs! And that I want my brother to experience it too.

I grabbed my little brother and took him inside the hotel,the lobby was pretty empty cept for a few people walking around, so we followed this well, not really a corridor, but a pair of doors sread out a bit. Nothing special.I could hear Ain't Talkin Bout Love. We basically just went to the other side of the wall to the other room. We saw a few more people walking up to the rooftop.
Then a employee stopped us. He was a localish guy in his late 40's with a mustache. He said that we couldn't go any further without any tickets. I then asked him where I can buy some. He said they were all sold out. I then tryed explaining to him how I really want my little brother to experience what watching a real rock and roll band is like. He still said no, and then I noticed that the music stopped. I still kept arguing a bit more though but finally gave up.

Then I walked outside, thinking of watching them from below, since that's about as good as I could get at that time. I saw a bunch of people moving around, but no Atomic Punks. I moved around a bit, and went up this hill going up the side of the parking lot building thingy.

I walked past a cluster of Japanese looking buildings, sorta like a small temple with lots of green or whatever. Typical dream stuff that doesn't make sense when you wake up but does at the time. There was a sign that said, Jobs for Old People Only. I think that's what it said. I figured that it must be a place that hires a bunch of elderly people to work. Sorta like a retirement home where you um, work instead of retire.

Then after that I reached the part of the hill where I could look onto the top of the roof. I saw that it was like a playground with slides and stuff, there was a little concrete stage too. Everything was semi old and yellowed a bit. It was also getting later in the day, so that may have attributed to the yellowness of everything. (Ralph and them were playing Jamie's Crying under a bright blue sunny perfect sky)

The stage was empty, and there was only a few people walking away. No Punks. Then I realized, if I came here sooner, all I had to do was look through this fence. I would have gotten a great view of the show. With only one of those common chain fences blocking my view. Hell I coulda probably climbed over it. I realized that I missed the AP show, I coulda seen them from a good spot if I didn't just stand there trying to get the guy to let us through. ALthough the show was almost over anyway, it woulda still been better then nothing.

Then I woke up. The first thing that went through my mind, was "Damn, the Atomic Punks need to come to Hawaii more often."
and also, "Fucking Van Halen should reunite already."

So anyone have any idea what this dream might have meant?

2 things to consider.

1. The Atomic Punks are in my opinion, the best fucking band I have ever seen play in Hawaii. (Since I can't see classic VH obviously) They were playing in Hawaii only like 11 days after my 18th birthday, and it was basically the first 18+ show I was able to go to myself. However, they haven't come since then :(

2. I also had a real fucking good jam session yesturday. (But pretty much all the ones i've been having with the new band, as opposed to the old one were) We didn't just play Van Halen, but we certainly played a lot of it.I noticed that I was getting better at doing scissor kick's while playing guitar, but need to have it more consistant where the sound doesn't jump after I land.

After the jam session, my friend had to leave right away, so I was the only one there atm, and one of the guy's from the studio, was like oh your friend left already? Then he asked if we ever got a tour of the place before. I've been to the place several times before but I never really got a good look at all the rooms, so he showed me around. He mentioned how refreshing it was to just see a acouple of guy's jamming out. (My other friend couldn't make it and we're still looking for a singer.) He mentioned about how some people would come in groups of 8 or 10 guys and shit, to rehearse, but would still bitch about the price, and just bitch about a whole bunch of other things too. He complimented us and stuff while he was showing me around the whole time. (Obviously he was tired of all the reggae, and bad rock bands that go there all the time) He wanted to see some of my gear too. Then he showed me a new Mesa Boogie rectifier that he got (it was semi hidden away). When we got to the lounge, I asked him about a painting on the wall, that I noticed when I came here before. I told him the left angel looked suspiciously like 1984 cover, cigarrette and all. Apparently, though it wasn't based on the 1984 cover, both were based on another painting done by someone who I forgot the name to. (He also said, yeah 1984, the last REAL Van Halen album :D ) Then we basically talked about Van Halen for a bit, he gave me a stick of gum, and I left.

Man, that was a long post, but this was one weird fucking dream!

Panamark
04-18-2005, 02:46 AM
I dreamt I was awake once. That was fucking weird.

The Scatologist
04-18-2005, 05:56 AM
You know what the weirdest dreams are? The one's where you're dreaming that you're taking a piss into a toilet.... only to find you were just dreaming....

Panamark
04-18-2005, 05:05 PM
Yeah !

Ok, this will freak you out. I took a piss one night, and felt totally disoriented. I could manouvre around my house, but it wasnt
the "normal" feeling of walking around. I remember thinking I better
get back to bed. When I made it to my bedroom I could see myself
laying in the bed. This freaked me so much I jolted like I was just
electrocuted, then sat up (in the bed) awake.

Ive had a couple of other experiences like this. (Not many) and not
for several years now. But that was the only time that I could see
myself. I thought I was dead or something. The shock of it all jolted
me back real quick into bed though...

bueno bob
04-18-2005, 05:21 PM
I had a daydream that I was awake, but I was really asleep thinking that I was awake but only dreaming that I was sleeping while I was awake.

I need more drugs.

Panamark
04-19-2005, 01:48 AM
Definately !

Medical Grade too !!

smaz
04-19-2005, 07:38 PM
I had a dream the other night, very strange.

I was walking home from town late at night, when I saw some drug dealers (one was a celeb-kinda person), who wouldnt leave me alone, so I threatened them with calling the police. They started chasing me, so I ran off.

I lured them to a level in a game I play, where Warham (I've no idea why either) was waiting to smack 'em with a rocket launcher. Fuckin' wierd.....

GAR
04-19-2005, 07:40 PM
I hate crack, really I do.