PDA

View Full Version : Judas Priest or Iron Maiden

MK5150
04-18-2005, 03:02 PM
Who do you prefer Judas Priest or Iron Maiden?

Ally_Kat
04-18-2005, 03:10 PM
Iron Maiden

The Scatologist
04-18-2005, 03:32 PM
Priest

Though I DO love Maiden, I must admit their lyrics get corny after awhile.

Marlowe01
04-18-2005, 04:17 PM
Not sure. There's parts of Megadeth I like more than Iron Maiden and vice versa. I think Megadeth has more, better songs but Iron Maiden still kick ass. I always liked how they were such great poets, esp. Steve Harris the bass player. I have Iron Maiden overload quicker than Megadeth overload. Megadeth is more ear candy. All of Iron Maiden kinda sounds the same. I like to throw on Iron Maiden while I play a game like Age of Empires or Civilization 3 or something. Fits the mood. Megadeth is another story. Dave Mustaine freaks a lot of people out but I like his sarcastic voice a lot of the time. Capitol Punishment is one of the best CDs I've ever bought. Edward the Great: Iron Maiden's Greatest Hits, is also a very good CD.

Vinnie Velvet
04-18-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Marlowe01
Not sure. There's parts of Megadeth I like more than Iron Maiden and vice versa. I think Megadeth has more, better songs but Iron Maiden still kick ass. I always liked how they were such great poets, esp. Steve Harris the bass player. I have Iron Maiden overload quicker than Megadeth overload. Megadeth is more ear candy. All of Iron Maiden kinda sounds the same. I like to throw on Iron Maiden while I play a game like Age of Empires or Civilization 3 or something. Fits the mood. Megadeth is another story. Dave Mustaine freaks a lot of people out but I like his sarcastic voice a lot of the time. Capitol Punishment is one of the best CDs I've ever bought. Edward the Great: Iron Maiden's Greatest Hits, is also a very good CD.

Uh, dude. The thread is about 'Iron Maiden or JUDAS PRIEST', not 'Maiden or Megadeth'.

Marlowe01
04-18-2005, 04:26 PM
just noticed that, sorry. I don't know where that came from or why I said that. Whoops. Well, in that case, I like them both about the same. Metal Works '73-'93 is a pretty good CD and so is Edward the Great: Iron Maiden's Greatests Hits. I get sick of both after about the same-length listening session.

bueno bob
04-18-2005, 05:09 PM
Edward the Great was just a piece of crap, I thought...no Di'Anno material and a crappy track list. My copy of the 2 CD "Best of the Beast" (1996 Castle Records) I prefer a lot more over that.

Between Maiden and Priest? Hard telling, about evenly. Priest has had more consistancy over the years, only dropping the ball with Turbo and the Ripper Owens era...and the only reason the Ripper Owens era is included is because Glenn Tipton was an AWFUL lyric writer...God, he even made Hagar look good...Maiden's been hit or miss on me since "7th Son"...

It's close, but Priest probably edges them out. Barely.

kentuckyklira
04-18-2005, 05:25 PM
Judas Priest, any day of the week!

mewisemagic
04-18-2005, 05:30 PM
judas priest!

fe_lung
04-18-2005, 05:45 PM
Maiden. Priest was far too queer for my taste. And I'm not talking about Halford - he's the least queer thing about that band.

Terry
04-18-2005, 10:44 PM
Varies.

Dig each of the bands for different things.

Maiden definitely had a bit more musicianship, but Priest rocked just as hard without as much of the pretentiousness. Plus, British Steel is a classic.

Guess it's a tie, since I haven't had much use for anything either group has put out since 1984/1985.

Terry
04-18-2005, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Edward the Great was just a piece of crap, I thought...no Di'Anno material and a crappy track list. My copy of the 2 CD "Best of the Beast" (1996 Castle Records) I prefer a lot more over that.

Between Maiden and Priest? Hard telling, about evenly. Priest has had more consistancy over the years, only dropping the ball with Turbo and the Ripper Owens era...and the only reason the Ripper Owens era is included is because Glenn Tipton was an AWFUL lyric writer...God, he even made Hagar look good...Maiden's been hit or miss on me since "7th Son"...

It's close, but Priest probably edges them out. Barely.

bueno, tell me that chicks breasts are photographically enhanced...I like large boobs, but those things look almost too big (if there is such a thing)...poor girls gonna have a helluva slouch hauling those two funbags around...and yet I still find myself drawn to them just the same

DlocRoth
04-18-2005, 11:01 PM
Priest Beast.

Matt White
04-19-2005, 12:29 AM
IRON MAIDEN

UP THE IRONS!!!

Panamark
04-19-2005, 02:02 AM
Priest

But Iron Maiden are fucking cool man !

Don Corleone
04-19-2005, 02:05 AM
Haven't we had the thread before??? Anyway Maiden by a landslide

Hardrock69
04-19-2005, 10:38 AM
I like them both for different reasons.

1. Halford WAS the shit as far as Metal Vocalists go. Absolutely amazing to hear, mind-blowing to see live in concert. They were the first major band to bring double kick speed metal to the forefront, along with Halfordian leather & studs look that became the 'Metal' look.

The negative? Cheesy songs. I was foaming at the mouth when Turbo came out, as me and my band wanted to learn the most skull-crushing song on the album to play live. Instead we were confronted with a glossy piece of shit record that was over-produced, and had crap songs like "Parental Guidance" and "Private Property".

The followup, "Ram It Down" had some interesting songs, but the electronic/Mutt Lange sounding drums and laboratory sterile guitars pissed me off. I feel that 'Blood Red Skies' shoulda been on the T2: Judgement Day soundtrack, while the song "Love Me To Death" had some great moments including the stereo recording of the whip crack!!

Johnny B. Goode was a low point in their career. Released as the first single from Ram It Down, I was so desperate to hear new Priest music I PURPOSELY went to a movie theater and sat through a terrible high school football movie . I thought perhaps the song would be somewhere during the film, but was surprised to find it was the song that played as the end credits rolled.

So I wasted 90 minutes of my valuable time I can never get back watching a suckass, lame film, only to have to endure an overproduced piece of shit song.

2. Iron Maiden - I love them cause they never sold out. They always did what they were going to do, and had their ups and downs, but they stuck to their guns and look where they are today. They are at the top of the Metal Heap.

I also dig the fact they have 3 guitarists now, and the last time I saw them was August of 2000 when I had 5th row seats. They blew me away (as I thought they would).

My only problem with them is not a negative thing...it is just that I cannot listen to them and just 'listen'. I LOVE to play their music, and if I hear their stuff I automatically begin searching for a guitar to play, as jamming to their cds is a) great way to keep my chops up, b) great aerobic exercise, and c) fun. And yes, I can play all their stuff, but even so, one must have their shit together to do so, as their music is NOT easy to play. Perhaps the riffs are not too hard, but play that same riff repeatedly at 78 RPM for 5 straight minutes, and it can cause your fingers to fall off...

:D

DlocRoth
04-19-2005, 10:41 AM
Hardrock LOVES Anthony Michael Hall.

Dont tell. roflmao

Hardrock69
04-19-2005, 10:43 AM
Never heard of him....
:confused:

DlocRoth
04-19-2005, 10:48 AM
Anthony Michael Hall... Johnny B. Goode.

Rusty from Vacation.

Johnson from Breakfast club...

you get it.

nosuchluck
04-19-2005, 10:49 AM
while i don't listen to either band much anymore, i'd say Maiden 1980 - 1990. and bits of the Fear of the Dark album too. was my favourite band for a long time when i was in school...

Soul Reaper
04-19-2005, 02:46 PM
Iron Maiden because I have more albums.

I haven't got any Judas Priest albums.

I heard bootlegs and mp3s, and seen videos and they rule, but not as much as Maiden.

the big dawg
04-19-2005, 04:31 PM
PRIEST[COLOR=orange][SIZE=4]

bueno bob
04-19-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Terry
bueno, tell me that chicks breasts are photographically enhanced...I like large boobs, but those things look almost too big (if there is such a thing)...poor girls gonna have a helluva slouch hauling those two funbags around...and yet I still find myself drawn to them just the same

I have no idea, honestly...if you look closely, they LOOK accurate, doesn't look like a touch-up, but who knows? There are some real geniuses at work out there...

Aren't they just GRATE thought? :D

rustoffa
04-19-2005, 10:27 PM
I always thought the cover of Foreigner's "Head Games" album should have been the cover of "Stained Class".

However, the glass mannequin head getting blasted with lasers gives Priest the edge.

Hardrock69
04-19-2005, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by DlocRoth
Anthony Michael Hall... Johnny B. Goode.

Rusty from Vacation.

Johnson from Breakfast club...

you get it.

Ah I see now....

LOL!

Goober....
:D

HippieLettuce
04-20-2005, 12:35 AM
http://www.ironmaiden.com/discography/discography_IMG/killers.jpg

BrownSound1
04-21-2005, 12:09 PM
I watched Maiden's Rock In Rio from a couple of years ago, and those boys kicked ass. Dickinson's voice has remained VERY strong...hard to believe with the way the guy can scream.

I like both of them, but I've got to give a slight edge to Maiden for the album covers if nothing else. :D

Bill Lumbergh
04-21-2005, 01:28 PM
Ten years ago I would have said Maiden HANDS DOWN! However, I'm MUCH more of a Priest fan now....the twin leads of Downing and Tipton are in a word, THESHIT......Halford can do so many things vocally it's amazing.......Maiden from 81-85 was absolutely amazing, though.

Hardrock69
04-21-2005, 01:36 PM
Actually, I think Dickinson's voice has gotten better! When I saw them in 2000, he blew me away with some of the screams he did...but then, maybe he felt he had something to prove, being on the same bill with Halford & Queensryche.....

Soul Reaper
04-21-2005, 01:56 PM
Live After Death is a great live album.

Some people criticise it because there are small crowds. Is this true?

I doesn't sound like a very small crowd

Bill Lumbergh
04-21-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
Live After Death is a great live album.

Some people criticise it because there are small crowds. Is this true?

I doesn't sound like a very small crowd

There were 13,000 fans at Long Beach Arena.........

Soul Reaper
04-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Iron Maiden have porbably had more than that in their career.

Small crowd for them (?)

scottd1984
04-21-2005, 02:54 PM
IRON MAIDEN!!!

Shaun Ponsonby
04-21-2005, 04:35 PM
I'm sure we've already had this thread.

I'm gonna say Priest.

To this day I still think that Maiden got some aspects of their sound from Priest. For the twin guitars more than anything. I also like the way Priest have moved with the times. 'Rocka Rolla' is completely different from 'British Steel' which is completely different from 'Turbo' which is completely different from 'Painkiller' or 'Angel of Retribution'. I could probably tell what album, or group of albums, a Priest song comes from, but I can't with Maiden, because they haven't changed, which is probably a good thing.

Don'g get me wrong, I like Maiden. it's just that I LOVE Priest.

Dave's Bitch
05-10-2005, 04:18 PM
IRON MAIDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
\m/ \m/

sammysucks65
05-10-2005, 04:26 PM
iron maiden has cooler covers on cds but they have too many cds like 50 of em i have a few of their mp3s but judas preist is better..

run to the hills by maiden is the best song though!

sentinel
05-10-2005, 04:54 PM
JUDAS FUCKIN' PRIEST!!!

BECAUSE THEY'RE THE INVENTORS OF TWIN GUITARS & SCREAMING

VOCALS. MAIDEN FOLLOWED AND ALSO DEVELOPED THAT FORMULA.

ONE INTERESTING NOTE IS THAT; PRIEST WAS ABLE TO COME BACK

FROM THAT "TURBO AND RAM IT DOWN ERA" WITH STRONG

PAINKILLER. IRON MAIDEN HAS NEVER BEEN THE SAME SINCE

POWERSLAVE.

DLR82VH
05-10-2005, 04:59 PM
This one is really close to call............I'd probably take Maidenbut not by much.

PELIBUS
05-12-2005, 12:34 AM
FUCK, I LOVE THEM BOTH.
BUT I'VE SEEN THEM LIVE (MAIDEN LAST YEAR AND THE PRIEST LAST MONTH) AND MAIDEN ARE FAR BETTER.
JUDAS PRIEST ON STAGE ARE LIKE A 2 HOUR LONG POSTCARD WHILST MAIDEN ARE A FUCKING HURRICANE, EVERYBODY BUT NICO ARE RUNNING FOR ALMOST 3 HOURS. THAT'S VALUE FOR MONEY.
UP THE IRONS