PDA

View Full Version : Can I Show My Guitars Off?

DrMaddVibe
04-21-2005, 11:38 AM
L-R - Fender Squire II, Kramer Focus 420s, Hamer Slammer short scale.

b - Kramer Ferrington

Panamark
04-22-2005, 09:15 AM
Are you a bass player by any chance ? :)

DrMaddVibe
04-22-2005, 01:30 PM
Yup!

No open E string thumper here!

Unless I'm playing something by Van Halen. LOL!

I started off playing a six-string. I still have a '54 Gibson J-45 and a Washburn PS500. Everytime I'd try to learn a new song I was going to the bass line. Then out of frustration I bought the 420s for 79 bucks @ MusicYo. I played it for a year and got really good at it. Enough that I traded my Marshall amp for the Hamer. I use that one for songs that I'm all over the fretboard with and need to be there quick (ala RHCP). The white Squire was a garage sale find for 20 bucks! I LOVE the neck on this and the fact that this thing is my beater. I abuse this guitar like Jaco did his! It takes it and keeps giving back. I admired Frankenstraat's work and who knows...that bass might emerge as a Frankenbass. The acoustic was born out of necessity. When you live near the lightning capital of the world you can go hours w/o power...sooooo a decent acoustic is in order. I noticed on MTV's Unplugged that Kiss and the Cure used this bass on the stage so I bought it off of EBay a couple years ago for 200 bucks w/ the HSC. The amp is a 60w Fender and I push a Digitech BP200 through it for effects that other pedals couldn't touch for the set up or sound.

That's me and my gear!

Hardrock69
04-23-2005, 01:25 AM
No dude., You cannot show off your guitars here.

No musicians allowed.

:D

just kidding...
;)

tydhurst
05-02-2005, 10:15 PM
You can show them off, i just don't see why you'd want to!