PDA

View Full Version : AMERICANS like Australians more than anyone else in the world.

Sarge
02-26-2004, 03:33 PM
We're tops in US eyes
February 25, 2004

AMERICANS like Australians more than anyone else in the world.

France: 'cheese-eating surrender monkeys', according to the US

But they are suspicious about the French, they like Iraqis a bit more now Saddam Hussein has gone and they can't stand the North Koreans.

In a Gallup Poll taken in early February, 88 per cent of Americans were favourable towards Australia. And our contribution to the war on terror may not have been the driving factor.

The Canadians, who opposed the war, came second on 87 per cent.

The annual poll asked 1002 respondents their opinion of 22 countries selected because they are topical and represent all regions.

People answered either very favourable, mostly favourable, mostly unfavorable, very unfavourable or do not care.

The British, America's best friends in Europe, tied for second with the Canadians.

The French were clobbered for their vehement opposition to US foreign policy. Widely derided in the US as "cheese-eating surrender monkeys", they rated in the 70s before the war but this year limped in at No. 12, on 47 per cent approval.

Germany was just as anti-war as France but escaped much of the disdain, coming in fifth on 69 per cent. Iraq came 19th, but is on the up.

Those with an unfavorable attitude towards Iraq dropped 19 points to 74 per cent while the percentage with a favourable impression has risen from 5 per cent last year to 21 per cent this year.

North Korea came in last with 12 per cent favourable.
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,8785812%255E421,00.html

Full Bug
02-26-2004, 03:45 PM
I guess Panamark might be happy with this you think?:D

lucky wilbury
02-26-2004, 04:03 PM
what idiots gave n korea a favorablity rating? they should be at 0.

Ally_Kat
02-26-2004, 04:05 PM
We're only kissing the Aussie's asses so we can get one of these (http://www.australiagift.com/scrotum_shop/scrotum.htm) :hula:

BITEYOASS
02-26-2004, 08:12 PM
It's time to closely monitor those who voted favorably for N Korea. Yeah, I know FORD is gonna give me shit about this!

Your violating there 1'st amendment rights...BLAH...BLAH...BLAH....we should wait for the UN's approval....BLAH...BLAH....BLAH

Fuck it, it time to go in and finish off what should have been done 50+ years ago!

MAX
02-26-2004, 11:19 PM
Aussie's fucking rock!!!! Several of my best online friends are mates from Down Under!!!

Panamark, Goo and BOMBER immediately come to mind.

thebuldawg
02-27-2004, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Sarge
France: 'cheese-eating surrender monkeys', according to the US

So they're Hagar fans? Can't say that suprises me.

Flash Bastard
02-27-2004, 11:28 PM
I like the Aussies quite a bit. But I hate France, Germany, a good portion of the U.K. and most of Mexico.

Oh yeah, fuck Canada too. ;)

Panamark
02-28-2004, 06:09 AM
Well gawsh, I feel all humblified now..

I wonder if its our Excellent SAS troops, the fact that we wrestle crocs, or just that we are grate, genuinely friendly, caring people ? :)
(Who drink gallons of beer, bonk sheilas and dont worry too much)

The feelings are mutual. Aussies love Americans ! And of course the British, we did hate them, but then we realized they shipped us convicts off to a sunny paradise, now we feel sorry for them. :p

Cool ! Its nicer to be at the top of the list instead of the bottom,
anyday.

Full Bug
02-28-2004, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard

Oh yeah, fuck Canada too. ;)
Screw you too, at least we have great beer......:cool:

Sarge
02-28-2004, 11:49 AM
Every Australian I have ever met was hilarious.

Hey Panamark I like the Bonking Shelias thing

:)

ELVIS
02-28-2004, 12:01 PM
Isn't a shelia a fag ??

ELVIS
02-28-2004, 12:02 PM
Hey.. can shelias get married in Oz ??

ELVIS
02-28-2004, 12:04 PM
http://www.australiagift.com/scrotum_shop/s_med.jpg

Is this the only valuable part of a dead kangaroo ??

:D

Sarge
02-28-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Isn't a shelia a fag ??

I don't know
I thought it was a female Kangaroo?
:)

Panamark
02-28-2004, 03:18 PM
C'mon Elvis, you know what a Sheila is, ya cheeky bugga ! ;) You understand a lot of out terminologies !

Actually poor old Skippy (our kangaroos) are also eaten. You can buy kangaroo meat in our Supermarkets now. They actually have an annual cull of Roo's here. Theres some insane amount that they kill each year, but theres also an insane amount of them alive. I dont really agree with it, but its a Govt arranged thing. I think they culled 20 million last year. That makes for a lot of Roo Nutsack carry pouches and Roo steaks. Aborigines and old bushmen have been using those nutsacks as carry bags forever. With some of the big roos you could carry a farken bowling ball in one of them. They can fight
too. The big buggas will kick the shit out of you. I dont blame them at
all. Your'e not getting my nutsack without a fight !!

Little Texan
02-28-2004, 03:41 PM
I like Australians because not only do they seem to be really friendly people, they are really cool people, as well. At least as far as I can tell.

Little Texan
02-28-2004, 03:44 PM
That Kangaroo nutsack would make a great Christmas present for my mom! She'll think it's a really neat leather pouch, then I'll tell her what it really is. :D

Flash Bastard
02-29-2004, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Full Bug
Screw you too, at least we have great beer......:cool:

Canada has great beer? That's fucking funny.

The only decent beer available in Canadian liquor stores are imports from Australia and the U.K.

Full Bug
02-29-2004, 01:44 PM
Canada has great beer? That's fucking funny.

The only decent beer available in Canadian liquor stores are imports from Australia and the U.K.
Bull shit......And ever heard of going to the beer store instead of the liquor store?
And dont even try to tell me American beer is as good or better then Canadian beer......

Full Bug
02-29-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Little Texan
I like Australians because not only do they seem to be really friendly people, they are really cool people, as well. At least as far as I can tell.
Would love to have visited by now, but the thought of being in a commercial plane for 12 hours is scary, private plane would be cool.....
Plus I hear they have alot of spiders you have to be aware of, that thought freaks me out.....
Hey Panamark, ever found a spider in your boot or something?

Flash Bastard
02-29-2004, 07:09 PM
Bull shit......And ever heard of going to the beer store instead of the liquor store?
What the fuck is a beer store? Is that a Canadian thing?

Here in the U.S. we have liquor stores. They sell alcoholic beverages including beer. I've never heard of a place that sells only beer.

Full Bug
02-29-2004, 11:06 PM
What the fuck is a beer store? Is that a Canadian thing?

Here in the U.S. we have liquor stores. They sell alcoholic beverages including beer. I've never heard of a place that sells only beer.
Its called "The Beer Store".......
I will provide proof soon.....

Little Texan
02-29-2004, 11:48 PM
Beer store, liquor store...who gives a fuck what it's called. We call it both in Texas.

BigBadBrian
03-02-2004, 04:23 PM
I was at an ANZAC (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps) bar in Manila one time and when the retired Australian fellas there found out me and the buddy I was with were American servicemen, we didn't spend a penny the rest of the night. The alcohol flowed freely that night. One of the best times I ever had. :gulp:

Panamark
03-02-2004, 06:17 PM
Would love to have visited by now, but the thought of being in a commercial plane for 12 hours is scary, private plane would be cool.....
Plus I hear they have alot of spiders you have to be aware of, that thought freaks me out.....
Hey Panamark, ever found a spider in your boot or something?

We have got the most venomous and dangerous creatures in the world. Sydney has got the Sydney Funnel Web Spider. You dont want
to fuck with that one. Can kill you in five minutes. Ive found these in my pool. But they are usually dead and really obvious. Never had one in the house. We get a lot of "huntsman" or "wolf" spiders which are big hairy bastards, but are generally harmless. I used to pick them up as a kid and chase the girls with them (As I knew they were not really
venomous). But they still freak you out, as they get inside your car.
Ive had a few under the sun visor. When you pop the visor down theres this big hairy fucker sitting there. Its even more fun when they decided to drop from there down into your lap, while you are driving. Ive nearly stacked twice from that happening. You can imagine, you just want to stop the car and get the fuck out as soon as possible.

Ive had Black snakes in my yard. They can kill you. In fact all of our snakes are deadly. Lots of lizards too, but they are pretty cool. They dont worry you.

Heres some of the deadly things we have:
(Off the top of my head)

- Crocs
- Sharks
- Stonefish. If you stand on this fucker its lights out.
- Box Jellyfish (venom paralyses and kills)
- Blue Ringed Octopus. (See Box Jellyfish)
- Snakes (In particular the Taipan, most venomous snake on earth)
- Spiders (In particular the Sydney Funnel Web, most dangerous spider on earth
- Stinging Plants and Bushes. Yes we even have venomous plants !

I have seen all of the above in their natural habitat. (Im still here !!)
If you live in suburban Australia and dont visit the bush and beaches,
you would never see many of these creatures. But snakes and Spiders are a possibility, especially if you have bush around your suburb.

Golden AWe
03-02-2004, 06:48 PM
I've had 5 schoolmates from Australia...3 of them are really cool, total airheads, all of them...
one of them was a bit too arrogant and was pissed off if we smoked pot...
one of them was a complete idiot, he talked to me slowly as you talk to a retard, ok I know a little more english than his spanish friends...

But I guess there are idiots in every country...

As I said, those three guys have been really cool...

Golden AWe
03-02-2004, 06:50 PM
Btw, I assume that Full Bug's point was that a store called "beer store" usually has a little better selection of foreign beers than a usual liquor store...

Panamark
03-02-2004, 07:00 PM
We are not "idiot free" by any means. Just smack that fucker in the face that talks too slowly to you GA.

Angel
03-02-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
Btw, I assume that Full Bug's point was that a store called "beer store" usually has a little better selection of foreign beers than a usual liquor store...

Not necessarily. We have both liquor, for ALL your alcoholic needs, and beer stores are just that, they carry only beer, and mostly Canadian brands. It depends on the province though, in Quebec you can buy beer at grocery stores, just like in most States.

I'm just surprised Bug didn't mention BC BUD! :smoke:

Dr. Love
03-02-2004, 11:13 PM
Beer store, liquor store...who gives a fuck what it's called. We call it both in Texas.

You got any Beer Barns in Laneville?

Where the fuck is Laneville, anyway?

Julius
03-02-2004, 11:32 PM

You're a fucking idiot. Why hasn't someone banned your dumb canadian ass yet?

Jesus, they let anyone post here, don't they?

Assclown. God damn you're a fucking retard. Go fuck yourself.

Full Bug
03-03-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
We have got the most venomous and dangerous creatures in the world. Sydney has got the Sydney Funnel Web Spider. You dont want
to fuck with that one. Can kill you in five minutes. Ive found these in my pool. But they are usually dead and really obvious. Never had one in the house. We get a lot of "huntsman" or "wolf" spiders which are big hairy bastards, but are generally harmless. I used to pick them up as a kid and chase the girls with them (As I knew they were not really
venomous). But they still freak you out, as they get inside your car.
Ive had a few under the sun visor. When you pop the visor down theres this big hairy fucker sitting there. Its even more fun when they decided to drop from there down into your lap, while you are driving. Ive nearly stacked twice from that happening. You can imagine, you just want to stop the car and get the fuck out as soon as possible.
Wow, I guess you just get used to these things being around, I cant picture myself getting used to a wolf spider just popping out of my viser, freaky....
Just suddenly coming across a spider when you least expect it is the stuff that freaks me out more then anything......
What is a Stonefish?

Full Bug
03-03-2004, 12:15 AM
It has a little of everything, great selection...

Full Bug
03-03-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Julius
You're a fucking idiot. Why hasn't someone banned your dumb canadian ass yet?

Jesus, they let anyone post here, don't they?

Assclown. God damn you're a fucking retard. Go fuck yourself.
Who the hell are you? Get back to me when you have made a few posts asshole, like I give a crap about your view on things.....:rolleyes:

Little Texan
03-03-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
You got any Beer Barns in Laneville?

Where the fuck is Laneville, anyway?

Not unless it's a bootlegger's barn we don't. The county I'm in is dry, and the nearest town in a wet county is Kilgore, about 20 miles away. Laneville is a small farming community close to Henderson, which is about 30 miles southeast of Tyler. You could blink your eyes and miss Laneville. It consists of a gas station, church, fire station, school, and a post office. Laneville (http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=M7tNO.p_0TqT&csz=Laneville%2C+TX&country=us)

Little Texan
03-03-2004, 12:45 AM
Laneville's claim to fame is the Laneville Yellowjackets boys basketball team won back to back Class 1A state titles in 1992 and 1993. :D

Panamark
03-03-2004, 01:18 AM
Wow, I guess you just get used to these things being around, I cant picture myself getting used to a wolf spider just popping out of my viser, freaky....
Just suddenly coming across a spider when you least expect it is the stuff that freaks me out more then anything......
What is a Stonefish?

http://www.amonline.net.au/fishes/students/focus/images/shorridab.jpg

These fuckers sit on reefs etc, and look just like rock etc, their poisonous spikes with easily pierce shoes.

Golden AWe
03-03-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
We are not "idiot free" by any means. Just smack that fucker in the face that talks too slowly to you GA.

I'm glad he's not here anymore :)

Good for him, good for you - he's in Spain now I think.

Dr. Love
03-03-2004, 09:50 AM
Not unless it's a bootlegger's barn we don't. The county I'm in is dry, and the nearest town in a wet county is Kilgore, about 20 miles away. Laneville is a small farming community close to Henderson, which is about 30 miles southeast of Tyler. You could blink your eyes and miss Laneville. It consists of a gas station, church, fire station, school, and a post office. Laneville (http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=M7tNO.p_0TqT&csz=Laneville%2C+TX&country=us)

Holy shit, dude, that IS in the middle of nowhere!

Julius
03-04-2004, 10:15 PM
Who the hell are you? Get back to me when you have made a few posts asshole, like I give a crap about your view on things.....:rolleyes:
Maybe if I was a miserable loser like you I'd have more posts here. Slag off.

WACF
03-05-2004, 12:22 AM
It depends on the province though, in Quebec you can buy beer at grocery stores, just like in most States.

Suddenly I feel like I should live in Quebec!!!

WACF
03-05-2004, 12:22 AM
Then again...

Flash Bastard
03-07-2004, 12:35 AM

A 'beer only' store.... That's my idea of nirvana.

No, not that shitty band.

Bug, you said you had proof. Not that I'm doubting you, but the very concept is foreign to me. A place that sells only beer?

Wow. How much do you want to bet it's 1500 miles from me?

How cruel.